Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:30 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 241, PrivateI wrote:
In post 238, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 237, Jake from State Farm wrote:I don't make cases.
It sure looked like a case to me.
VOTE: Jake from State Farm
Billi, this, coupled with your statement about the Roleblocker to open up the day, vastly increases my suspicion in you.

Vote: Billi

This puts him at L-1. If you want to hammer, claim that.
My reasoning was in my post, but looking back, it's changed. I feel like he had such a good D1, it is hard for me to penalize him for what likely wasn't really a slip, just speaking about the setup.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 365, PrivateI wrote:First, I want to apologize once again. Finals are next week for us, and so I've been studying and writing.

I want to begin with the person I'm voting for.

Randomidget was someone I voted for on a whim. The one post, I really didn't like, but RM has consistently been posting all game, and dropping some serious towntells. Among these are the fact that he, on multiple occasions, was giving direction in this newbie game to not hammer someone at L-1, and he has been trying to spark and engage in discussion.

Conclusion: Town

In post 92, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 88, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Survivalism short of lying is fine, it's just not a scumtell. And of course I want to force my opinion on the town, I want it so that when I want to push my opinion that there are no dissenting opinions.
This seems as scummy as hell. You are basically saying you want us to follow you blindly into whatever you say. Give us one reason why we should do this a few days into Day 1, where you haven't even done anything particularly scummy?
In post 88, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: VOTE: PrivateI
No reasoning. Why?
VOTE: Debonair Danny DiPietro
Seems to be the scummiest player so far.
In post 95, dawn_to_dusk wrote:DDD voting private is very suspicious to me. Especially since I just I unvoted them. There were much better options than a randomized vote (due to there being better options) and I kinda gave Private an alibi until further notice, so I see no reason.

VOTE: Debonaire Danny DiPietro
Next, dawn_to_dusk. I chose him simply because he is first on the mod's list, but the fact that he follows RM is an ironic coincidence. You see, DtD has been following RM specifically all game. I've already showed one of these instances, and the quotes above show another. The primary reason I don't have more? DtD votes safe. He only votes for people who have already been labeled as "suspicious" for one action or another by other players, usually RM. My hypothesis? DtD saw RM as town very early on, and chose to follow a safe town vote. This isn't alignment indicative in and of itself, but he has desperately been trying to stay beneath the radar for the entire game. In addition, not a SINGLE post of DtD's mentions RM. None. This means that while he is giving us his (safe, already confirmed by other players) scum reads, he certainly is not mentioning those players who are town. With that in mind,

Conclusion: Potential Scum

In post 98, jklash12 wrote:I am actually not against DDD's private vote. I like it. Looking at Private's posts He has just asked questions in his last couple posts and not much of substance as far as trying to find scum. This would be a good tactic for scum because 1. It gives you more posts and looks like you are active 2. Looks like to other town that you are trying to figure out the game.

VOTE: Private
Let's move on to jklash12. While jklash has been also lying low, and as a whole simply joining wagons, he has also been asking some good questions throughout the game. However, the fact that this is the only thing of substance that he does coupled with the quote I took from him makes me think strongly this is hypocritical scum. However, I don't have enough evidence for that, so,

Conclusion: Null, Leaning Scum

In post 24, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 21, PrivateI wrote:All right, guys, welcome to Mafia! So many RVS votes...

InnocentVillager, you say that it's usually scum that attacks you because of your name. That's an intriguing statement. Do you have any games to back that up?
Did a little digging:

innocentvillager:
Game 1 (1222 town):
Vincent2128 (town), vijay2vasandani (town)

Game 2 (1247 scum): (voted for lurking)
Game 3 (1249 town):
Shed (town)

Game 4 (1263 scum): (only voted after blocking)
Game 5 (1279 town): (not voted for name)
Game 6 (1281 town): (not voted for)
Game 7 (1376 town): (voted on play)
Game 8 (1375 scum):
Nachomamma8 (town) ? maybe a name vote

Game 9 (1396 town):
DoctorPepper (town)

Game 10 (open 509 town):
Thomas (scum)
NicolBolas, town, for reply)

In first 9 games (all newbies) he's voted 4 (maybe 5) times for his name. Every time by townies.
First in Game 10 (an Open one) is he voted for name from a mafioso.

Didn't have time to analyze further, so I second PrivateI's request for games to backup that statement.
Now, we come to Billi. Billi, as many, many players have pointed out, was the towniest of the D1 players. It was his intro into D2 that got him tripped up. While I still absolutely hate the type of setup spec that he was trying to do, especially since it had the potential to misguide many players, I don't think it was from a malicious mindset. Also, let's remember this post on the very first page of D1. This is a player who wants to find scum. With that in mind,

Mod, your playerlist still shows fused_shadows as playing in this game, when he was replaced by Jake.

