Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Selkies »

Nacho, what are you thinking about notsci?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

nacho wrote:whole bunch of bullshit
interaction-hunting like that is the weakest form of scum hunting because it not only assumes you have some idea of how he treats his scum partners, but it's entirely possible to twist things any which way you want.

for example, even you you acknowledge how unlikely it is that a scum player would talk about both his partners in the same way and call them both null-leaning-town, you still call it "possible" because you need to. who he did or didn't vote was probably highly dependent on what were viable wagons (i was NEVER a viable wagon after the very first few pages of the game and notscience was never a viable wagon at any stage of the game iirc - so pointing out that he didn't vote us is like... durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... but you know this, and you probably don't care). it's also kinda dumb that you're like, "oh, he voted me, that makes me town!"
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

also stuff like this is fucking hilarious
nacho wrote:Nacho/NS/Goodfather team means that Goodfather put both of his partners in the "and other lurkers slot".
nacho wrote:Having both partners in null leaning town is odd, but not unheard of
which, i guess, is a perfect example of twisting things in a way that suits your needs

i guess you've given up on trying to call me scum by play and now you're going with the durrrrrrrrr interactions route
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3851, zMuffinMan wrote:
interaction-hunting like that is the weakest form of scum hunting because it not only assumes you have some idea of how he treats his scum partners, but it's entirely possible to twist things any which way you want.

for example, even you you acknowledge how unlikely it is that a scum player would talk about both his partners in the same way and call them both null-leaning-town, you still call it "possible" because you need to. who he did or didn't vote was probably highly dependent on what were viable wagons (i was NEVER a viable wagon after the very first few pages of the game and notscience was never a viable wagon at any stage of the game iirc - so pointing out that he didn't vote us is like... durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... but you know this, and you probably don't care). it's also kinda dumb that you're like, "oh, he voted me, that makes me town!"
Interactions hunting is also an interesting point of reference for case-building because it's something you have minimal control over as scum: you can coach your scum partners in order for certain scenarios, but they have to accept your coaching, they have to implement it well, etc.

I've been essentially completely sold on Selkies and Guyett being town lately, so I've been putting a little thought into how to crack your armor. Interactions has ended up being pretty fucking fruitful so far.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3850, Selkies wrote:Nacho, what are you thinking about notsci?
I think he's confirmed scum.
I also think that I don't want him to die right now because I want as much information as possible on the table before we go to night: it also gives Muffin a chance to defend his townread (which he continues to do none of).

My Notscience townread based on pictures was trolling, if that wasn't abundantly clear before.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3853, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3851, zMuffinMan wrote:

Interactions hunting is also an interesting point of reference for case-building because it's something you have minimal control over as scum: you can coach your scum partners in order for certain scenarios, but they have to accept your coaching, they have to implement it well, etc.

I've been essentially completely sold on Selkies and Guyett being town lately, so I've been putting a little thought into how to crack your armor. Interactions has ended up being pretty fucking fruitful so far.
You and Notscience weren't viable wagons during any point of the game, true. Bert really wasn't a viable wagon of the game either: and yet, he ended up strongly town reading him and buddying up to him like crazy (similar way to how Notscience treated Bert). In the case of you and Notscience, you were null leaning townreads that he never understood, never attempted to understand, never voted.

My "he voted me, that makes me town!" is a bit more than that. Godfather immediately voted me after someone else suggested a flash wagon on me. That means either A) he was newbie scum who felt he had to bus after one person suggested a last minute wagon on me, or B) he was newbie scum white knighting the wagon choice of the day and thought creating another town wagon could only be good. I really wasn't a viable wagon at that point either: not a whole lot of people had banded together and voted me at that point, so it's not really like Goodfather would be feeling a particularly strong pressure to bus me.

