NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7950 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 7, Votecount 8
Ser Arthur Dayne (3)
-
Norlkaz, pieguyn, Casso the King of Seals

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, goodmorning, KoreanBBQ

Norlkaz (1)
-
Sakura Hana

Not Voting (2)
-
Ms Marangal, Prophylaxis

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline is on March 8th at 3:25 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-03-08 16:22:01).

Mod Notes
-
Nero Cain head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until next week. Ms Marangal is V/LA for one week.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7951 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

oh i miscounted, both are on L-2
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Prod dodge.

Still here, still town.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7953 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:22 am

In post 7944, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 7916, Norlkaz wrote:Also Casso I don't think interpreting the same information in different ways over time is a scumtell.
I don't think this tends to happen when people approach the same information at the same angle, and I don't think that SAD has shown any signs of approaching things from a different angle: revelations went from "lol, scum trying to post a lot because he's the last scum" to "lots of posting means really town" without a whole lot of in between.
See it's posts like these that tell me you're either terrible at mafia (since you've played for a long time I will assume it's not that) or you're scum.

What scum motivation is there for changing a scumread to a townread when there are so few left. PLUS the fact that as scum I literally keep my reads static whereas if you meta me you'll see that my town games are filled with read changes like that because I usually have an initial gut reaction to something and then I step back and better evaluate the situation, which very often leads to a mood change.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7954 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:23 am

In post 7944, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't think this tends to happen when people approach the same information at the same angle
Also this might be the dumbest statement ever written and if you genuinely believe this then I feel sorry for you.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7955 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:26 am

In post 7944, Casso the King of Seals wrote:revelations went from "lol, scum trying to post a lot because he's the last scum" to "lots of posting means really town" without a whole lot of in between.
Yeah... it's almost like I tend to do that at least 50 thousand times in any town game I've been! Oh wait...
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7956 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 7953, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:What scum motivation is there for changing a scumread to a townread when there are so few left.
It couldn't be because lynching Norlkaz was more trouble than you thought it would be, could it?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7957 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:40 am

In post 7953, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:PLUS the fact that as scum I literally keep my reads static whereas if you meta me you'll see that my town games are filled with read changes like that because I usually have an initial gut reaction to something and then I step back and better evaluate the situation, which very often leads to a mood change.
I have no doubt your reads are, on the whole, more static as scum than they are as town.
I have a little doubt that your sudden change onto Norlkaz wasn't inspired by a small bit of lynch energy on him at the beginning of the day, and your settling back to the read on me happened when that lynch energy dissipated.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7958 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:43 am

That's actually a dream situation for me as scum.

Because then I literally just get to sit back and make noise about how someone is scum when they're not going to get lynched anyway.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7959 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 am

In post 7957, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 7953, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:PLUS the fact that as scum I literally keep my reads static whereas if you meta me you'll see that my town games are filled with read changes like that because I usually have an initial gut reaction to something and then I step back and better evaluate the situation, which very often leads to a mood change.
I have no doubt your reads are, on the whole, more static as scum than they are as town.
I have a little doubt that your sudden change onto Norlkaz wasn't inspired by a small bit of lynch energy on him at the beginning of the day, and your settling back to the read on me happened when that lynch energy dissipated.
Yeah, it's not like I'm the first one who expressed that "small bit of lynch energy" or anything...
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7960 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:51 am

In post 7958, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:...

That's actually a dream situation for me as scum.

Because then I literally just get to sit back and make noise about how someone is scum when they're not going to get lynched anyway.
Except... they don't get lynched and you die in their stead.
Which is a less than ideal situation for multiple reasons.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7961 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:53 am

In post 7959, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 7957, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
Yeah, it's not like I'm the first one who expressed that "small bit of lynch energy" or anything...
I don't remember that being the case. I remember you throwing out the Norlkaz name, but when did you actually start pushing it?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7962 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Nacho?

