Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 549, Tammy wrote:In other news, Zekrom, Yiley and Yunichikako could get in here and post any second now.
Are those the only 3 who haven't commented one way or the other (Plus Acidic_TACO replacement)?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

They haven't posted in almost two days. Yiley also keeps ignoring my question to him about who pod's scum buddies on his wagon are.

Oh are you asking about your stupid one v one idea? Yeah that. I'm not interested in that. I need them to post because they haven't posted.
JerryArr
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by JerryArr »

Yiley has been prodded. He may be replaced if he accumulates one more prod.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon replaces Acidic_TACO. The deadline is now 20 February, 2014, at 1 am EST.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

YAY FALCON HIHIHI!

(did you see me tell you to replace in? Please be town!)
JerryArr
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by JerryArr »

Open 543 Vote Count
VOTE COUNT 1.18

Zekrom25 (1): F-16_Fighting_Falcon
BoroPhil (2): goodmorning, YuniChikako
powerofdeath (2): Yiley, Zekrom25
Kublai Khan (4): BoroPhil, Powerofdeath, Tammy, iamausername
YuniChikako (1): emeraldemon
iamausername (1): Maxous
Tammy (1): Kublai Khan

Not voting: Belisarius

Day 1 deadline is 20 February, 2014 at 1AM EST, or in {(expired on 2014-02-20 01:00:00)}.

There are 13 living players, it takes 7 votes to lynch or no lynch.

NOTES:
Yiley has been prodded. He may be replaced if he accumulates one more prod.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon replaces Acidic_TACO. The deadline is now 20 February, 2014, at 1 am EST.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 553, Tammy wrote:YAY FALCON HIHIHI!

YES. That's what made me want to replace in. And I am town as fuck and easily readable. Hopefully, I fulfill the "competence" area as well.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:22 pm

I read the game but I'm going to re-read a few ISO's before I post my reads.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 555, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 553, Tammy wrote:YAY FALCON HIHIHI!

YES. That's what made me want to replace in. And I am town as fuck and easily readable. Hopefully, I fulfill the "competence" area as well.
:)

Please do be!

I'm getting ready to crash, but I'll be around tomorrow.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 555, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:And I am town as fuck and easily readable.
Oh boy, I'll totally let my guard down then.

Just post your gut reactions to Tammy and myself.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by Tammy »

LoL. You know KK if you were actually interested in sorting scum from town here, there should be a glaringly bright light destroying your resolve on your big RAWR RAWR Tammy's scum read. I think if you were town you'd recognize it. I think it'd give you pause. It's interesting that it's not.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:46 pm

TOWN

1) Tammy
– Tammy is my strongest townread and her posts upon replacing in felt spontaneous and townish. I also really like her humor, ease and self-confidence which are features of her towngame much more than her scumgame. The way she initially felt out Khan while hesitating to scumread him on the off-chance of working with him, and then built up the suspicion was also incredibly genuine. Most of all though, it was the way that she reacted to KK’s suspicion and then got really excited at the prospect of catching scum and excitedly saying she’ll post a case, that’s when she passed the point of being able to fake her performance as scum. I’ve played with Tammy in a fair number of games and I’m quite certain she can’t fake the total excitement and the sheer enthusiasm in her tone when scum especially in the way was written. I am more sure that Tammy is town here than I’ve ever been in any game I’ve played with her before.

2) Borophil
– I strongly dislike that Borophil got even a single vote on him let alone several because he was literally the most obvtown player in the game before Tammy’s replace-in. His responses to KK in , and felt so much like a townie who felt that scum are pushing on them for bad reasons. His was a pretty decent catchup attempt and following along, he made quite a lot of good points or at least those I can see very likely coming from town. I can follow his thought process in very well and the depth of his thinking behind simple statements like the one from Yiley were both persuasive as well as showed a genuine desire to solve the game. I very much like his analysis of the POD bandwagon in , and and his theories and thoughts about who the scum are and the re-adjustments of his reads felt very natural. But the biggest thing is that the mildly frustrated tone with which he goes about scumhunting feels incredibly raw and real and strikes me at a gut level and I just don’t think the way he did it is fake-able as scum.

