Micro 309: Triplicate Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Formerfish »

Re-reading to get more specifics since most of this thread popped up while I was at work and its harder for me to follow congruently. I don't like the idea of only hunting in our group for a few reasons. 1. Only two groups have scum in them, so one group is all town fighting it out. I think we could easily be misled by this. 2. How are we supposed to ignore blatantly scummy actions or statements? Are we hoping that the people in that scumbags group also sees what we see? If I see something questionable I'm calling it out. I feel like I had another reason in my half sleeping state but can't recall it. (I did think of something else though, scum wants to limit town in anyway possible, limiting the amount of people involved in a lynch is one of the best ways to influence people.)

From my skim I'm not a huge fan of RedC for his position on how the game should be played, my fishy counterpart is questionable, and whoever said Blackfish was town for continuing to push a bullshit tell. That's who I'd be looking at as scum.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:34 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 75, Formerfish wrote: From my skim I'm not a huge fan of RedC for his position on how the game should be played, my fishy counterpart is questionable, and whoever said Blackfish was town for continuing to push a bullshit tell. That's who I'd be looking at as scum.

Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I'm leaning overzealous town, but he is quickly picking some fights early in the game, which could lead to a decent sized distraction.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Blackfish »

In post 72, goodmorning wrote:
In post 67, Blackfish wrote:I like BRO's posts. All of them. So, that's my first solid townread that I have a lot of confidence behind.
What do you like about them? Because I obviously disagree.
First, I found your post odd but wasn't sure if it was just your playstyle or alignment indicative. In particular, you saying "interesting" to BC's townread on me and the "not attaching value judgment" phrase. I like that BRO picked up on it and the way he responded felt genuine. Second, I like his point about associative tells and his confidence in his scumhunting abilities. Tonally, he comes across as somewhat frustrated that most people aren't good scumhunters. It feels very natural and not like fake bravado. Third, him pointing out that RedCoyote was worried about a rather strange thing which mirrored what I thought too. Overall, his posts feel natural and I like his tone and content.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Blackfish »

In post 75, Formerfish wrote:whoever said Blackfish was town for continuing to push a bullshit tell. That's who I'd be looking at as scum.
Why is this scummy?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by LeMidget »

Blackfish, do you think our group has a scum on it?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Blackfish »

I am not sure yet. Do you?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by LeMidget »

I haven't really looked into page 3 and the latter half of 2 yet so I don't know much about Who but I have a 65.89% townread on you, 18.67% scumread on you, and the other 15.44% in constantly in flux.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by LeMidget »

In post 62, Who wrote:
In post 61, Blackfish wrote:
In post 57, Who wrote:Well personally I'm more confident on my read of people within group coconut than any other group
Why?
No reason, I just do at the moment.
Ewww. I don't like this. Who's scumread percentage increased by 7.89%.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 77, Blackfish wrote:First, I found your post 42 odd but wasn't sure if it was just your playstyle or alignment indicative. In particular, you saying "interesting" to BC's townread on me and the "not attaching value judgment" phrase. I like that BRO picked up on it and the way he responded felt genuine. Second, I like his point about associative tells and his confidence in his scumhunting abilities. Tonally, he comes across as somewhat frustrated that most people aren't good scumhunters. It feels very natural and not like fake bravado. Third, him pointing out that RedCoyote was worried about a rather strange thing which mirrored what I thought too. Overall, his posts feel natural and I like his tone and content.
I like you.

Are you an alt?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 81, LeMidget wrote:I haven't really looked into page 3 and the latter half of 2 yet so I don't know much about Who but I have a 65.89% townread on you, 18.67% scumread on you, and the other 15.44% in constantly in flux.
Uh...

You haven't looked at nearly 1/2 of a 4 page game with limited content?

Also, can I get a list of your completed games?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 73, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 71, goodmorning wrote:New thought about the voting: If every group lynches Town, that would be a loss. If all groups have a Town vote on Town at the same time, Scum could quickhammer for a win.
This isn't fully true, as one group has no scum, and if all town are lynched, it would be 3 town vs 2 mafia the next day, but the mafia would have made it pretty obvious who they are.
...what?

If that's the case then there's even more reason not to only scumhunt within our own groups.
In post 77, Blackfish wrote:
In post 72, goodmorning wrote:
In post 67, Blackfish wrote:I like BRO's posts. All of them. So, that's my first solid townread that I have a lot of confidence behind.
What do you like about them? Because I obviously disagree.

First, I found your post odd but wasn't sure if it was just your playstyle or alignment indicative. In particular, you saying "interesting" to BC's townread on me and the "not attaching value judgment" phrase. I like that BRO picked up on it and the way he responded felt genuine. Second, I like his point about associative tells and his confidence in his scumhunting abilities. Tonally, he comes across as somewhat frustrated that most people aren't good scumhunters. It feels very natural and not like fake bravado. Third, him pointing out that RedCoyote was worried about a rather strange thing which mirrored what I thought too. Overall, his posts feel natural and I like his tone and content.
OK.
To his first post:
BRO has played with me before. He knows, or I would expect him to know, 2 things: that I am a player who is generally "nice," and that I am a player who learns from the mistakes of others. BC already called someone grumpy for questioning him, and I realize that in text-based games there is sometimes a tonal difficulty.
All of which makes 42 no likelier to have come from Scum-me than Town-me.
To the second:
So would I like his point about associative tells if I hadn't already made it.
Tonally, he comes across as a dick. I've personally seen him act more like a dick as Scum than as Town. Is it 100% indicative? No, but it does put me on guard a bit.
To the third:
So would I like what he said about what RC said if BC hadn't said it first.

