Mini 1556: Greetings Without Spain (GAME OVER FAREWELL)

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 896, ICEninja wrote:Epm is a tolerable lynch.
+1
In post 898, ICEninja wrote:See this is why I want to lynch idk. There isn't a good reason to NOT lynch him, whereas with both EPM there is going to be some measure of doubt. I suppose Kthx's point is decent though. I still prefer an idk lynch but I'm ok hammering EPM if that's the direction we're moving.

In all seriousness at this point I just can't really conceieve of a scum team not involving that slot. It is the lower risk lynch IMO.
Also +1, except I don't really agree with kthx
In post 892, Kthxbye wrote:The fitz wagon was far too easy. He was not posting and I don't remember even a hint of argument against it. Not saying idk is town, but the wagon just starting giving me an odd feeling, thus the unvote.
If you're not scum, then I think you're just being paranoid. If you're town, then the whole wagon before you unvoted is town. At least 75% of it from your POV, depending on your read on me. I don't know why that would be giving you an odd feeling. There's no argument against it because everyone has pretty much POE'd the slot as scum out of necessity for anything else to make sense. The fact that fitz/idk hasn't been lynched yet should be a sign that its not as "easy" as you think it is.

If fitz/idk is scum, I really don't expect scum could afford to be actively against lynching him. I think we're pretty much at the point of the game where scum usually aren't actively against their partner's lynches because they're afraid of being linked to their partners. When there's such a small pool of likely scum, when scum pretend to be town, from their POV they pretty much have to have scum reads on their partners and be ok with their lynches.

The way the day is evolving, it looks like either EPM or idk will be the lynch, and I think both are likely scum. I see the same argument regarding the EPM lynch that no one is really against it. I actually sensed more momentum towards lynching one of RC or EPM throughout the day than lynching fitz/idk, which makes it seem like scum doesn't want fitz lynched today.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:24 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm sorry, everyone. This week has been absolutely crazy. I'll get on this later this afternoon. For what it's worth, I wouldn't say speed/easiness of a wagon would be a good metric at this point, since scum are forced to bus vigorously given that the rest of the game is going to be process-of-elimination. I think we should wait for evilpacman18 to come back and spill all of his deepest, darkest secrets, though.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:41 am

Post by ICEninja »

I'm ok with waiting for people to come in and give their 2 cents but I'm honestly not sure what more can be added today based on the information we currently have. I don't want to let scum draw today on excessively long, as that seems to result in things being more convoluted than before. I asked not long ago if anyone had an issue lynching fits/idk and Kthx was the only one with anything agiant it. And it wasn't really enough to make me think the idk slot can be town.

If anyone has anything new to say then let's have it. If not, I think it's about time for some votes to come down.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 900, Rhinox wrote:I actually sensed more momentum towards lynching one of RC or EPM throughout the day than lynching fitz/idk, which makes it seem like scum doesn't want fitz lynched today.
This is a good point, and your sense is not wrong. A big part of the reason why that was so though was because pacman and I are actively going after one another whereas fitz hasn't posted at all D3 and idk just got here yesterday. In that regard, I think you ought to weigh that idea that it "seems like scum don't want fitz lynched" versus people being reluctant to lynch someone over what amounts to lurking and PoE. I'm not shy in saying that pacman is a scumread of mine based on content, meta, and setup speculation. By contrast, idk isn't a scumread of mine based on any of those traits. He's only a scumread of mine because he's the least townie VT by factors completely independent of him. Hence PoE. And with that, I want to add that it's entirely possible that you and/or Kthx and/or Rubicon could be playing well enough in my eyes to get me to actively read all three of you as town.

As a matter of fact, it could still very well be the fact that you all three are the scumteam... although that clearly is what I would consider to be the least likely scenario at this point.

---
ICE 902 wrote:I'm ok with waiting for people to come in and give their 2 cents but I'm honestly not sure what more can be added today based on the information we currently have. I don't want to let scum draw today on excessively long, as that seems to result in things being more convoluted than before.
I was just about ready to disagree with you, but there's something to what you said here. Town can second guess themselves until they end up with a shot foot and a gg scum.

VOTE: evilpacman18

No fear. No regrets. #YOLO
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:17 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

:facepalm:
fine I'll do work, don't lynch me before I post
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Kthxbye »

UNVOTE:

Fine. Wish granted. Let's see this work.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 am

Post by ICEninja »

We need to lynch scum today. My chances of staying alive tonight tank pretty harshly if we miss.

Let's just go with the safer lynch today.

Nothing is getting done anyway.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:33 am

Post by idk »

In post 906, ICEninja wrote:We need to lynch scum today. My chances of staying alive tonight tank pretty harshly if we miss.

Let's just go with the safer lynch today.

