Newbie 1486: Sandcastle Mafia--Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 123, Malakittens wrote:If one of you flips and the flip is scum then the other one of you gets insta-rope. Your interactions between each other are bothering me.

Also I love how Grib is going after Slimer for *observing* yet not goin after me for wanting to do a similar thing.

Also when I said Day 1 in a prev post I meant Day 2. I'm always stronger as teh game goes on, but day 1
Is a weakness.

Gn now
Please keep that promise.

Do you want me to? Never at any point have I gotten the feeling that you could be scum. I'm not interested in pursuing you right now. But while you're here, do you have any thoughts to share? Anything at all?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Grib »

Actually, now that you mention it, you're the one who wants a D1 lynch so it doesn't make much sense that you're not participating all that much.

Meh. I'll come back to you later if I need to. I'm not getting a scum vibe from you and I'm fine with my vote right where it is for the time being.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Grib »

Sorry, almost forgot to respond to this.
In post 122, theslimer3 wrote:Glib, if I were calling you scum, then my first sentence, "you shouldn't force ideas from things," would basically be saying "I know you're scum, but stop being scummy."
And what are these several implications you're speaking of?

A game character once said that the way you act in the real world comes out through games in the way you play. I'm a very cautious person out there in the big real world and as scum I go over my messages twice or three times before sending them, and hesitate to send them unless they're logical. I'm somewhat like that as town, but in a different sense. Instead of focusing everything on a moment, I try to save up as much as I can, so that when I actually do say something, it can be thought over enough. I'm not the type to just think problems are solved by facing them head on and then trying to go on from there. I must know what I'm facing to get the greatest success out of my attempts.
I'm not changing that no matter how much you think me to be doing nothing. There's still time and I intend on using that.

as far as page 1, I said I don't participate in RVS. It's not my style of data collection anyway

@question: It means you're misdirecting information. Example.
Person wrote:I'm a killer
You kill people? Why are you killing people? They have lives too just like you. Are you going to kill me?
Meaning wrote:I'm an exterminator and I kill bugs
At a glance 98% of this appears to be irrelevant. If there's anything you seriously want me to address then please trim the fat.

I've done way too much talking. Time for me to ~*observe*~.

P.S. You ignored my question again. Why are you calling me Glib.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Glib pls
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Grib »

Okay I changed my mind. I don't want to deliberately ignore you.
In post 122, theslimer3 wrote:Glib, if I were calling you scum, then my first sentence, "you shouldn't force ideas from things," would basically be saying "I know you're scum, but stop being scummy."
And what are these several implications you're speaking of?

A game character once said that the way you act in the real world comes out through games in the way you play. I'm a very cautious person out there in the big real world and as scum I go over my messages twice or three times before sending them, and hesitate to send them unless they're logical. I'm somewhat like that as town, but in a different sense. Instead of focusing everything on a moment, I try to save up as much as I can, so that when I actually do say something, it can be thought over enough. I'm not the type to just think problems are solved by facing them head on and then trying to go on from there. I must know what I'm facing to get the greatest success out of my attempts.
I'm not changing that no matter how much you think me to be doing nothing. There's still time and I intend on using that.

as far as page 1, I said I don't participate in RVS. It's not my style of data collection anyway

@question: It means you're misdirecting information. Example.
Person wrote:I'm a killer
You kill people? Why are you killing people? They have lives too just like you. Are you going to kill me?
Meaning wrote:I'm an exterminator and I kill bugs
Implications that I'm acting scummy? Scan through your last few posts, I wouldn't want to latch onto them again.

Guess I'll just have to take your word for it and leave it at that. And you are doing nothing. You're doing nothing on Day 1. I'm looking forward to some real activity from you in the future.

Lies. I've scanned through some of your past threads, and you participated a decent amount.

That's a horrible example. Someone would only phrase it that way to deliberately mislead everyone. If the meaning isn't clear then wrong conclusions will be drawn. Address those conclusions and they can be fixed. It's not that difficult.

((sorry, I tried to get this done before you posted. Bleh)
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Grib »

Can I call you Srimer then. Are these going to be our pet names.
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by Android122 »

I have to agree with Grib here Slimer (and by extension Mala) its all well and good you saying you want to observe, but what if everyone played by that strategy, then no-one would post and scum would auto win. Due to this I no longer think you are town, in fact I will go where Grib was reluctant to go and say that I think you are scum, same to you Mala, although to a lesser extent, since he has at least tried to contribute a bit without giving any reads. For clarification I now have 3 scum reads, in order of significance these are Slimer, volition and Mala. Even if slimer isn't scum, he is being bad town, which is better lynch than a good town.

