Graveyard Shift Mafia - ROLL CREDITS

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:02 am

Post by Serene2 »

This ain't banter, this is an old fashioned murder train

Your head is going in my trophy case of fallen scum, but not before I make mastin watch you die
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:04 am

Post by Serene2 »

MASTIN

YOU JUST GONNA LET YOUR BOY DIE FOR YOUR SINS?

IM CRUCIFYING HIS ASS BECAUSE YOU THREW HIM TO THE WOLVES

at least have the common fucking decency to look him in the eye while he's taking it for the team
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:26 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 337, ~Jordan` wrote:and the rage over meta was pretty bizarre to see coming from a grown man
Actually its pretty par and a pretty ok reason to townread them.
In post 342, Zdenek wrote:I really don't want to look at Anything Goes Mafia cause it seems like a shit show, but are you saying that AP didn't scum read Kuribo for 40 pages?
Line of inquiry: vetoed. Seriously. Nothing relevant or helpful will come from this.
In post 352, ~Jordan` wrote:Kuribo, I'm sorry.

I know I troll more than I should, but teasing you over something you're clearly sensitive over and that I don't know much about at all is definitely crossing a line.
This post feels really town to me. I know I should back that up cause people are going to swoop in and go "lol no Jordan is scummy and his posts are scummy", but ya. This feels genuine and I think its a bit bold for scum to be so up front / honest. Serene is town though and the case on them does suck.
In post 373, Serene2 wrote:Ok so I'm wrong about what you said but your case is still bullshit
A bullshit case does not a scum make.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:36 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Additional note, Im seeing Serene and Jordan as the same alignment. If one of them flipped scum, I'd be more inclined to lynch the other. I STRONGLY doubt Serene-town, Jordan-scum and mostly doubt Serene-scum, Jordan-town. Best guess is that the recent spat is town v town, although I guess I could see them being scum together. Jordan feels unnaturally calm through all of this and I have to imagine that means that he is either town or has a reason to not be overly concerned about Serene voting them (buddies). Serene is loosely tying us to Jordan (keyword loosely) which could be a setup for after Jordan flips maf, but eh. I lean town on both slots on their own, so for now I'm seeing this as TvT.

If serene is town, Jordan is very probtown imo I see both as town individually, although certainly not extremely strong reads.
Could be scum together, but doubting it.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Serene2 »

How the fuck am I loosely tying you to him when I'm flat out stating you two are scum buddies

That's not a loose tie, that's an iron fucking cable

BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:45 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Ok. By "loosely" I mean you haven't made a case for us being scum together, your reads seem to be mostly independent. Post 376 counts as loose since there really isn't a connection case, just you sort of implying our interactions with Jordan have been scummy without saying why.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Serene2 »

I don't need a reason. I've never needed one for anything I've ever done.

I feel it in my bones, his posting has your scummy fingerprints all over it

BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 301, Serene2 wrote:mastin played the town like fucking fiddles while claiming to be confirmed town.
Actually, the claim to be confirmed town didn't come until at least day four, maybe day five, perhaps even day six. (Forget the game's exact timeline.) The thing I used to claim conftownness was that the scumteam wouldn't have both a gladiate and dayvig--with the dayvig happening on, what, D3? Something like that, that left the claim being at least a day later. I don't think I actually made the claim we were conftown until there were only five players alive.
In post 303, Serene2 wrote:you want me to start townreading you? stop fucking asking for it and act like god damn town
No need to ask. We are being (not acting) town. It's self-evident. It doesn't need to be asked for.
In post 318, MrZepher wrote:I think you're just getting played like a bitch.
Odd, that's my thought on people townreading AGar.
In post 331, MrZepher wrote:Okay since I'm obviously missing something with the AGar wagon would somebody kindly sum it up for me?
Basically? This is his scumplay, again. His posting is full of little things that when added up paint the very picture he says scum will have: a calculated, coordinated, organized take on the game.

(Speaking of which, this is one reason I actually sorta-suspect Logical Duality. In spite of them coming from the next shift. Them saying to the scumteam that they have the ability to be more coordinated and logical than the town fits scarily well with them. Oh, and as an aside, one head if I'm correct is always scum anyway. :P)

Butyeah. Top picks, this shift:
AGar, Zdenek, Sven. In that order.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 343, ~Jordan` wrote:
How does the two of them being distinct imply that they can't both be present?
The function of 49 was to explain 46 but discussed something distinct from 46.