Nothing is getting done anyway.
Why do you want me/fitz dead so badly? Maybe I'm missing something, but wasn't the fitz wagon mainly on the fact that he wasn't posting anything substantial?

You seem a bit eager to get the bandwagon starting again. I'm pretty sure we have like 5 days left till the deadline, anyway.
In post 904, evilpacman18 wrote::facepalm:
Hey pacman, looks like Kthx was nice and decided to take you off L-1. Don't let him down. Post.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 am

Post by ICEninja »

You are missing something. I can't really envision any scum team that doesn't have you on it. The fact that RC is the only slot alive that was a main wagon still gives me pause that EPM
COULD
be town and RC be scum despite how much evidence points to the opposite being true.

With your slot there's not much of anything that gives me pause.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 904, evilpacman18 wrote::facepalm:
[working intensifies]
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

Not voting (3): Equinox, evilpacman18, Kthxbye

idk (3): ICEninja, Rhinox, N
evil (3): idk, Rubicon, RedCoyote

9 alive, 5 to lynch

(expired on 2014-04-24 08:16:57) until deadline
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Equinox »

Looking at just the makeup of the wagons, the idk wagon sure looks more enticing than the evilpacman18 wagon does. I've been stuck on this paranoia that the doctor claim is town, but evilpacman18 stalling the confession of his sins sure makes the paranoia feel delusional.

And I'm sorry for being shitty at catching up.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 911, Equinox wrote:but evilpacman18 stalling the confession of his sins sure makes the paranoia feel delusional.
How do you mean?

(Agreed about the names on the wagons, but I think they're both scum so...)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Well look I'll get to the point and double back with the details. The scum team is idk, Rubicon, and RC. It's really pretty obvious if you look at the associative tells but I know a lot of people don't do that and I have the advantage of knowing my role. I probably have seemed bored with the game today, I certainly haven't been trying hard, the scum, Rubicon in particular, are hopping on that acting like it's scummy but really I think if you just look at my posts from my perspective, where the scumhunting is done and we just need to get on with the lynches and end this, I think it makes a lot more sense. Certainly I'd try harder as scum. I'll start with idk.

Spoiler: why idk is scum
887 is truly the only relevant post but in it. Notice for instance how his excuse for voting isn't so much related to me as it is related to not wanting to vote for RC. He sees my claim seems fake and my play is bad after admitting that he has only read day 3 and small parts of day 1 ("as far as I know, he didn't have any reason to claim" well you know very little, don't you?) and "it seems forced" is bullshit when talking about a claim that I really didn't need to do so early. "Forced" would be if I was on the verge of getting lynched, but I claimed on my own time, as my own decision. Actually reading that sentence "seemed very forced" and "he didn't have any reason to claim" are not only both lies but also directly contradictory to one another.
Like I said earlier, I was fine with a fitz lynch. This was mostly because I know who I think is town and if they thought fitz needed rope over the other uncertains, like Rhinox, I was fine with trusting them. idk has since come in, immediately aligned himself with RC, and come up with some really weak reasons to be voting me. Given his position when he replaced in, where he was about to be lynched, it seems like too much of a coincidence too, that he came in, didn't try to read anyone but me, and voted me. The vote comes off as more of a best bet at survival than a scum read he legitimately has.

More in a few hours, that actually took a long time to write. Anything I should address besides cases? Maybe I should try to better explain why me claiming was a good idea.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Rubicon »

I'm glad I called at least one scum correctly this game.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by idk »

Heh, tbh I'm just laughing over here with you guys saying that "you can't envision a scum team without me" because, in fact, within this game, there
is
a scum team without me. Oh well.
In post 908, ICEninja wrote:You are missing something. I can't really envision any scum team that doesn't have you on it. The fact that RC is the only slot alive that was a main wagon still gives me pause that EPM
COULD
be town and RC be scum despite how much evidence points to the opposite being true.

With your slot there's not much of anything that gives me pause.
Mind telling me what I'm missing?
In post 911, Equinox wrote:Looking at just the makeup of the wagons, the idk wagon sure looks more enticing than the evilpacman18 wagon does. I've been stuck on this paranoia that the doctor claim is town, but evilpacman18 stalling the confession of his sins sure makes the paranoia feel delusional.

And I'm sorry for being shitty at catching up.
Well of course voting me seems less risky than voting pacman, as if his role claim is in fact genuine, we lose the doctor, where if
my
role claim is genuine, you only lose a VT. However, with me knowing that my claim
is
in fact genuine, I have to try and make a case on someone other than myself, or else I would be playing against my Win Condition.
In post 913, evilpacman18 wrote:Well look I'll get to the point and double back with the details. The scum team is idk, Rubicon, and RC. It's really pretty obvious if you look at the associative tells but I know a lot of people don't do that and I have the advantage of knowing my role. I probably have seemed bored with the game today, I certainly haven't been trying hard, the scum, Rubicon in particular, are hopping on that acting like it's scummy but really I think if you just look at my posts from my perspective, where the scumhunting is done and we just need to get on with the lynches and end this, I think it makes a lot more sense. Certainly I'd try harder as scum. I'll start with idk.

