Raging Bull (2) - Number_0ne, Faster Than Light
iamsteve (2) - Raging Bull, undo
Remilia Scarlet (1) - notSakura
Shattered Viewpoint (1) - Tanzklaue
InsidiousLemons (1) - Cheery Dog
Empking (1) - Shattered Viewpoint
undo (1) - iamsteve

Not voting (1) - thenewearth

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 4/7, 17:30 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2014-04-07 17:30:00).
Last edited by pieguyn on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 121, iamsteve wrote:
In post 119, iamsteve wrote: CD: Odd case. "terrible shot" could be a scumslip I suppose, but I find his explaination plausible.
I refer to CD's explaination there!
How are you capable of getting scumslip out of it?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
iamsteve
iamsteve
Townie
iamsteve
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Post by iamsteve »

If you say "terrible shot" you might say that because you know it is a terrible shot, because you know my alignment. That would be a scumslip, right?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 127, iamsteve wrote:If you say "terrible shot" you might say that because you know it is a terrible shot, because you know my alignment. That would be a scumslip, right?
But if I were scum, you being town would be a good shot for me?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
Goon
Raging Bull
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by Raging Bull »

But as mafia, would you still say good shot or terrible shot?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:34 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 129, Raging Bull wrote:But as mafia, would you still say good shot or terrible shot?
I'd ignore it tbh.
Number_0ne
Number_0ne
Goon
Number_0ne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 am

Post by Number_0ne »

Well, I'm not liking SV's attitude very much. No content in his posts and a stance that blocks conversation. (Oh, the hypocrisy.)

SV, why are you more focused on getting a lynch compared to finding scum?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:12 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 130, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 129, Raging Bull wrote:But as mafia, would you still say good shot or terrible shot?
I'd ignore it tbh.
You would ignore a page-two fake vig shot as scum? :/
In post 131, Number_0ne wrote:Well, I'm not liking SV's attitude very much. No content in his posts and a stance that blocks conversation. (Oh, the hypocrisy.)

SV, why are you more focused on getting a lynch compared to finding scum?
Yeah, SV's gameplay is weird. I've looked through the first few pages of his meta, too; he usually doesn't post much, but he doesn't take an active DISINTEREST in the gameplay. I dunno.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:19 am

Post by thenewearth »

Ok I think I have the gist of everything

Page 1 was just Standard RVS stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary
In post 27, InsidiousLemons wrote:Meh. Not that serious. While Cheery seems to more want to encourage discussion, steve just seems to want to attack people straight off for mostly crap reasons. We'll see if that trend continues, in the meantime VOTE: iamsteve
Ok so you're buddying Cheery Dog just like that. Plus you just 360 read steve.
Wow. Not sure if split personality or scumbag.
Most likely the latter
In post 28, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 23, InsidiousLemons wrote:Ah, okay. I thought you were trying to make a case on Remilia for joking about being given modkill powers.
Just because I responded with a stupid message to that doesn't mean I thought there was anything in there. Someone making comments on the rules won't mean anything about their alignment. It's possible they read that before they even got their role.
InsidiousLemons wrote:Meh. Not that serious. While Cheery seems to more want to encourage discussion, steve just seems to want to attack people straight off for mostly crap reasons. We'll see if that trend continues, in the meantime VOTE: iamsteve
You're expecting better from someone's first post?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: InsidiousLemons
At first I was going to say you were scum buds.
But naaahhh... You're just buddying Dog.
In post 29, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 27, InsidiousLemons wrote:Meh. Not that serious. While Cheery seems to more want to encourage discussion, steve just seems to want to attack people straight off for mostly crap reasons. We'll see if that trend continues, in the meantime VOTE: iamsteve
Curious as to how Steve got from 'being a newb just trying to get through RVS' to 'attacking people straight off for mostly crap reasons' within the span of 0 posts from him (especially since 23 sounded like a bit of steve-apologetics, tonewise)

-bork (I will sign my posts, gif may or may not)
Wh00p
Remi Town
Wh00p
At least you're out of the way
In post 34, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I doubt this game will be any fun at all.

Daykill: iamsteve

Vote: Empking
*sigh*

Here we go...
In post 35, InsidiousLemons wrote:Well okay then. Mod's most likely asleep, so we'll have a nice few hours to speculate and talk about what just happened. Shattered, why did you vote Empking?
And you who is so emotionless about the dayvig.

