thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Flavour Claims will only lead to Role Claims.

So I'd rather not
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 575, thenewearth wrote:Flavour Claims will only lead to Role Claims.

So I'd rather not
I think the most important thing, even though this is role madness crazy absurdity, is to actually play the core game.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also hanasawa's 10 day V/LA is bothering the heck out of me, tho he's someone to go V/LA a lot but SRSLY?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, it's not great, but it's not an issue either.
It just is.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Instead of complaining about it, let's get down to business and figure out the people we do have here with us.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by Kagami »

You're being unusually sensible, varsoon.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

So i'm not the only one put off by that then.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.11

Hanasawa [1] - GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer [2] - Bitmap, thenewearth
Feirei [1] -
GuyInFreezer

pieguyn [1] - GuyInFreezer
notscience [3] - vezokpiraka, Raging Bullx2
Bitmap [1] - GuyInFreezer
Raging Bull [5] - GuyInFreezer, Feirei, zMuffinMan, notscience, pieguyn
Varsoon [2] -
GuyInFreezer
, Kagami

Not Voting [5]
- Sakura Hana, Hanasawa, Varsoon, borkjerfkin, SXTLHGaiden

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Deadline is April 21, 2014, at 11:00 AM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2014-04-21 13:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Trying a different approach for larger games, especially ones with lots of swing.
I'm also tired of losing and of having players who get carried away, so I really want this.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 579, Varsoon wrote:Instead of complaining about it, let's get down to business and figure out the people we do have here with us.
You can start by commenting on my readlist
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 471, GuyInFreezer wrote:Oh right. I forgot about the suicide element on RB's claim.
Yeah that makes him town too.

Town:

SXTLHGaiden
Sakura Hana
zMuffinMan
notscience
thenewearth
borkjerfkin
vezokpiraka
GuyInFreezer
Kagami
Raging Bull

Leftovers:
pieguyn
Hanasawa
One of {Feirei/Varsoon}
Bitmap
Assume you mean this list?
In post 476, GuyInFreezer wrote:Normally I would put pieguy as town at this point but this time I don't wanna because he was whining at me all day yesterday just to get me to answer those lame questions that are all alignment-neutral aspect of my play.
I attribute the frustrated questioning aspects to Pieguy's towngame. It feels genuine, like he really wants you to respond and is getting upset when you don't.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Who GiF is reading as town:

SXTLHGaiden - I don't like Gaiden that much in this game, actually. Insistence on claims, backseat play, and general aimlessness aren't sitting well with me. Explain this read.
Sakura Hana - Wasn't sure what to think, but I'm pretty sure that Sakura's town after the Miracle Hammer and interactions. If that was faked (IE: Hammer does investigate, but Sakura is scum), then Sakura's throwing down insane-strong scum game that's several levels deep. I'm pretty sure this is just town Sakura.
zMuffinMan - Muffin man always tricks me. I'm reserving my damn judgment on this one, and I assume you're only town-reading him for reactions. If not, explain this read.
notscience - I'm sketch on this one too. Don't like the votes on GiF and RB. Don't like rationale. Don't like NS trying to keep everyone scum-read and promoting WIFOM. It all bugs me. Why is this town? Do you know something I don't know?
thenewearth - Town a hundred times town town forever the new earth town earth town w w w dot thenewearth is town dot com.
borkjerfkin - Bork's a dork. Interaction looks sly and genuine and smart, though. I'm town-reading this, too.
vezokpiraka - Conf.Town.
GuyInFreezer - You're a fucking slippery one. I don't know what your card does/have good interaction to deduce it, so I don't trust it like I do Sakura's. You asking me to comment on your reads list feels awkward to me. If you're scum, you're not scum for your abilities or your role. You're scum because of your play. I want to explore that more than anything.
Kagami - Miller claim makes me feel weird but the play checks out and I've got Kagami as a heavy town-lean, myself. Assumably, you know more about Kagami than me/us.
Raging Bull - I think this is town. Scum could too easily abuse the power and has no reason to claim it like that aside from trying to be insufferably town, which doesn't mesh with the rest of the play coming from this slot.

Leftovers:
pieguyn - Pie's town. Don't know how you could read him as scum in this game. Why aren't you sure on this one.
Hanasawa - I'm also super sketch about Hanasawa. Figure I'll just wait for the slot to come in-game again.
One of {Feirei/Varsoon} - Y'know, why can't we both be town? We've got a neighborhood together, actually. We've got abilities we're both immune to. I'm town. Feirei feels pretty damn town, too.
Bitmap - Absolute blank on this one. Do you know how to get Bitmap to interact/produce alignment-reflective content? 'cus I sure don't.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Pretty sure 476 implied that I didnt put him in my townread for spite.
As far as townread goes I already explained.
but I guess I can do it again.
Gaiden, I think his play is different from the Land of Fantasy. Also, he claimed something that won't live long if town.
Sakura, your angle on her is weird. Exactly which interaction made you townread her?
Muffin, as I said his trying to figure out stuff is town. Maybe there's some of "meh let others deal with muffin" is mixed in a bit, but there.
Notsci- hider mafia. He's doing the same thing here. So no you're not missing anything.
GIF- me asking you to comment on stuff shouldnt be weird at all since I did the same thing to you on hider mafia. Also, it's lacking conclusion.
RB - I honestly havent read his post and put him here bc of the suicide aspect of the role.

