Mewbie 1472 ~ Game Ovah~

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

I hammered because nothing was happening and we were all fairly sure cheese was scum. I got both annoyed at cheese and annoyed at the lack of anything interesting. It sucks that cheese was town, but I honestly don't feel bad after how he played.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 393, Hopkirk wrote:
VOTE: Xlav
You said to not vote too early, to avoid a quick lock by mafia, yet someone else votes XLAV and you jump right on. Aren't you doing exactly what you said mafia would do?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

With Five Players alive.. It takes three to lynch

Voting:

XLAV - Hopkirk [1]
BipolarChemist -
Alexcellent -
Hopkirk -
Guyett - XLAV [1]

Not Voting:
Alexcellent, Guyett, BipolarChemist [3]

CountdownsDay 2 ends in: (expired on 2014-02-23 11:30:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 401, BipolarChemist wrote:
You said to not vote too early, to avoid a quick lock by mafia, yet someone else votes XLAV and you jump right on. Aren't you doing exactly what you said mafia would do?
When there's a vote on each person it's pretty much a choice between voting those two people. The only way i saw guy as scum would be with xlav while xlav could be scum with you thus scum xlav.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 399, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 384, Hopkirk wrote:@Bipolar: Oppertunist? The people in my probable scum are the ones i've had as null scum/scum (you/xlav) as opposed to town/null down (alex/guy). Look at my previous posts for why i want an xlav lynch (which is what i would prefer today just in case).
That's not an explanation of why you think XLAV is scum. Yesterday you based your scum read on XLAV as cheese and him being a scum team.

What reasoning do you have for XLAV being scum and for me being scum?
Nice misrep. I said yesterday at the start xlav and cheese were the two scummiest players therefore a scum team. I then later said that if cheese was scum i didn't think xlav would be scum.

For reasons use ctrl f xlav in my iso
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 403, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 401, BipolarChemist wrote:
When there's a vote on each person it's pretty much a choice between voting those two people. The only way i saw guy as scum would be with xlav while xlav could be scum with you thus scum xlav.
But at the time you voted XLAV, you were putting the second vote on XLAV. That seemed like a big move in the direction of a lynch. It even seemed like Guyett noticed this bu unvoting.

Yesterday you had associations of people. I want to hear more reasoning for an XLAV lynch than just "if cheese is scum, XLAV isn't", which I'm assuming that means the opposite as well (if cheese isn't scum, XLAV is).
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I actually think your second vote is scummy enough to lay a vote on you. Even with your reasoning that there is a vote on two people, mafia could jump on if you're wrong on reads.

Hypothetically: Let's say both you, Hopkirk and XLAV are town, then there are two mafia that can easily jump on XLAV and win the game. Basically the situation you laid out in your first post of today.

I don't like it.

VOTE: Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

“But at the time you voted XLAV, you were putting the second vote on XLAV. That seemed like a big move in the direction of a lynch. It even seemed like Guyett noticed this bu unvoting.”

Yeah, because I fully want an xlav lynch today.

“Yesterday you had associations of people. I want to hear more reasoning for an XLAV lynch than just "if cheese is scum, XLAV isn't", which I'm assuming that means the opposite as well (if cheese isn't scum, XLAV is).”

Seriously read what I said yesterday instead of pretending you remember. I said they most likely weren’t a team when cheese thought he hammer xlav- which didn’t seem like a move he’d make as town. If you look through my whole iso I’ve given specifics.

“Hypothetically: Let's say both you, Hopkirk and XLAV are town, then there are two mafia that can easily jump on XLAV and win the game. Basically the situation you laid out in your first post of today.”

The same thing can happen if both of xlav and guyett were town. It didn’t. Thus either guyett or xlav is scum. Xlav is much more likely to be scum than guyett. Thus I voted xlav.

Either xlav or guyett has to be scum (unless slow scum).

This defence reveals bipolar to be xlav’s partner.

We lynch xlav today and bipolar tommorow.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Bipolar: If you're not scum remove that vote as scum can quickly hammer me.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:36 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 408, Hopkirk wrote:@Bipolar: If you're not scum remove that vote as scum can quickly hammer me.
You're making my point for me!

