Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 173, ZZZX wrote:Let me explain a few things.

First off I am not a newb. I did about 10 mafia games total with a nice win rate

Anyway a question pops up. Why am I doing those silly mistakes?

Its clearly a reaction test. I find that my wagon got fast and without a reason mainly. I also find A's defense really lazy. The I just sheeped answer is a risky and useless answer to use. So some town points for you. But I still find that vote weird.

Out of all who voted Mr I found less than half writing reasons that are just being overlooked. I guess scum always goes for middle seats in a wagon.

Anyway @people calling me scared for vla my high-school's results were being published so I had some personal issues :D

Currently on phone. I will make a general reads as soon as I go to my PC.
^ town
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 134, Nero Cain wrote:In our last game you seemed sorta spammy. Talk to me about Yates and Piggey.
How did I seem spammy? In this game, at the point you called me out, I had 10 posts in 3 days. Last game we played together I took 8 days to get 10 posts. Looking at my habits I appear to post, on average, about 2-3 comments a day unless I get into something. That is all exactly in line with what I'm doing here. So, again, where are you getting this vibe from,a nd
is there any actual value in it in your opinion?
Or is it a fake presentation you're pushing on me?

I don't particularly have any read on Yates or Pidgey. I would call them both null. I don't agree with the scum case on Yates, but I don't think he's done anything townish either. I don't have much of anything to off Pidgey on, but will admit to a slight gut townish on him moreso than Yates simply because he appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate which Yates did not. I would neithe rparticularly support nor oppose either being lynched at this stage.

What's your read on those two, and what would you like to talk about?
Also, what's your read on Mozamis?
Don't really like the pushing back and being a dick with the bolded. I both hate math at suck at it so I won't even attempt to try it but, I felt you were really active with a lot of content. Here, I didn't get that vibe but that could be just 'cause it was early and there wasn't much to post about.

Pid and Yates are both leaning scum for me. I think Pid's entrance was pretty low key and trying to hang below the radar. I've already discussed Yates but I mean, I guess I can understand him being annoyed (since I can kinda see a similarity between what I'm doing and what you did to me in BoS) but that "I'm scumhunting by attacking my RVSer" is pretty dumb.

I don't really have a scumread on Moz. I guess he could go "hey guys, Nero was super pro-town in Sunny and he was SCUM!" In an attempt to keep me lynchable but I don't really see anything else. What am I missing?

I would ask you about who you want dead other than Moz but I see you are helping me kill Yates. Anyone else you have a scumread on?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Squirrel Girl is town as fuck.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

the only person that thinks she's scum is Yates and umbrage
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Yates »

In post 171, Squirrel Girl wrote:Okay...let's be specific for you then.

Post 125 is scumhunting - he is taking stances and pressing scum reads.
Post 135 is scumhunting - he is presenting a stance and seeking reactions.
Post 136 is scumhunting - he is clarifying a read and providing reasoning.
Post 125 is the one post where he gives a qualified read on Displaced. I had already granted you this post. While not scum hunting, he at least gives a reason for his read and vote.

This is post 135:
In post 135, pidgey wrote:Typical horrible umbridge reads
An unqualified statement. It isn't even a reaction fish. He just makes the statement with no reasoning, explanation, or follow up. How you equate unqualified statements like these to be "scum hunting" is beyond words.

Post 136 is the other post I already mentioned that adds to his Displaced scum read. Again, he is qualifying a read - which is not the same thing as scum hunting.

So even using your loose definition of "scum hunting" as "giving reads" you get 2 out of 8. And frankly, giving reads isn't scum hunting - it's simply playing the game. So you see why I would be confused as to how you came to the conclusion that
In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:he appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate
Of course, if you are going to use such a broad stroke to define "scum hunting," you would also understand why I'm confused as to why you would claim *I* did not appear to be scum hunting given that virtually ALL of my posts from literally my first post to this one meet or exceed that marginal standard for scum hunting that you are willing to accept.
In post 177, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Squirrel Girl is town as fuck.
Based on what? A demonstrated misunderstanding of the definition of the term "scum hunting?" Or is it the obvious and provable inconsistencies presented in her reads that are the literal definition of Cognitive Dissonance?

I've been catching scum left and right looking for people that fabricate reads with no substance. Where's the substance on this read, Chandra?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:12 am

Post by ZZZX »

P.s Yates you appear to suspect a few people it seems.