I'm pretty sure for someone new like you you'd at least be dumbfounded

buddies with SV, are we now?
In post 36, InsidiousLemons wrote:Also probably a better question, why did you daykill steve before he had a chance to say anything other than accusations? I agree he was a bit scummy, but I wasn't prepared to lynch him yet. I just hope you're right.
Plus I really feel like this was just a cover up for the earlier post
In post 57, InsidiousLemons wrote:As much as what shattered viewpoint did would have been a bad idea if he were vig, I feel like it was, in actuality, a badly set up reaction test. Who knows, there's a small chance steve might've scumclaimed, although I doubt it. I also feel like scum wouldn't draw that much attention to themselves right off the bat, but pretty much this exact thing happened tk mmea few games ago and the bastard ended up being scum who won. I'm nit saying it's likely, but it's certainly a possibility.
You thought it was a reaction test?

No matter what angle I look at it I can't see it as a reaction test. Not even a "Badly Setup Reaction test"

Now you're covering up SV's fuckup

Definitley buddies
In post 62, undo wrote:3 pages already? Am I the only one who lives in a reasonable timezone?

VOTE: iamsteve

You don't question OMGUS-RV unless you're scum trying too hard to fake scumhunt.

And
FoS: Shattered
. Pretending to be a dayvig and pushing for a lynch in page 3 is, at best, careless play. At worst, it's an "all-in" scum move. He's been around long enough to go for the latter.
dat sheeping.
In post 63, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 61, iamsteve wrote:
In post 57, InsidiousLemons wrote:As much as what shattered viewpoint did would have been a bad idea if he were vig, I feel like it was, in actuality, a badly set up reaction test. Who knows, there's a small chance steve might've scumclaimed, although I doubt it. I also feel like scum wouldn't draw that much attention to themselves right off the bat, but pretty much this exact thing happened tk mmea few games ago and the bastard ended up being scum who won. I'm nit saying it's likely, but it's certainly a possibility.
Hi again, InsidiousLemons :]

This is the third time you are jumping in to do the defense for someone, why? Aren't you curious how they are going to react towards the accusations themselves?

Btw: Do I come across offensive or something? Just trying to solve the game here.
I suppose I am being a bit overly defensive. At the same time, I still feel, as I said, that its far from impossible for SV to be scum. Also I like your play much more now, so UNVOTE: , VOTE: Shattered Viewpoint. If my reasoning ia correct, why did you feel the need to put THAT much pressure on steve? If its incorrect, please explain your actions.
You get called for defending a person, after that you vote the person you were defending. Now really... That was just... Really...

You panicky scum.
In post 68, dwsnsl5 wrote:In gonna go ahead and unvote iamsteve because his reaction to being "killed" wasn't what I would stereotype as scum. So there's that.
Tell me. What would the stereotypical reaction for a scum look like?
In post 93, InsidiousLemons wrote:Shattered Viewpoint: Very few posts, very little info. Null leaning slightly scum.

iamsteve: Again, null leaning scum. He's trying to build cases for reasons that aren't those one relies on to build a case, although his play has gotten a slight bit better since then. With three posts, it's hard to tell.

notSakura: Null. They seem to be trying to make an effort to scumhunt, but are also disinterested in the game and won't change votes from RVS. This could be each head of the hydra having different playstyles, but I'm reading Null because of the conflicting evidence. I'll wait and see.

Cheery Dog: I'm actually developing a scumread on this guy for some of the same reasons as steve, namely the post where he starts attacking RB for omgus'ing. wat. Also, buddying steve. Like, a lot. steve is the only person cheery's defending. The buddying combined with my null-scum read on steve is pretty damning.

undo: Literally 2 posts. Null, a bit of scumhunting in #62 I guess? Doesn't seem interested in the game.

pieguyn: Lol he's so obviously scum everyone vote him

Empking: A bit of scumhunting... sort of? His points are valid, but again, few posts = not much info. Slightly town.

Number_0ne: Two posts, again. Really? His point on SV is okay, but other than that there's nothing. Null.

dwsnsl5: One-line posts. Four of them. Null, AGAIN. I'm beginning to think it's too early for a reads list.

Faster Than light: Why do I even bother? Three informationless posts. Null.

Raging Bull: Null leaning town. I agree with her point on steve, but she too lacks enough info for anything but a nullish read.

Tanzklaue: I'm getting nothing from this guy either. I suppose he's applying pressure a bit, but again, few posts. Null leaning slightly town.

Remilia Scarlet: Extremely town. I love their play as I said before. Pressure and scumhunting in the right places, they don't miss a beat.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Cheery Dog for reasons stated above. He's my strongest scumread by far.

P-Edit: More crap from Cheery Dog, more good play from Remilia.
Now really... You develop a scum read for him for the same reason as steve.

WHICH earlier in the game, you were pretty much townreading him for almost the OPPOSITE reasons as steve.

Really? Seriously?
In post 94, Tanzklaue wrote:i am new and nervous, i will probably warm up later and get into the rhythm of things.
For some reason... I don't know why... I read tanz as town because of this.

