Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Yates »

In post 297, Squirrel Girl wrote:Admitting that what you're doing is scummy and that I was right does NOT preclude that it was scummy and I am right.
Oh I get it now. You are reading words that I'm not typing. Did I say anything even remotely similar to what you are accusing me of? Your answer is in the rest of the sentence you cropped. And that seems odd coming from someone who accuses me of cherry picking and misrepping since the part you cropped removes the actual context.Spoiler alert, it's pretty easy to spot!
Spoiler:
In post 286, Yates wrote:Of course I picked the first four on purpose. It made your argument look as silly as possible.
That's the point.
I'm disproving your arguments
. It's not like I picked posts 1,3,4, and 8 randomly while ignoring ACTUAL scum hunting.

In post 298, Squirrel Girl wrote:Here is Yates other reply about the cherry picking. He admits to no cherry picking at all and is DEFENDING that his "out the gate" deal qualifies them as valid quotes.
Again, your answer is in the rest of the sentence you cropped. I'll include that here with bolded words for easy reading.
Spoiler:
In post 169, Yates wrote:I "cherry picked" the front half because you said he was scumhunting "right out the gate" and
his first 4 posts [you know - the ones "out the gate"]
were zero content and an RVS vote
. We also obviously define scum hunting quite differently.
Giving reads without context is not the same as advancing the game
. And I'm not saying this because I have a scum read [or any read] on pidgey but specifically because
you are making claims that do not hold up under scrutiny

In post 299, Squirrel Girl wrote:my arguemnet was - Pidgey and Yates are null.
If your argument was "Pidgey and Yates are null" we wouldn't have had a problem. But that wasn't your argument, was it? You said Pidgey is Town because he did X and Yates is not Town because he didn't do X. I look at the ISO and see that - gee, Pidgey doesn't seem to be doing X at all and I *know* that I *am* doing X so where is this coming from? I ask you about it. And now we have like 4 pages of back and forth because you faked reads and won't own up to it despite being given every opportunity to recognize either your mistake or misunderstanding of what was being said and done. Mistakes happen. Misreads happen. Stubborn refusal to yield to facts? Scum.

VOTE: Squirrel Girl

I will ask you again - what
specifically
did I misrepresent?
What
specifically
did I take out of context with the Pidgey quote?
Why haven't you asked
Pidgey
if I'm wrong about what he was saying in that quote?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 300, Yates wrote:I will ask you again - what specifically did I misrepresent?
Are you serious? Like, you don't understand what I've said you misrepresented? Didn't you just admit to doing the misrep (oh, I'm sorry, 'functional counter debate point') in your last post?

But, seriously, you don't know?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 286, Yates wrote:Perhaps. Let's take a different approach. Do you feel like Pidgey was scum hunting in those first 8 posts? I don't think he was, my interpretation of Pidgey's post is that he didn't think he was, but what do YOU think? Also, do you feel like I was NOT scum hunting in my first 6 posts? I think I was, but of course I have the benefit of knowing why I go in the direction I go so maybe my scum hunting isn't obvious to everyone else? What do YOU think?
Yes, I think Pid was hunting. If you didn't think Pid was scumhunting why haven't you called Pid out and why did you call 2 of his posts scumhunting? I'm again with SG here, I think Pid misread/misinterpreted here. She said that Pid was scumhunting not that he was a super scumhunter. I don't think you've been hunting at all, all of your posts have been reactionary and pushing back on anyone that suspects you.

Pid, what do you think of Yates accusing you of fake scumhunting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 286, Yates wrote:Perhaps. Let's take a different approach. Do you feel like Pidgey was scum hunting in those first 8 posts? I don't think he was, my interpretation of Pidgey's post is that he didn't think he was, but what do YOU think? Also, do you feel like I was NOT scum hunting in my first 6 posts? I think I was, but of course I have the benefit of knowing why I go in the direction I go so maybe my scum hunting isn't obvious to everyone else? What do YOU think?
Yes, I think Pid was hunting. If you didn't think Pid was scumhunting why haven't you called Pid out and why did you call 2 of his posts scumhunting? I'm again with SG here, I think Pid misread/misinterpreted here. She said that Pid was scumhunting not that he was a super scumhunter. I don't think you've been hunting at all, all of your posts have been reactionary and pushing back on anyone that suspects you.

Pid, what do you think of Yates accusing you of fake scumhunting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 300, Yates wrote:
If your argument was "Pidgey and Yates are null" we wouldn't have had a problem.
But that wasn't your argument, was it?
You said Pidgey is Town because he did X and Yates is not Town because he didn't do X.
In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:
I don't particularly have any read on Yates or Pidgey. I would call them both null.
I don't agree with the scum case on Yates, but I don't think he's done anything townish either. I don't have much of anything to off Pidgey on, but
will admit to a slight gut townish on him moreso than Yates
simply because he appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate which Yates did not.
:facepalm:
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 300, Yates wrote:Stubborn refusal to yield to facts? Scum.
:lol:
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Umbrage »

SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE VOTING YATES

HE'S WRONG AS SHIT BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM SCUM
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 am

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 294, mozamis wrote:
In post 168, Umbrage wrote:One thing's for sure, what you're doing is anti-town, and it seems delibrate. Explain yourself please.
Squirrel vs Yates looks town on town to me.
I'm gonna agree with Dr. Evil avatar guy here... The back and forth walls between the 2 of them is quite the read. I (personally as Fenix head) like Nero Cain as town as well.
Also, thank you Chandra.
Where the balls did KidA run off to?

-Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Yates »

In post 303, Nero Cain wrote:If you didn't think Pid was scumhunting why haven't you called Pid out...
One thing at a time. My first priority was to suss out SG. And why would I focus on Pidgey? There are a LOT of players in this game that don't appear to have started yet. That wasn't the real point. The real point is SG said he did X. I did the ISO. He didn't do X. In this case X is "scum hunt" but it could have been ANYTHING that Pidgey wasn't doing.
In post 303, Nero Cain wrote:...and why did you call 2 of his posts scumhunting?
I conceded that given SG's BROAD definition of scum hunting [apparently giving a read or an explanation for a read] two posts would have qualified. Basically, trying to avoid a semantic argument while also setting her up for the second part of my point - the second part of my point is that even under a STRICT definition I *was* scum hunting and she was claiming I wasn't. Again, she claimed I wasn't doing X but an ISO proves I was doing X. In this case X is scum hunting but it could have been anything I'm doing including making snarky posts.
In post 303, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think you've been hunting at all, all of your posts have been reactionary and pushing back on anyone that suspects you.
Well, sure I'll push back on people. I actually haven't said boo to ZZZ yet so the second part isn't accurate. And you admitted to what I was accusing you of so I'm willing to let it slide and read you based on content. And the interesting thing here is you claim you don't believe I wasn't scum hunting when my first few posts were clearly me scum hunting you. :igmeou:
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Yates »

In post 303, Nero Cain wrote:Pid, what do you think of Yates accusing you of fake scumhunting?
Also, I never made this claim. I simply stated that he did not appear to have begun scum hunting yet within his first 8 posts. Two very different things. It is important to note the distinction given SG's claimed reasons for her reads. That's it.
Please pm me to pre-in
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:22 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

I don't see a difference between Pid isn't scumhunting and no I don't think he's fake scum hunting 'cause if you think that Pid's attack on Displaced was not scumhunting then it would have to be fake?
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:22 am

I don't see a difference between Pid isn't scumhunting and no I don't think he's fake scum hunting 'cause if you think that Pid's attack on Displaced was not scumhunting then it would have to be fake?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 311, TheUnderachivers wrote:I don't see a difference between Pid isn't scumhunting and no I don't think he's fake scum hunting 'cause if you think that Pid's attack on Displaced was not scumhunting then it would have to be fake?

pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:37 am

Post by pidgey »

This is fucking retarded, but i guess i can fucking put my 2 cents?

1.- I dont think i scum hunted on my first 4 posts.
As a matter of fact, im pretty sure i was drunk and having fun.
2.- 12 or so hours later, if i remember correctly, I think i gave my initial, not really hard reads but first content that i noticed in thread in the latter 4 posts.
-----------------
Sup
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 306, Umbrage wrote:SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE VOTING YATES

HE'S WRONG AS SHIT BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM SCUM
What about the
way
that he's wrong? I agree that being wrong doesn't equate to scum - but does he actually go and be wrong like this as town? Like, he cherry picks and intentionally builds bogus cases and acts like it's legit and bully people as town?
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 am

Post by pidgey »

I think in any world, giving some reads and shit and placing a serious vote is called scum hunting, so yeah i probably was doing that. Even if in a limited way.
-----------------
Sup
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Yay for reality!
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 am

Post by pidgey »

I scum hunted a lil

:)
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 am

Post by pidgey »

THAT SAID, i do still find it a bit weird SG called me town (though apperantly she didnt, or at least she is saying i was null back then now) for my first posts being about scum hunting when they were kinda limited.

But yeah this whole argument just really... dumb.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 am

Post by pidgey »

Oh and just saw nero's posts, saying i FAKE SCUM HUNTED is an outright lie. I RVS shit posted, and i gave like 3 senteces of reads, but that wasnt fake at all.
-----------------
Sup
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 am

In post 313, pidgey wrote:This is fucking retarded, but i guess i can fucking put my 2 cents?

No one said this. We (me and SG) are saying that you started scumhunting Displaced.

and then Yates is all like "no he hasn't been scumhunting" wich...I...I...just don't get 'cause how you you hold that something is not scumhunting but not fake?
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 am

In post 313, pidgey wrote:This is fucking retarded, but i guess i can fucking put my 2 cents?

No one said this. We (me and SG) are saying that you started scumhunting Displaced.

and then Yates is all like "no he hasn't been scumhunting" wich...I...I...just don't get 'cause how you you hold that something is not scumhunting but not fake?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 321, TheUnderachivers wrote:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 319, pidgey wrote:Oh and just saw nero's posts, saying i FAKE SCUM HUNTED is an outright lie. I RVS shit posted, and i gave like 3 senteces of reads, but that wasnt fake at all.
yeah...I never said anything like that.

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 318, pidgey wrote:THAT SAID, i do still find it a bit weird SG called me town (though apperantly she didnt, or at least she is saying i was null back then now)
I've quoted what I said multiple times. If you can get a quote of me calling you town then I'll defend the accusation that I called you town. I know Yates *wishes* to present that as what I said, but it's provably another mistake/lie/misrep on his part to try to spread misinformation.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”