Like, that little original content, that's what I really don't like about his posts. Yes, I also don't like that he took a non-indicative post of mine and claimed it was scummy without saying why. No, that's not the bulk of what I don't like.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

gm, our completed games together are LotR and your Large Normal, right?

Which would mean that I don't have much scope on what sorts of behavior are alignment indicative for you, since I, y'know, have barely seen your game.

You're right that me being a dick isn't alignment indicative; I'm just usually a dick ^_^
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by LeMidget »

In post 84, BROseidon wrote:
In post 81, LeMidget wrote:I haven't really looked into page 3 and the latter half of 2 yet so I don't know much about Who but I have a 65.89% townread on you, 18.67% scumread on you, and the other 15.44% in constantly in flux.
Uh...

You haven't looked at nearly 1/2 of a 4 page game with limited content?

Also, can I get a list of your completed games?
I glanced at it. Hadn't really looked at it all that much. Either way, not very good at scumhunting so.

I've completed one game, but I'm on mobile so linking is hard. It was the "Dry, Bland, and Tasteless" Mini Normal. By caledfwitch or someone along those lines.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by LeMidget »

In which I played a piss-poor scum game and made bjc's sig.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

BRO 66 wrote:This is a strange thing to be worried about.

I'm too tired/too writing a paper to discern town/scum/stupid motivation behind this. Backend will probably take care of that for me once I'm less busy.
Well, look it. I can point to a game I've been involved in where townies dropped the ball on obvious rules like the one we have in this game: Polite Mafia, three people modkilled for not following the rules. Oh, by the way, unlike this game where we're given only one mistake before a modkill... in Polite Mafia we were given four mistakes before a modkill. So, yeah, I'll error on the side of player incompetence.

---
Tier 68 wrote:RC, who do you think the scum is within our group atm and why?
By default I am leaning toward goodmorning for being a little too wordy and having too much of a forced presence.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by zoraster »

Avocado
goodmorning ( 0 )

RedCoyote ( 0 )

TierShift ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
goodmorning RedCoyote TierShift

Blueberry
BipolarChemist ( 0 )

BROseidon ( 0 )

Formerfish ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
BipolarChemist BROseidon Formerfish

Coconut
Blackfish ( 1 )
Who

LeMidget ( 0 )

Who ( 1 )
LeMidget

Not Voting ( 1 )
Blackfish

DeadlineDeadline is March 15 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-03-15 20:00:00)
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 83, BROseidon wrote:Are you an alt?
Yeah.
Why? And I'd like your thoughts on any other reads you have as well.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Blackfish »

RedCoyote, can you explain what you mean by "forced presence?"
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 85, goodmorning wrote: ...what?

If that's the case then there's even more reason not to only scumhunt within our own groups.
Either I'm too drunk to remember but I do believe that's what I have been saying :P
This is quite possibly the most interesting reads I've seen! Are these numbers based on anything? I'm legit curious to know!
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by LeMidget »

@Bipolar Chemist, sadly, no. BUUUUUUT... I feel like they give a better idea of my reads than saying "He looks slightly scummy but not really" and that sort of thing.

@Blackfish I will try my best to give some reads in my next post, I'm a little busy right now with life.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by LeMidget »

I can't really link posts since I'm on mobile but if Blackfish is scum BROseidon is
at least
2.63 times as likely to be scum, due to fact that they have the first solid (like, solid solid) townreads and they're on each other, or at least it looks that way. Could be wrong.

BRO is probstown though, like 73.81%, I think. 23.44% scum, 2.75% flux. If my math is wrong, Add/subtract from flux.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I'm leaning overzealous town, but he is quickly picking some fights early in the game, which could lead to a decent sized distraction.
I don't like this post.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 96, Blackfish wrote:
In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I don't like this post.
Wanna like add to this or ya just gonna leave it there?

Alright cool...
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by LeMidget »

Why not? He brings up an honest point. Why did you focus on the Private Thread thing for so long, anyway? What made you think it wasn't just nothing?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 89, RedCoyote wrote:Well, look it. I can point to a game I've been involved in where townies dropped the ball on obvious rules like the one we have in this game: Polite Mafia, three people modkilled for not following the rules. Oh, by the way, unlike this game where we're given only one mistake before a modkill... in Polite Mafia we were given four mistakes before a modkill. So, yeah, I'll error on the side of player incompetence.
Okay, that contextualizes it a fair bit. I think that people being more wary about votes b/c of the way the voting mechanics are central to how day 1 plays out makes it harder to botch here than messing up capitalization in that game was.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”