Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 4.7

Aegor (5) - Thor665, emeraldemon, Bulbazak, kabooooom, HighShroomish
kabooooom (3) - Rainbowdash, Thesp, Aegor
Bulbazak (2) - inHimshallibe, Sotty7
Chevre (1) - emogirl123

Not voting (1) - Chevre

With twelve players alive, it takes seven votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Four is Thursday, 27th March 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-03-27 20:00:00)).
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 2074, emogirl123 wrote:his attitude
In post 1920, Aegor wrote:So if that explanation is unsatisfactory, lynch me right now and get it over with. But I really do not want to hear any of this again otherwise, and I do not want to be kept until endgame just to be lynched on something that happened on Day 3 and about which no new information can be acquired.
In post 1924, Aegor wrote:I want Rainbow dead. I also do not want to hear any more crap about my involvement on the wagons yesterday, so either lynch me today or STFU about it henceforth.
His attitude of being entitled to a town read if not lynched.

Yes you presented a case for Aegor. Yes he has been awfully flaily during the kabooooom v ABR wagon. What does that accomplish? Subtly shoving down our throats the fact that he doesn't care about either wagon. Even if he subtly shoved this down people's throat, they still sense it, because shoving down shit down people's throats is uncomfortable.
In post 1922, emogirl123 wrote:random thought: appealing for abr's replacement to join before lynching the slot instead of addressing why everyone is voting abr is the most incriminating of everything that had to do with abr/kaboooom. i'm so good at this game i post in my dreams
I generally assume players are not terrible unless they give me reasons for thinking so. I still stand by this statement and believe Chevre should be lynched. The Aegor wagon is the most anti-town wagon that surfaced today.

What Aegor did with respect to ABR last phase is not scum, even if he played it poorly. I like thinking this type of poor play comes from town not calculating his actions as opposed to scum not knowing how to play.

Also for the people saying that town should play as if they have nothing to hide, we can take Aegor's play here as a counterexample. It is always important for town to stop for a moment and think about what they do.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:27 am

Post by emeraldemon »

@Sotty
In post 2052, Sotty7 wrote:I'm backing off on Aegor. I think a lot of people are voting him because they are annoyed with his "sissy fit". Yes I still very much dislike his wagon position at the end of the day but he seems to have two sides. One being the annoying anti town I am always right BS that sadly, a few players have in this site meta. But he is also pushing good cases today that some people like emeraldemon just aren't acknowledging. The more he makes those kinds of posts the better, but Rainbow is right, the behavior it's antitown which doesn't equal scummy. Unless of course anyone has any real hard meta against him, then speak now or forever hold your peace.
I don't think Aegor is just anti-town (see ). I think he is scum. I'd like to know which cases from him you like. Aegor's vote pattern today has been Bulb, RBD, Chevre, RBD, Bulb, kaboom, Bulb, kaboom. He also says he's scumreading inhimshallibe and highshroomish. He throws out these scumreads like candy on Halloween, but there hasn't really been much pressure that I've seen. There was a little on Bulba (, ), but then he backed off and is now voting kaboom again, for reasons I can't fathom (it's another vote without any explanation). I will say it seems kinda town to me that he'd townread the people leading a wagon against him (Thor and myself).

Bulbazak is a tricky one for me, some of his stuff I really like, but I do think his reads have been strangely unwavering, his top two scumreads still seem to be emogirl and garmr [discode], which hasn't changed since page 6 or something. That kind of stickiness can be a pretty strong scumtell.

@Aegor
Surely you know that all 6 of the people you're scumreading can't be scum, we'd have lost already. I don't understand why you moved your vote back to kaboom. I think it's strange that you're denying pushing kaboom's wagon yesterday against ABR, when you clearly did (). You also haven't really said anything about why kaboom is a bigger lynch priority than Bulba or RBD or Chevre or any of your other scumreads.

Sotty thinks you're town, and I think sotty's town, so maybe you can change my mind here, but you're not acting town to me.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:28 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 1680, Chevre wrote:Finally, if anyone is voting ABR over kabooooom simply because it is lurker slot, note this: ABR has asked for replacement (though with the increasing length of the game replace-ins aren't occurring as frequently). Meanwhile, kabooooom has not despite strings of V/LA with no contribution and even acknowledging his own inability to keep up.
Here is Chevre asking us to wait for ABR's replacement before lynching him.
In post 1680, Chevre wrote:I understand that you may have true suspicion on ABR behind your vote, but if it's simply a vote to thin the lurker population in this game, there are better options than someone who is in the queue of replacement.
Here is Chevre admitting that there are people willing to lynch ABR for reasons irrelevant to what his replacement will say.