Outside of SAD, who do you think could be scum? why? if, for w/e reason, SAD ends up to be town, who do you think would be left as a viable suspect? (SAD you to I guess)

I've looked over the game and alot of the interactions nacho had with me aren't ones I've seen him do as scum. and, as far as I am concerned, the only reason Im freaking out right now is due to paranoia.

the way he cased the falcon read would be pretty creative way for him tp do as scum, and he could have ignored the way I was going after titus regardless of my town read on ceph, because I don't think that anyone would have cared much a about it but he defended her and he has done it in a way where, it wasn't anything close to wk'ing. the positioning and when he came out to defend her is something that isn't that hard to do as scum in a vacuum, but the timing of it is pretty much perfect. Despite not having loads of time, nacho has put in alto of work into this game (and it was more work than SAD did imo) and the workche puts in seems pretty genuine and thought out and not contrived.

VOTE: SAD

L-1
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7963 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 am

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 7953, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote: What scum motivation is there for changing a scumread to a townread when there are so few left. PLUS the fact that as scum I literally keep my reads static whereas if you meta me you'll see that my town games are filled with read changes like that because I usually have an initial gut reaction to something and then I step back and better evaluate the situation, which very often leads to a mood change.
Overall I'm still getting more "I offer the following counterarguments to your arguments against me" out of you than "HOW DO YOU NOT SEE I'M TOWN WTF."
Scum are very quick to point out when something they've done isn't necessarily their typical scum move, even though there is a totally reasonable explanation for performing this action as scum in this situation.
I'd say engaging at the logicwars level while showing less evidence of puzzlesolving are the largest reasons I'm voting you.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7964 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 am

In post 7962, Ms Marangal wrote:nacho has put in alto of work into this game (and it was more work than SAD did imo)
It's kinda funny how you think alignment is determined by effort.

Also it's kinda offensive how you're implying that I haven't put in effort just because I don't write 20 pages of walls.

Fuck that. I finally join 1 mafia game after a long hiatus and finally start getting re-interested in mafia and I get called out for not putting EFFORT. W/e, I'm done. Please lynch me.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7965 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Norlkaz »

I wish I felt more certainty here. I'm going to ISO you again SAD, so if you want to list the 3 biggest reasons you can think of that you're town there's still some chance we lynch Casso instead today.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7966 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:35 am

I don't think I'm town.

I don't think of reasons I'm town.

I don't read the game and go "hey I did some townie things here look".

The only time I will point out why I'm town is when people point to shit and call me scum for it that's clearly in my town meta.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7967 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Well you could walk us through your feelings / important decisions / changes in attitude you've had over the course of the game.
Unfortunately that last line is also something scum do with great enthusiasm.
Casso-scum is a very threatening possibility here because he has both Sakura and Mara under his flipper.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7968 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 am

Yes, part of the reason I'm angry is that the confirmed townies and the likely townies are being sooooo fucking useless and just sheeping. And then
I
get called out for not putting if "effort".

Also can't really help you unless you have specific questions. I get a different gut feeling and attitude changes like every time I look at the thread, and like 99% of those I can't put into words, so meh.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7969 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I am starting to think I want to defect, so I'm not going to let anyone hammer in the meantime.
UNVOTE:
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7970 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

Pieguy re: Sakura reminds me a bit of me re: Elleheathen in ASOIAF >_>
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7971 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

nothing casso has done has had scum-motivation, though. not as far as I can tell, and I have re-read through Nacho/thor interactions over, and over,and over again because both GM and Cabd (when he was around) had suspicions on him and I really, really can't find anything that's scummy.

RE: effort and Sheeping, I'm not equating walls with effort, I'm equating content given as effort and even I have to admit that I see more effort to figure out who is and isn't scum coming from Pie than I see coming from SAD and I've admitted that I thought Norl was putting in effort from even before he made walls, so that accusation is baseless. I've never been one to just blindly sheep, and I'm not going to start now. I have been pinning SAD as scum and I'm pretty sure I've stated as much so the second accusation is, as well
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7972 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I didn't manage to resatisfy myself of SADscum.
I could be interested in a pivot to KBBQ.
The last page of their ISO covers basically the whole game beyond D3 or so, and I am not impressed.
I'm going to leave my vote there for a couple hours and do something else; I expect to be back later this evening and tomorrow prior to hammertime.
VOTE: Korean BBQ

I'd be curious to hear more BBQ opinions before day ends.
I'm going to have to reread Pieguy because I lost a lot of my townconfidence on them.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7973 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by Empire »

Prodding goodmorning and KoreanBBQ.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7974 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh well considering we got 13 hours and my vote is being useless, i'll just move it somewhere more useful
Unvote
Vote: SAD
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”