Newbie 1486: Sandcastle Mafia--Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by Android122 »

yeah salt I am
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by saltrox »

Ah man, I thought it was you. Do you know who I am?

(Sidenote to everyone else, I've thought for a while that I knew Android IRL, this is me checking (and may mean I have more information on him) but didn't want to check out of game as that would essentially be talking about the game outside the game)
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Android122 »

I don't know, does Senet mean anything to you Salt?
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Post by saltrox »

Yes, yes it does (keep going you're almost there)
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by Android122 »

Well the fact you are female helps to narrow it down a lot, and the only girls I think would be keen enough to get into a Forum are Imogen and Maya, however for whatever reason I think you are Imogen?
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Post by saltrox »

Yep :P You're right. (I think it was pretty obvious, I think I'm pretty much the same online as IRL and Maya's a lot quieter)

For the sake of transparency and clarity for everyone else:
I'm the president of my (and Android's) university board game society. We started playing werewolf at the beginning of the year and got pretty into it and started talking about going online and playing mafia to be able to play more. So yeah, I know Android IRL and have played a lot of werewolf with him, which does change my read on him a bit because now I know how his play in this game relates to his usual play.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

Good. So what's your read on him now that you've got meta?
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Post by saltrox »

All I can say for sure is that IRL he always plays very scummily. Android has been mislynched multiple time because he plays very close to his chest and tends to observe a lot and nay contribute when asked. He's playing very similarly to that in this game but he plays that way both when he's town and when he's scum. I've seen him play town a lot more than scum but the play we're seeing from Android is less suspicious to me now that I know it's coming from Andy than it was when I didn't know who he was. When he plays scum IRL he's quite easily flustered and tends not to defend himself at all and just sort of go quiet and hope that the attention moves to someone else rather than trying to explain himself.

I'm not saying I'm sure he's town because I'm not, he may still be scum. But this is the same as how he plays IRL as town.

Which makes me feel it's more likely that Charlie and tn are scum.
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by saltrox »

That's supposed to say only where it says nay.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 am

Post by tn5421 »

@theslimer3: Convince me that I am wrong about Charlie and I will unvote him. My case against Charlie is strong inactivity, practically zero contributions to town, and the reactive vote that was called on me when I pressured Charlie to finally gain some real information.
If anything, in this post, you're pretty much trying to say "hey, I can lynch Charlie"
When I thought about it, I decided pushing someone to L-1 would likely result in information gain for the town. I don't have any problems taking the risk on myself.

@Cabd, Mala: You rely on each other very obviously in a game. It seems to be near co-dependence. My read is still that you're in a relationship or possible scum.

@Charlie: You get pressured fairly hard and immediately throw a vote at the person causing it, rather than explain your actions?

@Saltrox: What can I do to prove to you that I'm not scum?

@Android122: Thanks for the support, even though I'm still suspicious of you. What is your read on saltrox, since you know and play with her IRL?
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:14 am

Post by tn5421 »

@Mala: It isn't strange that my play would feel odd, considering that my knowledge of play comes less from the wiki and more from simply playing. I tend to follow my gut feeling as much as logic.

Update on the situation:
I am L-2, Charlie is L-1. Cabd intends to vote Charlie first. Nobody else close to being lynched.
WIP
Android122
Android122
Townie
Android122
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:42 am

Post by Android122 »

My info on Saltrox is as follows. She tends to want to be involved in everything and will be quick to question people if they do say something she doesn't understand/agree with. In that regard I feel she is playing naturally. When she has a role, she is consistently very reluctant to reveal that role, not so relevant day 1 but may be in the future. Also when playing scum, she tends to try and make the strongest players argue amongst themselves to distract the attention away from herself. This is less relevant in forum games when it is hard to discern who the strongest players are, rather than IRL when we play with the same group, so I wouldn't really consider that in my read. When playing town she tends to want to get rid of weaker players quickly, so her voting Charlie is a town read for me, as is her keenness to get me to explain myself, and the fact she doesn't like my inconsistencies.

Overall, this makes me feel she is town, and also I fully take back my slimer/saltrox idea knowing this, because she isn't the type to make pregame agreements with partners if playing scum.

I've more to say on this but I'm a bit busy right now, I'll try to say it before night though, just in case I am killed by scum.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:55 am

Post by tn5421 »

Thank you for the insight, Android.
WIP
saltrox
saltrox
Townie
saltrox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 am

Post by saltrox »

@tn5421
I'm afraid that by the very nature of the game you cannot prove that you are not scum but you are not helping your situation or my level of suspicion by doing things like trying to land suspicion on Mala and Cabd. Also I don't remember Android supporting you?

@Everyone
Android makes a fair point about getting information out before night. I think this is particularly relevant for
slimer, Mala and Charlie
(if you aren't actually scum) as currently I feel we're missing potentially very useful information from you guys going forwards as you've kept a lot of things close. Keeping reads close to your chest can be helpful but useless if you die with only you knowing them.

My current feeling is that if Charlie and tn are indeed the mafia then we're on track for a quick town win but if not then we will have to go deeper.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:31 am

Post by tn5421 »

Saltrox: I asked him to do a read on you and he did. Therefore, me thanking him. It is only polite, after all. I am only trying to throw suspicion on people I find to be suspicious myself, which is currently Charlie, Android, Cabd, and Mala.
WIP
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:35 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Do you really think andriod would give up information so vital on his lynchbed if he were scum?