Both of these together with Chevre saying that Zekrom and kabooooom are playing the same lazy anti-town game, asking Zekrom to be replaced and saying that we should lynch kabooooom for no reason when ABR was in the process of being replaced makes Chevre scum.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:32 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 2076, emogirl123 wrote:
In post 1924, Aegor wrote:I want Rainbow dead. I also do not want to hear any more crap about my involvement on the wagons yesterday, so either lynch me today or STFU about it henceforth.
His attitude of being entitled to a town read if not lynched.
I think you're implying that this is an OK attitude for town to have, but it absolutely is not. Just because you haven't been lynched on any particular day or succession of days doesn't mean you deserve any town read. We've all survived this far, and some of us are scum. I
strongly
dislike what's implied here: Aegor is saying that later on in the game, he doesn't want his early play held against him. I refuse. If you and I make it to LyLo together, I will look at your Day 1 play, and you'd better do the same to me.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:34 am

Post by emogirl123 »

That is not an ok attitude to have and why everyone wants to have him lynched. This doesn't make him scum.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 am

Post by emeraldemon »

OK, so what makes him town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2074, emogirl123 wrote:Thor the only reason any town would ever vote Aegor is because of his attitude. No one even read your case. I also doubt anyone read Rainbow's case for you.
Some people read my case because I talked with them about it, and I read Rainbow's case on me (and then made fun of it) and none of this actually matters to anything about what we're currently discussing.
In post 2076, emogirl123 wrote:Yes you presented a case for Aegor. Yes he has been awfully flaily during the kabooooom v ABR wagon. What does that accomplish? Subtly shoving down our throats the fact that he doesn't care about either wagon. Even if he subtly shoved this down people's throat, they still sense it, because shoving down Smurf down people's throats is uncomfortable.
Well, first off, i don't think he was trying to be subtle, and if he was he doesn't understand what subtle means. He was extremely unsubtle, and went out of his way to try to point out that he didn't care.

That said, who voting his wagon do you find suspect. Because I actually agree that my case is pretty thin if anyone bothers to look at what Aegor has posted and said through the day, so at that point, do you think there is scum on him, and if so - whom?

Unvote: Aegor

In post 2076, emogirl123 wrote:Also for the people saying that town should play as if they have nothing to hide, we can take Aegor's play here as a counterexample. It is always important for town to stop for a moment and think about what they do.
Town should practice 'good play' but that is different from playing as if they have nothing to hide.
I often am aggressive and speak my mind quite bluntly and will choose to try gambits - that doesn't prevent me from doing all of that within a concept of 'playing any good at all'.
Hint: I don't think Aegor is playing that good, but he's probably playing townishly due to speaking his mind even amidst the horror that are his actions.
In post 2078, emogirl123 wrote:
In post 1680, Chevre wrote:Finally, if anyone is voting ABR over kabooooom simply because it is lurker slot, note this: ABR has asked for replacement (though with the increasing length of the game replace-ins aren't occurring as frequently). Meanwhile, kabooooom has not despite strings of V/LA with no contribution and even acknowledging his own inability to keep up.
Here is Chevre asking us to wait for ABR's replacement before lynching him.
In post 1680, Chevre wrote:I understand that you may have true suspicion on ABR behind your vote, but if it's simply a vote to thin the lurker population in this game, there are better options than someone who is in the queue of replacement.
Here is Chevre admitting that there are people willing to lynch ABR for reasons irrelevant to what his replacement will say.

Both of these together with Chevre saying that Zekrom and kabooooom are playing the same lazy anti-town game, asking Zekrom to be replaced and saying that we should lynch kabooooom for no reason when ABR was in the process of being replaced makes Chevre scum.
I think you're rather twisting Chevre's words here to your own preconceived conclusions.
Whether or not Chevre thought there were people voting ABR for non-lurk reasons doesn't preclude him thinking that there were people voting him for lurk reasons.