In principle, they can both be present. But serene didn't present a conjunction; they presented a elaboration.
I guess I can see how you find this scummy, in the context of them white-knighting Agar, but I don't find it compelling.
In post 344, Serene2 wrote:I clearly see mastin pulling your strings like the good little scum buddies you are.
This just looks like nonsense rhetoric.

In post 346, Serene2 wrote:Oh and if you seriously thought "courting attention" was a town trait you wouldn't even be voting me
This is pretty horrible.

Uh,
In post 232, Serene2 wrote:Nice try using fake dissonance to discredit a claimed lover of all things.
In post 347, Serene2 wrote:And since when does a lovers claim make either of them defacto town?
In post 360, ~Jordan` wrote:omgus moar
Seriously?
In post 374, ~Jordan` wrote:i think wed have better banter if i slept more
You brushing this off like this is odd.

Neither Serene nor Jordan comes across well in this.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Zdenek »

DID MASTIN JUST POST?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Zdenek »

oops.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 381, Serene2 wrote:I don't need a reason. I've never needed one for anything I've ever done.
I didn't say you did? Its loosely concerning that you found my usage of the word "loosely" more worth responding to than me basically declaring intent to scumread you if Jordan flips scum, but meh.

@Zd: I feel like you are missing the forest for the trees to a degree here. Post 232 was eyebrow raising on its own accord, without 347 and I believe they were clearly from different heads.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 386, BirdAndBeast wrote:I believe they were clearly from different heads.
I can rarely determine these things.

As you can see from my question about whether Mastin has posted.
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Serene2 »

In post 386, BirdAndBeast wrote:
In post 381, Serene2 wrote:I don't need a reason. I've never needed one for anything I've ever done.
I didn't say you did? Its loosely concerning that you found my usage of the word "loosely" more worth responding to than me basically declaring intent to scumread you if Jordan flips scum, but meh.

@Zd: I feel like you are missing the forest for the trees to a degree here. Post 232 was eyebrow raising on its own accord, without 347 and I believe they were clearly from different heads.
I don't give a shit how you claim to read me or plan to claim you're reading me

I take irritation with the "loosely" part because it implies a half measur where I'm teehee implying whatever

We both know I don't do half measures

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by ika »

Shift 2 vote jordan so we can clear things up.

Im betting serene is scum regardless, jordan i could see being town but i rather clear it up then having this "well he could be scum" stupidity thing going on
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 389, ika wrote:Shift 2 vote jordan so we can clear things up.

Im betting serene is scum regardless, jordan i could see being town but i rather clear it up then having this "well he could be scum" stupidity thing going on
So Serene is scum. Jordan is w/e. But you'd rather shift 2 just pile the votes on Jordan because LOLREASONS.

Come on Ika, I actually liked your play in Street Racers Mafia, I really dont know what you are doing here.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Venmar »

Jordan is really a meh wagon
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Huh. BnB is still not not acknowledging that Mastin's I get town town vibes from Zdenek in every game we play in is made up nonsense. I'm shocked.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by ika »

In post 390, BirdAndBeast wrote:
In post 389, ika wrote:Shift 2 vote jordan so we can clear things up.

So Serene is scum. Jordan is w/e. But you'd rather shift 2 just pile the votes on Jordan because LOLREASONS.

Come on Ika, I actually liked your play in Street Racers Mafia, I really dont know what you are doing here.
I'm waiting for our second shift, dont worry, you will see me do street racer play later. It takes time for me to get a good grove. During the other shift i plan on going back and isoing everyone and looking through the thread. Expect a huge dump post of notes and everything during out second shift. Day one is always the "meh" day. its after we get flips and the game gets it momentum going that i can pull street racer play. Right now i rather wait and let everything play out. It allows me to see whos being calculated and whos just being careless.

TLDR:

just wait, that play is coming later, it takes time for me to get there
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 339, Svenskt Stål wrote:VOTE: zdenek
In post 341, Svenskt Stål wrote:VOTE: serene
Might actually be town.
In post 342, Zdenek wrote:This is verifiably false.
Screw it, full explanation: Zdenek, bluntly put, when I used to play with you, I didn't really notice you. At all. You blended in. I forgot previous games had you, in spite of knowing you were in them. This fact about you, I have said before. What I didn't say, though, is that eventually?

