beastcharizard (1) - Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc (1) - Turkish Van
GreyICE (1) - Kublai Khan
Guzame (1) - jbomber732
MafiaSSK (1) - notscience
PeregrineV (1) - Bicephalous Bob
Kublai Khan (1) - GreyICE

Not Voting (3) - Metal Sonic, Guzame, Hopkirk

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

Well... the QT you're talking about is in reference to some other game right? Surely?

please?

Iago
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am

Post by jbomber732 »

um *gives twisted amnesia* wat are you talking about? How about..we...pretend...that...post...never..happened.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

:facepalm:
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Please explain really hard. I'm so lost.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 337, Turkish Van wrote:Grey, I'm not sure about Khan right now; I agree that his stances are less than solid, but I'm also seeing some genuine attempts to figure people out in the process. I disagree about jbomber quite a bit though. His reaction to you calling him out on not voting doesn't read scummy. He eventually places a vote but didn't exactly leap to appease you in the process. I'd expect scum to move one way or hte other, especially with the slight town read on you he professed right around the time you called him out. Brown-nosing scum seem more likely to do that along with placing a vote, or get paralyzed and not vote at all.
Genghis has been a member since what, like 2008? He's had six years on site. He knows the basics of appearing town, he's just
really rusty at it.

Yah, the bomber is probably town tbh.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by jbomber732 »

Yeah I think jbomber is town too.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

Penguin and I have been discussing Jbomber. I was pushing something at first that I thought could be a scum-slip, but Jbomber's following posts after that read town. So no more discussing that. Jbomber is town as simple as that.

Jbomber, please do not discuss anything else related to the other game. Not even that we share a QT. We are both on thin ice right now. Please, please I ask this of you.

Everyone else let it go or else I will throw a fireball at you and I'm not afraid to do it.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Claim: Rumpelstiltskin

Try it you lousy hag.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

Hopkirk (3) - beastcharizard, Twisted Advice, MonkeyMan576
Bicephalous Bob (2) – PeregrineV, Antihero
burn (2) – LotU, SSK

Everything else looks to be a one vote wagon. Could we consider lynching scum today, please?

Iago
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by jbomber732 »

Sorry, I'm throwing for the mafia and I'm gonna lynch the most obvious towns.

On a serious note where is your second like hydra partner, because most of your posts seem to be "Iago" at the bottom
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Twisted Advice »

The really long unsigned posts are Jafar's. I prefer to spread out my contributions.

Iago
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by jbomber732 »

So do I!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 294, GreyICE wrote:Yo Genghis, you scum? Because after MoI I'm no longer believing that long walls full of zero content come from town because they are long and horribly, horribly written. Shall we summarize the content in yours?
*shrug* I'm being honest so I don't care what you think. Words like "obvtown", "obvscum", and "PSA: X is town" get thrown around and retracted with so much abandon that they are meaningless. Mafia is a game of nebulousness and doubt. None of my reads are ever going to be 100% unless the mod is involved. If you think that's a scumtell, then you're not as good as I thought. Vague waffling is a scumtell. Specific grievances aren't.
In post 294, GreyICE wrote:Grey: Null! Too good of a player (haha, thanks for the compliment. I guess I'm good enough to read you then)
Oh, no. No, no, no. I'm sorry, I did not mean to give you impression that I think you're anything but scum right now.
In post 309, Twisted Advice wrote:I would still like you to explain your awful reads too. Why do you refuse to do so?
I explained why. Apparently all you read was "blahblahblahihatehydrasblahblahblah". Maybe go back and answer my question first?
In post 315, Antihero wrote:ok, fine, i can kind of accept it if he thinks i'm scum and i'm taking advantage of hopkirk (i'm kind of an abrasive asshole sometimes). but, come on, beast is pretty obvtown and monkeyman isn't that far behind him. to my understanding, the beast case amounted to "he's aggressively pushing his hopkirk read", which is pretty weak. the monkey case is even thinner.
Gosh, the people I listed as "slightly scummy" on Page 10(ish.. whatever it was) have very thin cases on them. How atrociously suspicious of me.
In post 320, GreyICE wrote:My major reason is that in his 7 posts, he's managed to RVS vote with 2 of them, spent 3 of them debating with a random hydra about anonymous head reveal, asked a bunch of random questions in 1, and posted a read list that was "le wall de null" with his final.
I didn't RVS at all. Hydra quarrel was important to me. Random questions weren't. And the "le mur du nul" wasn't. Fall back and punt.
In post 330, Twisted Advice wrote:I had gotten the impression you were reading the thread, but you may have just proved me wrong.
If you don't care enough to summarize a case, then you're not serious about it.
In post 340, Antihero wrote:this would be good if khan was... i don't know.. an "intermediate" player (like me)

given his join date, i would think his scum game has advanced beyond that
It is. Playing scum is incredibly easier. All you have to do it randomly pacify people by calling them town. Don't state reasons for any read, let people infer whatever they want because it's easy to deny things you never stated. Threaten that you can change your mind on a whim to give yourself blanket immunity. And retaliate against anyone that puts suspicion on you first.

