Docthorr
Docthorr
Goon
Docthorr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Post by Docthorr »

I really don't like LTO. Haven't liked her for a while. (Still have my vote on her)
She is correct in the lack of my posts and content, but I do believe the ones with actual content have more info than any of her posts. Outside of her last post where she finally gave some actual content by answering her own list. The other posts she made were some general questions.
I don't like the list at all. It gives the mafia a view in the towns mind and I will not give my answers on them.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 247, LessThanOriginal wrote:
7) If there is a cop, who do you think would be best to be investigated tonight?

People in the grey areas in terms of alignment. They'll be less likely to be killed at night because the Mafia often like to keep around people likely to draw more suspicion than them, and the read can help clear up a lot of things if they can get it out somehow. I'm thinking Bulbazak,
or maybe me
?
OK. I don't understand how a townie could possibly suggest himself for a cop check.

This just reeks of scum trying to imply that he has nothing to hide. I'd love to hear <original explain how copchecking him could possibly be a benefit to the town.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:45 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

And his scumreads feel really manufactured:
6) Give your two scummiest reads right now, and say why.

Hopkirk. He seems to eager to sling guilt onto people. If scum, it would be a good idea to look at who he's not yet attacked.

Docthorr. Fewest number of posts and at least one of those was excusing his behaviour and putting it down to timezones. Given the length of phases and the fact that I'm only an hour behind him, I think, I can say that his timezone in no way justifies how quiet he's been, and that he needs to contribute more at the very least. He goes vote, unvote, weird comment about my lack of avi, more excuses for not posting, etc. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=23316
He literally doesn't mention Docthorr @ all before this post. And here's the last thing he had to say about his other scumread:
In post 165, LessThanOriginal wrote:
In post 164, LessThanOriginal wrote:@Bulbazak: I think that the claims of cheating were unsubstantiated because that clearly wasn't your intention, but I do think he had a point with it potentially being misleading to people who are unsure what's going on. I don't think your original post was indicative of alignment, but neither do I think that his *original* response was. What happened after that when it escalated may possibly be useful, but I think the initial posts give nothing useful as to your alignments. Keep in mind I've believed him about claiming the vote had nothing to do with it when trying to reason this through, but I find it hard to believe that scum would be so blatant in responding to a vote like that so.

Ninja'd.
Basically, after thinking this through it gives me
slight Town vibes on Hopkirk
and nothing on Bulbazak.
How did he go from "slight Town vibes" to scum read?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:13 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 243, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 229, JarJarDrinks wrote:I think we should seriously discuss a lurker lynch. catboi and Docthorr have 8 posts each. Pretty much every other player in the game has more than them combined.
Activity is not alignment indicative. Do you no longer believe Soctor is scum?
Well then if I'm ever scum, I guess I'll just never post and autowin.

I'm not that crazy about a thesoctor lynch anymore. Not sure how it works on this site but I feel like scum about to get lynched will fakeclaim a PR the majority of the time to try and draw out a counter. Him claiming VT makes him less likely to be scum IMO.

Now that being said, I do like catboi's last post alot.

unvote catboi
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

also

vote: LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:12 am

Post by LessThanOriginal »

I asked you guys to offer up suggestions for questions. It's hardly my fault everyone refused to and so ended up being solely mine. Though, I disagree that the questions are scummy because they're asking about exactly the sorts of things we need to be thinking about right now. I'll try to respond to all relevant questions aimed at me in a bigger post, but sorting out all the quotes might take a bit of time >_<.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:33 am

In post 249, Hopkirk wrote:@Lessthan: Why would it be advantageous for scum to be throwing reads everywhere (thus making enemies) rather than focusing on 1-2 people and making friends who won’t lynch him?
I'm sorry. I really don't get what you're asking here? At first I thought the question was based on my answers to the questionnaire, but I just checked and I'm still as confused.
In post 250, Docthorr wrote:I really don't like LTO. Haven't liked her for a while. (Still have my vote on her)
She is correct in the lack of my posts and content, but I do believe the ones with actual content have more info than any of her posts. Outside of her last post where she finally gave some actual content by answering her own list. The other posts she made were some general questions.
I don't like the list at all. It gives the mafia a view in the towns mind and I will not give my answers on them.
OMGUS but without the vote because you've already used it on me. I have previously given what I consider content and you saying otherwise won't change that in my mind. Explain what information the Mafia would glean from this that Town wouldn't, and how it would be used? Genuine question. I would ask how the information Town gains weighs up vs the information Mafia gains, but I doubt you could be so unbiased, sorry.
In post 251, JarJarDrinks wrote:
7) If there is a cop, who do you think would be best to be investigated tonight?