pie- he is. Also it's becoming almost tradition for him to tunnel me for dumb reasons. In one game he tunneled me for trolling. In other game he tunneled me for some mod wordings when my role was fully confirmable town role (I made sure that doesnt go unpunished). And this game... raise an objection if I'm wromg but his initial reason for scumreading me is... basically ignoring him calling himself town? It's a new level every time. Normally I shouldnt be bothered by this. I'm expecting all that anyway. But these days I think I'm suffering a deadly desease called "Mafiascum Obvtown Ego Syndrome" (I call this "MOE Syndrome"). So it actually bothers me. And that makes me spiteful despite what my sig says. It truly is a deadly desease that hurts love and peace.

you/feirei - I actually expected a neighbor claim eventually and that's the reason I think one of you is scum. I'm leaning on you more because I don't remember anything special you did bit hey. It's all gonna be cleared tomorrow.

Hanasawa/Bitmap - Even if my reads turns out to be total trash this game, I'm certain at least one of these will flip scum. In hanasawa's case, I'm actually scumreading her. Yes I know Hanasawa didnt even post. (Thanks mastin)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

What did I claim again?
I missed it.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

varsoon wrote:Muffin man always tricks me
where is this coming from?

because i think i've only played against you as scum twice (well, three times if you include 519 where we were both scum and killed each other N1) and in both the games you've been town against me you've been, at the very least, mildly suspicious of me. even in gif's touhou game, you claimed you knew i was manipulating you, so i dunno if that even counts as tricking you.

i could see other players who've actually been bitten by me before playing the paranoia card, but coming from you it's strange
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
Goon
Raging Bull
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Raging Bull »

Muffin, is there something i missed? You looked like you really want to be conf town.

@sakura, i still like gif to retype it to confirm that it worked. Since gif said that mod pm him said its fine, it help to get rid of wifom.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

rb wrote:Muffin, is there something i missed? You looked like you really want to be conf town.
what?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 589, zMuffinMan wrote:
varsoon wrote:Muffin man always tricks me
where is this coming from?

because i think i've only played against you as scum twice (well, three times if you include 519 where we were both scum and killed each other N1) and in both the games you've been town against me you've been, at the very least, mildly suspicious of me. even in gif's touhou game, you claimed you knew i was manipulating you, so i dunno if that even counts as tricking you.

i could see other players who've actually been bitten by me before playing the paranoia card, but coming from you it's strange
It's your avatar, man.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@GiF: Sakura's interaction post-spell card, especially in quick response to when people questioned it/it was discussed. Also, that moment of lamenting using the card on me really hits home.
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
Goon
Raging Bull
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Raging Bull »

In post 591, zMuffinMan wrote:
rb wrote:Muffin, is there something i missed? You looked like you really want to be conf town.
what?
There are few posts i believe that seemed like you want to be conf town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Doesn't everyone, though?
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Feirei »

Back for a bit.

Muffin's been moved into my town reads.

I feel town vibes coming from pieguy

vezok is conftown and being a nuisance. POST MORE DAMMIT.

Raging Bull is
still
not giving me any town vibes.

GiF is town and I'm willing to take his word for it wrt the spellcard.

And fwiw, I have a townread on Varsoon.
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 596, Feirei wrote:Back for a bit.

Muffin's been moved into my town reads.

I feel town vibes coming from pieguy

vezok is conftown and being a nuisance. POST MORE DAMMIT.

Raging Bull is
still
not giving me any town vibes.

GiF is town and I'm willing to take his word for it wrt the spellcard.

And fwiw, I have a townread on Varsoon.
I have a very busy week and sometimes I have to sleep.
I read this thread like 10 times a day. If I feel there is something I should comment on I will.
Right now nothing is happening. There is no big wagon. Nobody has any pressure on him. I don't even want to move my vote.

Do this with me. Wagon notscience. I know you want to.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Feirei »

I have a town read on notscience.
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

raging bull wrote:There are few posts i believe that seemed like you want to be conf town.
yes

there was hinting at a way to confirm someone through stuff with day cards / abilities

i wanted it on me because (a) my role is such that i'd basically be an untouchable IC if i was actually confirmed by a day cop, and (b) there's a fair few players in this game that are going to be playing the paranoia card with me (in case you've somehow missed them mentioning paranoia about me over, and over, and over, and over again) and i wanted to nip that shit in the bud from the get-go

it's almost getting to be a running joke that's making my town games less fun because i could show someone almost undeniable proof that i'm town because of my play and it will just get shrugged off because, "lol, you could do that as scum"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”