...Eventually.

I started paying attention. (Or maybe you changed. Probably a combination of both.)

And I became deeply.
Deeply.
Impressed.

Let me put it this way. You're not the top scumhunter in any specific regard. Not the best analyzer. Not the best scumhunter. Not the best at convincing others. Not the best at being obvtown. Not the best at leading, mediating, planning, whatever. You're not the best in anything...but I mean it when I say...you have the highest, best, balance of all of them combined. You might not be the best at anything, but you're in the high-tier (maybe even highest-tier) for basically everything. And that balance, that wide variety of skills. Makes you basically, to me, one of the top five town players on the site. (Scum, eh, haven't actually seen. But as town, heck yes.) No joke. No ego-boosting, no manipulation. I mean that.

So knowing that. Knowing that's what I'm expecting to see. Bluntly...I don't. I don't see the awesomeness. I don't see the immediate townness. I don't see the strong player I've been increasingly growing accustomed to having seen. I see...this. Which is, well...less. ("Soooooo, basically...burden of proficiency?"
...I guess, yeah. That doesn't seem like it's a proper explanation. Like it's an oversimplification, but I can't think of a better way to describe it.)
In post 344, Serene2 wrote:Mollie, given that mastin had full psychological profiles on every player in the other game and discussed how best to handle them BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED, yes, there's a strong likelihood she's tailoring her game like that
I actually don't really tailor my game. As a scum planner, I make the strategies, give tips to my scumbuddies, give advice, and basically let them loose from there. Including myself; I have the guidelines of my player analysis, but I never let it be a solid plan. My scumplay is more solid if it's fluid, not rigid.
Jordan, your ISO is just as bullshit as Agars because you spent forty fucking forevers trying to even justify your vote. Then you come off with some half ass bullshit.
Nah. Jordan's iso has BS in it, sure. So does ours. But it's town BS, compared to AGar's scum BS.
In post 348, Serene2 wrote:Remember, mastin told her scum buddies in Anything Goes that the best way to deal with me would be to piss me off bad enough that I replace out.
Uh, actually, I told my scumbuddies the best way to deal with you was to
nightkill
you. :P I mentioned that you going into rage-mode could cause you to get heated, and if you replaced out it'd be more beneficial to us, but that wasn't the plan specifically.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by ika »

Also, not everyone knows my street racer play yet ;)

Those who do: dont spoil it, force players to go find it.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 376, Serene2 wrote:YOU JUST GONNA LET YOUR BOY DIE FOR YOUR SINS?
Preferably not. I like to keep as many town players as possible alive, and Jordan's a star player among 'em.
In post 377, BirdAndBeast wrote:
In post 352, ~Jordan` wrote:Kuribo, I'm sorry.
I know I troll more than I should, but teasing you over something you're clearly sensitive over and that I don't know much about at all is definitely crossing a line.
This post feels really town to me. I know I should back that up cause people are going to swoop in and go "lol no Jordan is scummy and his posts are scummy", but ya. This feels genuine and I think its a bit bold for scum to be so up front / honest.
Pretty much this. Jordan is really, really obviously town. Jordan isn't scum; AGar is.
In post 384, Zdenek wrote:DID MASTIN JUST POST?
Yes. And you calling both Jordan and Serene2 sus like you did is, once again, not giving me warm fuzzy feelings about you.
In post 387, Zdenek wrote:As you can see from my question about whether Mastin has posted.
It's, uh, really pretty dang obvious? AP spamposts; I wallpost. I use a specific emoticon (:P), AP uses more variety. I use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar and such; AP mostly does but doesn't do so consistently. I use a lot of "fluff" words like 'kinda', 'sorta', 'well', and so on and so forth; AP's speech is more streamlined.

I mean, if you couldn't tell who posted from pages 2-5 or so, that's fine since it actually was all the same head, trolling. (Me.) But after that, pretty dang obvious.
In post 393, ika wrote:I'm waiting for our second shift, dont worry, you will see me do street racer play later. It takes time for me to get a good grove. During the other shift i plan on going back and isoing everyone and looking through the thread. Expect a huge dump post of notes and everything during out second shift. Day one is always the "meh" day. its after we get flips and the game gets it momentum going that i can pull street racer play. Right now i rather wait and let everything play out. It allows me to see whos being calculated and whos just being careless.