3) Yiley
– Despite the low content, Yiley’s posts just feels town. I completely understand Borophil’s take on Yiley’s as strengthening Emerald’s position. However, what I really found town was the way he went against the grain when GoodMorning posted her concern in the previous post () which I think is less common coming from a newer player like Yiley. Regardless of Emerald, I found his “
I'm thinking about something need to do some research. If my hunch pays off I'll switch votes
” to be much more likely to come from town and I felt that he genuinely had some hunches that he wanted to verify to see where they lead. I do want this explained though as I’m not sure what the follow-up was. His vote on POD is understandable and I can follow his thought process there in , and . His questioning in genuinely felt like he was reading closely through Emerald’s posts and scumhunting him and I like the attention to detail. Overall, I feel fairly confident that Yiley is town.

4) Zekrom25
– I found RationalMadman’s posts to be mildly town. The initial careless way in which he went about announcing town and scum reads and his out-of-the-box theories didn’t feel contrived at all. However, it was MisakaMikoto who really saved that slot. The way he continually tries to get inside the head of other players feels extremely townish. Examples include his persistent questioning of Emerald in , , and and his insistence in getting his questions while still seeing the opposite side (“I do see your point”) and his conclusion in about Emerald felt like he was truly trying to understand mindsets as opposed to just push a case, or make the opposition look scummy. Zekrom’s posts are null and new-ish but I am pretty sure he is town based on his predecessor’s posts.

5) PowerOfDeath
– I dislike the quick wagon on POD and I feel that there are a lot of things that point to him being town. His short meta-case on ika in backed up by references feels like genuine scumhunting and I like that he focused on trying to read players that he is familiar with and using his past experience in order to scumhunt and develop reads. His draws unnecessary attention to himself if scum but I can see it from a new-ish town player that doesn’t have any reads yet. I felt that his sequence of , and felt mildly townish and the non-confirmity and rebellious nature of “
Lol people are stupid. People need to learn how to play. I am purposely not playing like other people. If you expect me to play like others, lynch me then
” feels like genuine frustration when combined with his next two posts. The jump to giving reads upon being wagoned is a very town thought process especially for a newer player and especially when combined with a “lynch me” statement which feels like he gave up on surviving but wants his reads heard.

6) Maxous
– I found JJCoolpants’s posts to be aggressive and confident considering his experience on the site. I like his push on Rational to explain his reads and the dismissal of Rational as anti-town and not scum in his . The confidence in his Anorway push in also feels very town and something that I find comes far less often from new scum players. His smooth flow of suspicion from Anorway to Borophil after Anorway makes a few analytical posts and pushes on a scumread also make a lot of sense and I think the dynamic change of reads in this case feels very town. As for Maxous, I find him mildly townish. I can see where he is coming from with a lot of his reads although I disagree with the Kublai Khan one. However, I can see why he would call it town v town and find LeMidget’s jump to be scummy. I also like his concern in about a possible TvT fight. While I don’t think Maxous did anything he would be incapable of faking, his posts are decent and his predecessor felt very natural and townish in his posting.

7) YuniChicako
– I found Yuni’s gambit in hilarious but what I felt was townish was her immediate reaction in where she lamented that not many people were there to react to it. I don’t think a BS list is impossible for scum to fake (although less likely) but the entire
timing
of it and the later reaction felt super town because she did it when she had no other reads and used this gambit as a way to kick-start her reads development and it served a very town purpose. This ties into Maxous’s point about Yuni not forcing reads and I felt that she took her time to develop them in whatever way she feels appropriate. I disagree with the BoroPhil vote since he didn’t do much other than say that he liked it and engaged her on her (fake) reads, but the way she came out with her suspicion has a “I caught scum!” feel to it that felt incredibly genuine.

UNSURE

I want to go over these with Tammy (and anyone else if they are willing) to refine my reads. I think I have the game nearly solved through KK, and iamausername scumreads and am pretty confident in my town reads.

10) Emeraldemon
– Emerald reads null-town to me and I haven’t really found much indicating either way. He does make a decent observation in . , and were pretty nice too. Looking through his scum game, his posts as scum are full of content and analysis and he is actually a very good scum player. He is one of the people I want to meta-dive extensively. Tammy, I get why you'd think he is town but I'd be much more comfortable if you still say he is town after going over one of his scumgames: Shadow's Newbie 1451.

8) Belisaurius
- I don't have much of a read either way. I didn't really get the theory behind the Tammy and GM dichotomy so I'll have to read that a lot more closely. Tammy, I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on Belisaurius meta and I'll probably spend some time going over it during later days.

