Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by jklash12 »

I am not overly worried about innocent's RVS vote but his defensiveness of late seems survivalistic.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Defending myself against accusations that completely ignore my posts is scummy? How?

I want to understand why people FOS me. If it's gut, then it's gut and that's fine. But if it's some BS reason or something that I can't understand I will inquire further/clarify. There's nothing scummy about that. If you really want to blame an "instigator", blame the people who are trying to vote me with their illogical attacks.
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Zephyrus »

I think the vote count on Inovil is 3 or 4... gonna wait till we get a mod count since Im lazy :D
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 51, innocentvillager wrote:Defending myself against accusations that completely ignore my posts is scummy? How?...
The way you defend yourself is not very townie. Swearwords don't add much logic to you defences.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 52, Zephyrus wrote:I think the vote count on Inovil is 3 or 4... gonna wait till we get a mod count since Im lazy :D
This is mafia-lazy to me. Only 10 posts earlier you are asked not to put innocent at L-1, and there is not much written since then.
So, you are just skimming the posts?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:11 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 41, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 29, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:... As the IC, I'm here to answer questions and provide some order to the game while also playing the game. If you have some question not related directly to your role (those questions should be sent to Ser Arthur Dayne) feel free to ask them. It is much better to ask a question than to blunder and hurt the town accidentally...
So, are you getting an idea about who you want to shoot at after nightfall?
An informative answer will certainly not hurt the town. :cop:
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:13 am

Ugh, tired. Have I also stopped beating my wife, eh Billi?

~~

I actually believe IV and was going to question Billi for seriously researching IV's statement. You can actually tell that his original post isn't intended to be serious with the opening phrasing of "I tell you", that's not the way you phrase a serious statement of fact it's instead something you say attached to a joke.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 56, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Ugh, tired. Have I also stopped beating my wife, eh Billi?

~~

I actually believe IV and was going to question Billi for seriously researching IV's statement. You can actually tell that his original post isn't intended to be serious with the opening phrasing of "I tell you", that's not the way you phrase a serious statement of fact it's instead something you say attached to a joke.
:wink:
~~
Well, I couldn't tell it wasn't serious. Especially since he tried to get a bandwagon started. Don't have the full power of english understatements. (English is my second language.)
With no posts coming in, and nothing good on TV, I had time to research, and it's not bad to look at co-players, especially when you have statements like this to work with.
So, DDD, how do you like innocents replies to the small pressure created from his initial not-serious statement?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 53, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 51, innocentvillager wrote:Defending myself against accusations that completely ignore my posts is scummy? How?...
The way you defend yourself is not very townie. Swearwords don't add much logic to you defences.
Give me ONE place where I used a
swear word
in a derogatory sense so far. ONE.

Tbh I normally swear anyway but I just re-ISO'd myself and I literally did not swear at all in a derogatory way. "Holy shit" was not part of my defense or derogatory. "BS" is not swearing.
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Zephyrus »

In post 54, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 52, Zephyrus wrote:I think the vote count on Inovil is 3 or 4... gonna wait till we get a mod count since Im lazy :D
This is mafia-lazy to me. Only 10 posts earlier you are asked not to put innocent at L-1, and there is not much written since then.
Im lazy and that equates me to being mafia. Seems like you're looking for any kind of opening to point fingers at.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 am

In post 57, Billi bilaði wrote:So, DDD, how do you like innocents replies to the small pressure created from his initial not-serious statement?
I don't have a problem with it; there are times when it's best to try to ignore something but in this case I think it would be the right call to attack the point given its relative popularity and thus I don't have any problem with what IV has done.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 1.02
  • innocentvillager (3) -
    fused_shadows, PrivateI, randomidget
  • Billi bilaði (1) -
    jklash12
  • fused_shadows (1) -
    innocentvillager
  • randomidget (1) -
    Zephyrus
  • PrivateI (1) -
    dawn_to_dusk
  • jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Zephyrus (0) -