TLDR:

just wait, that play is coming later, it takes time for me to get there
This strategy is actually similar to my own, and is basically hilariously town.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Mastin, I can't conjure up things to talk about in the thread and I think you are being too demanding. Probably, I won't manage to say much that new here, but whatever.

I don't think that what you've had to say about Agar is convincing. While I can't think of a time in a completed game that I've tried to use an argument along the lines of so and so is saying that we need to do this, but their posting doesn't really reflect that, I know that I've tried to use that argument, and I know that it sounds great in my head every time, but I don't think it's ever worked out, and if it has, I am almost certain that there were other reasons to think that the person was scum because I can usually remember when an argument pans out. When it comes to Agar, the worst thing in my opinion is how fine he is with you despite thinking that the case you've made on him is bad, but presumably he actually thinks that's a town-tell, so for the time being I'm living with it.

I really hate how Infinite Jesters - Mollie keeps harping on Serene's early town read of Sven while ignoring yours. I mean the people in these slots have a reputation for making reads like that and Mollie is well aware of it, so this doesn't look like a real concern to me, but I really don't think that this is a good enough reason to lynch a claimed lover. I mean we could lose a lot if we're wrong and they're both town, and we have time.

Brian Skyes looks legit to me. He's made comments about IJ and Sven that jive with my own thoughts.

I don't like that I can't follow Sven's read on you, but aside from that he seems okay.

Jordan's early play was null to me, but I don't think that the people attacking over it were out of line. I think that his comment to Venmar about not providing enough is ironic, and I strongly dislike him calling himself town because he's trying to draw attention to himself. I mean I don't really think that he thinks that's a town-tell, but people are often pretty lax with what they use to call themselves town.

With Serene, I generally like their push on you, but what I don't like from them is the rhetoric Kuribo was using to tie you and Jordan together. Ordinarily, I'd find this sort of aggressive partner hunting indicative of a town mindset, but with him, I think it's null. I also don't like DGB's comment about lovers and would love to know what was going through her mind then. I'm not bothered by their defense of Agar because I think that the arguments being used to attack Agar are weak.

MrZephir is null. Ika's null, his early VT claim means that we don't really need to worry about him yet.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 396, BirdAndBeast wrote:And you calling both Jordan and Serene2 sus like you did is, once again, not giving me warm fuzzy feelings about you.
Disagreeing about reads is not a scum tell.
In post 396, BirdAndBeast wrote:It's, uh, really pretty dang obvious?
I thought it was, but I was also surprised that if it was that you ignored my comment about you reading me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 257, Infinite Jesters wrote:brian I think you shld misrep moar!
I think so too! It's fun and I get to see you react!
In post 257, Infinite Jesters wrote:I never said we were strong players in fact I would say we are downright terrible.
Alright, I'll admit that I completely (and unintentionally) misrepped you on this one. I let my own personal opinions get in the way of what I was actually reading.

But in that post you were not only saying BandB were strong players who would be a boon to town, but also that if they were scum, you'd be able to sort them for us. So like I said, your lover claim still makes no sense to me.
In post 257, Infinite Jesters wrote:people voting bird people should feel absolutely horrible.
Well, I'm not voting them so I don't feel horrible at all.
In post 262, ~Jordan` wrote:if i don't stay engaged then ill fall behind; fluffposting is easy
Don't fluff-post for the sake of posting. Either post something meaningful or don't post at all. If you can't keep up, replace out.
In post 273, ~Jordan` wrote:Let's do a rundown —
Agar has made FIVE posts.
ONE is an RVS vote.
At least THREE have, as their main idea, "more serious posts plox".
This is better posting. But I like this more:
In post 274, Serene2 wrote:no fucking shit, sherlock HE WAS CALLED OUT FOR ASKING FOR MORE SERIOUS POSTS

you don't get to give someone crap for something and then bitch about it when they keep talking about the very same subject
Now, I'm going to be completely honest here that I don't really like Agar's posting up to this point, but Kuribo is like this little devil on my shoulder whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

Mastin walls incoming. I'll split up the post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”