9) GoodMorning
- I think GoodMorning's effort posts are decent but it is not something she can't fake when she is scum. I disagree with her early push on Boro and her interpretation of JJ and iamausername is is pretty much the opposite of how I am seeing this game. In her , she reads Boro and Zekrom as scum both of whom I am reading as town. I don't know if this is a case of simple disagreement on reads. GM's meta is in her wiki so that's probably where I am going to start. Tammy, what are your thoughts so far?

SCUM

11) iamausername
- I think imausername is probably scum. His opening case against POD in ignores a lot of the things that make POD really town including the ika meta-case. POD having nothing to say is null at worst, and probably town at best. Scum would be much more likely to give perfunctory reads or lurk in that situation rather than make a scene about how they have nothing to say. Saying that he is going to blend in really felt null and a quick glance at one of POD’s offsite town games show his activity being fairly low towards the beginning of the day anyways and it didn’t mean much to me affiliation-wise. Point 3 in the case is a rather uncharitable stretch. Why is it so unlikely that POD who played on a site with quick days and nights would comment on the really long days at ms.net? It seems like an innocuous comment on the length of the days and the way iamausername talks about this to mean “
hey guys i'm totally not eager to get to night so me and my scumbuddies can kill someone, honest
" is a massive, massive stretch which feels like he is trying to take advantage of POD’s incompetence. The rest of his ISO consists of trying to get people to vote POD and arguing with Kublai over why POD is a better choice than Borophil in which is also meh reasoning and another stretchy interpretation of POD’s naked reads list.

12) Kublai Khan
– Kublai Khan is my strongest scumread for several reasons. Firstly, I disliked his push on Borophil’s reads list being out of order as I don’t find the order of a reads list alignment indicative at all and it was a fairly irrelevant point. I wouldn’t have minded if he had just asked for clarification but his vote and subsequent push on Borophil in for “hostility” feels strongly like he is taking advantage of a frustrated town reaction. Being dismissive, mocking, and hostile is hardly any more likely to come from scum than frustrated town and I felt in this case that Borophil had a very good reason to be dismissive because he was being grilled on something so irrelevant. I also heavily disliked the semantic push based on Borophil saying “arbitrary and unlikable” and changing it to “incredibly rubbish” because I see it as a perfectly plausible townie thought process and it feels like Kublai is trying to nail down points against Borophil that seem scummy on the surface but really aren’t. Secondly, and more importantly, his reaction to Tammy made me
massively
confident that he was scum. I remembered reading an old game a while ago where Kublai was scum and tried to frustrate Tammy into having her cases discredited. These two posts give an amazing insight into Kublai’s posting as scum.
I want everyone to read those two posts
even if they don’t read the whole game especially Maxous and others and you’ll understand why KK’s play here is so scummy. The way he interrogated Tammy starting in and continuing on to the next several posts was incredibly scummy because it was a subtle attempt to get her frustrated. I also felt that the way he worded it “
Hey, more passive aggressive fighting/not fighting lynch stopping/not stopping
” in was designed to enrage more than engage possibly to repeat his previous performance. His entire line of questioning while passable on the surface, the tone of it just set my scumdar off really hard and made me massively certain that he is scum here. Very, very happy with lynching Kublai Khan today.

VOTE: Kublai Khan
Powerofdeath
Powerofdeath
Goon
Powerofdeath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by Powerofdeath »

What are exactly 'ISO'?
I am unfamiliar with this term.

Anyway, LOT has happened since I was gone. I saw that Tammy overturned the train to KK. <3

KK got what he deserved :P

Its like 2 in the morning, I am too exhausted to post, tbh the only reason why I'm posting is to avoid prod. However I'll say this.

I'll tell you one thing. Based on my experiences, Scumhunting as Town, and Scumhunting as Scum are two very different things.

As a town, you have to analyze all other players. You have to determine who is town and who is scum. You are truly scumhunting. You can typically tell if a player is being scummy, or just scum.