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (0) -

• Not Voting (2) – Billi bilaði, Debonair Danny DiPietro
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is ~12AM EDT April 6
Countdown: (expired on 2014-04-06 00:00:00)

fused_shadows V/LA for 2-3 days
[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 58, innocentvillager wrote:...Give me ONE place where I used a
swear word
in a derogatory sense so far. ONE...
I never said it was derogatory, but in post 47: "... every single fricking game..." tells me this annoy's you pretty much; and I think that is good enough for further prodding. Maybe that's just your (current) playstyle, but it surely gets my attention.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 59, Zephyrus wrote:
In post 54, Billi bilaði wrote:
Im lazy and that equates me to being mafia. Seems like you're looking for any kind of opening to point fingers at.
Oh, yes, of course I'm looking for any kind of openings. Talking about the weather wont give much results, I believe.
This isn't enough of a tell to put a vote on you, but it sure puts you on the radar.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 60, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 57, Billi bilaði wrote:So, DDD, how do you like innocents replies to the small pressure created from his initial not-serious statement?
I don't have a problem with it; there are times when it's best to try to ignore something but in this case I think it would be the right call to attack the point given its relative popularity and thus I don't have any problem with what IV has done.
I'm curious about how this will play out in the end. It will be informative.

So, any other topics to discuss?
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:37 am

Post by jklash12 »

Can any of the three votes on IV please explain your vote because all the votes on IV came before what I thought was a little fishy from IV?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

RVS mate. It was a little odd, so I put pressure on too see what happened.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:07 pm

In post 65, jklash12 wrote:Can any of the three votes on IV please explain your vote because all the votes on IV came before what I thought was a little fishy from IV?
Why on Earth would you think survivalism is dubious? I have one piece of information available to me on day one, that I'm town and if I get lynched then I haven't made use of that information because I've allowed a town player to get lynched. I know IV is an SE but I consider the ability to survive the most useful ability of any new town player because very rarely does anyone have a good feel for scumhunting so simply keeping oneself alive and out of the lynch pool is extremely valuable.
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Zephyrus »

UNVOTE: randommidget
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

DDDs last post (67) doesn't sit right with me. I think he's drawing our attention away from the content of innocents defenses and into the logic of "if you defend yourself aggressively enough, then you can't be mafia". It goes against all my experience as a mafia-player (which is, nota bene, all in a different language).
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:27 am

In post 69, Billi bilaði wrote:DDDs last post (67) doesn't sit right with me. I think he's drawing our attention away from the content of innocents defenses and into the logic of "if you defend yourself aggressively enough, then you can't be mafia". It goes against all my experience as a mafia-player (which is, nota bene, all in a different language).
Probably doesn't sit right with you because you're misreading it; show me where I said defending yourself aggressively made you town. Just because I don't think the actions described make him mafia; that doesn't mean I think he's town.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

It's all based on the first sentence of post 67: "Why on Earth would you think survivalism is dubious?" The flavor that statement gives me, sets the mindset for the reading of the rest of the post.
I can well be reading way too much into the "Why on Earth" part. My "aggressively" comment, is an overstatement. (I tend to overstate things.)
But my feel was that you claimed all survivalism to be good regardless of content.
But I also note that you say now (and have said before, I believe) that the actions in question don't make him mafia in your book. Having said that, it looks to me that you want to force that opinion on the rest of us.

It will be informative to see how this all plays out.

So, the next question is: Are we giving others some freebee lurk-time while discussing this to the ground?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Unvote InnocentVillager

Still don't think putting pressure on him is getting us anywhere further. Debonair, if your lynch as a townie would lead to a mafia being lynched, would you still survival over a mafia death? (Unless town were at LyLo)
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:35 am

Post by PrivateI »

Zephyr, there has officially been a votecount posted, and you never gave us your thoughts. What do you think of InnocentVillager?
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 71, Billi bilaði wrote:It will be informative to see how this all plays out.
I am feeling as though it has played out...what result are you expecting to see?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”