If you are wrong about XLAV, then mafia can quick lynch him too. You are going against your own point at the beginning of the day and to me it looks like you are looking for both a quick lynch and a mafia win.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:45 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 407, Hopkirk wrote:

The same thing can happen if both of xlav and guyett were town. It didn’t. Thus either guyett or xlav is scum. Xlav is much more likely to be scum than guyett. Thus I voted xlav.

You're assuming I'm defending myself, which I'm not. I'm pointing out the flaw in your voting excuse.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 409, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 408, Hopkirk wrote:@Bipolar: If you're not scum remove that vote as scum can quickly hammer me.
You're making my point for me!

If you are wrong about XLAV, then mafia can quick lynch him too. You are going against your own point at the beginning of the day and to me it looks like you are looking for both a quick lynch and a mafia win.
The difference of course being that xlav is scum and i am town. Xlav WASN'T quicklynched when he had a vote on him so we know for sure he or guyett is scum. You vote when you're absolutly sure on scum not when you have a slight suspicion.
In post 410, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 407, Hopkirk wrote:

You're assuming I'm defending myself, which I'm not. I'm pointing out the flaw in your voting excuse.

I said you're defending xlav...

@Bipolar: So xlav or guyett- which of them is scum?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:51 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I'm not defending XLAV, I'm asking you to defend your thought on XLAV being scum.

At this point I am 50/50 on either being scum, but my top choice is you, Hopkirk.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

And yet your only criticism of me was that i voted someone i am positive is scum... to which you respond to by voting me.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:59 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Yes, because of your statement here:

"Voting quickly here isn't really recommended as scum can easily quick hammer (one town on town vote+two scum votes=scum win). Therefore voting straight away is not a good idea in lylo."

You voted XLAV very quickly when he already had a vote on him! Guyett then unvoted, which to me seemed like a townie unvoting because he's afraid of mafia quick lock.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Can mafia talk at any time or just at night?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:27 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

NVM, it says in opening post.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 411, Hopkirk wrote:Xlav WASN'T quicklynched when he had a vote on him so we know for sure he or guyett is scum
The only problem here is say if the two scum weren't both online when they could quick hammer.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Speaking of not being on, Alexcellent promised a full set of thoughts that I don't see.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

""Voting quickly here isn't really recommended as scum can easily quick hammer (one town on town vote+two scum votes=scum win). Therefore voting straight away is not a good idea in lylo.""
You completely missed the point bipolar. The reason you wait is so you're absolutely 100% sure that you're going to lynch scum as otherwise you lose. Since i was totally sure xlav was scum then i voted him.

"The only problem here is say if the two scum weren't both online when they could quick hammer."
They had ample oppertunity to hammer xlav and didn't thus xlav is mafia.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:41 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

"They had ample oppertunity to hammer xlav and didn't thus xlav is mafia."

This is a horrible reason. How did you know for 100% fact that XLAV was mafia at the time?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

That merely confirmed what i'd being saying for several days. If he was town then scum could have hammered him (unless they were ridiculously unlucky) which supports my assumption he's mafia. I said at the start of yesterday i thought xlav was mafia so why are you trying to present me like i've never said anything like that before?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Guyett »

Everyone has posted since XLAV was put at L-1 giving ample opportunity for scum to quick hammer. This implies either he is scum or the person voting him is scum

Myself and Bipolar cannot be a scum team as both of us have posted since XLAV and been online together since both XLAV and Hopkirk have been at L-1

@Bipolar who do you think hops buddy is? Do you think hop and xlav could both be scum accusing each other of being scum for town cred?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:55 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Hopkirk says that he thinks Alexcellent is town. He has also stated that he thinks either Guyett or XLAV is scum, but the both together is out there.

So if he thinks XLAV is mafia, then Guyett has to be town, and because he thinks Alex is town, my only option from that logic is that Hopkirk and XLAV are mafia buddies.

So according to Hopkirk, if XLAV is mafia, so is he.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Guyett »

hmm good point.
What if hopkirk is town and has a read on Alex wrong? could you see XLAV + Alex scum team?

Based on overall play I'm pretty sure Xlav is scum and hopkirks play before today has been very town but his play today has seemed a little off. I don't know if it is because he is actually scum or if he believes XLAV is scum so much that it has turned him into a tunnelling town mess

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”