As a Scum, you already know who is scum, and you know who is town. You have to blend in and look town. You have to just point out flaws in your buddies, and take advantage of weaker town players. You best chance is to cause a mislynch on scummy town. As a town myself, I planted a huge target on myself for a purpose. It was more for like a trap to scum players. Scum see that I "slipped" or "playing scummy", they would try to take an advantage and discredit me on a lot of things. While true town have to analyze me and give a read on me. Town typically can read me better than scum can. I can see very clearly that few scums sprung this trap. *looking at KK*
Powerofdeath
Powerofdeath
Goon
Powerofdeath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by Powerofdeath »

In post 560, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
TOWN

1) Tammy
– Tammy is my strongest townread and her posts upon replacing in felt spontaneous and townish. I also really like her humor, ease and self-confidence which are features of her towngame much more than her scumgame. The way she initially felt out Khan while hesitating to scumread him on the off-chance of working with him, and then built up the suspicion was also incredibly genuine. Most of all though, it was the way that she reacted to KK’s suspicion and then got really excited at the prospect of catching scum and excitedly saying she’ll post a case, that’s when she passed the point of being able to fake her performance as scum. I’ve played with Tammy in a fair number of games and I’m quite certain she can’t fake the total excitement and the sheer enthusiasm in her tone when scum especially in the way was written. I am more sure that Tammy is town here than I’ve ever been in any game I’ve played with her before.

2) Borophil
– I strongly dislike that Borophil got even a single vote on him let alone several because he was literally the most obvtown player in the game before Tammy’s replace-in. His responses to KK in , and felt so much like a townie who felt that scum are pushing on them for bad reasons. His was a pretty decent catchup attempt and following along, he made quite a lot of good points or at least those I can see very likely coming from town. I can follow his thought process in very well and the depth of his thinking behind simple statements like the one from Yiley were both persuasive as well as showed a genuine desire to solve the game. I very much like his analysis of the POD bandwagon in , and and his theories and thoughts about who the scum are and the re-adjustments of his reads felt very natural. But the biggest thing is that the mildly frustrated tone with which he goes about scumhunting feels incredibly raw and real and strikes me at a gut level and I just don’t think the way he did it is fake-able as scum.

3) Yiley
– Despite the low content, Yiley’s posts just feels town. I completely understand Borophil’s take on Yiley’s as strengthening Emerald’s position. However, what I really found town was the way he went against the grain when GoodMorning posted her concern in the previous post () which I think is less common coming from a newer player like Yiley. Regardless of Emerald, I found his “
I'm thinking about something need to do some research. If my hunch pays off I'll switch votes
” to be much more likely to come from town and I felt that he genuinely had some hunches that he wanted to verify to see where they lead. I do want this explained though as I’m not sure what the follow-up was. His vote on POD is understandable and I can follow his thought process there in , and . His questioning in genuinely felt like he was reading closely through Emerald’s posts and scumhunting him and I like the attention to detail. Overall, I feel fairly confident that Yiley is town.

4) Zekrom25
– I found RationalMadman’s posts to be mildly town. The initial careless way in which he went about announcing town and scum reads and his out-of-the-box theories didn’t feel contrived at all. However, it was MisakaMikoto who really saved that slot. The way he continually tries to get inside the head of other players feels extremely townish. Examples include his persistent questioning of Emerald in , , and and his insistence in getting his questions while still seeing the opposite side (“I do see your point”) and his conclusion in about Emerald felt like he was truly trying to understand mindsets as opposed to just push a case, or make the opposition look scummy. Zekrom’s posts are null and new-ish but I am pretty sure he is town based on his predecessor’s posts.

5) PowerOfDeath
– I dislike the quick wagon on POD and I feel that there are a lot of things that point to him being town. His short meta-case on ika in backed up by references feels like genuine scumhunting and I like that he focused on trying to read players that he is familiar with and using his past experience in order to scumhunt and develop reads. His draws unnecessary attention to himself if scum but I can see it from a new-ish town player that doesn’t have any reads yet. I felt that his sequence of , and felt mildly townish and the non-confirmity and rebellious nature of “
Lol people are stupid. People need to learn how to play. I am purposely not playing like other people. If you expect me to play like others, lynch me then
” feels like genuine frustration when combined with his next two posts. The jump to giving reads upon being wagoned is a very town thought process especially for a newer player and especially when combined with a “lynch me” statement which feels like he gave up on surviving but wants his reads heard.

6) Maxous
– I found JJCoolpants’s posts to be aggressive and confident considering his experience on the site. I like his push on Rational to explain his reads and the dismissal of Rational as anti-town and not scum in his . The confidence in his Anorway push in also feels very town and something that I find comes far less often from new scum players. His smooth flow of suspicion from Anorway to Borophil after Anorway makes a few analytical posts and pushes on a scumread also make a lot of sense and I think the dynamic change of reads in this case feels very town. As for Maxous, I find him mildly townish. I can see where he is coming from with a lot of his reads although I disagree with the Kublai Khan one. However, I can see why he would call it town v town and find LeMidget’s jump to be scummy. I also like his concern in about a possible TvT fight. While I don’t think Maxous did anything he would be incapable of faking, his posts are decent and his predecessor felt very natural and townish in his posting.

