Graveyard Shift Mafia - ROLL CREDITS

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Serene2 »

In post 323, ~Jordan` wrote:
It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do so much as quote a post and highlight the scummy part of it.
The fact that it's page 13 and I'm still waiting for basic information tells me that jordan got called out for something he didn't expect to get called out for.
I specifically voted for Serene out of the blue in order to force myself to produce content later.
How does that work, exactly?
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 308, Serene2 wrote:
In post 306, BirdAndBeast wrote:Nope. What started the 40 pages of bullshit was you outing my role and YOURS by CCing it with shitty setup spec that turned out to be shitty. You then called me scummy for a myriad of surefire scumtells like me predicting Molla 3rd party (which he basically was). So no. Im not taking blame form you for that, thanks.

you know what, FUCK YOU

and as i said in the dead QT for that game, FUCK YOU

i wouldn't have outted my role if you hadn't spent FORTY FUCKING PAGES scumreading me for no god damn reason

there's a fucking reason you were the MVP of the scumteam, so how about you cram it, you arrogant shithead
okay kuribo you didn't out cos of fratbros you did that on your own. at least that is how it reads to me.
whew!
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Infinite Jesters »

In post 326, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 306, BirdAndBeast wrote:Nope. What started the 40 pages of bullshit was you outing my role and YOURS by CCing it with shitty setup spec that turned out to be shitty. You then called me scummy for a myriad of surefire scumtells like me predicting Molla 3rd party (which he basically was). So no. Im not taking blame form you for that, thanks.

you know what, FUCK YOU

i wouldn't have outted my role if you hadn't spent FORTY FUCKING PAGES scumreading me for no god damn reason

there's a fucking reason you were the MVP of the scumteam, so how about you cram it, you arrogant shithead
okay kuribo you didn't out cos of fratbros you did that on your own. at least that is how it reads to me.
whoops
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:49 pm

also I asked a question!
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:50 pm

will be v/la for the weekend

mods can you plz make note of this tia
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by The Critic »

It is currently a Day Shift.

~Jordan’
AGar
Bird and Beast
Brian Skies
ika
infinite jesters
MrZepher
Serene2
Svenskt Stal
Venmar
Zdenek

Episode 1, Shift A.1 (Day), VC 3~Jordan' (3) - AGar, MrZepher, Brian Skies
AGar (3) - Bird and Beast, Infinite Jesters, Venmar
Bird and Beast (2) - Zdenek, Serene2
Serene2 (2) - ~Jordan`, ika
ika (1) - Svenskt Stål

Not Voting (14): Aronis, xRECKONERx, The Goat,Logical Duality, BROSeidon, hiplop, iamausername, PeregrineV, FourteenPointFive, zoraster, Dry-fit
With 22 alive, it is 12 to lynch.

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-04-04 23:00:00).
The Episode will end in (expired on 2014-04-18 23:00:00).

Pirate Mollie is V/LA until 4/7.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Okay since I'm obviously missing something with the AGar wagon would somebody kindly sum it up for me?
or something like that....
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

I'm kinda free now.
kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 331, MrZepher wrote:Okay since I'm obviously missing something with the AGar wagon would somebody kindly sum it up for me?
Don't worry, Mastin has a case!

If 332 doesn't validate every single fiber of why I want Jordan dead, I fucking give.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by ika »

VOTE: ~Jordan

josrdan scince you are free how about you give out you give out your current reads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

random thoughts of game and things:

~Jordan’
AGar
Bird and Beast
Brian Skies
ika
infinite jesters
MrZepher
Serene2
Svenskt Stal
Venmar
Zdenek

mecanics state:

at least 1 mafia in a shift
town always has majority in shift

so that means theres at least 6 towns and at most 10.....

suggestion/idea: give out a readlist and name 2-3 people who are scum.

i already know some ppl have done it but this is a good way for second shift to figure out stuff as well
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

thank you ika
for making basic observations
and recounting the playerlist
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

In post 325, Serene2 wrote:
It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do so much as quote a post and highlight the scummy part of it.
The fact that it's page 13 and I'm still waiting for basic information tells me that jordan got called out for something he didn't expect to get called out for.
I specifically voted for Serene out of the blue in order to force myself to produce content later.
How does that work, exactly?
it's like putting a rabid dog in your kitchen so you can stay true to your diet
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

