Newbie 1494 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 240, Moonlight wrote:You playing along supports my read on you anyway (props to Tony and Nacho too).
Yeah...I totally was on top of that. :shifty:

I still don't like or trust you, and the amount of crazy buddying you're throwing my way is just freaking me out more. It's like I'm calling you scum and you keep laughing and being all 'SG is the bestest town!' It doesn't make sense.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Post by Kenobi »

That Moonlight play was either a miscalculation, or crazy risky, and it just doesn't sit right with me. I'm currently working on an assignment, so I'll hopefully be able to be back on later tonight to post some actual content.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 248, homosapiensapien wrote:
In post 171, Moonlight wrote:Ah, the melody. HSS is hitting all the notes. *licks his lips* That moment when you just know that your meal is there, served on a silver platter.

We're having scum today.
I don't she realised that at the time he said this, that two people were voting for her and only one voting for me
How exactly is that meant to be "having scum"
Because I doubted my wagon would develop in any significant way. Aside from Squirrel, BC and you, no one seemed to want to put me under more pressure. I was aware of the vote count.

Is this really all you have to say? The only things I know about you so far is that you're townreading Tony (what made you change your mind?), scumreading me, and I have no clue what you think of anyone else.
In post 251, Kenobi wrote:That Moonlight play was either a miscalculation, or crazy risky, and it just doesn't sit right with me. I'm currently working on an assignment, so I'll hopefully be able to be back on later tonight to post some actual content.
I knew what I was doing and the only risk I can think of is that if he raged as Town who thought he got lynched, there's a chance he would have outed his role. It was one I was willing to take.

You're really picking up on things I consider trivial, like the misquote post (I call that one trivial because part of it looked like I was replying to myself, which made it obviously accidental). Am I right in assuming you're scumreading me based on gut and are looking for a connection that justifies it?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 250, Squirrel Girl wrote:Yeah...I totally was on top of that. :shifty:

I still don't like or trust you, and the amount of crazy buddying you're throwing my way is just freaking me out more. It's like I'm calling you scum and you keep laughing and being all 'SG is the bestest town!' It doesn't make sense.
That is what makes you useful to me. You think completely differently than I do. If I put aside your scumreading of me and the bias that comes from that, I have zero reason to believe you're scum at this point.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Have I said anything about scumreading you? I'm not, your behaviour is just throwing me for a loop, in a similar vein to what Tony was doing before. As far as I'm concerned, until we get some more out of Rachie and Nacho, and (maybe) something out of HSS? I'm not putting anyone in the scum pool yet. You're floating null-town for me right now.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Post by Moonlight »

This one is probably going to throw you for another loop.

If Squirrel answered my question in in a way that showed she wouldn't change her mind no matter what I post, I would have put some serious thought into self-voting just to rid someone I consider a scumhunter of a bad target so they can properly scumhunt again. I don't know if I'd have gone through with that, but that is how scarily confident I am in my read of Tony and her and I admit it is illogical for me to be that confident on D1. It is what it is.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Post by Moonlight »

Nah, come to think of it I would have probably just confused her even more, she's getting confused as it is. But I would still thought about doing that.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Moonlight »

*thinks about it even more* Yeah, horrible idea. I'd be voting for the one person I know to be Town, risking my own lynch for someone that if I'm wrong about would abuse the situation to make herself look Town. I've had bad ideas, but that one is especially bad. But I'm just showing how my mind works. =P
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 am

Post by conman41895 »

In my opinion that was a pretty bad play from moon.

I'm in the same mind set as Kenobi, we don't have enough activity from 3 of our players, one of which is a legit medicinal excuse, so there are still too many variables not at play.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:44 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 258, conman41895 wrote:In my opinion that was a pretty bad play from moon.

I'm in the same mind set as Kenobi, we don't have enough activity from 3 of our players, one of which is a legit medicinal excuse, so there are still too many variables not at play.
What do you think of the lynch the lurkers mindset?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 258, conman41895 wrote:In my opinion that was a pretty bad play from moon.