7) YuniChicako
– I found Yuni’s gambit in hilarious but what I felt was townish was her immediate reaction in where she lamented that not many people were there to react to it. I don’t think a BS list is impossible for scum to fake (although less likely) but the entire
timing
of it and the later reaction felt super town because she did it when she had no other reads and used this gambit as a way to kick-start her reads development and it served a very town purpose. This ties into Maxous’s point about Yuni not forcing reads and I felt that she took her time to develop them in whatever way she feels appropriate. I disagree with the BoroPhil vote since he didn’t do much other than say that he liked it and engaged her on her (fake) reads, but the way she came out with her suspicion has a “I caught scum!” feel to it that felt incredibly genuine.

UNSURE

I want to go over these with Tammy (and anyone else if they are willing) to refine my reads. I think I have the game nearly solved through KK, and iamausername scumreads and am pretty confident in my town reads.

10) Emeraldemon
– Emerald reads null-town to me and I haven’t really found much indicating either way. He does make a decent observation in . , and were pretty nice too. Looking through his scum game, his posts as scum are full of content and analysis and he is actually a very good scum player. He is one of the people I want to meta-dive extensively. Tammy, I get why you'd think he is town but I'd be much more comfortable if you still say he is town after going over one of his scumgames: Shadow's Newbie 1451.

8) Belisaurius
- I don't have much of a read either way. I didn't really get the theory behind the Tammy and GM dichotomy so I'll have to read that a lot more closely. Tammy, I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on Belisaurius meta and I'll probably spend some time going over it during later days.

9) GoodMorning
- I think GoodMorning's effort posts are decent but it is not something she can't fake when she is scum. I disagree with her early push on Boro and her interpretation of JJ and iamausername is is pretty much the opposite of how I am seeing this game. In her , she reads Boro and Zekrom as scum both of whom I am reading as town. I don't know if this is a case of simple disagreement on reads. GM's meta is in her wiki so that's probably where I am going to start. Tammy, what are your thoughts so far?

SCUM

11) iamausername
- I think imausername is probably scum. His opening case against POD in ignores a lot of the things that make POD really town including the ika meta-case. POD having nothing to say is null at worst, and probably town at best. Scum would be much more likely to give perfunctory reads or lurk in that situation rather than make a scene about how they have nothing to say. Saying that he is going to blend in really felt null and a quick glance at one of POD’s offsite town games show his activity being fairly low towards the beginning of the day anyways and it didn’t mean much to me affiliation-wise. Point 3 in the case is a rather uncharitable stretch. Why is it so unlikely that POD who played on a site with quick days and nights would comment on the really long days at ms.net? It seems like an innocuous comment on the length of the days and the way iamausername talks about this to mean “
hey guys i'm totally not eager to get to night so me and my scumbuddies can kill someone, honest
" is a massive, massive stretch which feels like he is trying to take advantage of POD’s incompetence. The rest of his ISO consists of trying to get people to vote POD and arguing with Kublai over why POD is a better choice than Borophil in which is also meh reasoning and another stretchy interpretation of POD’s naked reads list.

12) Kublai Khan
– Kublai Khan is my strongest scumread for several reasons. Firstly, I disliked his push on Borophil’s reads list being out of order as I don’t find the order of a reads list alignment indicative at all and it was a fairly irrelevant point. I wouldn’t have minded if he had just asked for clarification but his vote and subsequent push on Borophil in for “hostility” feels strongly like he is taking advantage of a frustrated town reaction. Being dismissive, mocking, and hostile is hardly any more likely to come from scum than frustrated town and I felt in this case that Borophil had a very good reason to be dismissive because he was being grilled on something so irrelevant. I also heavily disliked the semantic push based on Borophil saying “arbitrary and unlikable” and changing it to “incredibly rubbish” because I see it as a perfectly plausible townie thought process and it feels like Kublai is trying to nail down points against Borophil that seem scummy on the surface but really aren’t. Secondly, and more importantly, his reaction to Tammy made me
massively
confident that he was scum. I remembered reading an old game a while ago where Kublai was scum and tried to frustrate Tammy into having her cases discredited. These two posts give an amazing insight into Kublai’s posting as scum.
even if they don’t read the whole game especially Maxous and others and you’ll understand why KK’s play here is so scummy. The way he interrogated Tammy starting in and continuing on to the next several posts was incredibly scummy because it was a subtle attempt to get her frustrated. I also felt that the way he worded it “
Hey, more passive aggressive fighting/not fighting lynch stopping/not stopping
” in was designed to enrage more than engage possibly to repeat his previous performance. His entire line of questioning while passable on the surface, the tone of it just set my scumdar off really hard and made me massively certain that he is scum here. Very, very happy with lynching Kublai Khan today.

