Newbie 1466: ICECREAM! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by awesomeusername »

Okay, too late for that.

The remaining scum is either a role blocker or a goon, and only he knows which. If he's a goon, he knows there's no doctor, and thus can fake claim doctor without fear of being counterclaimed. Thus a doctor claim doesn't clear anyone (and tells scum who the doc is), a VT claim obviously doesn't clear anyone, and anyone who claims any other role is obviously lying. Also, I don't see how a doctor claiming who he protected clears anyone either.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:34 pm

DOCTOR, DO NOT CLAIM.
Trust me on this one.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

because of the protection night 2! the remaining scum CANT be a goon, becasue the only comp with a protective role AND a cop is the one with a doc/roleblocker!!!

READ THE MATRIX!!!!!!! (page 1)
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by vonflare »

i gtg, be back later hopefully.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:39 pm

@vonflare: 2 doc claims basically requires the scum to be stupid. He knows whether there's a doctor or not.

Bleh, sorry for spamming-ish. Read 625 and if you don't understand, just trust me. Salmon will probably back me up on this.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Wait, I see what you're saying. The night 2 no-kill! OK, disregard me. Granted, that could have been a no submission, so it's not confirmed that there's a doc, but that protection could definitely be useful information.

My bad, vonflare.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:54 pm

So are we claiming? I can go next, though I do have a feeling Thor was the person protected night 2. In that case, scum learns who the doc is but we get valuable information. I'm a little concerned that my (ex-) top scum read suggested the plan though, since the remaining scum knows exactly whether the plan will work or not.

notscience, what do you think? Regardless, I should probably claim next if we claim for opposing the plan so vehemently.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by vonflare »

I think a claim would be good. Gives us information, but we are in MyLo anyways, the identity of the doctor would not be TOO too much of an asset for the scum.

And no, the remaining scum does NOT know if it will work.
I
, however, do. And trust me, it will.

If there is no doctor claim, town is being stupid.

If there is 1 doctor claim, either that person ACTUALLY IS the doctor (likely), the real doctor is too VI to claim (less likely), or the scum didn't kill N2 (almost immpossible)

If there is 2 doctor claims, 1 is scum, effectively confirming the other 2 players as town (which would be the worst scum move)!

therefore, we can only gain from a doc claim.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:52 pm

If we lynch today, with 3 people going into night, scum can win by roleblocking one player and shooting the other (assuming doc can't self-protect). If we no-lynch today, we're saying we kinda want scum to kill someone. So it doesn't really benefit scum to know who the doctor is. The worst case scenario is that we get misleading information. I'll trust you on the plan.

I'm a VT.

Your casework isn't quite right, though. If nobody claims doctor, a failure to nightkill on Night 2 becomes rather likely. It's not necessarily that town is dumb.

@vonflare: My point is that scum knows whether he submitted or not on Night 2. This, combined with knowing how many doctors there really are can cause him to know which of the four choices (0 claims, 1 good claim, 1 bad claim, or 2 claims) will occur. A Night 2 no-nightkill is actually pretty likely if notscience is scum since that was when Mindgamer was playing for the slot.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

In post 529, Thor665 wrote:I'm confident Salmonella is town.
I'm pretty darn sure Awesome is town.
I'm obv. town.
I lean town on VonFlare...
I lean town on Mindgamer due to various stuff that has nothing to do with that slot's play, which is scummy, but logic tends to suggest it's town.
Okay, so I think this shows that I was investigated, based on word choice alone.

I want to see notscience claim before I claim.

We are not no lynching, because I'll end up dead or any doctor's that may or may not be in the game will end up dead.

Also, we're not quicklynching for obvious reasons.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

notscience, how worried are you of me misreading you?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm 90% sure I'm voting vonflare today.

Sal, I'm more worried about your paranoia from our newbie scum game is going to make you paranoid. You take time to think past it, we should be good.

I'm the doctor, Mindgamer submitted a target on AUN for fuck knows why.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 636, notscience wrote:I'm 90% sure I'm voting vonflare today.

Sal, I'm more worried about your paranoia from our newbie scum game is going to make you paranoid. You take time to think past it, we should be good.

I'm the doctor, Mindgamer submitted a target on AUN for fuck knows why.
on N2*
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by notscience »

And Hua targetted Surye rofl
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:46 am

Post by vonflare »

so that confirms AUN as town (he could not POSSIBLY be scum, even if notsci were lying.)

Notsci is most likely town, but, as AUN pointed out, a no-submit by mindgamer is possible.

Salmon is looking like the scum at this point.

so here is as it stands for each player:

to AUN: salmon or me looks scum (but it isnt me)

to Me: salmon

to Salmon: if, for some freak accident, is town, I look scum.

to Not sci: if he isnt lying, me or salmon looks scum.