As such

Vote: theslimer3
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Post by Android122 »

what is everyone else's opinion on slimer and mala just sitting back and observing?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 132, Android122 wrote:what is everyone else's opinion on slimer and mala just sitting back and observing?
Man for the love of everything good. I'm not really sitting back I'm actually giving scum reads out just not town reads. I wanted to see how Grib reacted if I called him out. I'm not playing at all like Slimer. He's basically interacting with one person. Also you didn't comment on my 'if one of Slimer or Grib flips scum then the other is likely scum'.

Also considering Grib said keep that promise goes either way. Because if Slimer flips scum I'm content to go after him, but if Grib flips scum and Slimer is town,
Grib would be happy for the easy mislynch. Or he's trying to distance
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Vote Count 1.04:

With nine alive, it takes five to lynch!

Volition (L-2): Charlie, Kake, Malakittens
Android122 (L-4): Volition
saltrox (L-5):
Grib (L-4): bilgpk
Kake (L-5):
bilgpk (L-4): saltrox
theslimer3 (L-3): Grib, Android122
Charlie (L-5):
Malakittens (L-5):

Not voting: theslimer3

V/LA:

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-04-06 14:12:28)
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:06 am

Post by Grib »

This is going to be so awkward if Slimer and I are both town.

@Mala, let's go with with your first scenario. Slimer flips scum, I'm lynched the next day, and I flip town. What then?

@Android, in post 80 you said you were confident Mala and I are town. Do you still feel that way? And do you agree with Mala in that if I/Slimer flips scum then the other is also scum?
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Android122 »

As stated, I have a slight scum read on Mala due to his style of play. I am still wholly confident that you (grib) are town. As such I don't think you would flip scum. In my opinion if slimer (potentially) flips scum, there is no reason for it to be alignment indicative for you, as the interaction between the two of you could be looked at in various ways, so reading too much into this can quickly lead to false lynches. To be honest, and I want to stress that this is not a strong opinion based on a lot of evidence, but if there was a scum pair it would be saltrox and slimer because they have both tried to make Grib, who I personally think is our strongest player, look bad. However again this is just a hunch, as they both provide good reasoning for doing this.

Also as individuals my opinion still stands that slimer then volition then Mala still stands.

SUMMARY; to bring together all that waffle I simply wanted to say that if Slimer or Saltrox are scum, this reflects badly on the other in my opinion.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 101, saltrox wrote:@Charlie
How is wagoning useful if it's pre-decided who it's going to be on? In my experience it's seeing who jumps on wagons and when that's the most useful information and you can't get that if everyone agrees to vote for a specific person in advance. If you're suggesting that more pressure should be put on people then why not question them?
We have 10 days, no need to get hasty with lynching, plenty more time for discussion to get a much out as of people as possible before we lynch.
It's a dynamic process, wagons form and disband in most cases and leaves behind things that can be analyzed. It's beneficial to to town for the discussion. However if it happens too much then it gets stale and instead be detrimental... do you follow?

And where in that did you conjecture that am I hasty, I ask you, do you think it's suspicious?

---
In post 109, Grib wrote:
In post 107, Volition wrote:it is android he is the mafia maybe not kake maybe charlie for voting me
In post 108, Volition wrote:and also because charlie is irritating
Are you even trying.

I mean thanks for finally posting, but really.
No words for this as it speaks for itself (I am in agreement with the above quote)

---
In post 132, Android122 wrote:what is everyone else's opinion on slimer and mala just sitting back and observing?
Our dear Mala-cat IC isn't acting all like jittery scum-IC. In old terms I'd say weak town read but seriously does that term even exist anymore.

---

Here, take this thing:
In post 134, penguin_alien wrote:Vote Count 1.04:

Volition (L-2):
Charlie, Kake, Malakittens

saltrox (L-5):
Kake (L-5):
Charlie (L-5):
Malakittens (L-5):

V/LA:

And add colours to it to do a vote count analysis.
Rinse, repeat and you'll be playing what was called playing the game by vote count analysis (or by wagons, something like that)
Not everyone likes these things but I like it. Different methods and such. The interpretation is usually a balance, and works better in bigger games (dunno about the validity in smaller games like a newbie one)
At this point, if Volition gets lynched and flips TOWN, I'd be taking a closer look at theslimer3 for not voting.
Again, EMPHASIS that I use this method as my own and it's a dynamic process, one reading isn't enough and too many makes it tedious and unreliable.
Kindness
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 135, Grib wrote:This is going to be so awkward if Slimer and I are both town.

@Mala, let's go with with your first scenario. Slimer flips scum, I'm lynched the next day, and I flip town. What then?

