Mini 1566: Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Game Over)

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

Your line of reasoning there was illogical.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 273, SMP wrote:
In post 266, BROseidon wrote:
In post 196, HighShroomish wrote:hmph...
SMP where are you? Why have you only had ONE post all game? I don't even think I'm usually this quiet, especially in a fast moving game like this.
Why the tunnel on SMP when I'd been equally inactive up to this point?
I imagine it's because I'm one of the only ones he's played a game with.

Sorry for being inactive, I was busy yesterday and I'll be busy most of today. I've read through the thread once, but I have to read through it again before I get a stronger feel for people.
Actually I've had a game with ffery, kdub, and Aegor before. I just know you a bit better.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 am

Post by catboi »

In post 271, BROseidon wrote:AD and sangres are my strongest town reads right now, and even that's, like, fairly marginal as far as read strength for page 11 goes.

VOTE: phd
why are you voting phd
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Mac »

In post 275, BROseidon wrote:Your line of reasoning there was illogical.
Well, no it wasn't. Jake stepped in my line of questioning. :fferyimpression: It didn't matter whether Dan had played with Jake or not, the question still stood.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Mac »

In post 144, PhDScar wrote:
In post 141, Mac wrote:
In post 132, PhDScar wrote:
In post 128, Mac wrote:
Yep it does. Why would people starting piling votes on Jake though?
I meant it was still opportunistic by the way. I think I got the language screwed up in the first sentence.

I think it could get people to pile votes because it was early, and people like to wagon early, also it could seem like a legitimate vote at first glance. Hence me say "tempting" which still seems to be lost on people.

Why are early wagons bad, doctor?
They aren't I didn't say they were. What I was saying was that that naked vote could of easily lead to a wagon and been very beneficial to scum. I would appreciate more votes on ActionDan right about now guys.
Are early wagons beneficial to scum? Wagon town > probably won't go through, alignment might become obvious. Wagon scum > ???

By attacking Dan's "opportunism," you are implying early wagons are bad. I don't understand why town would want to stifle a wagon, especially when it has just the one vote?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Mac »

In post 176, HighShroomish wrote:SMP is scum. And yes, I'm being completely serious.
I hope by the time I reach 12 you have a post that contains more content that SMP is scum. Perhaps more reads, or an explanation why?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Mac »

My typing is suffering from fatigue, forgive me friends!
PhDScar
PhDScar
Goon
PhDScar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by PhDScar »

In post 279, Mac wrote:
In post 144, PhDScar wrote:
In post 141, Mac wrote:
In post 132, PhDScar wrote:
In post 128, Mac wrote:
Yep it does. Why would people starting piling votes on Jake though?
I meant it was still opportunistic by the way. I think I got the language screwed up in the first sentence.

I think it could get people to pile votes because it was early, and people like to wagon early, also it could seem like a legitimate vote at first glance. Hence me say "tempting" which still seems to be lost on people.

Why are early wagons bad, doctor?
They aren't I didn't say they were. What I was saying was that that naked vote could of easily lead to a wagon and been very beneficial to scum. I would appreciate more votes on ActionDan right about now guys.
Are early wagons beneficial to scum? Wagon town > probably won't go through, alignment might become obvious. Wagon scum > ???

By attacking Dan's "opportunism," you are implying early wagons are bad. I don't understand why town would want to stifle a wagon, especially when it has just the one vote?
Now you are putting words in my mouth, because I never said early wagons were bad, nor does saying opportunistic voting is bad = early wagons are bad.

Though I do believe that early wagons can be beneficial to scum if done a certain way, the way I explained Dan seemed to be trying to implement. Because at that stage in the game it is easy for a wagon to start and I've seen people be able to make anyone look bad after one happens. The person being voted doesn't reacting in certain that scum say is scummy, scum call out last few people on the wagon as being scummy, scum call out people not voting as being scummy for not getting involved with the wagon.
Hell in the last game I played I was killed page three by scum hammering and lived on excuse of that being to obvious of a move for scum. I’ve seen that excuse used in another game on a latter day and it worked then too.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.6

[4] PhDScar (Aj The Epic, catboi, ActionDan, BROseidon)
[2] Aegor (Kdub, sangres)
[2] Hello Kitty Creampuff (Jake From State Farm, Aegor)
[1] ActionDan (PhDScar)
[1] Jake From State Farm (Hello Kitty Creampuff)
[1] Kdub (???)
[1] SMP (HighShroomish)

[2] Not Voting (Mac, SMP)

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-04-23 23:00:00)
beefycheese
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 226, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:AJ I can't detect ur sarcasm
If this is about bert's play, wasn't any sarcasm to detect.
In post 237, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:
In post 224, Aj The Epic wrote:I think I had you as town in Two and a half men...

Yates simply outplayed me (and the town but whatever) in Slendy.
you were pushing me like there was no tomorrow in two and a half men, but yeah I was town in walking dead and my play there was like, the climax of my town games that I can only dream of ever getting back to

VOTE: Aegor
In all honesty, I should probably scum read you here then, shouldn't I? You haven't flipped scum when I've read you as scum so me reading you as such would be better.
In post 272, BROseidon wrote:bork's not being as frequent with VC's as I'm used to :/
Pages 3-9 had to happen within 3-4 hours... I went away to do some work and the thread got dumped on.