I really like this post. I agree with a lot of points you made here. Thats a big town credit for you.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Yiley »

I agree with that post for the most part although I have emerald town.
Permanent scum read
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 560, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4221361]These[/url] two posts give an amazing insight into Kublai’s posting as scum.
even if they don’t read the whole game especially Maxous and others and you’ll understand why KK’s play here is so scummy.
I don't believe that was his intention though, I don't see a distortion, I see a misunderstanding(which I tried to point out) and I understand his view-points with Boro-Phil (even after second look, tbh KK prolly did over-react though)
Maybe I'm being a bit stubborn - given that the people who are aware of his meta all seem to be calling him scum - but nope, while his play might be a bit weak(given his pushes), don't see it as scummy.
:shrug:
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:48 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 560, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I didn't really get the theory behind the Tammy and GM dichotomy so I'll have to read that a lot more closely.
It's quite simple: there are two things I see scum doing all of the time--1) going after lynches low-hanging fruit (after all, they can just NK anyone who's harder to get lynched), and 2) forgetting to interact with each other.

In the case of 2), I actually have a scumgame[1] where I NK'd a player who was townreading me hard because I thought she would notice my noninteraction with my scumbuddy. We won a perfect scum victory.

Both scum behaviours are hard to avoid. In the case of 1), trying to lynch stronger players can be dangerous since most people tend to have an easier time accurately reading someone they're directly interacting with. In the case of 2) Who the hell is that vigilant?

That hypothesis has kind of fallen apart lately given that anorway's BoroPhil vote was RVS and not an intent to lynch (I ISO'd the mod to look for people going after low-hanging fruit) combined with the insane amount of townposting Tammy's been doing.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:44 am

Post by goodmorning »

Don't have a lot of time right now, but some quick stuff:

Boro<Khan<Tammy in terms of townishness.

F-16's post is mostly good, other than the parts on Zekrom, Maxous, Boro, and Iama.

Beli is still going on about low-hanging fruit as though they can't ever ever be scum, and voting someone who might also be lynchbait makes you scum always.

Pod's is adorable, and "ISO" is shorthand for "isolation," meaning reading someone's posts by themselves. There's a button for it by the number on each and every post.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 566, goodmorning wrote:Beli is still going on about low-hanging fruit as though they can't ever ever be scum, and voting someone who might also be lynchbait makes you scum always.
Are you actually reading my posts? I'm fully acknowledging observations that go contrary to the low-hanging fruit+noninteraction hypothesis.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, deadline is back on so that will have to do.

I am the Innocent Child. The mod will confirm it in their next post.

That means Day 1 lynch is done and we can quickly analyze the results. I played the best gradually unsubtle scummy Day 1 game I could.

I'm a little busy this AM, so my analysis will be posted in the PM.

Unvote

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:19 am

UNVOTE:
It wasn't a bad gambit although that would require me to re-evaluate a few reads.

@ Yiley, can you answer my question about what was about.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 569, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:UNVOTE:
It wasn't a bad gambit although that would require me to re-evaluate a few reads.

@ Yiley, can you answer my question about what was about.
why would you gambit on day one ?
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Yiley »

I wanted to see if I could find some good pod meta on his other site but I found much to trolling to actually get any thing out of it.
Permanent scum read
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Tammy »

Bah

UNVOTE:

At work more later.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 543, iamausername wrote:ok, i was gonna table my scumread on KK until tomorrow in order to get rid of scummy dead weight today, but sure, let's do this.

UNVOTE: powerofdeath
*cough*
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
JerryArr
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
JerryArr
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 am

Post by JerryArr »

Kublai Khan,
Town Innocent Child
, has used their ability. I will now mod-confirm Kublai Khan as town-aligned.

Return to “Completed Open Games”