@Android, in post 80 you said you were confident Mala and I are town. Do you still feel that way? And do you agree with Mala in that if I/Slimer flips scum then the other is also scum?
I'm not confident on either of you being scum, but you back and forth is bothering me. If Slimer flips scum and you were to flip town I'd evaluate in light of those flips with new information at hand and go from there.

I'm glad you brought up the android point because I was going too. There was no mention of a scum Mala until recently which looks optimist to me.
In post 136, Android122 wrote:As stated, I have a slight scum read on Mala due to his style of play. I am still wholly confident that you (grib) are town. As such I don't think you would flip scum. In my opinion if slimer (potentially) flips scum, there is no reason for it to be alignment indicative for you, as the interaction between the two of you could be looked at in various ways, so reading too much into this can quickly lead to false lynches. To be honest, and I want to stress that this is not a strong opinion based on a lot of evidence, but if there was a scum pair it would be saltrox and slimer because they have both tried to make Grib, who I personally think is our strongest player, look bad. However again this is just a hunch, as they both provide good reasoning for doing this.

Also as individuals my opinion still stands that slimer then volition then Mala still stands.

SUMMARY; to bring together all that waffle I simply wanted to say that if Slimer or Saltrox are scum, this reflects badly on the other in my opinion.
You stated it only because I drew attention to it. Had I not said anything you still would be town reading me. Also if you look further which (hint: you're not.) I'm not at all playing like Slimer. I'm asking questions, drawing things from it
while
observing.

This is the first time you brought up my playstyle. At least others had commented on me keeping reads close to the chest. However you are just sheeping others.

It's actually is sorta alignment indicative as I believe they are distracting with this back and forth. Although it could be town town too, along with scum town, but it can also be scum scum. I'm pretty confident with the latter than the two formers. Also it not like town can be accurate as hell and lynch perfectly. False lynches happen based on information of flips, interactions etc. berating me for possibly lining up lynches due to currently gut feels on information is kinda well dumb. Don't mean to offend, but it comes off like that.

~

Charlie caught up yet nothing significant stands out from his post.

Also I find it odd that no one has commented on my Voli reason to vote him. No one.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Grib »

@Mala
"I'm not confident on either of you being scum"
"I'm pretty confident with [scum scum] than [town town/scum town]"

Pick one.

If we manage to lynch scum on day 1 I might actually weep.
In post 117, Malakittens wrote:VOTE: Voli

slight minor towntell went stale.~
Okay, Volition. At first he immediately went after Kake and myself and...never really gave a reason for that. From his second post on he's been after Android mostly, and hasn't given any constructive insight as to why. He's also very hypocritical, attacking Android for making filler posts to appear active without actually contributing. Definitely acting odd, but nothing that screams "vote for me." The three of you who voted for him, what are you guys thinking?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Malakittens »

I already picked one. I believe it's scum/scum interactions over all the latter, but I'm NOT COMPLETELY sold on it. So, yes I'm being waffley.

I should get off this site. I'm freaking the fuck out and it's not at all mafia related, but it will seep into my posts and is making me not have a clear head and getting me too "panicky".

For me Voli is acting different than his last game he replaced into. At first I saw his opening post as scummy (yes gut feel and all), but then I went and read his last completed game and he replaced in with a similar matter, but then he explained it. This game he did similar, but didn't explain it as he did there along with his current posts I'm not liking it.

Kake
Kake
Townie
Kake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Kake »

@Grib Personally, I feel the same about Volition. I'm not going off you, I had said my reasoning in an earlier post, here:
In post 65, Kake wrote:And Volition...being a hypocrite much? If you're making an accusation, the very least you could have done is quote android's posts. You could be possibly be mafia trying to lynch a townie quickly. With these random accusations, unless you were doing a RVS.
In post 23, Volition wrote:LETS cut the motherfuckin crap and start off by saying that kake and grib are the goddamn mafia
You gave no reason why we could be possibly mafia. If you were trying to do a RVS, then it wasn't really necessary to say that, now was it?
And just a thought, but it even looked like you were trying to do the same with android, but you remembered to give a reason, so you came up with you seemed to see what's wrong with his posts.
VOTE: Volition
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 am

Post by saltrox »

Apologies for not posting the last dayish. Been pretty ill but hopefully on the mend soon so I'll be able to do a big post tomorrow.

I think that Grib and theslimer3 have taken a certain dislike to each other, almost for sport. Not sure if flipping one will reveal the other as I feel that Grib may be town but has just started on theslimer3 and is too far gone to stop any time soon. However I still feel we'd get more information from lynching theslimer3 at this stage than Volition. While I agree that volition is extremely random and not very helpful. If he is scum, I don't think he's going to be much use to them either.