People in the grey areas in terms of alignment. They'll be less likely to be killed at night because the Mafia often like to keep around people likely to draw more suspicion than them, and the read can help clear up a lot of things if they can get it out somehow. I'm thinking Bulbazak,
or maybe me
?
OK. I don't understand how a townie could possibly suggest himself for a cop check.

This just reeks of scum trying to imply that he has nothing to hide. I'd love to hear <original explain how copchecking him could possibly be a benefit to the town.
Right now with the suspicion on me that I have I'm distracting Town from locating actual Mafia members. I said to go for people in the grey areas for a reason.

To post #252: Who I mention previously has no bearing on what my reads are. I don't see what your point is here?

Also, to post #252: Hopkirk's particular attack on Bulbazak at the start was for potential misleading information and so could theoretically be done by either side, but I found Town more likely at the time. However, since then Hopkirk has repeatedly gone after people on (IMO) pretty flimsy pretences, and so his read has slipped down to slight scum.

If I've missed out any questions that desperately need answering :V, please say and quote their post number too if need be ^^.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 256, LessThanOriginal wrote:
In post 251, JarJarDrinks wrote:

or maybe me
?

Right now with the suspicion on me that I have I'm distracting Town from locating actual Mafia members. I said to go for people in the grey areas for a reason.
Not sure what you're trying to say here but I don't think you answered my question.

I just don't understand how any townie could possibly suggest that a cop check them. Asking again: If you are a town then how could a copcheck on you possibly help? He'd see you were town and then what? What good is that?
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

@JarJar Do you understand why
I
said the cop should investigate me?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 249, Hopkirk wrote:Maybe jarjar or faries
I don't think either of them are scum. You're going to have to explain that one.
In post 253, JarJarDrinks wrote:Well then if I'm ever scum, I guess I'll just never post and autowin.
Or you'll be replaced when you don't pick up your prod or policy or compromise lynched.
In post 253, JarJarDrinks wrote: I'm not that crazy about a thesoctor lynch anymore. Not sure how it works on this site but I feel like scum about to get lynched will fakeclaim a PR the majority of the time to try and draw out a counter. Him claiming VT makes him less likely to be scum IMO.
A PR claim is also very risky and puts the entire team in jeopardy. VT is a very safe claim. Heck, most of the time I claim VT as scum.
In post 256, LessThanOriginal wrote:Explain what information the Mafia would glean from this that Town wouldn't, and how it would be used?
Where town is focusing atm. Who would be the best NK. Possibly who the PRs are (this is less likely, but you never know). If town is suspecting one of them for either distancing or buddying, then they know to change their play. As I said, the questions are a road map for scum to understand the town's current mindset.

Why did you focus on Docthorr when I essentially said the same thing?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 258, Thesoctorisin wrote:@JarJar Do you understand why
I
said the cop should investigate me?
I actually missed that. I'm not crazy about it but it's a little understandable since in your mind the alternative is that you get lynched. If you're a townie, you'd rather not have the one person you know is town get killed.

Like if you're saying that between lynching you and copchecking you, you should be copchecked, I'm fine w/ it. But I'd assume that you're number 1 preference is that you dont get lynched and the cop checks someone else right?

The fact that <original just offered himself for no reason whatsover just makes no sense coming from town.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:46 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 259, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 253, JarJarDrinks wrote: I'm not that crazy about a thesoctor lynch anymore. Not sure how it works on this site but I feel like scum about to get lynched will fakeclaim a PR the majority of the time to try and draw out a counter. Him claiming VT makes him less likely to be scum IMO.
A PR claim is also very risky and puts the entire team in jeopardy. VT is a very safe claim. Heck, most of the time I claim VT as scum.
Not following how it puts the entire team in jeopardy. Plus it's not risky for them if they're almost surely gonna get lynched anyway.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 am

It was more lurkers in general who I hadn't paid too much attention to previously @above. And the best NK would be the Towniest read or a PT, right? I made sure not to ask about that so how they would get that info from the answers, I honestly don't know.