Incidentally, that whole interaction also makes Guyett a lot more town: it seems unlikely to me that Goodfather would be comfortable enough helping start a flash wagon with a buddy in the way that unfolded.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3852, zMuffinMan wrote:also stuff like this is fucking hilarious
nacho wrote:Nacho/NS/Goodfather team means that Goodfather put both of his partners in the "and other lurkers slot".
nacho wrote:Having both partners in null leaning town is odd, but not unheard of
which, i guess, is a perfect example of twisting things in a way that suits your needs

i guess you've given up on trying to call me scum by play and now you're going with the durrrrrrrrr interactions route
Having two partners as null reading town is fine because it's essentially the most scumvenient place to put a partner. Null leaning town means that you don't have to join a wagon until the wagon's mostly on its way and that person has become significantly scummier: you don't get railroaded in the read when they lose cred, meaning you don't have to vote them when they get heat and you don't have to defend them. It is also a section in a reads list whereas a "lurker" slot is just that: one slot in an entire reads list where I don't really expect new scum to put both of their partners, even if both partners are lurking.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

nacho wrote:I don't really expect new scum to put both of their partners, even if both partners are lurking.
you
need
to say that, but this is complete bullshit. scum (newbie or not) will feel the need to justify their reads in some way, shape or form, so of course they are going to put their partners as "lurkers" if their partners are... lurking. lurking is such a common reason that it isn't worth really pushing but it's enough that he thinks he could be distancing. and, now that i'm looking back at it, what is particularly interesting about the reads list in which he calls both you and ns's slot lurkers is that he specifically names both of you and then adds "and other lurkers".

the other end of the spectrum is you're suggesting that newbie scum wouldn't be self-conscious and would put both his partners in the same pile with similar reasoning that isn't related to something so general like "lurking"
nacho wrote:Interactions has ended up being pretty fucking fruitful so far
if you think so, good luck with it

i think you can struggle as much as you want, but anyone who's actually paying attention knows i'm obvtown here (and if you really were town, you'd have figured this out by now, too)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

nacho wrote:Interactions hunting is also an interesting point of reference for case-building because it's something you have minimal control over as scum
also this is wrong

in a game where it's confirmed scum have day talk, scum have all the control in the world over it

on the other hand, town have no control over how scum choose to interact with them

but you already knew this, and i understand you have no choice here but to spin whatever bullshit you can find since your options are so limited, so carry on i guess`
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 5.4(aka the 'I recommend looking at the deadline" Vote Count)

notscience
(3): Guyett, Nachomamma8, Selkies
Nachomamma8
(1): zMuffinMan

Not Voting
(3): notscience, Cabd

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

(expired on 2014-03-23 21:00:00)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

hey now i'm going back over goodfather's ISO

i just remembered, he asked whether it was a neighbourhood or whether one of us was a neighbouriser. i assume you think this was supposed to be WIFOM or distancing or some shit?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh wait
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh never mind, i was ruling out notscience as scum if anyone in my neighbourhood was scum at some point in the game, but that was because notscience was calling both IK and aronis scum, but i suppose you could also suggest that was him playing some WIFOM game or whatever

though, really, if you were thinking critically about it, that is a point against him knowing about the neighbourhood
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Spoiler:
In post 853, The Goodfather wrote:my understanding of neighborhoods is that not all members necessarily have the same affiliation.

So can the three of you really be sure of each others affiliation? I doubt that you would have outed yourselves if you were the scum team, so it is likely that 1 or more are town, but there is also no guarantee that you are all town. Is this understanding of neighborhoods correct @natirasha??
In post 858, The Goodfather wrote:last question about the neighborhood, is one of you a neighborizer?

like did you all start the game knowing you were in a neighborhood, or was it something that you were notified about after the game had started??
In post 864, The Goodfather wrote:
In post 862, Cabd wrote:
In post 858, The Goodfather wrote:last question about the neighborhood, is one of you a neighborizer?

like did you all start the game knowing you were in a neighborhood, or was it something that you were notified about after the game had started??
How would this be alignment indicative at all?
it is not necessarily alignment indicative, but it might make more sense of muffins early day phase play.

I am still a bit thrown by his initial post where he seemingly arbitrarily decided a few reads.