Now here is why you can trust me on me being town:
I came up with a system that convicts MYSELF AND SOMEONE ELSE. No scum would do that. I want the town narrowed down more. Scum would not CONFIRM 2 TOWNIES (well, 1 and a half).

I confirmed 1 and a half (not sci had unlikely chance of lying) townies, you just have to trust me here.

I am not saying "vote for salmon". no, we need information first on salmon, drawing connections to surye.
Also, just to cover all the bases, check hua/mindgamer/notsci's connections too.

I gotta do some rereading, but I have V/LA untill monday, so please wait for me.

UNVOTE
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:46 am

Post by vonflare »

Just realized, how is it that Mindgamer protected AUN if he
never posted anything

So all this clears is AUN. the mafia could still be notsci claiming doctor if they didn't submit a kill. maybe.

@MOD: is doc protection compulsory? would you randomize it in the case of a no-submit?

@notsci: who did you protect the night thor died?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

@MOD: is doc protection compulsory? would you randomize it in the case of a no-submit?
No, and no.
Also, to clarify, it takes two votes to no lynch.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:39 am

Post by vonflare »

@MOD: I thought it was 3 votes to lynch (half + 1)
Because what if 2 vote 1 person, and 2 vote another?
your last votecount says 3 votes to lynch.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:40 am

Post by vonflare »

oh, wait. I see.
disregard my last post.

2 votes to no-lynch means that a majority cannot be gained on a lynch.

sorry.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 am

Post by vonflare »

@players:salmon did get on the surye wagon pretty early...

but thing is, if notsci isn't lying, salmon must be scum!

So (trust me on this. please believe me. I am a townie. I want to find the last scum) either notsci or salmon are scum.

AUN can't, because the only way that is possible is that notsci is lying about who mindgamer protected (no motivation there.)

I am still trying to figure out if there was a no-submit nightkill on N2. was Surye VLA that night? because that would mean that notsci is scum.

if there was a submit on N2, and the doctor blocked it, then Salmon is scum.

so submit = salmon, no submit = notsci.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:56 am

Post by vonflare »

WAIT A MINUTE!

I SOLVED IT!!!!

Surye was lynched right before the no kill!!!!
and since mindgamer was away, there was
no submission!!!!!!

NOTSCI IS THE SCUM!!!!!!

he claimed doctor because
HE IS THE GOON!!!!!!

It all makes sense now!!!!!!!!

the night after surye was killed, mindgamer was the last scum left! he was away, so there was no submission on night 2! then he was replaced by notsci, who is the goon! because there WAS NO SUBMISSION N2, the setup is actually just 1 cop! notsci is the GOON!!!!!

BADABOOM!!!!!!!!!

VOTE: NOTSCIENCE!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:06 am

Post by vonflare »

Let me rephrase that:

The night 2 was no-kill because there was no submission.

There was no submission because surye was lynched and mindgamer was away (so he couldnt submit the kill)

so, mindgamer/notsci is the scum!

I guess thor was right about Hua!
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 am

@vonflare: I'm not actually 100% confirmed, since I could be scum who didn't submit and also happened to be protected by the doctor.

We still need a claim from Salmon, incidentally. vonflare is looking pretty insanely town.

For the most part vonflare's analysis looks accurate, though there are a few logical jumps. Yes, the no submission the night Mindgamer was gone is fairly condemning, but Salmon's not actually cleared by that. I think one reason we're sorta clearing him is that we think Thor inspected him night 2. While I think Salmon is the most likely possibility for the inspection, I'm not sure he's the only one.

I'm like 80+ % sure notscience is scum though. I'll vote with you in a bit, vonflare; sorry for the over-paranoia. My gut doesn't like Salmon's slot.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:49 am

Post by notscience »

In post 647, awesomeusername wrote:@vonflare: I'm not actually 100% confirmed, since I could be scum who didn't submit and also happened to be protected by the doctor.

We still need a claim from Salmon, incidentally. vonflare is looking pretty insanely town.

For the most part vonflare's analysis looks accurate, though there are a few logical jumps. Yes, the no submission the night Mindgamer was gone is fairly condemning, but Salmon's not actually cleared by that. I think one reason we're sorta clearing him is that we think Thor inspected him night 2. While I think Salmon is the most likely possibility for the inspection, I'm not sure he's the only one.

I'm like 80+ % sure notscience is scum though. I'll vote with you in a bit, vonflare; sorry for the over-paranoia. My gut doesn't like Salmon's slot.
Sal's town, and ns-scum doesn't fakeclaim. Ask Sal how that went for us in the newbie we were in together way back when.

Seriously.

I was shocked he had something submitted when I looked at my role-PM and saw he hadn't actually posted in thread.

Wouldn't ns-scum try and pass off thor investigating/clearing HIM rather than anything else?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:50 am

Post by notscience »

VOTE: Vonflare

btw

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”