In post 46, Serene2 wrote:
In post 29, AGar wrote:It's voting a player that was clearly stated by the mods as someone who is essentially a treestump. Again. We have half the time to post in a day phase. In a disjointed manner. Where we can only interact with half of the playerlist directly. In case you haven't noticed, that puts scum in a primo position, as they get to co-ordinate in real time, and have extra time to craft their bogus reads and make sure they cover their asses. Scum gets to plan. Natural town reactions are now out the window for half of the game. People are going to sit and simmer on things and have time to see other people's reactions to events, which are going to manipulate theirs. Early on, it's going to be beneficial for scum to have a plethora of useless and senseless posting. The first shift scum would love nothing more than to have an unproductive first shift so they get essentially 4 days free from having to take stances or possibly deal with anything.

i like the paranoia in this post and the laser-like focus
In post 49, Serene2 wrote:
In post 48, BirdAndBeast wrote:This sarcasm? This better be sarcasm.

it's not sarcasm, I feel like he's at the very LEAST trying to keep the town on track for having a productive first shift

i'm the last person on earth to be all "NO YOU CANNOT HAVE FUN YOU GOTTA HUNT SCUM 24/7 CONSTANT VIGILANCEA!@#$!@#%!@" but at least he thinks he's helping

not gonna lie though, trying to keep this player list focused will probably be like trying to herd cats. frankly, i look forward to seeing the effect on his sanity
Serene 49 uses "at the very LEAST" to convey a sense of nuance that isn't there.
All that Agar brings to the table in the referenced post is an interest in productive town activity; what more
could
be there. Since the answer to that question is nothing, the line "at the very LEAST" comes off to me as disingenuous and evidence of posturing. I really can't come up with any other explanation of the phraseology.

Furthermore there's a discord between justifications in 46 and 49 for approval of Agar.

In 46, it's Agar's
paranoia
that is praiseworthy; in 49, it's his interest in keeping the town on track.
I feel like Serene is going to try to shout very loudly that Agar can be BOTH paranoid and interested in keeping the town on track or even that the two are related/the same. However, the paranoia and the interest in keeping the town on track within Agar's post are very distinct phenomena. The former has to do with his elaborate, winding narrative about scum strategy - his rationale; the latter has to do with the conclusion thereof. Serene doesn't stick to one narrative.

For both of these reasons, Serene is the first actually scummy person of the game.
In post 217, Serene2 wrote:Gonna sheep Sven.

VOTE: Venmar
This is mediocre. Piling one unsubstantiated vote upon another doesn't help anyone get lynched and it definitely doesn't help the town move forward.

And let's examine my interactions with him earlier.
I said, "but since asking the town to focus is what agar spends most of his time doing, he gets cheap townpoints".
He incorrectly called this an "abject falsehood" in 269, which I countered in 273 by going through his iso.

Instead of contradicting me or admitting that I was right, he instead changed the subject. Instead of asserting, "Most of Agar's posts are not about asking the town to focus" he instead started playing apologist, posing an explanation for
why
agar's posts are so often about asking the town to focus.

It just seems strange how, after we disagreed over the fact of Agar's emphasis on focusing, Serene was able to so naturally accept that fact and then pose a different, irrelevant narrative. The fact that he folded so quickly about the content of Agar's five posts again suggests to me that
he never really disagreed with me in the first place

In general Serene's talk about Agar has been weird. I personally think it's all white knight, or an attempt to be consistent, but either way it's scummy.

and the rage over meta was pretty bizarre to see coming from a grown man
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

In post 52, BirdAndBeast wrote:You can keep a town on track. The trick is differentiating between on track for scum agenda and on track for town agenda. AGar's strongly leaning to the former.
Did anyone ever ask BB why Agar strongly leans to the former?
Ika wrote:Becasue i find this amusing, couldnt i just apply the same defense that you are using right now? You obviously dont know my playstle either. We have anohter shift for us to figure shit out. If you want to give a summary go right ahead, otherwise you can just fuck off. If you hate my playstlye go ahead and lynch me. Otherwise, suck a dick. You apparently missed the other post i made.

