Mini 1563 - Vampire: The Masquerade Mafia (Fourth Evening)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 15, displaced wrote:We could make our diablerie noms public, someone keep a count and agree that everyone nominate the player with the most diablerie votes. As long as it's adhered to we minimize ghoulscum influence on the diablerie action?
I'd like to table this until we decide on what exactly to do with the Partial/Full Claiming has been settled. Even if the discussion's over, I don't think it's something that needs to be decided until we're at the point when it matters. Things may have changed landscape-wise by the time it comes up.

On the Claiming topic, clans were asked for and I saw some people saying stuff in my phone skim earlier today. I'm not familiar enough with the game to know right offhand, but from my PM, it seems my clan is either Tremere or The Library? That doesn't sound right, but it says I'm associated with the library, so I figure it's a thing.

Kagami's p feels odd to me. The discussion about publically nom'ing for diablerie didn't have to do with anything Role related, but she's against it b/c it outs PRs. This is in direct contradiction to the beginning of the post where he says she's a PR. I don't see how saying point blank 'I have multiple powers' sits properly within the same post.
In post 20, Kthxbye wrote:I think I see what you might be doing here
What do you think I might be doing here?
Bothers me that he does not know what we are called? Either he has really bad reading comprehension skills as it's everywhere on this page that the "town" faction are called vampires and those trying to kill is during the day are ghouls ooooooorrrrr, it didn't cross his mind how obv this was as his role PM is different from mine.
I may come back to this later, but it feels kind of forced and 'dudes, I know what we're called'. I don't think that's what SG was referring to when she asked what we're called.
Why did you not throw down an RVS vote on me? It is out of the norm for your recent town games when we are both in the game from the start for you to not RVS vote me.
This is funny to me. I looked it up and sure enough, the last 2-3 games where I was Scum, I didn't RVS you. I think it had more to do with me not being here for the RVS, but w/e. You can throw it in with the p32 ScumTell.

@SG- Are you a Human {nonVampire} or do you just detect that way?

I really dislike Aronis's p. Not only does he ignore SG's arguably very important question, he drops what could very easily be a FakeClaim propted by 3 RVS Votes {given, some may be legit, but still...}, HandWaves the flavor while ignoring someone else's assertion that it matters, and adds nothing to the conversation. This is a scummy floater post if I've ever seen one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eh... it's only the remainder of the page, but I feel like it's going to take me longer than I'm willing to put in at 2am. I'll finish tomorrow night...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Kagami »

For me, clan and role are related, though other people being less tight-lipped about clan membership makes me think that this isn't universally true. Post 17 is largely a response to LLD's post right above it.

I have abilities, but at least one of them is strictly disadvantageous. I'd be surprised if we have vanilla vampires, so I'm not concerned with people knowing that I have more that just the "no vitae from mislynch" ability.

Agreed that could be eagerness to use a fake-claim, but I'm reading it as legit for now. At the very least, he's claimed an important/powerful vampire whom I'm unwilling to lynch on day 1. Kthx answered the question for him, so I'm not bothered that he didn't do it himself. Speaking of which:

Your quote from kthx about aronis's "whatever we're called statement" is one that I've been thinking about too. My role PM identifies me in pretty much the exact same format as aronis used in . It does not say "Vampire blah blah" like other games might have "Town blah blah," and the opening flavor doesn't say that the "town" are all vampires. SG's pseudo-miller claim and my statement that there's possibly a human in the setup may directly contradict that which is "so obv" to kthx. If you were completely ignorant of flavor, you might even have a vampire pm and not know you're a vampire. Nowhere is it directly stated in my PM that I am a vampire, only that I want to eliminate threats to vampires.

It's neither incredibly obvious nor necessarily accurate that town are all vampires, which makes aronis's confusion reasonable enough that to attack it is unwarranted.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 51, Kagami wrote:For me, clan and role are related, though other people being less tight-lipped about clan membership makes me think that this isn't universally true. Post 17 is largely a response to LLD's post right above it.

