Mini 1556: Greetings Without Spain (GAME OVER FAREWELL)

idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #884 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 am

Post by idk »

Alright, just letting you guys know I'm here, currently reading through what's happened so far.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #887 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 am

Post by idk »

Last post read: #884 by idk

Alright, I've read through Day 3, and a little bit of Day 1. Will try and completely catch up later.

Anyway, I feel confident that evilpacman's claim is fake. It seemed very forced, and, as far as I know, he didn't have any reason to claim. Not to mention his play hasn't exactly been the best, either. That being said, Aisa, who, if I'm not mistaken, pacman replaced, seemed pretty town, aside from the seemingly random self vote day 1.

I'm inclined to believe ICEninja's claim, seems pretty genuine to me.

RedCoyote's claim, on the other hand, is hard to figure out. Commuter is definitely an interesting role, and definitely not one of the most believable claims, but that could be exactly why he claimed it. Seems like a lot of WIFOM to me.

As I like to avoid using WIFOM as a reason to vote whenever possible, I'll

VOTE: VOTE: EVILPACMAN18

Pre-edit:
In post 885, RedCoyote wrote:Very cool. Unfortunately you're currently in a pretty rough position, idk. It would be great if you could read the entire game, but that could certainly be daunting for your first (?) game. I don't know how much experience you have offsite, but we tend to get a bit wordy here at MS.

Even though you haven't asked, I'll try to sum up the game as best I can:

Spoiler: Game Summary
D1 has Kthx arguing with Kcda (now Rubicon) to the point where both players were strongly voting each other. Meanwhile, Xayzeck's wagon grew to L-1 on account of his strange relationship with pisskop (now me) and his continual empty promises for activity and content. His lynch was bungled, however, when the players misread the amount of votes. Some people then took Xay's post after his "hammer" as proof that he was town, others didn't, but ultimately the momentum shifted toward pisskop because of his faux hammer. pisskop looked like the eventual lynch until which brought suspicion of pisskop down in favor of Titus. Titus didn't have much impact on the game, so you don't really need to read her posts. Just know that she was the lynch and which players ended up supporting her wagon. Rhinox's is a very good analysis of the lynch wagon. Start of D2, pisskop is quickly pushed to L-1 (I think, maybe just L-2). Replacements for pisskop, Luc (N), Thom (Equinox), and Aisa (pacman) happen here. I successfully manage to stop the wagon on myself in favor of Xay. pacman is considered during D2, but Rubicon never really gets off the wagon off ground. ICE and I bickered a lot, but ICE eventually votes Xay (the eventual lynch) along with myself, Kthx, pacman, Equinox and Rubicon. No nightkill happens on N2. D3 is where we're at now with three major claims having occurred. ICE claimed compulsive hider. He must hide every night. He dies if he hides behind scum and survives if he hides behind town (that isn't killed). He has successfully hidden behind N and Equinox. pacman claimed doctor that protected Equinox N2 and no one on N1. I claimed 2-shot commuter that has used one shot on N1. Current discussions being had are debating the veracity of the claims and whether they're scum-aligned or not (Equinox's is a good one to read). We're also naturally discussing the lynch for today. The main serious candidates being myself, pacman, and you. Rubicon has also been talking about lynching Rhinox or the benefits of a no lynch, but I haven't seen either of these options gain much traction so far.

At the very least, please read that spoiler and the posts I linked to within. If you want and are able to read the whole game however, please be my guest.
:eek: Wow, that makes it much easier haha. I've played around 10 games offsite, so I'm not new to the game, but still, thank you very much.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #889 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 am

Post by idk »

In post 888, Rubicon wrote:Wanna claim?
Just your friendly neighborhood VT. :)
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 am

Post by idk »

Er, that could've been worded better.

Just a VT, not a neighbor.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #907 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:33 am

Post by idk »

In post 906, ICEninja wrote:We need to lynch scum today. My chances of staying alive tonight tank pretty harshly if we miss.

Let's just go with the safer lynch today.

Nothing is getting done anyway.
Why do you want me/fitz dead so badly? Maybe I'm missing something, but wasn't the fitz wagon mainly on the fact that he wasn't posting anything substantial?