Assuming that HSS is among those three, how was my play bad since a reaction from HSS would be indicative of alignment?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Moonlight »

Food for thought for everyone, but mostly meant for those who think HSS is Town:
In post 219, Moonlight wrote:I don't want him lynched right here right now, but so far he's made it challenging for me to consider him Town. He's got plenty of time to make me change my mind.
In post 222, homosapiensapien wrote:I dont have much time to go on my computer as i already have mentioned, and now everyone seems to think im scum because of one thing that Moonlight said about me.
it's almost like she's trying to kill me off because she's taking the attention far away from herself

definitely still voting on Moonlight
After looking at this, can you blame me for thinking that this guy is panicking? :P

It could be survival instinct, no one wants to die. But to go as far as saying I'm trying to kill him when I've explicitly stated I wanted no such thing any time soon and that I'm trying to deflect attention away from myself? He's making it so difficult to imagine him flipping Town.
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:06 am

Post by conman41895 »

In post 259, BipolarChemist wrote:

What do you think of the lynch the lurkers mindset?
I've never liked the lynch the lurkers mindset. I feel like it's a very easy way for scum to use lurkers as a scapegoat. However it is somewhat of a legitimate standpoint because if you can't get reads due to lack of activity, and you have no major suspects it might appear as the only plausible way to lynch potential scum.
In post 260, Moonlight wrote:
Assuming that HSS is among those three, how was my play bad since a reaction from HSS would be indicative of alignment?
It was a bad play because it didn't work. If HSS had fallen for it and started ranting about how he was scum and we got him then it would have been a great play. So it was a decent idea but not great in execution.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Moonlight »

Perhaps he wasn't reading the thread during the 50 minutes that the charade was on.

That aside, I like what I got from it. Tony, Squirrel and Nacho all reacted to it and it's defininitely something I might want to look back at later on.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

What kind of read do you think their retraction gives, Moonlight?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Moonlight »

Let's see...

Nacho's and Tony's reactions were expected. I knew Tony was aware of what I was doing with . Remember that "confidence scale" I used? He's getting close to a 10. Not just for that, mind you. He reads between the lines and so do I.

Nacho's response was textbook. I don't know if he genuinely believed it was a hammer. If I later on have some reason to believe that Nacho is scum, his response makes me think that HSS isn't his buddy.

Same for Squirrel, but she admitted she believed it. And I ask myself: why? As scum, why wouldn't she deny the towncred of having played along? My train of thought only makes sense if we call my play pro-Town, of course, but I think it's fair to call it that. Anyway, it's same as Nacho: if she is scum, HSS would have been a mislynch. Also makes sense considering her defense of him.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Moonlight »

^ I meant "why would she deny the towncred" there. >_> I hope that makes sense now.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:56 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Nacho's absence is incredibly disappointing.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 267, BipolarChemist wrote:Nacho's absence is incredibly disappointing.
I totally agree.
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.09
(unchanged)

Moonlight - 3 - Squirrel Girl, BipolarChemist, homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien - 2 - Tony PF, Moonlight

Not Voting: Kenobi, conman41895, RachMarie, Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-25 23:06:24)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 222, homosapiensapien wrote:I dont have much time to go on my computer as i already have mentioned, and now everyone seems to think im scum because of one thing that Moonlight said about me.
it's almost like she's trying to kill me off because she's taking the attention far away from herself

Just noticed this.

I think this means war.
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Moonlight »

Hmm, things are getting a tad too quiet. It's been 37 hours since the last vote. I'm fine with where mine is and I can't really do much until HSS decides to post.

Here's hoping to wake up in a few hours and see some new content.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I am not liking HSS much, but I am not willing to lynch him yet. I think we do not have enough of a picture to go into the night phase at this point.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 261, Moonlight wrote:Food for thought for everyone, but mostly meant for those who think HSS is Town:
In post 219, Moonlight wrote:I don't want him lynched right here right now, but so far he's made it challenging for me to consider him Town. He's got plenty of time to make me change my mind.

After looking at this, can you blame me for thinking that this guy is panicking? :P

It could be survival instinct, no one wants to die. But to go as far as saying I'm trying to kill him when I've explicitly stated I wanted no such thing any time soon and that I'm trying to deflect attention away from myself? He's making it so difficult to imagine him flipping Town.
I find his stance reasonable there and think you're intentionaly downplaying how you did express scum on him. You don't need to post something like 219 to clarify that you don't want him lynched right here and now if you haven't expressed thoughts that suggest maybe you want him lynched right here and now - to then act like he's crazy for thinking that doesn't then make sense.
In post 268, Tony PF wrote:
In post 267, BipolarChemist wrote:Nacho's absence is incredibly disappointing.
I totally agree.
Third'ed
In post 272, RachMarie wrote:I am not liking HSS much, but I am not willing to lynch him yet. I think we do not have enough of a picture to go into the night phase at this point.
What is your read on Moonlight and my case on Moonlight? I'd love to have...stuff to react to from you. You feel like an intentionally blank slate right now and I am not a fan.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I am not as sure as you, I kinda feel Moon is prob town.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”