NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7900 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Empire »

Day 7, Votecount 6
Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
Prophylaxis

Norlkaz (1)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
Norlkaz

Sakura Hana (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

Not Voting (5)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ms Marangal, pieguyn, goodmorning, Sakura Hana

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline is on March 8th at 3:25 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-03-08 16:22:01).

Mod Notes
-
Nero Cain head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until next week. Ms Marangal is V/LA for one week.

Prodding Ser Arthur Dayne.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7901 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 7891, Prophylaxis wrote:Because I'm seeing "hey hey I think X is town" but.. his vote isn't on anyone, and glancing at his last few posts I see no concrete scumreads, or even "since I think everyone is town I'll vote SAD".
If you glance at my last few posts, you'll see no concrete scumreads. If you glance at my last few days of play, you'll notice a very concrete scumread that's been sitting on SAD for a while, but, since today is Llamarble's glory day, I'm waiting for him to do his thing and dazzle everyone and take all of the glory. I'm also reanalyzing reads elsewhere, since I've been sitting on a stale pile of townreads for a few days now and I can't afford to be wrong more than once around this point in time.
In post 7891, Prophylaxis wrote:had good (read: not scum on scum) interactions with zMuffinMan on Day 5?
When did this happen? I remember a push out of the blue when he was dead in the water, but I don't remember much beyond that.
In post 7893, pieguyn wrote:1. what do you think about Norl's point about your post where you backed off her?
The post he quoted was the case that I made when I was already backing off, so naturally it wasn't as strong and unapologetic as those posts before when I was pushing the hell out of her. There were other targets I could have pushed at that point in time (plenty), so it's not like that was a push that I had to make in order to play to my wincon.
In post 7893, pieguyn wrote:2. really? bc I saw a bunch of markers of town-her from back on D1 although mb I'm biased bc I attribute a lot of things to this being a large game (at the same time I can't read her for shit so I might be terribly in the wrong about this). it definitely felt like she was trying to sort you two and her excuse for not sheeping you came across town to me and not like smth she'd think of as scum. I'd also think you'd realize she wouldn't put as much effort in the game given her RL
I can see a certain degree of detachment because of RL, but Sakura has never been the type to completely disengage because Large Game (ever, really). It didn't feel like she was trying to sort us on our end, and we never found any significant town markers (especially since Sakura normally hits her town markers hard early on) and we found tons of scum blips.
In post 7895, pieguyn wrote:also can someone who can read Bert tell me if he could possibly have been scum here?
I still doubt it. I will probably read through his ISO later, but I remember having very strong clarity moments of Bert-town from exchanges with him.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7902 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:27 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Ugh I forgot about this game

UNVOTE:
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7903 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Prod received.

Someone asked me my read on Proph. Yes? I'm not imagining that?

If not I still think they're highly likely town.

Pie is also very very likely town.

I'm starting to think Norklaz might be town just because of his activity boost :| Like does anyone with meta on llama knows if he'd go into super-tryhard-mode more as scum or town?

Why is sakura all of a sudden acting like she stopped reading this game and giving the impression that she has lost her mind? Because that feels super weird :|

317 pgs in and I have no read on KBBQ fyi.

And we're left with my strongest scumread right now:

Vote: Casso

^ Good voting
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7904 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Vote: SAD

^ Even Better Voting
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7905 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I am happy!
Bert's ISO contains a lot of him mumbling in the corner and a few sketchy interactions with SSK (one in which he basically tells him stfu with a level of disrespect I think usually wielded against teammates who understand it's not meant to be mean).
On the other hand the 2 scum games I checked out he didn't put in nearly so much work. I'll have to go see others.
I need to get through Proph and revisit SAD today first though.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7906 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

Bert also went into a bit more depth in a towngame I browsed. He isn't :too: surface-levely here though. Basically I need to go through less of his stuff slower and with more focus when I revisit.
Proph's initial replace in post is quite good. Looks at a bunch of things and gives a "here's where I've gotten to" which indicates an "I am still working through this" sense.
"Casso and geists have been proven innocent via gunsmith, IIRC?" - I'll have to check context on this but it may make Casso-Proph very unlikely, which is nice since that would improve SAD's scumodds.
Ok, Proph's play has been excellent if he's scum. The train of gamesolving is good, the vote on muffin is good; I don't really see much in the way of "maybe he is trying to make something bad happen" posts.

