NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:15 am

Post by Desperado »

Disclaimer: The jokes in this video have absolutely nothing to do with this game of mafia and are meant solely to amuse.

PS if you only watch one video the entire game, make sure it's this one--because holy shit does Jamie Foxx shit on this guy.

Vote Count 1.6Zekrom25 (5) - Marquis, Elyse, Porochaz, Untrod Tripod, Ythan
Untrod Tripod (3) - tman2nd, Green Crayons, Zekrom25
Formerfish (2) - Nikanor, Matias
tman2nd (1) - pirate mollie
pirate mollie (1) - sthar8
Green Crayons (1) - Gooner
Gooner (1) - PeregrineV
PeregrineV (1)- RadiantCowbells

Not Voting (6) - Formerfish, OhGodMyLife, evilpacman18, Malakittens, pisskop, DeathNote

tman2nd is V/LA until Saturday 2/8.

Please bold all V/LA announcements to ensure I see them

The deadline for Day 1 is Monday, February 17th, at 8:00 PM EST. With 21 people alive, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2014-02-17 20:00:00).
Last edited by Desperado on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
;)
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Gooner »

In post 456, Porochaz wrote:
Gooner is an arsenal fan so is always going to be inherently smug about everything until they lose against Liverpool and Man City overtake them. That said, despite our difference of opinion with game mechanics, I have a slight townread on him, and I can see him doing this but I would like a more firm stance on Zekrom.
Ugghhh that Liverpool game was brutal. For a few games now we've only turned up in the second half and it cost us today. Oh well we'll still win the League.

My stance on Zekrom being town is fairly firm, he looks like a scapegoat who is completely out of his depth. That said I really don't want him alive at the end game and if I didn't have a fairly strong scumread on our resident active lurker and a couple of others who are blending into the background I might even vote for him.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Elyse »

@mollie
The questions about your read change on me
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Gooner »

In post 465, Green Crayons wrote:
@Gooner:

In post 83, Gooner wrote:VOTE: Green Crayons

I felt his vote on UT was just as bad as Zekrom's but Zekrom's the one getting all the heat for it. Best I have at the moment.
I actually checked this out since I was rereading the thread. As of the time of your Post 83, Zekrom and I were both voting Tripod, but for clearly different reasons. What made my reason "just as bad" as Zekrom's? While we're at it, you can also explain why Zekrom's justification for his Tripod vote was bad, because I now think his reason for voting Tripod was valid.
I was referring to the inital post where you voted on UT which I believe someone declared was hyper-town. I didn't see the reasoning and voted. Since then I haven't seen any explanation of the vote.
(Hint: you should also explain why you decided not to pursue another player -- not Zekrom -- who voted for Tripod for the same reason I did.)
Tman? He actually explained his vote-namely that Tripod refused to answer a question. You didn't
In post 252, Gooner wrote:
In post 242, Kit wrote:Oh I got another town read. All votes on Zekrom are bad and you should feel bad.
Slightly creepily that line has become a bit of a catchphrase on the other site where I play Mafia.

But yes the sentiment is one I definitely agree with. It's why my vote is on GC at the moment.
While we're at it, perhaps you can explain why you think "all votes on <player> are bad and you should feel bad" is a sentiment you agree with, but apparently as applied to Tripod. What makes Tripod so incredibly town in your view?
Nope, I was referring to Zekrom and the votes on him which are bad. My vote on you is more for active lurking. Tripod's null for me, the votes on him are pretty bad but I haven't seen anything town indicative in his behaviour.

In other news GC's post on Death Note makes me happy.

VOTE: Fish
Has made some poor, active lurky posts and is sort of watching the game go by instead of actually getting involved in it.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 477, Elyse wrote:@mollie
I did explain that.
whew!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I had completely forgot that Fish and OGML are in this game. Can we get a good ol fashioned lurker wagon!?!? I'd totally be down for Fish if the Zekrom thing isn't gonna happen.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Desperado »

OhGodMyLife and evilpacman18 have been prodded
;)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 479, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 477, Elyse wrote:@mollie
I did explain that.
Where
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Mollie:

In post 468, pirate mollie wrote:crayon thing this post looks good on its own but body of work? she isn't measuring up. her vote is on me but she isn't doing anything to firm up the read or doing a lot to push her nonexistent case.
I think the same criticism can be lobbied against you in your pursuit of the Elyse vote, and with the same degree of validity. Y'all's unconvincing back-and-forth tunnel vision on each other is what strikes me as two towns going at it.

-----

@Gooner:

In post 478, Gooner wrote:I was referring to the inital post where you voted on UT which I believe someone declared was hyper-town. I didn't see the reasoning and voted. Since then I haven't seen any explanation of the vote.
The explanation should be pretty apparent from the posts quoted in my Post 71. In fact...

In post 478, Gooner wrote:
(Hint: you should also explain why you decided not to pursue another player -- not Zekrom -- who voted for Tripod for the same reason I did.)
Tman? He actually explained his vote-namely that Tripod refused to answer a question. You didn't
...No, not Tman. Tman voted Tripod in Post 53 for what appears to be essentially the same reason why Zekrom voted Tripod in Post 73.

I was referring to Marquis. (I didn't catch this until my reread.) Marquis actually stated the reasons for my own vote with her vote back in Post 49.

I'm not quite sure how my "unexplained" (scare quotes) Tripod vote could be "just as bad" (actual quotes, per your Post 83) as Zekrom's explained vote. That denotes some sort of equivalency between my vote and Zekrom's vote that I don't see. After all, I wasn't voting Tripod for the same reason as Zekrom, and you didn't even think I had a justification for my vote (unlike Zekrom). Please clarify your Post 83 comparison of me and Zekrom.