Somewhat related: have you checked out GreyICE's iso?

Also, my wiki isn't complete by any means. Site crashes have partially and wholly eliminated games so I don't bother updating it.
In post 344, Turkish Van wrote:What gets me about Kublai Khan's stance on Hopkirk and beast is that he doesn't have a clear read on Hopkirk any longer (citing post 174 as bad enough to throw his town read on Hopkirk into doubt) but he's still drawing conclusions about beast from beast's interactions with Hopkirk. The logic presented is disjointed in a way that could come from scum being artificial or town considering multiple angles. That he pings as town for other aspects of his play (willingness to be antagonistic, mostly) makes me lean town in his motivations.
Yeah, welcome to how I read every single one of you. Every comment everyone makes can be either a towntell or a scumtell depending on the personality and skill of the player making it. Take someone like jbomber732. Is he a clueless town idiot or is he good at faking it. I'm jealous of the days when I could say "wall = towntell" and mean it, but those days are long gone. I've seen too many good players to ever declare anything to be town or scum without reservation. That's one of the reasons I hate hydras so much. Figuring out a player's personality is tough enough. But two people? Who can discuss with each other? Fuck me. Hydras are always a wild card unless power roles help out.

I'm not making scum-groupings at this point because it's an execise in futility. I'm trying to hunt one scum at a time. Hopkirk is pretty transparent in his logical steps. He doesn't communicate it well, but it's there if you're willing to take the time to try to see things from his point of view. It's possible he's not town (stating you're initiating a "reaction test" when already under suspicion is not a pro-town move), but he's town enough that beastcharizard's vague yet insincere feelings are scummier.

And your summary of the Pick Your Poison game you saw me in is inaccurate. I played in a way to get myself run up Day 1
because
I was an Innocent Child. I figured it was a free Day 1 bandwagon. I'm going to assume that your description wasn't an attempt at a misrep.
In post 345, Antihero wrote:meh, antagonism is null unless it's serving a clear purpose to advance reads. i don't think complaining about hydras qualifies.
It does. I have a better baseline of the personalities I'm dealing with (since I can't shake the feeling that I probably know their main accounts).
In post 355, GreyICE wrote:Genghis has been a member since what, like 2008? He's had six years on site. He knows the basics of appearing town, he's just really rusty at it.
I can recognize baseless attempts to discredit someone calling you scum. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.
In post 359, Twisted Advice wrote:Hopkirk (3) - beastcharizard, Twisted Advice, MonkeyMan576
burn (2) – LotU, SSK

Everything else looks to be a one vote wagon. Could we consider lynching scum today, please?
What's your rush? We have like 18 days to discuss things.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 363, Kublai Khan wrote:Gosh, the people I listed as "slightly scummy" on Page 10(ish.. whatever it was) have very thin cases on them. How atrociously suspicious of me.
you apparently thought it was worth mentioning, so i think it's worth analyzing
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 359, Twisted Advice wrote:Hopkirk (3) - beastcharizard, Twisted Advice, MonkeyMan576
burn (2) – LotU, SSK

Iago
Seeing as all three of those wagons are likely on town, you answer me that question.

The only one I'm not confident in is bob.

Back tomorrow, don't lose your shit while I'm gone.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 364, Antihero wrote:
In post 363, Kublai Khan wrote:Gosh, the people I listed as "slightly scummy" on Page 10(ish.. whatever it was) have very thin cases on them. How atrociously suspicious of me.
you apparently thought it was worth mentioning, so i think it's worth analyzing
Was it? Product was exactly as advertised.