Who and why?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 112, beastcharizard wrote:

Josh just jumped on me for one of the silliest reasons I have ever seen in my life.
Pressure bro. Don't take it personally, unless you're plox.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 174, Umbrage wrote:I know you don't think it's anti-town or scummy. But you know that other people do think that. So why would you want to draw attention to it? I can't think of any town motivation.
Again, let's clarify that only one item on your list of three is possible for me to be treating in this way - and I find it odd you're not defending your stance or agreeing with mine on that point. Secondly, people think wagoning is scummy - I still wagon. People think asking too many questions is scummy - I still ask a lot of questions. People think posting pictures is scummy - I still post pictures. Just because I'm aware that people have issues with something doesn't meant hat I agree with them nor that I will immediately adjust my play for them, because my play does seem to work (except for getting people to listen to me - apparently :oops: ).

I didn't have town or scum motivation in the comment I did. The comment was a joke - if anything it was a motivation to suggest that his playstyle is silly. That could come from me regardless of my alignment because I do find it silly as a tell. It's about the same line as saying someone who doesn't use capital letters is scummy.
In post 174, Umbrage wrote:also I love the progression from this:
In post 169, Yates wrote:Except if you actually read the posts, you'll see that my beef it isn't a defense - it's noticing meta. I would have said pretty much the same thing if he did this to about three other people off the top of my head. So, again, you're just wrong.
I can understand that's your stance. I disagree with you.
to this:
Squirrel Girl wrote:
Vote: Yates

And I'm here now too.
from "you're wrong but I see why you would think that" to "you're scum" in two posts.
I feel you ignored the bulk of the rest of that post, wherein I did not express much agreement with Yates or what he was doing. If you go back and read that I tink the progression will make a lot more sense to you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll point out things for you to help you understand why I think he's scum.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 182, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 174, Umbrage wrote:I know you don't think it's anti-town or scummy. But you know that other people do think that. So why would you want to draw attention to it? I can't think of any town motivation.
Again, let's clarify that only one item on your list of three is possible for me to be treating in this way - and I find it odd you're not defending your stance or agreeing with mine on that point. Secondly, people think wagoning is scummy - I still wagon. People think asking too many questions is scummy - I still ask a lot of questions. People think posting pictures is scummy - I still post pictures. Just because I'm aware that people have issues with something doesn't meant hat I agree with them nor that I will immediately adjust my play for them, because my play does seem to work (except for getting people to listen to me - apparently :oops: ).

I didn't have town or scum motivation in the comment I did. The comment was a joke - if anything it was a motivation to suggest that his playstyle is silly. That could come from me regardless of my alignment because I do find it silly as a tell. It's about the same line as saying someone who doesn't use capital letters is scummy.
In post 174, Umbrage wrote:also I love the progression from this:
In post 169, Yates wrote:Except if you actually read the posts, you'll see that my beef it isn't a defense - it's noticing meta. I would have said pretty much the same thing if he did this to about three other people off the top of my head. So, again, you're just wrong.
I can understand that's your stance. I disagree with you.
to this:
Squirrel Girl wrote:
Vote: Yates

And I'm here now too.
from "you're wrong but I see why you would think that" to "you're scum" in two posts.
I feel you ignored the bulk of the rest of that post, wherein I did not express much agreement with Yates or what he was doing. If you go back and read that I tink the progression will make a lot more sense to you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll point out things for you to help you understand why I think he's scum.

I totally agree with squirrel since I feel in the same boat... Other than that I use my play style to my advantage.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Yates »

In post 180, ZZZX wrote:P.s Yates you appear to suspect a few people it seems.

Who and why?
As of this post I will have 12 posts. They are all written in English and fairly succinct for the amount of information they each posses. Feel free to read them and arrive at your own conclusions. I don't mean to be a prick but if I'm going to run up and down squirrel's back for having poor reads, and I'm going to call into question the efficacy of pidgey's scum hunting without providing reasons for reads, I certainly can't provide you with any more information than what I have already presented you with in order to enable you to come to your own conclusions.
Please pm me to pre-in
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 179, Yates wrote: I've been catching scum left and right looking for people that fabricate reads with no substance. Where's the substance on this read, Chandra?
I have a gut full of raging fire.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:26 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

So instead of making things clear (I'm pretty sure your only "scum" reads are my and Squirrel despite not voting any of us) you got go tell folks to read your posts.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 186, TheUnderachivers wrote:So instead of making things clear (I'm pretty sure your only "scum" reads are my and Squirrel despite not voting any of us) you got go tell folks to read your posts.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 55, vezokpiraka wrote:My phone at my last post.

vote umbrage

I hope we can all agree this is the superior wagon.
Really? what makes this wagon any better than other wagons, /and what makes you so quick to get on it?
UnfriendlyNeighbors
UnfriendlyNeighbors
Townie
UnfriendlyNeighbors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am

Post by UnfriendlyNeighbors »

It's Anna Kendrick because I think I may love her in a way she will never understand.