The distancing and buddying questions were aimed partly to see how people would handle it than who they were saying about. The way players throw dirt tends to seem slightly different if I can just get down how to read it. Would say more, but g2g. Will check in on my phone in a bit though.

And also, pronouns are there in the profile for a reason :V.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

256 ressponse
1.) … You said I was scummy because I was pressuring multiple people. There is no way you could not understand my coment…

Lessthan is a greater scumread than faries and jarjar now.
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

@hopkirk Why do you think JarJar is scummy?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Considering he's only 4th on my list- thus i wouldn't be voting him today- that's pretty irrelevant.
What i've said before and lurker lynch stuff.
Not a lynch I'm going for, today i'll lynch less than or soctor. Preferably soctor.

Less than
1.) Respond to my q
2.) Conclusions from your list stuff
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL. PLEASE DONT HOLD IT AGAINST ME IF I MESSED UP

Thesoctorisin [ 2 ] Hopkirk, Bulbazak,
LessThanOriginal [ 3 ] Docthorr, JarJarDrinks, catboi,
Hopkirk [ 1 ] Thesoctorisin
catboi [ 1 ] Number_0ne
Bulbazak [ 1 ] I Love Fairies
Not Voting: LessThanOriginal

If someone could doublecheck that, It'd be appreciated.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:48 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 265, Hopkirk wrote:i'll lynch less than or soctor. Preferably soctor.
this is where I'm @ too except that I prefer <original. We have 1 day left and I honestly don't see people coming up w/ better wagons before then. I think everyone should consolidate on these 2 so we make sure we get a flip. So basically I think number1 and fairies should pick a horse and go w/ it since it seems highly unlikely that the people they are voting for will be getting lynched today.

thoughts?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 261, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 259, Bulbazak wrote:
Not following how it puts the entire team in jeopardy. Plus it's not risky for them if they're almost surely gonna get lynched anyway.
I guess it really depends on what the setup is, but PR fake claims tend to be dicey. With only 2 players on the scum team, being 1 down d1 means that the other partner has to play exceedingly well in order to win, which means making every kill count. Chances are that scum player will be outplayed via PoE since this a semi-open setup.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:57 am

In post 265, Hopkirk wrote:Considering he's only 4th on my list- thus i wouldn't be voting him today- that's pretty irrelevant.
What i've said before and lurker lynch stuff.
Not a lynch I'm going for, today i'll lynch less than or soctor. Preferably soctor.

Less than
1.) Respond to my q
2.) Conclusions from your list stuff
Question?

I'll say what my thought process behind 8 was before I flip, but honestly, not enough people replied for me to try and pick out groupthink vs guiltflinging vs any other number of things. I wasn't planning on writing up conclusions when I wrote them though, just what I could potentially speculate and connections ("unlikely to both be scum" for example) between people. And even that was just going to be in my head for the most part. People are supposed to be able to interpret this stuff for themselves; I just try to produce info to work off. I'll write something up before I go down though, I guess. Night.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The question i asked plainly that you quoted in 256 and haven't responded to again.
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

unvote
Vote: bulba

You said that ILF vote wasn't realistic. Well now it is. Iv stated that I think both Hopkirk and Bulba is scum so I will get on a his bandwagon.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 246, Bulbazak wrote:You don't edit your posts. It's to prevent people from cheating. If you need to make a correction, you do so in another post, generally using EBWOP (Edit by way of post).
I understand why that's a good idea, but I hate it. D:

It kills me when I see a major mistake in my writing and I can't correct it.

Hm, yeah, I guess I can admit fault then, Hopkirk, perhaps your "fake hammer" really wasn't all that scummy, and your posts regarding it lead me to believe that I was wrong about it being a mistake on your part. However, I still think it's a bad idea because it has such a low success rate and there is always the chance of accidentally outing a TPR.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Number_0ne
Number_0ne
Goon
Number_0ne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Number_0ne »

With time running out, I'll change my vote.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LessthanOriginal

I don't find Bulbazak to be particularly scummy atm, and I agree on some of the points brought up on <original. I'd prefer to lynch a lurker, but with time running short, I'll join one of the wagons.

Also, this is L-1.
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

I
guess
I'd be Ok with a <original lynch, but I'm not really reading her as scum so I won't vote her unless nobody else will. I don't want to end day 1 without a lynch

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”