Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

UPDATE: I just went back and reread all of <originals since the reads list and I see where y'all are coming from. I'd definitely be Ok with a <original lynch but let's see what she has to say first.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Typically, you should only claim if at L-1 and intent to hammer has been given. If anyone wants to give intent, you probably want to say so in bold.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 243, Bulbazak wrote:So you noticed that I've not been keeping pace with the thread and have seem distracted. Did you ever think RL issues might be involved, and that I might naturally be tired and distracted right now? I'll be honest, there are days where I don't feel like playing at all, and I feel worn out most of the time atm. It should get better once I'm not performing every night, but I fail to see how my activity or my apathy is indicative of scum.
I understand and can totally relate, but I didn't notice a lack of activity and that's not why I'm wary of you, so much as a lack of commentary/insight. It doesn't come across that you're not keeping up, but if you're aware of it, well I'll wait and see I guess I'm not going to try to lynch you on day 1 anyway
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 253, JarJarDrinks wrote:Now that being said, I do like catboi's last post alot.
what did you like about it?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

I don't really agree with this lynch. I think there are worse choices, but I would still prefer Bulba or Number One. I'll be keeping my vote on Bulba. There are plenty of people who can still switch their votes, and we still have some time.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by LessThanOriginal »

@Hopkirk: By "question" you meant the one that I didn't understand and so couldn't answer? Can you please reword it with some context or I can't do a thing about it. You knew that when you told me again to answer it :/.

Conclusions with come in the evening (GMT). If anyone else wants to answer the questionnaire before then please do so.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

In post 281, LessThanOriginal wrote:@Hopkirk: By "question" you meant the one that I didn't understand and so couldn't answer? Can you please reword it with some context or I can't do a thing about it. You knew that when you told me again to answer it :/.

Conclusions will come in the evening (GMT). If anyone else wants to answer the questionnaire before then please do so.
Fixed >_<.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

@ Faries: Wouldn’t you say that’s better than lynching a pr by accident? They would have had to claim anyway around then (this guy already had).

@Lessthan: How is that even misinterpretable?

I said “Why would it be advantageous for scum to be throwing reads everywhere (thus making enemies) rather than focusing on 1-2 people and making friends who won’t lynch him?”

Would scum
A.) Vote+pressure lots of people thus making enemies out of most of the playerlist who would be more inclined to vote them later.
B.) Focus on voting/pressuring 2ish people and making friends with the others- going for a lynch without creating any enemies or drama.

Then consider what I’m doing (A).
Scum would not find it advantageous to do A.
So you can explain why me doing A makes me a scumread of yours.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm

In post 283, Hopkirk wrote:@ Faries: Wouldn’t you say that’s better than lynching a pr by accident? They would have had to claim anyway around then (this guy already had).

@Lessthan: How is that even misinterpretable?

I said “Why would it be advantageous for scum to be throwing reads everywhere (thus making enemies) rather than focusing on 1-2 people and making friends who won’t lynch him?”

Would scum
A.) Vote+pressure lots of people thus making enemies out of most of the playerlist who would be more inclined to vote them later.
B.) Focus on voting/pressuring 2ish people and making friends with the others- going for a lynch without creating any enemies or drama.

Then consider what I’m doing (A).
Scum would not find it advantageous to do A.
So you can explain why me doing A makes me a scumread of yours.
If you really agreed with that idea then you would currently be reading me as Town :P. I've said I'm only giving scum reads atm because the strongest Town reads could assist the Mafia NK, remember? So, no, I'm not going with this argument, especially when I've seen Mafia play like (A) in the past in order to gain Townie points.

Though, I disagreed you using the word "pressuring" to describe your play earlier so ^^;.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:22 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

FWIW I actually agree w/ hopkirk and one of the reasons I backed up off him is cause I think scum probably wouldn't be that ballsy. Not just the fact that he's attacked a bunch of people, but the fact that he's gone after alot of the more active players like me/fairies/bulb. I would think scum would pick easier targets.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:32 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 284, LessThanOriginal wrote:If you really agreed with that idea then you would currently be reading me as Town :P
Um what? Are you you implying that you are playing in a similiar fashion to hopkirk? Voting and pressuring lots of people? Like you are the one person in the town who is the furthest from that description as possible. You STILL haven't even cast a single vote yet.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:59 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 279, catboi wrote:
In post 253, JarJarDrinks wrote:Now that being said, I do like catboi's last post alot.
what did you like about it?
Just had a lot of reads in it which is what I like to see. Not saying I like the post because I think it makes you look townish, but it's the type of post I think everyone should be making so we know what they're thinking (or feigning to think) for reference later.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:12 am

In post 286, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 284, LessThanOriginal wrote:If you really agreed with that idea then you would currently be reading me as Town :P
Um what? Are you you implying that you are playing in a similiar fashion to hopkirk? Voting and pressuring lots of people? Like you are the one person in the town who is the furthest from that description as possible. You STILL haven't even cast a single vote yet.
I was implying I was playing sort of like (A) actually in that I don't care about making enemies with my scum reads and questioning of people. Later in the game I would consider voting because I know I'm 100% Town and can't say the same about anyone else, but this is D1 and so I see it that suspicion on me is unlikely to fade and so the best I can do is try to create reactions and interactions for Town to work off when I'm gone. Staying around longer will just have me distracting Town from the actual threats.