About to inhale some soup and then it's catchup time.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Umbrage »

HEY PIDGEY WHERE'D YOU GO I WANNA POKE YOU SOME MORE
well I can tell you're going to be a big help
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Yates »

In post 186, TheUnderachivers wrote:So instead of making things clear (I'm pretty sure your only "scum" reads are my and Squirrel despite not voting any of us) you got go tell folks to read your posts.
Who are you?

And yes. Read. Who cares about my vote right now? It's early and I'm doing stuff. You should be doing YOUR OWN stuff. We can loop back in later in the day after you've done some of your own stuff and we can compare notes. That's how it works.
Please pm me to pre-in
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 97, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 95, Josh_B wrote:Sheeping is convenient. -for scum. How about I promise to vote exactly opposite on every one that you vote for except for the times that I come to the conclusion on my own that I should vote on the same person that you are voting for. And even then, it will be voting in opposition.
Wouldn't it be easier just to vote him for sheeping?
No, that would be too easy. We all have to sheep sometimes. Too much sheeping and singularity sheeping on the other hand..should be questioned.
How did the Umbrage analysis go?
Umbrage tends to give early town reads that cause him trouble later in the games. It looks like he seriously cares about mislynching and is reducing the number of wagonable suspects.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 100, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 95, Josh_B wrote:Sheeping is convenient. -for scum. How about I promise to vote exactly opposite on every one that you vote for except for the times that I come to the conclusion on my own that I should vote on the same person that you are voting for. And even then, it will be voting in opposition.
Town sheep all the time, bro. Yeah he could be scum sheeping but he could be being genuine here 'cause this is a super mature stance to take.
In post 98, pappums rat wrote: I dont like this series of posts:
In post 65, ZZZX wrote:
In post 64, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 62, ZZZX wrote:
In post 61, Chandra Nalaar wrote:That's an antitown decision :(
Not really, I think pushing a wagon on the over reacting dude will give us more info no?
So where is your vote on the over reacting dude?
Ops forgot :D

Vote Yates

Forgetting to vote? Ehhh... Someone who was serious about this scumread would not be "forgetting" to vote, it sounds to me like he is making this up.

Vote: ZZZX
Could be, I know I have him on my watch list but I've seen town do this before but then again I've seen some of the strangest "town" play these past few years.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 190, Umbrage wrote:HEY PIDGEY WHERE'D YOU GO I WANNA POKE YOU SOME MORE
well I can tell you're going to be a big help
Hmmmm, which snarky reply should I choose? "You'd be surprised ;)" or "I can tell you're going to be scum"?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@Yates-Well see, despite the fact that your sole scumreads are on your attackers. As if that's not pathetic enough. A vote is more telling than words. I also think there's a lot of scum motivation in not joining a wagon unless it gains traction and neither me and SG are getting lynched so what's your motivation for not voting?

Yes yates, I realize your vote is on your RVS but that's effectively a no lynch vote.

displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:55 am

Post by displaced »

In post 125, pidgey wrote:I dunno i have no reads yet nero seems town for now.

Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"

vote: Displaced
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
These statements dont really tally
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 184, Yates wrote:As of this post I will have 12 posts. They are all written in English and fairly succinct for the amount of information they each posses. Feel free to read them and arrive at your own conclusions. I don't mean to be a prick but if I'm going to run up and down squirrel's back for having poor reads, and I'm going to call into question the efficacy of pidgey's scum hunting without providing reasons for reads, I certainly can't provide you with any more information than what I have already presented you with in order to enable you to come to your own conclusions.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 100, Nero Cain wrote:
Town sheep all the time, bro. Yeah he could be scum sheeping but he could be being genuine here 'cause this is a super mature stance to take.

Baah! Why did he pick you? Are you a farmer that I've never heard of before?
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:02 am

Post by pidgey »

Umbrage- Im not caling you scum because at the moment i really dont have any real read on you, and no reason to call you scum. I do hwever called your read on me shit (yeah only that single read on me)

My reason is that the one game i played with you, you and I were town, and you also called me scum RIGHT OF THE FUCKING GATE WHEN I HAD CALLED 3 SCUMS ON MY FIRST 3 SCUM READS. That was on disney villian mafia. So yeah, granted one game might not be enough to make a judgement out of you, but from my experience you fucking suck at reading me and you are the biggest tunnel vissioner ive probably encountered. And the fact that you got on your "scum read" on an RVS Drunk post of me which was fucking super cool is indeed fucking stupid.

So yah.

I pretty much agree that squirrel girl calling me a super scum hunter for my first posts is weird lol dunno if its town or scum but it does look like trying to get allies and getting on my good side? Mostly because for some reason people like nero and others keep asking other players for reads on me which is p. cool i like being in the spot light.
-----------------
Sup

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”