I also still fail to understand the flow of that last sentence, which is one you've tossed out multiple times - so I know it's important to your case. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'm going to walk you through what I'm thinking, see if you can help;

1. Chevre said that both Zekrom and Kaboom were anti town (you are presuming Chevere scum, Zekrom scum, and Kaboom town in this comment as far as I'm aware)
2. Chevre asked for Zekrom to be replaced and urged for a Kaboom lynch (logic being a scumbuddy protecting his mate and pushing on another guy who is town)
3. He does this while ABR is in the process of being replaced (this seems...like a totally random thought tossed up there that has no connection to thought #1, and not really to thought #2 either)

I mean, if the concept was - pushed for kaboom over ABR. Well, okay, that's a decent stand alone, and there are a number of people who did similar, and I agree they're worth looking at. But I'm not sure how that ties back to Zekrom. Functionally, if he discovered he was "wrong" about Zekrom, why wouldn't he then suspect Kabooom - a player he said was doing the same thing? That seems to make sense as a thought process.

Can you clarify this comment for me?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2081, emeraldemon wrote:OK, so what makes him town?
I would say go look at his commentary about both Kaboom and ABR in *more* than the microcosm I first presented. He had a long running issue with both, and the core point is that though he did hop off ABR to make kabooom a bigger wagon...he did the same thing earlier in the day except he hopped off kabooom to push ABR.

That seems a pretty decent argument for Aegor=teh townz to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm kind of leaning Bulbazak and High Shroomish right now.

I refuse to believe I'm wrong about emeralddemon at this stage. I also think being the counter cuts kabooom from slack (even if he is playing super hard to help scum regardless of his role PM).

@Bulba - battle me with words, I want your thoughts on the gamestate.

Does anyone have thoughts on High Shroomish? I had him as a town lean earlier, I think I liked that town lean, is there a scum case on him from anyone?
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:51 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Nothing really. If you want the scummiest vote with respect to ABR v kabooooom, you have Chevre. If you want me to comment on your 1712, I haven't read it yet and will do so now. If you want a specific post, it's hard for me to find but take the following.
In post 1748, Aegor wrote:
In post 1738, Zdenek wrote:
Mod: could you pause the deadline countdown until the player slots are filled.
Mod, I implore you not to pause the countdown and only extend the deadline minimally, if at all.
I know he is going for the whole "whatever i don't care i just want to lynch anyone", but there is no reason for scum to say that out loud especially when another town requested to extend the deadline for ABR.

Also his general anti-town attitude, he acts as if he can spout out anything without consequence. Too ballsy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

I could also crawl back to Rainbow. She's probably too canny to fall for the obv. wagon shenanigans I pulled, and her ABR interactions are fairly skeevy from yesterday too.
Plus OMGUS. (not from her, from me)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2085, emogirl123 wrote:Also his general anti-town attitude, he acts as if he can spout out anything without consequence. Too ballsy.
Please don't try to tell him that terrible play gets him town reads.
It doesn't.
It shouldn't.
And if he adopts that it hurts many towns in the future.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:53 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I want Thesp to get through his catch-up. I don't find a kabooooom vote highly inspiring (or suspecting me, for that matter ;)).
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 2085, emogirl123 wrote:but there is no reason for scum to say that out loud especially when another town requested to extend the deadline for ABR
*unless he tactically posted that and PM'd the mod requesting the exact opposite, but that is genius.

Thor, I haven't read your post yet, but I'll do it now. I don't really like p-editing.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

In post 2084, Thor665 wrote:I'm kind of leaning Bulbazak and High Shroomish right now.

I refuse to believe I'm wrong about emeralddemon at this stage. I also think being the counter cuts kabooom from slack (even if he is playing super hard to help scum regardless of his role PM).

Does anyone have thoughts on High Shroomish? I had him as a town lean earlier, I think I liked that town lean, is there a scum case on him from anyone?
I take HS as town by way of validating Zdenek's read on his townslip.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:58 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

As in, I thought Zdenek was killed for correctly honing in on too many things.
Show

:

emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 2081, emeraldemon wrote:OK, so what makes him town?
In post 2085, emogirl123 wrote:Nothing really. If you want the scummiest vote with respect to ABR v kabooooom, you have Chevre. If you want me to comment on your 1712, I haven't read it yet and will do so now. If you want a specific post, it's hard for me to find but take the following.
@emerald: Might be confusing, my post here was responding to you.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:15 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 2082, Thor665 wrote:I also still fail to understand the flow of that last sentence, which is one you've tossed out multiple times - so I know it's important to your case. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'm going to walk you through what I'm thinking, see if you can help;

Read this.