You seem a bit eager to get the bandwagon starting again. I'm pretty sure we have like 5 days left till the deadline, anyway.
In post 904, evilpacman18 wrote::facepalm:
fine I'll do work, don't lynch me before I post
Hey pacman, looks like Kthx was nice and decided to take you off L-1. Don't let him down. Post.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #915 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by idk »

Heh, tbh I'm just laughing over here with you guys saying that "you can't envision a scum team without me" because, in fact, within this game, there
is
a scum team without me. Oh well.
In post 908, ICEninja wrote:You are missing something. I can't really envision any scum team that doesn't have you on it. The fact that RC is the only slot alive that was a main wagon still gives me pause that EPM
COULD
be town and RC be scum despite how much evidence points to the opposite being true.

With your slot there's not much of anything that gives me pause.
Mind telling me what I'm missing?
In post 911, Equinox wrote:Looking at just the makeup of the wagons, the idk wagon sure looks more enticing than the evilpacman18 wagon does. I've been stuck on this paranoia that the doctor claim is town, but evilpacman18 stalling the confession of his sins sure makes the paranoia feel delusional.

And I'm sorry for being shitty at catching up.
Well of course voting me seems less risky than voting pacman, as if his role claim is in fact genuine, we lose the doctor, where if
my
role claim is genuine, you only lose a VT. However, with me knowing that my claim
is
in fact genuine, I have to try and make a case on someone other than myself, or else I would be playing against my Win Condition.
In post 913, evilpacman18 wrote:Well look I'll get to the point and double back with the details. The scum team is idk, Rubicon, and RC. It's really pretty obvious if you look at the associative tells but I know a lot of people don't do that and I have the advantage of knowing my role. I probably have seemed bored with the game today, I certainly haven't been trying hard, the scum, Rubicon in particular, are hopping on that acting like it's scummy but really I think if you just look at my posts from my perspective, where the scumhunting is done and we just need to get on with the lynches and end this, I think it makes a lot more sense. Certainly I'd try harder as scum. I'll start with idk.

Spoiler: why idk is scum
887 is truly the only relevant post but in it. Notice for instance how his excuse for voting isn't so much related to me as it is related to not wanting to vote for RC. He sees my claim seems fake and my play is bad after admitting that he has only read day 3 and small parts of day 1 ("as far as I know, he didn't have any reason to claim" well you know very little, don't you?) and "it seems forced" is bullshit when talking about a claim that I really didn't need to do so early. "Forced" would be if I was on the verge of getting lynched, but I claimed on my own time, as my own decision. Actually reading that sentence "seemed very forced" and "he didn't have any reason to claim" are not only both lies but also directly contradictory to one another.
Like I said earlier, I was fine with a fitz lynch. This was mostly because I know who I think is town and if they thought fitz needed rope over the other uncertains, like Rhinox, I was fine with trusting them. idk has since come in, immediately aligned himself with RC, and come up with some really weak reasons to be voting me. Given his position when he replaced in, where he was about to be lynched, it seems like too much of a coincidence too, that he came in, didn't try to read anyone but me, and voted me. The vote comes off as more of a best bet at survival than a scum read he legitimately has.

More in a few hours, that actually took a long time to write. Anything I should address besides cases? Maybe I should try to better explain why me claiming was a good idea.
Oh dear, you caught me. I am in fact scum. You should all probably lynch me now! :roll:

I voted you>RedCoyote because you both are scumreads of mine, but RC's case is based mostly off of WIFOM, while yours is not. I said "as far as I know" because I'm not going to falsely claim that I've read everything so far. You pretty much nailed the definition of "forced", if you slightly altered the beginning. If a claim is forced, the person who claimed was a suspect, but was not at L-1/L-2, and still claimed. And, *gasp*, that's exactly the situation you were in.

This sentence:
"Actually reading that sentence "seemed very forced" and "he didn't have any reason to claim" are not only both lies but also directly contradictory to one another."
is absolutely incorrect. First of all, they do not contradict each other whatsoever. Secondly, I said "as far as I know, he didn't have any reason to claim", not just "he didn't have any reason to claim". This may not seem like a big difference, but what I said implies that I do not know for sure (which I don't). Can someone give me a reason why he needed to claim?

I'm kind of swamped with homework right now, so I may not be able to post again tonight, but I'll try and check in at some point tomorrow. See ya.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #959 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 am

Post by idk »

Well, shit. Pacman was town.

Phone-posting right now, but will try and make a post later. Don't lynch me quite yet!
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #996 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 am

Post by idk »

Well, that certainly wasn't a fun position to replace into, especially for my first game on MS. :lol:

Congratulations scum team for completely steamrolling the town! I've never seen a game where the wolves dominated like they did in this one. ICE, great play from you; I would've never thought that you were scum this game.

Hope to see you all in some more games on here!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”