I could care less about mecanics atm b/c i have a way of dealing with all this and already have plans and everything. You are just pathetic to even think i am apathetic. The fact no one has even given me a summary yet is more then enough info for me. I still await someone to summerize everything or shall i continue to be "useless" for the first shift?
So Agar is amusing, pathetic, and has the opportunity to either fuck off or suck a dick.
This entire post is just weird and sad.
In post 319, Venmar wrote:Jordan IS insisting that he is busy, and he IS instead posting fluff to contradict that, but is this really a
scumtell
?
when you see spend as much time preparing a fluffpost as I do my walls we can call it a contradiction

What else do I have:

- The wagon on Agar is
not
about the fact that he is telling the town to focus, but the fact that he does this to the exclusion of other things and that he uses it as a pretext to attack people for safe reasons. He gets to vote for me just because I don't fit his model of what it means to be protown. He gets to criticize other people for not producing content or being active. As I said earlier, it's very important to pressure people over these things, but if that's all you're doing you're not doing much. And besides that fact, you're just as or more protected from criticism as the lurker you're hunting.

I'm not interested in the Agar wagon this shift because he's already received enough attention and if the necessity comes, I can vote for him later. And it's very possible that he's just in this rut driven in part by my shenanigans.

- Sven can be town because of his lovers thing and angst about it. But seriously the bulk of his posts read as unnatural and unsubstantial and I might be gunning for his lynch if it weren't for his claim.

- Venmar 185 reads as someone deliberately feigning apathy so that someone like BB who thinks being protown is scummy will townread him.

page 4 is really just a waste of everyone's time and i wish you guys would circlejerk somewhere more private.

The time gap between my vote and my explanation has everything to do with my workflow over the past few days. I really hate being serious without enough time to do it. But that is a bad habit of mine that maybe I'll work on as the game progresses. None of what I've done today has been "avoidant". No one reading my iso can deny that I deliberately
courted
attention with my vote and subsequent activity. And people who say that all I posted was fluff before 337 are just wrong. While my content to post ratio may be low, I'm confident that I've made more substantive posts than at least half of everyone in this shift.

And that's counting as substantive the posts butthurt about my activity.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

VOTE: zdenek
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 233, Svenskt Stål wrote:
Union log

Spoiler: Shift Data
PlayerDay 1
~Jordan'
Day
AGar
Day
Bird and Beast
Day
Brian Skies
Day
ika
Day
infinte jesters
Day
MrZepher
Day
Serene2
Day
Svenskt Stal
Day
Venmar
Day
Zdenek
Day
Aronis
Night
BROseidon
Night
Bry-fit
Night
FourteenPointFive
Night
hiplop
Night
iamausername
Night
Logical Duality
Night
PeregrineV
Night
The Goat
Night
xRECKONERx
Night
zoraster
Night

Spoiler: Claims and flips
PlayerClaimPostFlip
~Jordan'
AGar
Bird and Beast
Brian Skies
ikaVanilla Townhttp://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5794842
infinite jestersLover with Svenhttp://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5794872
MrZepher
Serene2
Svenskt StalLover with infinite jestershttp://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5794872
Venmar
Zdenek
Aronis
BROseidonInnocent childhttp://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5793693
Bry-fit
FourteenPointFive
hiplop
iamausername
Logical Duality
PeregrineV
The Goat
xRECKONERx
zoraster

Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

VOTE: serene
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 292, BirdAndBeast wrote:Every single game of yours in the last couple of years we've shared? (Okay, granted. One or both heads of us have been scum in almost every single game we've had with you. BUTSTILL.)
This is verifiably false. If you look at our three most recent completed games where we were both town. NY165 is the only one where you read me correctly early on. As for the other two:

Adventure Time Mafia. You were with Nacho as Calcifer. Here was your read on me early on. We were both town.
"Nullish-town. Opposite of you on Vifam, which is nullish-scum."

In fairness, later Nacho town read me: " Rainbowdash, Kawaii, Zdenek, bv, Zoidberg plus both masons are also townreads"
but then you went back to scum in 1833, voted me in 2110.

Pikmin Mafia. We were both town. Here was your first read on me.

"NULL:
Zajnet (eh, gut says scum, but no posts=no read), PeregrineV, Zdenek (if I had a read on him, I've forgotten it. He's posted, but I honestly don't remember him--basically, a lesser PV). (3.)"

as for later on (post 1791) you went to weak town because of me pushing on someone. In 2735 you said I looked like scum.

I won't go on.

If we look at NY:165 as Calcifer, you read me correctly (early, post 29, 53), but you were iffy on me later on (2315).