Chevre says he is reluctant to vote Zekrom because she thinks this is just his playstyle. Chevre even mentions that kabooooom falls into this category. I did not presume Zekrom as scum or town anywhere in my case for Chevre.

Chevre says that Zekrom deserved a replacement when ABR was nowhere in danger of being lynched.

When ABR / kabooooom was being lynched, he "strongly suspected" kabooooom while completely ignoring what he had said previously for Zekrom while asking him to go get himself replaced.

Nothing has changed since then regarding kabooooom's play so he is not being consistent with his reads.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2090, inHimshallibe wrote:
In post 2084, Thor665 wrote:I'm kind of leaning Bulbazak and High Shroomish right now.

I take HS as town by way of validating Zdenek's read on his townslip.
Maybe. Though I've been scum who shot town who thought I or one of my partners was town to help "verify" them.

What was the townslip though? I forgot about that, and if it's good then I can just lob Shroom back into my town pile and lynch Bulba or Rainbow, which would be sexy.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 2077, emeraldemon wrote:@Aegor
Surely you know that all 6 of the people you're scumreading can't be scum, we'd have lost already.
Surely I do. But since this is not lylo and I am the humility to admit that my reads are not infallible, I have no problem presenting more candidates for scum than there are scum.
I don't understand why you moved your vote back to kaboom.
Acceptable lynch and there were votes on him.
I think it's strange that you're denying pushing kaboom's wagon yesterday against ABR, when you clearly did ().
I denied no such thing. I pushed both wagons.
You also haven't really said anything about why kaboom is a bigger lynch priority than Bulba or RBD or Chevre or any of your other scumreads.
Probably because I do not think he is a bigger lynch priority than those players.

For the record, I want Chevre dead the most. Emogirl's case is both authentic and well-formed. I do not understand the resistance to it. RBD dying would make me very happy indeed. Bulba, inHim, and kab are in the next tier.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2093, emogirl123 wrote:
In post 2082, Thor665 wrote:I also still fail to understand the flow of that last sentence, which is one you've tossed out multiple times - so I know it's important to your case. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'm going to walk you through what I'm thinking, see if you can help;

Read this.

Chevre says he is reluctant to vote Zekrom because she thinks this is just his playstyle. Chevre even mentions that kabooooom falls into this category. I did not presume Zekrom as scum or town anywhere in my case for Chevre.

Chevre says that Zekrom deserved a replacement when ABR was nowhere in danger of being lynched.

When ABR / kabooooom was being lynched, he "strongly suspected" kabooooom while completely ignoring what he had said previously for Zekrom while asking him to go get himself replaced.

@Aegor - what's your take on Rainbow?
Nothing has changed since then regarding kabooooom's play so he is not being consistent with his reads.
So, really, it's not about who he is asking to be replaced or not replaced, it's about whether or not he desired to lynch lurksacks.

I don't think you've shown his stance to be unusual on one as opposed to the other though.
Three lurksacks;

Zekrom (called him a top scumread, admitted trouble reading him due to playstyle, was happy to get him replaced)
ABR (seemed eager to get him replaced - we can presume not liking a lynch over being a lurksack I suppose)
Kabooom (called him scummy mostly for self vote, indicated the self vote pushed him into acceptable lynch territory - kabooom was never at risk for replacement)

Either I'm missing something still, or your case isn't really logically solid.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

My preview post addition got a little lost there, so;

@Aegor - what's your take on Rainbow?
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:27 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 2096, Thor665 wrote:Either I'm missing something still, or your case isn't really logically solid.
It's his subtle defence of ABR by changing his reads of kabooooom, and requesting everyone hold off on lynching ABR because he is in the process of being replaced.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:28 am

Post by emogirl123 »

That's not the only thing. There is a reason why Chevre was placed at L-1 on Day 1 which was lost. Everything about Chevre is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”