I'm not sure Android, why you've said I've tried to make Grib look bad, because if I have that wasn't my intention. I know I said that I thought he was digging too much on some stuff but that wasn't me saying I thought he was scummy, just that it wasn't helping the game that much and was hard to wade through to find the post with more information in.

I'm keeping my vote on bilgpk for the moment because they haven't done anything to suggest that they're not scum or made a helpful contribution to the town thus far but they may change when I've had the chance to properly go through the last day and bring myself up to date.

Going to stop now because the reading's making me dizzy but will hopefully be more thorough and coherent either this evening or tomorrow.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:02 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Vote Count 1.05:

Volition (L-2): Charlie, Kake, Malakittens
saltrox (L-5):
Kake (L-5):
Charlie (L-5):
Malakittens (L-5):

V/LA:

Prodding bilgpk
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:53 am

Post by theslimer3 »

I still don't understand what makes me scum if all I'm doing is observing at the moment. If anything, scum is more inclined to try and pull lynches on people they're observing when they find something significant and logical enough to float on, not let everything stay to himself.

However, I guess I'll just say what I'm thinking:
Andriod:
Seems a lot like an opportunist to me. The vote on blig makes sense, barring the idea that he was sheeping, but when he voted me, it was an incredibly odd transition.
He compared my way of thinking to everyone else's, then voted me because "if everyone thought like me, scum would autowin", being as everyone clearly does not think like me, and this was more of a tumblewagon starter. That makes me think that maybe he is after a lynch, and not a scum lynch.

Blip:
Newbie in all senses of the word. If he's scum, we'll most likely catch him slipping up, if he isn't replacing. If he's town, I have a feeling I'll see that as well.

Charlie:
He seems to be rather analytical and I like that (course). He does chime in a lot, and has a moderate flow of his information. It leads me to believe that he's town.

Glib:
I don't think I need to explain how I feel about him, but I'll say it anyway.
Glib is playing this game in a fashion of that which is jumping to conclusions, which isn't a good way to play a mafia game, ESPECIALLY in a newbie where the mass of players could end up sheeping him on his nitpicking and quickmindedness. He seems to have a different opinion of this however, saying that if this is done, the truth can be found. This is partially true, but not if he believes everything he says. He seems to forget that he's drawing conclusions from a 100x microscope and it's doing more harm than good.
I could honestly say he could be scum or town at this point. Especially if he continues to force his hand like this.

Kake:
Haven't posted much, but considering that she's newbie and her opinions aren't as straight forward or pushing as most scum newbie's are, my opinion is that slot is probably town. But of course, that could change.

Mala:
Hasn't really said much that could tip me off in either direction, but from the amount of games I've played and seen her play, I think I can gut say town at the moment. Once again, this could easily change.

Sax:
Very vocal in opinions, expressive and isn't very jumpy when it comes to conclusions. He's also good at clarifying. Town. K?

Volition:
Not quite sure what to say about this yet. Needs more observation to be perfectly honest, I'm not even going to guess.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:56 am

Post by theslimer3 »

I will say that some of those opinions seem a bit forced for the game has just begun and there isn't really enough evidence to go on, but from what I'm seeing as of right now, these are my reads. I really would like Volition and Kake to say more though, it's really hard to read them from their small dialogue. Talk about a puppy or something, I dunno
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hmm. Maybe Slimer town, maybe.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Grib »

@Slimer To be fair, from my perspective it really does look like you're not doing anything, so if you really do deliver from Day 2 onward then I apologize. It's highly unlikely you're going to be lynched, so if we both live to the second day I'll go back and reevaluate my reads. After this post I have a sinking feeling you're town and I just went a little crazy, but it's not concerning me enough to change my vote. I do agree with you about Android, though. Suddenly switching his vote full force over to you felt too artificial, especially after he and I argued over your alignment for a bit. Do you have an idea of who could be his partner? (Yes/no question, I'm not asking for a super revealing eight-page essay)

@Saltrox You're half right. I don't dislike him, but I've put so much energy into attacking him that I'd feel so dumb to suddenly just go "yeah never mind." And I'm still convinced he's scum. Mostly convinced. There's no way to be 100% sure.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

144 was a pretty
Good post in my Ionian
By Slimer.

There's town motivation I n that if you don't really see it.

I should add a rule that people should attempt to post 24 hours because the inaccurate might kill us z

@blob avatar: you post you thinkyoumight be wrong and he could be town yet you won't switch your vote bothers me. Even if a person is Slighty town eve if its a gut feel and you think they could be town you shud unvote.

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Prodding Volition

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”