In post 242, Kit wrote:Oh I got another town read. All votes on Zekrom are bad and you should feel bad.
Slightly creepily that line has become a bit of a catchphrase on the other site where I play Mafia.

But yes the sentiment is one I definitely agree with. It's why my vote is on GC at the moment.
While we're at it, perhaps you can explain why you think "all votes on <player> are bad and you should feel bad" is a sentiment you agree with, but apparently as applied to Tripod. What makes Tripod so incredibly town in your view?
Nope, I was referring to Zekrom and the votes on him which are bad. My vote on you is more for active lurking. Tripod's null for me, the votes on him are pretty bad but I haven't seen anything town indicative in his behaviour.
This explanation is nonsense. You explicitly said the reason why you were voting me is because of the sentiment that "all votes on <player> are bad and you should feel bad." You now stating that Post 252 stated that you were voting me because of some other reason (active lurking) is just a blatant falsehood.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Gooner »

In post 483, Green Crayons wrote:
@Gooner:

In post 478, Gooner wrote:I was referring to the inital post where you voted on UT which I believe someone declared was hyper-town. I didn't see the reasoning and voted. Since then I haven't seen any explanation of the vote.
The explanation should be pretty apparent from the posts quoted in my Post 71. In fact...
Well it wasn't for me. I just saw a reasonless bandwagon jump.
...No, not Tman. Tman voted Tripod in Post 53 for what appears to be essentially the same reason why Zekrom voted Tripod in Post 73.

I was referring to Marquis. (I didn't catch this until my reread.) Marquis actually stated the reasons for my own vote with her vote back in Post 49.

I'm not quite sure how my "unexplained" (scare quotes) Tripod vote could be "just as bad" (actual quotes, per your Post 83) as Zekrom's explained vote. That denotes some sort of equivalency between my vote and Zekrom's vote that I don't see. After all, I wasn't voting Tripod for the same reason as Zekrom, and you didn't even think I had a justification for my vote (unlike Zekrom). Please clarify your Post 83 comparison of me and Zekrom.
Ahhh ok. Sorry, I didn't see that. Again I just saw a baseless bandwagon leap. Can you see where I'm coming from here.

As for the second part, my notes have Zekrom's vote down as unexplained too. I must have missed a post at some point/misread a post.

This explanation is nonsense. You explicitly said the reason why you were voting me is because of the sentiment that "all votes on <player> are bad and you should feel bad." You now stating that Post 252 stated that you were voting me because of some other reason (active lurking) is just a blatant falsehood.
[
I'll quote the posts which show I was voting for you for active lurking in a moment. I never said the reason I was voting for you was "all votes on player are bad and you should feel bad" because I was responding to the Zekrom wagon not the UT one, by that point in time Zekrom was clearly just a newb completely out of his depth rather than scum.
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Gooner »

In post 344, Gooner wrote:Peregrine, are you a Spurs fan?

Now GC. He's been active lurking up to this point. I mean read his ISO. It's all lovely blending into the background, not doing anything to push the town along type scum. The type of player you don't really tend to notice until the end of the game when he's revealed as scum. Fortunately, I have a lot of experience with this type of scum and have grown accustomed to spotting them from a mile away.
Here GC. I even mention active lurking.
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Gooner »

Yes I see, I messed up and thought your vote was on Zekrom at that point. Your last posts confused me and I only spotted this error on a re-read.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:29 am

Post by pirate mollie »

~ discussion about the use of the term "tunnel vision" ~

it should not be used at this point and time and it looks scummy when people are using it.

why? cos tunnel vision involves the exclusion of outside data like I dunno flips, investigative results, etc. to use at this point and time is a mischaracterisation of the word itself and seems like a convenient thing for scum to toss around to say some1 else is scummy?

^ lazy scumhunting at best if town, pretty obv as scum I just wish would town would not do it but they do

I prefer the term trolleytracking. it is a hockey term where you are so focused on the puck that you get blindsighted by the other team and lose teeth and get bloody cos you never saw them coming. this is d1 we are fishing out reads, I think elyse is scum and I got this read early and I am not going to change it unless she does something outstandingly townie which she isn't and elyse knows how to do that.

@ elyse

I had you as scum, I liked the deathy post but then nika said he didn't and it looked like early distancing to me went back to my scum read why the fuck are you not banging on about that shit

like srsly you are doing a thing and you are not scumhunting this is not the town elyse that I have come to know and love

back to:

VOTE: elyse
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:31 am

Post by pirate mollie »

*not doing a thing
whew!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 476, Gooner wrote:
In post 456, Porochaz wrote:
Gooner is an arsenal fan so is always going to be inherently smug about everything until they lose against Liverpool and Man City overtake them. That said, despite our difference of opinion with game mechanics, I have a slight townread on him, and I can see him doing this but I would like a more firm stance on Zekrom.
Ugghhh that Liverpool game was brutal. For a few games now we've only turned up in the second half and it cost us today. Oh well we'll still win the League.
Should have put a bet on :(
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Radiant cowbells says bla bla bla
Everyone else says tl;dr lol haha
:(
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

have you considered posting some fucking content?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 am

Well if I'm not posting content, you should probably lynch me for lurking.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 490, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Radiant cowbells says fuck all
Everyone else says "ignore" lol haha
FTFY.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 492, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well if I'm not posting content, you should probably lynch me for lurking.
You are a waste of space, but hell, we can use you as a footstool.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:57 am

You're abjectly missing the point.

If I'm getting away with "not posting content", why can't any scum in the game not post any content and get away with that too?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

that's good! you're showing initiative! now identify some of those scum!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:02 am

In post 490, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Radiant cowbells says bla bla bla
Everyone else says tl;dr lol haha
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm listening, RC! I want you to be town!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Porochaz »

I am getting a little tired of this.

Did you see the big fuck off massive post I just made, hmmm?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”