Though fyi, for future game's reference for anyone in here, you will rarely find me voting outside of endgame. I'm too indecisive for it to be successful anyway when I think I don't yet have all the information. And I don't like to be responsible for lynching Town which is pretty stupid of me because that's always going to happen, but eh.
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

Would a good strategy for the cop be attacking a lot of people and seeing their reaction so he can see who to investigate? Cause if so, Im pretty sure there's a cop in this game.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:24 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 276, Thesoctorisin wrote:UPDATE: I just went back and reread all of <originals since the reads list and I see where y'all are coming from. I'd definitely be Ok with a <original lynch but let's see what she has to say first.
Is this an intent to hammer?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:37 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 288, LessThanOriginal wrote:
In post 286, JarJarDrinks wrote:
I was implying I was playing sort of like (A) actually in that I don't care about making enemies with my scum reads and questioning of people.
Well I don't know why you'd think this since like I said, no one else has been less confrontational than you. You seem completely afraid to give your reads of people all throughout the game.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 289, Thesoctorisin wrote:Would a good strategy for the cop be attacking a lot of people and seeing their reaction so he can see who to investigate? Cause if so, Im pretty sure there's a cop in this game.
Why the hell are you speculating about prs? That's ridiculously anti-town.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Since last day...
Intent to hammer
lessthan. Lessthan please claim.
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

Oh sorry. I didn't realize that was scummy but I understand now. And yes I have an intent to hammer but not till later today
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

Why isn't <original claiming?
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

I won't be able to post untill tonight so don't freak out if I disappeare right before a lynch.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 am

In post 295, Thesoctorisin wrote:Why isn't <original claiming?
It's called rl >_<.

Will reply to all the rest of the stuff in one.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:54 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 297, LessThanOriginal wrote:
In post 295, Thesoctorisin wrote:Why isn't <original claiming?
It's called rl >_<.

Will reply to all the rest of the stuff in one.
In one what? We're 9 hrs till deadline. Ur roll claim would have taken less words then this post did.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 am

In post 291, JarJarDrinks wrote:Well I don't know why you'd think this since like I said, no one else has been less confrontational than you. You seem completely afraid to give your reads of people all throughout the game.
Really. Claiming Hopkirk as one of my scummiest reads is utterly unconfrontational given how he seems to attack all who question him :V. I really should stop with the self-meta'ing though ^^;.
In post 293, Hopkirk wrote:Since last day...
Intent to hammer
lessthan. Lessthan please claim.
VT. Actually though, it's probably better to hit Town anyway than Mafia D1 now I think about it. As in, Mafia are often (and even more so in newbie games) given away by their interactions with other members, right? As in, they'll try to subtly defend them, often be the last to hammer if they bus, and stuff like that. Remove half the Mafia and suddenly it's a lot harder to find them. That's just from a D1 perspective though, and as the game goes on you tend to get enough info that that doesn't matter so much (and it's not like it's a good idea either to leave scum in the game for long if you can help it). So yeah, sorry if you were expecting something else, but if you really think I'd be this calm about a lynch if I was a PT...?

8 was thus: if everyone announces one read and then doesn't give their reasoning for it at the start of D2 then it allows a potential cop to get out their investigation results without it immediately leading to their NK or Town lynching them (because that's exactly the sort of thing Town does sometimes). The flaw I thought I found (but am now not so sure of) is that if as the Days pass a certain person gets all their reads correct then it heavily ups the chances of the Mafia locating them. However, now I'm not so sure that it *is* a flaw because if the Mafia aim for that person and they flip cop then Town basically has a load of confirmed leads and the Mafia are likely restricted to killing off any confirmed Town reads (or being lynched in the case of scum investigations) and so can't focus in on other PT or people who are threats to them. And of course, if there is no cop then it basically just gets the Mafia extra paranoid and looking at the wrong people while all the pretend cops smile at them like so: :cop:. So yeah, I was wondering if anyone was wondering about that themselves and if their logic would follow the same route as mine, but apparently not. I think it's a valid tactic personally, but people don't tend to listen to me so I doubt anyone will actually go for it.

Apologies for the wall of text. It's very relevant though so please read it and keep it in mind for future phases.

Anything I missed?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”