I have abilities, but at least one of them is strictly disadvantageous. I'd be surprised if we have vanilla vampires, so I'm not concerned with people knowing that I have
more that just the "no vitae from mislynch" ability.

Agreed that could be eagerness to use a fake-claim, but I'm reading it as legit for now. At the very least, he's claimed an important/powerful vampire whom I'm unwilling to lynch on day 1. Kthx answered the question for him, so I'm not bothered that he didn't do it himself. Speaking of which:

Your quote from kthx about aronis's "whatever we're called statement" is one that I've been thinking about too. My role PM identifies me in pretty much the exact same format as aronis used in . It does not say "Vampire blah blah" like other games might have "Town blah blah," and the opening flavor doesn't say that the "town" are all vampires. SG's pseudo-miller claim and my statement that there's possibly a human in the setup may directly contradict that which is "so obv" to kthx. If you were completely ignorant of flavor, you might even have a vampire pm and not know you're a vampire. Nowhere is it directly stated in my PM that I am a vampire, only that I want to eliminate threats to vampires.

It's neither incredibly obvious nor necessarily accurate that town are all vampires, which makes aronis's confusion reasonable enough that to attack it is unwarranted.
This is enough to narrow your clan down to one of 2 for me.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 50, d3x wrote:@SG- Are you a Human {nonVampire} or do you just detect that way?
I detect as Human, as stated. I did not indicate whether I was or wasn't Human, Vampire, or anything else. I'm not sure what the value in clarifying that is. Is there one?
In post 50, d3x wrote:I really dislike Aronis's p. Not only does he ignore SG's arguably very important question, he drops what could very easily be a FakeClaim propted by 3 RVS Votes {given, some may be legit, but still...}, HandWaves the flavor while ignoring someone else's assertion that it matters, and adds nothing to the conversation. This is a scummy floater post if I've ever seen one.
I agree with this.
In post 51, Kagami wrote:Agreed that could be eagerness to use a fake-claim, but I'm reading it as legit for now. At the very least, he's claimed an important/powerful vampire whom I'm unwilling to lynch on day 1.
I'm not sure why that name claim should mean much to us, really. I'm not voting the guy and I'll admit I'm not sure if I even will, but I'm not sure why the name alone is a free pass for the Day.
In post 51, Kagami wrote:Kthx answered the question for him, so I'm not bothered that he didn't do it himself.
Doesn't that make you want to vote Kthxbye though?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 52, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:...

This is enough to narrow your clan down to one of 2 for me.
Really? Your flavor knowledge must be much more complete than mine. I've been piecing things together by reading through the white wolf wiki, have you played this game much?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Kagami »

@SG: not that in particular, but for other reasons-

UNVOTE:
VOTE: kthx
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:19 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

What are the reasons of otherness?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:37 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 27, Katsuki wrote:HEY GUIZ

I NEED VITAE
I GOTS LOTS OF SHINY GAMEBREAKING POWERS
DANKE

Vote: SG
Ummmm, no one noticed this?

VOTE: katzuki

BTW, im V/LA on weekends. will catch up on monday.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Empking »

In post 57, vonflare wrote:Ummmm, no one noticed this?
Nobody has commented on it, you mean.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I figured it as RVS tomfoolery and ignored it, myself. It didn't seem very exciting or alignment telling to me.

@VonnyBoy - what is the scumtell there in your eyes?

@Kingfish - You're feeling really disconnected to me right now. not Monkeyman levels of disconnected, but still pretty darn disconnected. Do you have some thoughts, opinions, questions? Like, say, what's your read on the Kthxbye wagon? It's sort of a thing, it exists, people are interacting over it. Could you weigh in there please and thank you?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Oh, VonFlare Boy, the game, the game is calling
From vote to vote, and down discussion's side,
RVS's gone, and all the vitaes falling,
It's you, it's you must post and I must bide.