He didn't name either of the members of his neighborhood
In post 152, zMuffinMan wrote:katsuki is town, foutrouble is town, mafiassk is maybe town, selkies is scum
Plus it would help analyze early town reads from the three of them. What if they made reads before they were all invited to the neighborhood? and what if those reads changed after talking in the qt?

Knowing the sequence of events will help when analyzing early day phase posting. That seems pretty straightforward to me. I also want to have a better understanding of the game mechanics. i have not come across neighborhoods firsthand before, and asking questions is the best way for me to learn how it works

i mean i suppose you could argue that i told him to say this (though that would completely destroy your theory about scum not controlling interactions so i suppose this isn't an option for you)? or that he was trying to wifom or something? even though all signs point to the obvious; that he didn't know about the neighbourhood and was trying to extract more information
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

I guess i'll hammer.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

Huh, first game post with the new avatar, I did a double take for a second there.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

l o l
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Cabd »

VOTE: notsci

if by some reach he was town, well... fuck him for doing what he did, and congrats scumteam?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Natirasha »

With Natirasha gone tending to the flaming-steak-sauce-man, the rest of the orphans explored at their own free will. Of course, first they raided the pantry...

But, something was amiss! Where were the Cheetos? Someone had stolen the Cheetos! Looking around, however, they found a trail of crumbs leading outside...

Where they found Spider-Man.

"But, why, Spider-Man!" The masked man did not respond. Before he could escape, one of the orphans ripped off his mask...and what they saw surprised them more than anything!

"Squawk!"

notscience, Mafia Jack of All Trades
, was unmasked day five.

It's night five. Deadline is sometime in the future or something I dunno.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Natirasha »

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Who could be knocking on the door at this time of night, Natirasha thought.

CRACK

"NATIRASHA! I'm here for that delinquent!" The door slammed open, revealing the ever-so-pleasant face of Detective Brunch.

"I refuse to hand over one of my charges, Brunch. They are under my care for a reason." The wings on Natirasha's back flared out, protecting the blue-donned child.

"He killed an innocent child!"

"So? Every goddamn person you sent me is a murderer of some sort!"

"Ah, but I'm just the distraction! Get 'im boys!"

"No!" It seemed Natirasha's world was starting to crash.

Cabd, Town Even-Night Compulsive Vig
, was hijacked by ninjas night five.

It is now day six.

(expired on 2014-04-01 21:00:00)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

so continuing with where i was before nati rudely closed the thread on me
nacho wrote:Bert really wasn't a viable wagon of the game either: and yet, he ended up strongly town reading him and buddying up to him like crazy (similar way to how Notscience treated Bert). In the case of you and Notscience, you were null leaning townreads that he never understood, never attempted to understand, never voted.
a quick ctrl+F of his ISO shows this is wrong. considering at one point he quite literally calls me one of his strongest town reads and certainly the strongest in the neighbourhood, that sounds like the very definition of buddying up to me like crazy, no?

like, the reason interaction-hunting like this is bullshit is that if he wasn't super strong buddying me, then omg that's how scum interact. now that i've pointed out you're actually wrong about this, you're going to turn around and say, omg super strong town read, that's how scum interact!

even though it'll be a completely contradictory stance, you're not looking to assess things critically, you're looking for stuff to fit a conclusion
nacho wrote:I really wasn't a viable wagon at that point either
in other words, you weren't going to be lynched and he voted you. how is that not the classic definition of distancing?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 651, notscience wrote:
In post 650, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 640, notscience wrote:Cabd after we lynch scum-aronis can we lynch the everliving fuck out of IdiotKing
no

but remind me to come back to this at a later stage and talk about what i think this means if any of you, aronis or idiotking ever flip scum
So, after we lynch Aronis and he flips scum?

okay.
also, this specifically is what i was talking about at the end of yesterday with notscience also being totally unaware of the neighbourhood
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Selkies »

this is a nightmare scenario.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

y
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Selkies »

Recent history.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”