Spoiler: why idk is scum
887 is truly the only relevant post but in it. Notice for instance how his excuse for voting isn't so much related to me as it is related to not wanting to vote for RC. He sees my claim seems fake and my play is bad after admitting that he has only read day 3 and small parts of day 1 ("as far as I know, he didn't have any reason to claim" well you know very little, don't you?) and "it seems forced" is bullshit when talking about a claim that I really didn't need to do so early. "Forced" would be if I was on the verge of getting lynched, but I claimed on my own time, as my own decision. Actually reading that sentence "seemed very forced" and "he didn't have any reason to claim" are not only both lies but also directly contradictory to one another.
Like I said earlier, I was fine with a fitz lynch. This was mostly because I know who I think is town and if they thought fitz needed rope over the other uncertains, like Rhinox, I was fine with trusting them. idk has since come in, immediately aligned himself with RC, and come up with some really weak reasons to be voting me. Given his position when he replaced in, where he was about to be lynched, it seems like too much of a coincidence too, that he came in, didn't try to read anyone but me, and voted me. The vote comes off as more of a best bet at survival than a scum read he legitimately has.

More in a few hours, that actually took a long time to write. Anything I should address besides cases? Maybe I should try to better explain why me claiming was a good idea.
Oh dear, you caught me. I am in fact scum. You should all probably lynch me now! :roll:

I voted you>RedCoyote because you both are scumreads of mine, but RC's case is based mostly off of WIFOM, while yours is not. I said "as far as I know" because I'm not going to falsely claim that I've read everything so far. You pretty much nailed the definition of "forced", if you slightly altered the beginning. If a claim is forced, the person who claimed was a suspect, but was not at L-1/L-2, and still claimed. And, *gasp*, that's exactly the situation you were in.

This sentence:
"Actually reading that sentence "seemed very forced" and "he didn't have any reason to claim" are not only both lies but also directly contradictory to one another."
is absolutely incorrect. First of all, they do not contradict each other whatsoever. Secondly, I said "as far as I know, he didn't have any reason to claim", not just "he didn't have any reason to claim". This may not seem like a big difference, but what I said implies that I do not know for sure (which I don't). Can someone give me a reason why he needed to claim?

I'm kind of swamped with homework right now, so I may not be able to post again tonight, but I'll try and check in at some point tomorrow. See ya.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Who do you think the scum team without you is, idk?
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 914, Rubicon wrote:I'm glad I called at least one scum correctly this game.
?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by N »

Maybe it's the fact that this is idk's first game and it would suck to be lynched this quickly in his position.
(Maybe it's Maybelline)

VOTE: epm
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by ICEninja »

N that's a lame reason for a vote. Coming from confirmed town I can't hate it that much, but come on.

And idk, what you seem to have missed is much of the game. It is during day 2 where we realized that your slot is scum. I'm not going to go out of my way to explain to scum why I'm lynching them. If town would like to know I'll answer.

Even though I prefer an idk lynch, I'll hammer EPM some time tomorrow if I can't get any further support for an idk lynch.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

idk (2): ICEninja, Rhinox
evil (4): idk, Rubicon, RedCoyote, N

know what? fuck it. let's flip.

VOTE: evil
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

ICE, no need to give up, Equniox has stated leaning toward idk, especially since hopefully it's apparent now that I wasn't "stalling" (come on man, you're busy too, obviously, how are you not more understanding?) and N can come back too, because you're right that's a lame reason for a vote.
Anyway getting to the other two now.

pre-edit: AW YOU MOTHERFUCKER
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

well that time discrepancy is pretty embarrassing. Basically I was sitting in the reply window for like 45 minutes.
Anyway yes I actually am a doctor.
I trust you guys will kill idk and RC no problem, just don't let Rubicon talk you out of killing him too and we've still got the game easy.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

sigh...figures.

Well, if you aren't angry scum trolling in twilight we have:

idk (2):
ICEninja
, Rhinox
evil
(4): idk, Rubicon, RedCoyote,
N
kthxbye

Not voting:
Equinox
evilpacman18

Which means scum team is:

idk
Rub
RC or Rhinox

Also, a town flip means it's 5 town to 3 scum and if ICE gets unlucky, it's gg...
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

hmmmm good point. Actually it might be game over already.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”