The point is that you do not have a history of reading based on giving off town-vibes, maybe in NY:165, but then you certainly doubted whether they were right. So I think you've borrowed a way of reading me from DGB because it sounds good.

I also don't like that you are encouraging Kuribo to rage.
In post 295, AGar wrote:But they're tunneling like a mofo, not relenting even against some significant flaws in their case being pointed out. That's a fairly strong towntell for me D1.
I don't think it's a town-tell.
In post 304, ika wrote:I could care less about mecanics atm b/c i have a way of dealing with all this and already have plans and everything.
What is this plan?
In post 315, Infinite Jesters wrote:
In post 310, Serene2 wrote:don't forget, pidgeon, it was me that caught your monkey-ass out twice as scum TWICE

i'ma get your motherfuckin ass in this game too
this would be much more effective IF EITHER OF YOU COULD HAVE BEEN BOTHERED TO ACTUALLY VOTE SCUM MASTINA IN ANYTHING GOES.

last I recall I was the only 1 in this game to do so. wait desp voted them.

I asked you a question don't pussy out now.

I also asked sven some questions and I am still waiting a response!
I'd still love to hear about your BandB town-read.
In post 319, Venmar wrote:Jordan IS insisting that he is busy, and he IS instead posting fluff to contradict that, but is this really a
scumtell
?
I'm giving him time.
It did not look like it was out of the blue:
In post 116, ~Jordan` wrote:I'm going to
vote Serene
now so that I feel compelled to explain why before bedtime.
but I guess I don't care since you have reasoning given now.
In post 327, Infinite Jesters wrote:
In post 326, pirate mollie wrote:

you know what, FUCK YOU

whoops
I really don't want to look at Anything Goes Mafia cause it seems like a shit show, but are you saying that AP didn't scum read Kuribo for 40 pages?
In post 337, ~Jordan` wrote:However, the paranoia and the interest in keeping the town on track within Agar's post are very distinct phenomena.
How does the two of them being distinct imply that they can't both be present?
In post 338, ~Jordan` wrote:Did anyone ever ask BB why Agar strongly leans to the former?
I did. Responses in 285, 292.

Jordan, a read on BandB would be nice.
In post 339, Svenskt Stål wrote:VOTE: zdenek
Cute.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

How does the two of them being distinct imply that they can't both be present?
The function of 49 was to explain 46 but discussed something distinct from 46.

In principle, they can both be present. But serene didn't present a conjunction; they presented a elaboration.
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 am

Post by Serene2 »

Mollie, given that mastin had full psychological profiles on every player in the other game and discussed how best to handle them BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED, yes, there's a strong likelihood he's tailoring his game like that

AP, you're dead to me lest I incite murderous rage. Never address me again either here or elsewhere because I assure you the only answer you ever get will be "fuck you." I made it clear to you that I dislike you on a personal level, so if you wanna drag this game through all that bullshit, that's on you.

Jordan, your ISO is just as bullshit as Agars because you spent forty fucking forevers trying to even justify your vote. Then you come off with some half ass bullshit, and now I clearly see mastin pulling your strings like the good little scum buddies you are.

You don't build a shitty case against me while mastin goes Lololol so town and get away with it. You god damn well don't get to call Agars ISO anemic, and you sure as fuck don't get to over analyze my words. (With the "AT LEAST" bullshit)
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Serene2 »

In post 335, ~Jordan` wrote:thank you ika
for making basic observations
and recounting the playerlist

Would you prefer if he promised content over and over while joining a counter wagon that was on himself?

Then he'd just be playing like you, so that's out

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 am

Post by Serene2 »

Oh and if you seriously thought "courting attention" was a town trait you wouldn't even be voting me

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 am

Post by Serene2 »

And since when does a lovers claim make either of them defacto town?

Are you stupid or scum? Don't answer that, I already know you're not stupid because I read the application you put in when you wanted to join the Serene hydra

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Serene2 »

Remember, mastin told his scum buddies in Anything Goes that the best way to deal with me would be to piss me off bad enough that if replace out. Why do you think he wants me to rage?

And he's got Jordan helping him. This sort of play is bullshit at the highest level, and I'll see both of you roped for it

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Serene2 »

And PS, "coming from a grown man?" Fuck you. anything goes wasn't about meta, AP was an insufferable dick in the dead QT

Keep your mouth outta grown folks business

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”