But come ye back when prodded by the mod here,
Or when hammer vote is waiting to go,
And I'll be here in paranoia and in fear,
Oh, VonFlare Boy, oh VonFlare Boy, I’ll vote you so!

But if ye come, offer thoughts with tongue a’waggin’,
If I am lynched, as lynched I well may be,
Ye'll come and find that scum were on my wagon,
And point and say a ‘lynch them’ there for me;

And I shall hear, through the Dead QT bombast,
Where others will call town a failure,
But you will get sheeped and crush the scum at last,
And the QT shall say always listen to her!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

In post 14, d3x wrote:@Spyrex- How much are you willing to MassClaim to figure it out?
I'm not aquiver at the idea. I'd be down if we can crack the nut enough to make it make sense I would in a heartbeat.

I really want to chew on it more. I'm not a flavor pro and I dont know how much that will hurt the efforts.

---

However, I really don't want to lose sight of Aronis. I think we're getting too far afield already.

Look at your PM. Look at the wincon.

Then look at those two posts. We got a live one that flavor fucked themselves.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 61, SpyreX wrote:if we can crack the nut enough
In post 61, SpyreX wrote:However, I really don't want to lose sight of Aronis. I think we're getting too far afield already.

Look at your PM. Look at the wincon.

Then look at those two posts. We got a live one that flavor fucked themselves.
I do not really disagree with this. That all said...what do you think of Kthxbye's reaction to the same?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

He's all over the board. The one thing I'll say is him pointing out Aronis is townish if Aronis is scum - scum-on-scum would be a righteous hatefuck there.

I'm not opposed to it persay, but I still think its fishing when we have a fish that jumped right into our mouths.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I found what Aronis did scummy, and called him on it, but it feels more like a straw grasp scumslip than a legit sort of case. Am I just being foolish? You seem really bought into it, so...I should be too?
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 64, Squirrel Girl wrote:I found what Aronis did scummy, and called him on it, but it feels more like a straw grasp scumslip than a legit sort of case. Am I just being foolish? You seem really bought into it, so...I should be too?
I thought people wanted me to flavor claim?

My PM is rather unclear about what I actually am, hence the opening post.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I'm not calling you scummy for the flavor claim, I'm calling you scummy for the way you worded what team you're on. I'm also hardly the one baying for your blood though most (though I'll admit in being interested to hear more about it). Does that clear up my stance for you?

Also, what's your read on Kthxbye?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This:
Is what I'm calling bullshit on. You know you're a miller. You see the wincon. There is no reason there should be any doubt.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Does your wincon and/or role name state without doubt your nature?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Like, say you didn't know what a given clan name was, or even what a clan name was. That would be the 'without doubt' thing.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 35, displaced wrote:I have an opinion about something else. Flavour claim makes me unvote
This is odd to me. Aronis didn't flavor Claim, he NameClaimed. Why exactly did this make you back down? Aside from that, why say you have an opinion about something else and then end your post? What was the opinion and what was it on? Did it refer to a ScumRead? If so, why no Vote anywhere? In short, what was the purpose in telling us you had an opinion on something without telling us what the opinion was? Finally, why haven't you followed up on it?
In post 42, Kagami wrote:I have some strong beliefs about a few players' alignments, but I'd like for everyone to check in before I place a srs biz vote.
Is this SOP for you?
In post 49, Kthxbye wrote:My vote would go on him, but I dont like d3x not rvsing me like he has done in the most recent games we have been in together. That is more concerning to me at the moment as it is opposite the norm town him.
Can I thus assume your RVS Vote is for serious, then? Humor me, at what point exactly did it become for serious?
In post 51, Kagami wrote:I'd be surprised if we have vanilla vampires
When did you make this assessment?
While this is more-or-less true, I'd still prefer to have Aronis answer SG's original question.
In post 53, Squirrel Girl wrote:I detect as Human, as stated. I did not indicate whether I was or wasn't Human, Vampire, or anything else. I'm not sure what the value in clarifying that is. Is there one?
Based on my WinCon, I thought it mattered. After doing some mental reevaluating, it's fine. If someone else Claims to be a Town Aligned nonVampire {not saying that you are Claiming this at this time}, this will matter again real quick, unless the Mod is playing loose and fast with certain terms. If said time arises when hypothetical other person Claims Town aligned nonVamp, I'll be
demanding
an answer to my question. I may even tell you why.