I don't really expect Proph to be scum, so if I didn't make any mistakes then Pie / Sakura / MC / GM / me / Proph are town against 2 of SAD / Casso / KBBQ.
I think the most likely false-member of my town pile is currently Pieguy, so I will recheck that slot harder and with more scummeta-checks.
Here's hoping SAD continues to look like scum on reread...
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7907 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I'm not as confident of Proph-town as the above post would suggest; he's not in the willing to lose if scum tier. I don't expect I'll want to lynch him today though. Definitely staying in SAD Casso or BBQ today.

I'm glad you unvoted me SAD but you're still checking in as scum :(
Your defense against your wagon on D2 was along 'rage against the illogic' rather than 'rage against the injustice' lines.
The "don't lynch SSK information" bit was very viable as a defense of a buddy. I wouldn't call that a reason I'm scumreading you, but it's not giving me reservations either.
I don't see the same amount of evidence of trying to solve a puzzle that I do on Proph / Pie. There are points and pushes and votes, but I don't feel much in the way of "okay here's what I think is going on" or attempts to progress toward fuller understanding.
You have a lot of 'somebody tell me whether X does Y as town,' which I've decided isn't particularly telling of itself but seems to be a substitute for "I dug into the following game event and came up with thus and so Idea" a little too often.
It does feel like you're putting things together at the beginning of D3, but I do find scum tend to post with a lot of strength shortly after day-start.
I don't see enough of how you got to muffin-scum to see that not as a bus, particularly given very moderate pushing level. I may still recheck that.

If scum decide to leave the mason-pair until lylo, that can be dealt with then, and they can re-prove their daytalk a few different ways.

I will probably go through more things, but after round 2 on SAD I don't think I'll get more confident on anyone else.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7908 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I can't decide whether Casso or SAD is Scum.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7909 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by Empire »

Prodding pieguyn.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7910 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

This game sure is moving fast...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7911 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 7907, Norlkaz wrote:I don't see enough of how you got to muffin-scum to see that not as a bus
Umm I already explained that? + At that time my gut was screaming he was scum and he was by far the best lynch imo.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7912 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 7848, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Yeah

Vote: Norlkaz

His super-try-mode also seems to indicate he's the last scum, so *shrug*
In post 7903, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I'm starting to think Norklaz might be town just because of his activity boost
prod dodge
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7913 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Unvote

Ok...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7914 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 am

Post by Empire »

Prodding Prophylaxis.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7915 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 7911, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 7907, Norlkaz wrote:I don't see enough of how you got to muffin-scum to see that not as a bus
Umm I already explained that? + At that time my gut was screaming he was scum and he was by far the best lynch imo.
That is possible but I do not find it convincing.
In post 7913, Sakura Hana wrote:
Unvote

Ok...
Did you just try to sheep nacho on a vote he didn't even make?
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7916 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Also Casso I don't think interpreting the same information in different ways over time is a scumtell.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7917 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 am

Post by pieguyn »

aaaaaaaaaaagh I meant to get to this yesterday. post tonight
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7918 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Empire »

Prodding KoreanBBQ.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7919 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Here is SAD's progression on Muffin during the period which eventually led to Muffin's lynch.
In post 7201, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Welp, the Generic-Muffin interactions are practically non-existent, Generic basically ignores mufifn the whole game, asks Bert about his read on muffin once, and puts him in his lower tier of suspicions :|
In post 7204, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote: Pie
Proph, muffin
Geists, Norlkaz, Casso
F-16, KBBQ, Sakura
FM, Mara
In post 7324, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 7323, zMuffinMan wrote:i am typing this very slowly with my left hand while my right hand
That sentence ended very differently than the direction I thought it was going in...

