Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Ok tomorrow have everyone who voted me give CONCRETE reasons for why they did. Clearly I was not the only coaster for a few days. Pick new people to start fosing but don't get so tunnel-visioned that you fail to see how other people are doing.

And please stop scumhunting with the notion of "SURVIVALISM IS SCUMMY" and basing ANYTHING off of RVS. Please. If you get so fixed on an RVS tell that you start tunneling on them literally they're just screwed for the rest of the game because mafia can just come in and corroborate your suspicions.

So yeah look for people who are lurking and prod them for people but don't be hypocrites and single some lurkers out and ignore active lurkers that have posts but no content. And at least give them a chance to catch up please and then decide whether to vote them or not and give reasoning please.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

It would have been nice if you, innocent, would have followed your own advice.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Dang. I miss Wednesday and the first chance I get to log on on Thursday, and it is twilight. I don't like that lynch, in his first post I thuoght was a joke and I don't see why everyone attacked him for by saying he knowingly lied. I would have much rather lynched private. Someone said that Private has added stuff and IV hadn't, I don't think you can Private added more the IV.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Billi bilaði wrote:It would have been nice if you, innocent, would have followed your own advice.
Not sure what part you're talking about, but honestly there's no point in arguing about this anymore. Even if you think I'm being hypocritical for whatever reason that doesn't mean my advice doesn't hold any weight. The tunneling thing I'm looking especially at you, Billi. You're a great town player and you contribute a lot and that's great and all but if you want town to WIN (and if there's a doc you should protect Billi) you need to get over tunneling biases and don't stay so fixed on one person that you fail to seem them as anything but scum. It's something we all suffer from to some degree but it's better to mitigate these impulses as best as possible. Because that's how mafia gets an easy win; they just let you do the work for them.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:44 pm

I have a bad feeling scum is going to get away with the win this time. Oh well. Prove me wrong :)

Also jklash's above comment seems very genuine; it's hard to imagine scum faking that especially as a newbie. It also fits logically with his post . I read jklash as town.

Billi and random still look very town to me. DDD I'm not so sure on scum anymore but he's still leaning that way for me. I'd definitely watch out for Zephyr for scum; seems like classic newbscum that doesn't know how to contribute but just posts. Jake and dawn-to-dusk are also possible scumspects.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

innocentvillager -
Vanilla Townie
- lynched day 1.

48 hours to submit any actions.

(expired on 2014-04-06 02:00:00)

Vote Count 1.07
  • innocentvillager (5) -
    PrivateI, randomidget, Billi bilaði, Jake from State Farm, Debonair Danny DiPietro
    [Lynched]

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) -
    dawn_to_dusk, innocentvillager
  • PrivateI (1) -
    jklash12
  • Jake from State Farm (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• randomidget (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Zephyrus (0) -

• Not Voting (1) – Zephyrus
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is ~12AM EDT April 6
Countdown: (expired on 2014-04-06 00:00:00)

[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Won't be here on time, so you'll be getting this a few hours late. Sorry about that.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:23 am

Night 1 has ended. No one has died.

Vote Count 2.00
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro (0) -

• PrivateI (0) -

• Jake from State Farm (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• randomidget (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Zephyrus (0) -

• Not Voting (8) – Zephyrus, PrivateI, randomidget, Billi bilaði, Jake from State Farm, Debonair Danny DiPietro, dawn_to_dusk, jklash12
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 11PM EDT April 20
Countdown: (expired on 2014-04-20 11:00:00)

randomidget is on limited access for ~5 days.
[/i][/area]
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

If innocentvillager had posted his post-lynch posts in the L-1 phase, after hammer had been declared, I would have retracted my vote.

Initial thought for day 2 is that Jake from State Farm has the most opportunistic vote on the lynch-wagon. DDD is next on my "to watch" list.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

"... after hammer
intent
had been declared..." to be precise.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

So, can it be safely said that there is a Mafia roleblocker in this game?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Since when is a vote with a valid reasoning opportunistic? I'll answer my own question. It's not.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 210, Billi bilaði wrote:So, can it be safely said that there is a Mafia roleblocker in this game?
I'm really sorry, I haven't played THAT many newbie games (just like two), so I don't know how you came up with this assertion at all.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:29 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 210, Billi bilaði wrote:So, can it be safely said that there is a Mafia roleblocker in this game?
Why do you say that? I don't think there is proof to say there is one.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Yeah, we don't have any setup information we can trust. A jailkeeper, doctor, or one-shot bulletproof could prevent a kill as well as scum getting cute and submitting a no kill or more likely missing their deadline to submit a kill; too many options to say anything definitive.
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by Zephyrus »