@Aronis- Why do you have
literally nothing
to say about anything that doesn't relate directly to your RolePM?

Aronis's Iso - a d3x Retelling

1- I'm Town cause my RPM says so!
2- Here's my RPM!
3- I can't understand my RPM.

This has been another cool story, bro. Thank you for tuning in.

I'm really tempted to shake some shit up, but I'll settle for a Vote instead.

Vote:Aronis
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 67, SpyreX wrote:This:
Is what I'm calling bullshit on. You know you're a miller. You see the wincon. There is no reason there should be any doubt.
While I mostly agree, understand that there are things he can be that are not vampires and still town, assuming Ghouls are scum (which is a rather large assumption, but one that seems fair?).
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 67, SpyreX wrote:This:
I'm not the damn miller!?
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 68, Squirrel Girl wrote:Does your wincon and/or role name state without doubt your nature?
Not really. It talks about visiting the city and getting caught up in this mess. My wincon says I win when the prince declares no more threats. It's obvious I am town-aligned, However, what I am is rather unclear.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 70, d3x wrote:
In post 35, displaced wrote:I have an opinion about something else. Flavour claim makes me unvote
This is odd to me. Aronis didn't flavor Claim, he NameClaimed. Why exactly did this make you back down? Aside from that, why say you have an opinion about something else and then end your post? What was the opinion and what was it on? Did it refer to a ScumRead? If so, why no Vote anywhere? In short, what was the purpose in telling us you had an opinion on something without telling us what the opinion was? Finally, why haven't you followed up on it?
In post 42, Kagami wrote:I have some strong beliefs about a few players' alignments, but I'd like for everyone to check in before I place a srs biz vote.
Is this SOP for you?
In post 49, Kthxbye wrote:My vote would go on him, but I dont like d3x not rvsing me like he has done in the most recent games we have been in together. That is more concerning to me at the moment as it is opposite the norm town him.
Can I thus assume your RVS Vote is for serious, then? Humor me, at what point exactly did it become for serious?
In post 51, Kagami wrote:I'd be surprised if we have vanilla vampires
When did you make this assessment?
While this is more-or-less true, I'd still prefer to have Aronis answer SG's original question.
In post 53, Squirrel Girl wrote:I detect as Human, as stated. I did not indicate whether I was or wasn't Human, Vampire, or anything else. I'm not sure what the value in clarifying that is. Is there one?
Based on my WinCon, I thought it mattered. After doing some mental reevaluating, it's fine. If someone else Claims to be a Town Aligned nonVampire {not saying that you are Claiming this at this time}, this will matter again real quick, unless the Mod is playing loose and fast with certain terms. If said time arises when hypothetical other person Claims Town aligned nonVamp, I'll be
demanding
an answer to my question. I may even tell you why.

@Aronis- Why do you have
literally nothing
to say about anything that doesn't relate directly to your RolePM?

Aronis's Iso - a d3x Retelling

1- I'm Town cause my RPM says so!
2- Here's my RPM!
3- I can't understand my RPM.

This has been another cool story, bro. Thank you for tuning in.

I'm really tempted to shake some shit up, but I'll settle for a Vote instead.

Vote:Aronis
Until I know I'm not going to die within five pages of the start, I have no reason to put effort into helping you idiots find scum.

More reasons to lynch me, Yay!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”