Dafuq... WTF tanz...
In post 101, Faster Than Light wrote:i'm judging from all your posts (not many) and all of tanz posts

i just picked the most recent, appropriate and relevant example to quote.
Yeah... MS and Varsoon...? I... Uh... Uhg...

No

Just... No

ALL OF MY NO TO THIS

NO
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:20 am

Post by thenewearth »

So I

VOTE: Lemon

Desu
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:24 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 132, InsidiousLemons wrote:
I'd ignore it tbh.
You would ignore a page-two fake vig shot as scum? :/
That is indeed what I said, congratulations on being able to read. I believe the same would happen to any dayvig attempt real or fake. (can't know for sure until I roll scum in a game where someone does it of course)
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 am

@thenewearth
It's the first 5 pages. Reads change. I was in fact dumbfounded by the vig shot. Make of this what you will. Also I have a feeling dws isn't going to answer your question considering you're the one who replaced her.

@Cheery Dog
Since you've never been scum in a game with a page-2 vig shot, I won't ask you to recount your experiences. But why would it be benificial to Cheery-Scum to ignore a vig? Just above your post, (It seems) I appeared indifferent towards the vig shot and that contributed to newearth's scumread on me.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:16 am

Post by thenewearth »

Meh

I don't even notice who I replace lol

I was just making it as I go so whatevs
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:18 am

Post by thenewearth »

Also those "read changes", as I see it, are done at random.

Well... Not really random random

But "Influenced by what other people say" random. Which is Pretty scummy
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:21 am

Yeah, I guess so. Those are my reads though, take 'em or leave 'em.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:29 am

Post by thenewearth »

I am

Taking them as scummy reads anyways~ :3
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 am

Post by undo »

In post 128, Cheery Dog wrote: But if I were scum, you being town would be a good shot for me?
I'd ignore it tbh.
In post 135, Cheery Dog wrote: That is indeed what I said, congratulations on being able to read. I believe the same would happen to any dayvig attempt real or fake. (can't know for sure until I roll scum in a game where someone does it of course)
Cheery Dog, you talk too much about what you would do if you were scum, which is a classic scumtell. Especially that last sentence of yours is the worst thing you could say: "can't know until I roll scum in another game ['cause obviously I'm town in this one], of course".

Vote: Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 136, InsidiousLemons wrote: Since you've never been scum in a game with a page-2 vig shot, I won't ask you to recount your experiences. But why would it be benificial to Cheery-Scum to ignore a vig? Just above your post, (It seems) I appeared indifferent towards the vig shot and that contributed to newearth's scumread on me.
Being indifferent is different to ignoring.
But as you can see my reaction I had here has gained me a wagon, therefore not in scum's interest.
In post 141, undo wrote: Cheery Dog, you talk too much about what you would do if you were scum, which is a classic scumtell. Especially that last sentence of yours is the worst thing you could say: "can't know until I roll scum in another game ['cause obviously I'm town in this one], of course".

Vote: Cheery Dog
I'm having questions put to me that need answered in that way. I'm just stating facts, I'd rather not be self-metaing as well.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 116, notSakura wrote:Explain this, I've gotten nothing I'm really looking for out of those two.
Hey, you.

I dunno which head I'm dealing with here, but you guys claimed to want to interact with us and I IMMEDIATELY reached out to you and you guys have done absolutely fucking nothing with that. I'm patient, but I have no idea what you think you're expecting from our slot but the fact that you don't actually seem to be trying to read us while supposedly scrutinizing is really bizarre to me.
TNE wrote:So I

VOTE: Lemon

Desu
I like your point about post #63 but I was townreading him. I need to reread that slot.
CD wrote:Being indifferent is different to ignoring.
But as you can see my reaction I had here has gained me a wagon, therefore not in scum's interest.
God I hate this point. "This thing I did had negative consequences for me; there's no way I'd do it as scum"
If scum always knew how their posts would be interpreted as they made them, they'd pretty much never be caught by day play.

-b
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 133, thenewearth wrote:Now you're covering up SV's fuckup

Definitley buddies
Don't really agree with this conclusion, btw.

If IL flips scum, I don't see him very likely talking to hypothetical SV buddy and being like 'wow I sure hope that page 2 dayvig shot [that i totes know is fake because you're my partner] hits scum'. I see scum more likely ignoring a fake shot from his buddy. I think IL scum would point toward SV town.

-b
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Well I could also see scum more likely to ignore the fake dayvig.

But with an obvious fake dayvig like that

Ignoring the dayig is not really alignment indicative
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 143, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
CD wrote:Being indifferent is different to ignoring.
God I hate this point. "This thing I did had negative consequences for me; there's no way I'd do it as scum"
If scum always knew how their posts would be interpreted as they made them, they'd pretty much never be caught by day play.

-b
As such why I'd have ignored it.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

unvote
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Faster Than Light was prodded.
pieguyn
pieguyn