The thing worth analyzing is why you don't care that I ignored your other question.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Antihero »

i didn't ask another question
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Antihero »

yeah, i don't see a question that got ignored

deflect much?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 366, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 364, Antihero wrote:you apparently thought it was worth mentioning, so i think it's worth analyzing
Was it? Product was exactly as advertised.
so, because they're "weak" and only on page 10, i can't disagree with them and think you're scummy for them?

wait a second... isn't that the reason
you
scumread all those people in the first place?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 368, Antihero wrote:yeah, i don't see a question that got ignored
In post 315, Antihero wrote:now, i'd like to hear moar about the "strongest scumreads": grey and jbomber, which apparently failed to come up in the last post.
deflect much?
Deflecting what from what? There is literally nothing to deflect from. You are making no sense and I literally do not understand why you're painting completely benign reads with the brush of nefariousness. I'm not pushing a case against beastcharizard or MonkeyMan576. I don't care about them too much, but I have an eye on them. I can't fathom why anyone would care about a "slight scumread" more than a "scumread".

You don't really care about my scumreads, but want everyone to take notice of my "slight scumreads" by repeating it over and over again. So what is your angle?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 363, Kublai Khan wrote:And your summary of the Pick Your Poison game you saw me in is inaccurate. I played in a way to get myself run up Day 1 because I was an Innocent Child. I figured it was a free Day 1 bandwagon. I'm going to assume that your description wasn't an attempt at a misrep.
Like I said, I didn't read the whole game because I replaced into the claimed one-shot cop slot overnight and the last scum got quicklynched the next day. Just checked out the generalities of what happened. Interesting choice to get yourself run up as the IC, but one can hardly argue with the outcome of a game that lynched all three scum by the end of Day Three.

So I'll assume that you're quite capable of not being scummy when town, good to know.

--PA
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 317, Hopkirk wrote:@Burn: Want to explain how my case was any worse than other around rvs stage votes?
Because they didnt have cases for their votes or at least didnt really believe in the cases if they did make one. I guess basically all the others were half assed accusations that more often then not were a joke but yours was one of the first that wasnt like this and it was just so....bad. I mean It was pretty clear what he was doing. He pulled a name out of a hat like the rest of the people that voted, probably without fully reading, and then felt like Turkish was town so he took his vote off. Nothing there is scummy or even expected differently from a townie.

In fact Twisted continues to look more and more town with every post they make. They are my strongest town read at the moment. Just all around good content and town play coming from them.

Post Rubs me the wrong way. Why do you not do towncases? Part of figuring out who is scum, or at least a huge help towards doing that, is deducing who is town. Someone is asking you why you think someone is town and you are refusing to. Why are choosing NOT to be helpful?
In post 337, Turkish Van wrote:Things like claiming that one vote was a reaction test does seem to come from a town mindset of wanting to incite interaction/reactions, even if the execution is shoddy. What I'm having trouble deciding is whether this is genuine or scum covering for a bizarre play.
For what its worth everytime I have done something that stupid as scum that early in the game, I always say it was a reaction test.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 346, jbomber732 wrote:Now I know why mala might scumread me! I had a derp moment. I said that I had never used a QT before, which was an unintentional lie. I forgot that me and mala were in a QT and completely derped out. So, I do know what a QT is. I know you can make your own name on their, so please find me someone in this game who would have their QT name as blue ffs.
This reeks of complete and utter bullshit. Why are you asking you for people to help you out your other Mason if you were truly a Mason? That makes zero sense.....unless I read that horribly wrong.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Antihero »

yeah, there's plenty to deflect to. you don't like the "unimportant" scum reads i want to talk about, so let's draw this arbitrary line somewhere and talk about the "important" ones (whatever the hell that means).

wow, way to be an asshole and change the spelling to "moar" to make me look like an idiot.

i saw your case on greyice (veiled and otherwise) in your post. and you not talking about jbomber is on you, don't try to use some horseshit chicanery to put it on me that i didn't follow up right then and there. i post stuff as i think of it.

In post 370, Kublai Khan wrote:Deflecting what from what? There is literally nothing to deflect from. You are making no sense and I literally do not understand why you're painting completely benign reads with the brush of nefariousness. I'm not pushing a case against beastcharizard or MonkeyMan576. I don't care about them too much, but I have an eye on them. I can't fathom why anyone would care about a "slight scumread" more than a "scumread".

You don't really care about my scumreads, but want everyone to take notice of my "slight scumreads" by repeating it over and over again. So what is your angle?
>_>
from the justifications, it looks like you put a lot more thought/are a lot more committed to the beast read than just "oh, i can take it or leave it". your tone is pretty blase for the monkeyman one, so maybe i'll give you that

i have a really strong townread on beast. so, yeah, i'm really interested when someone scum reads him (no matter how "slight"). it doesn't help that you're trying to flip the script on me and threaten me into letting it go.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”