If everyone could stop making tons of posts at a time in a row (4 from Mac, 5 from the cat, 7 from Bro...), that would be absolutely fantastic.

PhDScar, as you can probably tell by the flashing sign below most of our names, we've played in the same games often enough... needless to say, this group doesn't quick hammer wagons... In a large, I think the average day 1 size is 80 pages, I'd say this group puts an easy 40 pages in before a lynch. While you may not have known this, I'd hope you understand that we aren't bad enough to let obvious bad plays go unpunished.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Aegor »

catboi
: who are your top scum candidates and why?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 101, Mac wrote:Is it still opportunistic if AD has never played with Jake before?
In post 102, Jake from State Farm wrote:AD has played with me twice

Does that change things ?
Not sure if "opportunistic" is the right term, but AD voting for someone for doing something that they always do, and that AD should be aware of them always doing, is worth noting. The context of AD having played with Jake does change things, and you brushing it off like it doesn't is a bizarre line of reasoning.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 277, catboi wrote:
In post 271, BROseidon wrote:AD and sangres are my strongest town reads right now, and even that's, like, fairly marginal as far as read strength for page 11 goes.

why are you voting phd
He's a scumread, and he's getting wagoned.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 284, Aj The Epic wrote:If everyone could stop making tons of posts at a time in a row (4 from Mac, 5 from the cat, 7 from Bro...), that would be absolutely fantastic.
Walls are anti-town. I'd rather have a person's catch up split into 10 posts than having it be in a single massive wall.

And the thing I was complaining about isn't that there's a lot of posts, it's that there's a fair number of votes moving b/w the VCs, which means I have to manually track some flow stuff later.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by Kdub »

Jake's replace-out thing is null. It wasn't a very strong threat, real or not.

Aegor going for a policy lynch on Hello Kitty bugs me, unless he has some meta reason to think their hydra behavior is a scum tell. I haven't seen any explanation from him. Happy with my vote for now.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
PhDScar
PhDScar
Goon
PhDScar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by PhDScar »

In post 287, BROseidon wrote:
In post 277, catboi wrote:

why are you voting phd
He's a scumread, and he's getting wagoned.
Why am I a scumread though?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Hello Kitty Creampuff »

we talkd some about reads last nite on skype and mara told me to chill and stop being so dissonant so ima quiet down methinks, she did say she is still conflicted about the aj read. also we want to point out that jake backed off his case on us after he realized it wasnt a solid case.

bro i asked her about you and she says she played like 4 games iwthy ou before i think, anyways skype doesnt carry over transcripts from one computer to the other quickly which sucks. i think mara didnt like aegors play so far. neways ttyl
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 273, SMP wrote:
In post 266, BROseidon wrote:
In post 196, HighShroomish wrote:hmph...
SMP where are you? Why have you only had ONE post all game? I don't even think I'm usually this quiet, especially in a fast moving game like this.
Why the tunnel on SMP when I'd been equally inactive up to this point?
I imagine it's because I'm one of the only ones he's played a game with.

Sorry for being inactive, I was busy yesterday and I'll be busy most of today. I've read through the thread once, but I have to read through it again before I get a stronger feel for people.
Are you done rereading yet? It's only twelve pages. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours, and that's going REALLY slow. Nearly all of them are one liners.
---------------------------------------------
On the subject of walls vs. multi-posting
If you multi post, but say walls are anti-town, to make your posts a wall, you just take out the lines separating them. And I'm not talking about all your posts, just the 10 in a row that are all one liners taking up half a page, which makes the whole thing much more annoying to read. You could at least just make it into 2 or 3 whole posts, just to meet halfway. But saying you have no problem with posting a bunch of one liners in a row, but that walls are anti-town, doesn't add up at all.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 292, HighShroomish wrote:On the subject of walls vs. multi-posting
If you multi post, but say walls are anti-town, to make your posts a wall, you just take out the lines separating them. And I'm not talking about all your posts, just the 10 in a row that are all one liners taking up half a page, which makes the whole thing much more annoying to read. You could at least just make it into 2 or 3 whole posts, just to meet halfway. But saying you have no problem with posting a bunch of one liners in a row, but that walls are anti-town, doesn't add up at all.
This really is a personal preference on the reader side - some people prefer to read walls and some prefer back and forth conversations between two players be separate from back and forth with other plaers.

And, in our case, my other head mostly posts via tablet or phone with very rare (and heavily utilized) times on a borrowed laptop. On a tablet, multiquotes and quotestripe catch-ups (which is his preferred style) aren't possible, so he winds up doing several posts in short succession. Please bear with it.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

I wasn't talking about doing it, cause I can completely understand that(95% of my posts are phone posts) This is what I'm talking about-
In post 288, BROseidon wrote:
In post 284, Aj The Epic wrote:If everyone could stop making tons of posts at a time in a row (4 from Mac, 5 from the cat, 7 from Bro...), that would be absolutely fantastic.
Walls are anti-town. I'd rather have a person's catch up split into 10 posts than having it be in a single massive wall.
I don't see how walls are more anti-town than 7 posts in a row.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

I did get into a bit of a rant in 292, sorry about that.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Aegor »

VOTE: PhD

Mac, SMP:
Vote
Currently partying at the