@sally: of course I switched back, I say the TN wagon could actually lead to a lynch.

@ Tn: that 'strong inactivity' is him being absent after you got here. That 'non-contribution' is from him not being as active before you got here. That information is because of you and andriod, and personally since I think android is leaning more to the town side in my scum read, that makes you my main target at the moment
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Charlie »

@Kittens
@Cabbage
Guys, why meta? Seriously, that's not against anything, but......... in a newbie game? That method of finding the bad guys kinda works better in games other than newbie games. ALSO! Didn't I claim that I allegedly don't know how to play at some point, and maybe that's the reason why I'm choosing to play a newbie game and that you're all reading me weird and stuff?
I think we have too many wildcards and not enough standard play going on here.
Cabbage asks a silly question wrote:Charlie, do you think TN is scum, or just has a better chance of flipping as such than you do?
I think he has a role with a green colour like my own. But I only know 1 person's alignment and that is my own.
Cabbage lists all of Charlie's previous games wrote:
    Spoiler: A picture of a cartoon horse putting it's hoof to it's face

In post 409, tn5421 wrote:@Cabd, Mala: You rely on each other very obviously in a game. It seems to be near co-dependence. My read is still that you're in a relationship or possible scum.
    Natural, forced or cannot differentiate?

Claim:
    Vanilla Townie

I am unsure on who are the bad guys. Day 1 is always the hardest. I'm quite sure there is one on each of the main wagons today.
    Kindness
    theslimer3
    theslimer3
    Mafia Scum
    theslimer3
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:41 am

Post by theslimer3 »

I'd say to Sally keep an eye on android. No one's really made a Sally/android pair, and until we do, there's no reason not to trust the two alive for now. Irl meta is a lot stronger than forum meta so I think cabby might actually like this idea. In the event that we do lynch scum today *cough cough*Tn123456789101112*cough cough*
    Then the anti pair would prove to be quite valuable. If we do not and I was wrong about TN, you can disregard my plan
    Charlie
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Charlie »

1. Volition replaced by Xayzeck --> If mafia, is comfortable sitting by the sidelines. If town, needs to do more. I KNOW you can do more, you're not a new player!
    2. Android122 --> Regardless of alignment, could use some more punctuation.
    3. saltrox --> Don't lynch unless absolutely need to.
    4. Grib --> I have no idea.
    5. Kake replaced by Cabd --> Don't lynch this fella. I think I see something interesting going on around this one.
    6. Karenx replaced by bilgpk replaced by tn5421 --> I have no idea. Probably town, but who's left in this list?
    7. Hanzo_5 (SE) replaced by theslimer3 --> He sure said a lot, didn't he? Town or no, discussion is progress so don't lynch so quickly. If mafia, look for slips / tells. BUT! Unlikely mafia because of... that soiled meta thingy I said earlier.
    8. Charlie (SE) --> Definitely acting suspicious. Keep 2 pairs of eyes on this one. Maybe even 3.
    9. Malakittens (IC) --> She's a cool cat and props for good IC. If town much <3 if mafia... too well played. I'll nominate for best mafia IC in newbie if really flips mafia, and as a bonus I'll flip out too. 2 flips is better than one.

That is all. Good night!
    Kindness
    saltrox
    saltrox
    Townie
    saltrox
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:03 am

Post by saltrox »

Don't make me doubt you slimer and start thinking that it has been you and Charlie all along. You have no strong reason not to vote for Charlie or to vote for tn over Charlie unless both you and Charlie are scum. (And I don't really want you to be scum because that would mean that tn would be town and that would just be irritating).

You've practically pled guilty there Charlie. Smooth.
    Charlie
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Charlie »

Nah, bro. I'm town. Nothing to lose and all that.
    If I'm the bad guy I'll pay towards my win condition and take extra precaution with words and things, but up there is just how I felt things are. Not too bad, eh?

Continue with your line of thinking: If I'm lynched and flip so and so, what's the next step? Or, would you wait and see how the days goes before giving out more opinions?
    Kindness
    Charlie
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Charlie »

Derp. Forgot to ask: How is that a pleading of guilty? And guilty of what, exactly?
    Kindness
    theslimer3
    theslimer3
    Mafia Scum
    theslimer3
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:10 am

Post by theslimer3 »

1. I have charlie townread (though I can't quite digest that final thought as town)
    2. I really think TN is mafia.
    3. What do I have against charlie again?
    Charlie
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Charlie
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Charlie »

...(though I can't quite digest that final thought as town)
    ^
    Whenever it may be, I'd like to know why is this.
    No hurry tho.
    Kindness
    theslimer3
    theslimer3
    Mafia Scum
    theslimer3
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:22 am

Post by theslimer3 »

charlie wrote:8. Charlie (SE) --> Definitely acting suspicious. Keep 2 pairs of eyes on this one. Maybe even 3.
    charlie wrote:I am unsure on who are the bad guys. Day 1 is always the hardest. I'm quite sure there is one on each of the main wagons today.
    Would you say this is normal?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”