Anyway we should probably get the geists/gm/mara thing over before day's end.
The next three posts came in pretty quick succession after Proph voted for Muffin. I find them viable from both alignments.
In post 7328, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I can probably dig a muffin wagon.
In post 7329, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 7327, zMuffinMan wrote:if you're actually pushing this as a reason to think i'm scum, then fucking lol
See like this feels fake and ooc.
In post 7330, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Compare:
In post 4341, zMuffinMan wrote:
sad wrote:Muffin can start raking up some scumpoints for his recent posts.
cool. why?

also why geists scum and why casso town?
In post 4371, zMuffinMan wrote:
sad wrote:Also do you usually take suspicion on you this lightly/calmly, or are you trying to materialize this air of coolness around you by brushing off suspicion on you in an attempt to look town?
i'm a really cool guy. and your read progression on me makes me smile a bit
with
In post 7327, zMuffinMan wrote:if you're actually pushing this as a reason to think i'm scum, then fucking lol
In post 7336, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 7332, zMuffinMan wrote:
sad wrote:See like this feels fake and ooc
did you actually read proph's post?
All of it?

Seriously? You should know me by now :x
In post 7332, zMuffinMan wrote:coz he's literally suggesting people are town/scum based purely on the number of interactions. like, read it.
Well I read the part about you and your response look like "I will belittle your accusation quickly and assertively" more than "lolol thats a terrible accusation".

Idk something about the wording of it, and the fact that a defensive statement (your first line) was your first reaction rather than "SERIOUSLY? LOL", and the latter looks like it was inserted to belittle, rather than be your primary reaction.

Uhh, imo?
In post 7430, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Pieguy

Good wagon is good.
In post 7466, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:FUCK

THIS

SHIT

Vote: Muffin

Here lets lynch actual scum.
A notable point on this post is that it comes right after SAD posted a couple responses to Pie attacking him.
The suddenness of it is a point in SAD's favor. The post is definitely believable from town, and a quality fake (but not impossible) from scum.
This is the kind of thing I'd like an opinion on from folks who've played with SAD.
In post 7494, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:New crackpot,

F-16/Muffin.

You saw it here first.
In post 7515, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Okay some last thoughts in case I get lynched today (I'm gonna be out for the rest of the day) (I can't do tiers right now because they're gonna look weird and I don't know where to place half the people):

muffin - Okay, here's the thing with muffin. I feel like his play this whole game has been an attempt to look like that guy that everyone likes. He doesn't really push anyone strongly, picks on hanging fruit, and tends to buddy up to people. This is evident by the fact that ones I started suspecting him recently, his attitude towards me changed. I just feel like his play this who game has been a fake ruse he's put up just to not attract attention. I also don't like his response to proph scumreading him. As I already said it just reads very very fake.

Gl town if I'm lynched! Er.. if not I guess I'll see you day 6?

(Yes I'm keeping my vote on muffin. By far my strongest scumread at the moment, and has the highest chance of flipping scum imo. There's a slight chance I will be able to check the thread again at some point, so I might be able to change my vote somewhere else (yes A.K.A preventing myself from getting lynched)).
Honestly, this collection of posts is definitely possible from town. I'm going to call the SAD side of SAD-Muffin a point in SAD's favor but there were a lot of other things too...
I feel like I'd be better at detection of bussing if it were an action I ever performed myself.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7920 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by goodmorning »

None of these wagons are appealing.

Vote: Casso
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7921 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

@Sakura

Is there any reason why you haven't claimed yet? If you have, then please point where.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7922 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 7921, Prophylaxis wrote:
@Sakura

Is there any reason why you haven't claimed yet? If you have, then please point where.
No reason other than to make scum paranoid.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7923 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:48 pm