Hm, if we don't know what setup this is (random roles is what I'm assuming). Then, I wonder if there is a cop who hasn't outed yet with his read, if there is cop...
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

if there is a cop, i would assume they keep the tell to themself. that way, if they find a mafia, they can reveal it. and if they find a civvy thats gonna be killed, they can prevent that.

on another note, i have no faith in this, but if mafia didnt kill due to inactivity, zeph may be mafia as he was very inactive during day 1. he was bumped (as was i, but i regained activity after that) and didnt hold activity much after that. he hasnt posted much worthwhile either.

again, i have no faith in this, but its just a thought
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:05 pm

f there is a cop try not to out yourself if you have an innocent result. If you have a guilty try to make a case on the person and try to convince others as to not out yourself. Only claim if you absolutely have to.

and since this happened recently, I feel like it must be said in all future newbie games. If you are a cop and you have a town read getting lynched but you never investigated them, do not lie and said you got an innocent result. That doesn't end well for town.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 215, Zephyrus wrote:Hm, if we don't know what setup this is (random roles is what I'm assuming). Then, I wonder if there is a cop who hasn't outed yet with his read, if there is cop...
In the second post there's a list of each of the six possible setups we're playing.
In post 216, dawn_to_dusk wrote:on another note, i have no faith in this, but if mafia didnt kill due to inactivity, zeph may be mafia as he was very inactive during day 1. he was bumped (as was i, but i regained activity after that) and didnt hold activity much after that. he hasnt posted much worthwhile either.

again, i have no faith in this, but its just a thought
Yeah, not buying it.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

I wont be on much until Thursday, but will be giving stuff thoughts.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 211, Jake from State Farm wrote:Since when is a vote with a valid reasoning opportunistic? I'll answer my own question. It's not.
Ah, but then it's a question if everybody agrees with the valid reasoning.

You sub in for a player who was very inactive, and with no town-tells. (Not so suspicious in it's own right.)

You test the waters for voting in this game with an unexplained vote to PrivateI. With no comments, you (if you were a mafioso) could deduct that it is ok to vote on shallow grounds in this game. (It's more mafia than town in my book, with no knowledge of you, but not in any strong way.)

You miss the main topic of day one. Why votes are accumulating on innocent, and when it is pointed out to you, you vote based on the initial lie, and don't seem to consider at all the comments and explanations that come in the pages in between. That smells stronger than the vote on PrivateI, and is opportunistic in my book.

You take part in both L-1's (the only player that does so, it seems to me, if I don't count DDD's hammer vote).

PS: I have thought a lot about if fused quit because he was mafioso. I have not reached a conclusion, and believe that if I would ask, the bulk of the answers would be that I should not use that as a base for a tell. Still, I decided to mention it as part of my case for a possible opportunistic play.

So, all in all, you have more points against you than for you as I'm currently reading the game. At this stage, though, not enough for me to vote you now.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 212, PrivateI wrote:
I'm really sorry, I haven't played THAT many newbie games (just like two), so I don't know how you came up with this assertion at all.
In post 213, jklash12 wrote:
Why do you say that? I don't think there is proof to say there is one.
In post 214, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Yeah, we don't have any setup information we can trust. A jailkeeper, doctor, or one-shot bulletproof could prevent a kill as well as scum getting cute and submitting a no kill or more likely missing their deadline to submit a kill; too many options to say anything definitive.
Ah, this was probably premature posting on my behalf.
I was thinking upon the maxtrix setup, and the possibility of a doctor having protected me, as my money was on me getting NK'd. I was seeing connections to a Roleblocker when I was called out of the house, and decided to send the post.
Still, as has been mentioned later, I am also on the line that the mafia would not have skipped killing. I think that could only happen by accident on night 1.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 89, Randomnamechange wrote:People really aren't active here...
Okay please can everyone give at least one read?
As I see it, we got named reads from 3 players on day 1 (random, Bb & innocent), and one unnamed read (DDD).

Are the experienced players happy with that?

Could everyone please give a read now?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:30 am

It doesn't matter if people think my reasons were valid, I know they were and that's all I care about.

If my vote on PI was so worrisome to you, why did you sheep me only 9 minutes later? Why didn't you ask me for a reason? ( oh and to put everything on the table , you were also on both L1's, not just me. Funny you leave that part out though )

Also if you were thinking a lot about fused replacing out, surely you noticed he hasn't had a post on site since his last post in this game, all the way back on March 24th.

That comment about the RB looks like he knows more about the setup than the rest of us. I literally just had a game where scum slipped about the setup.

So how's this for opportunistic for you

Vote: bob

I don't think you were the doc save, could of been a variety of things that happened

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 am

Helped if I got your name right. Smh

vote: billi

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”