Which made it quite confusing. Fused cannot be read based on his RVS posts, in my humble opinion, so I am forced to rely entirely on his replacement, Jake from State Farm. Jake had a horrible entrance into this game by voting for me, but I feel as though his reaction test worked. If, on the other hand, it had resulted in my being lynched early on because of a quickhammer, I might not have the same love for Jake. Anyway, Jake, while I feel his attack on Billi specifically may have been incorrect, it's definitely the same conclusion I drew early on as well. Regardless of Billi's alignment, Jake is likely town.

Conclusion: Null, Leaning Town

Zephyrus. Zephyr is so charmingly newbie that I can barely believe it. Everything, especially his question concerning not lynching on D1, rings completely true with no pretense. Zeph, I hope you learn a lot this game, and definitely continue to play.

And, now, just the one person left. DDD is all that remains for me to read. DDD is the only person that's truly null to me. While he's contributing, he's not doing it in the way I typically expect town players to, especially an IC. I'm really sorry that I have to be this vague, but this "read" can't be based on anything. I don't want you to be led astray either way, so I'll leave you with this.

Conclusion: Null

Now, time for some consideration. I will definitely

VOTE: Unvote

VOTE: DtD

But besides that, I don't know what I can do. I feel as though I'm getting hammered anyway, so best of luck to the town, and get the scum tomorrow!
Ugh i wish you would have posted this before I hammered. This is too much work for newer scum to do imo.

But the part about me, "simply joining wagons". I only joined one wagon which was the billi wagon day2. As for you I pretty much started your wagon. Sure I was the second vote on your wagon but I gave the first reasons for voting you. So I would call that starting the wagon not joining.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

@Private
My vote on DDD was not based on RM's vote. I would have voted DDD whether or not RM voted him. This is almost shown as I kept my vote on DDD the entirety of day 1.

I am completely inexperienced. I know no signs to find people but I am working on it. I do not know how to detect slips and my own reads are very weak. Heck, I at the beginning, I thought read meant cop-tell. For that reason, I vote with people who seem most reasonable and vote for people who I am not thinking is town.

I will be sticking around the newbie games for a while for this reason.

(Btw, sorry private, I tried to prevent the hammer long enough for you to post)(this is going to be really awkward if you turn out mafia)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Did he not actually get hammered or did the mod forget about the game? I keep waiting for the flip
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

jklash hammered
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:02 am

Post by jklash12 »

We are in twilight waiting for the flip right now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:03 am

That's what I thought

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Soooooo...

*Summons Mod*
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Jeopardy theme song time!
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Sorry, was busy with a bunch of stuff.

PrivateI -
Mafia Goon
- was lynched day 2.

Actions due in 48hrs from this post.

Vote Count 2.04
  • PrivateI (5) -
    dawn_to_dusk, Billi bilaði, randomidget, Debonair Danny DiPietro, jklash12 [LYNCHED]
  • Billi bilaði (1) -
    Jake from State Farm
  • randomidget (1) -
    PrivateI
  • Jake from State Farm (0) -

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Zephyrus (0) -

• Not Voting (1) – Zephyrus,
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 11PM EDT April 20
Countdown: (expired on 2014-04-20 11:00:00)
[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Zephyrus
-
Vanilla Townie
-
was killed night two.

Vote Count 3.00
  • Billi bilaði (0) -

• Jake from State Farm (0) -

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• randomidget (0) -

• Not Voting (6) – dawn_to_dusk, Billi bilaði, Debonair Danny DiPietro, jklash12, Jake from State Farm, randomidget
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

[/i][/area]
Last edited by Ser Arthur Dayne on Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Good thing I hammered him several minutes his big post because I probably wouldn't have lynched him after that.

VOTE: randomidget

I'm pretty sure the other scum is RM. phone posting now so more detailed when I get on the computer.
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Zephyrus »

Im guessing we have one mafia left?

dead men tell no tales
Last edited by Ser Arthur Dayne on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:44 am

Zephyrus, you are dead.
jklash, you aren't even bothering to provide reasoning for your vote. You cant use the evidence Private provided, because that relied on me AND dtd being scum, which is impossible. Also, it was made by scum. This is very suspicious, especially as it comes in at the beginning of the day. Keeping my vote for the moment, but I am watching jklash.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:45 am

Oh right because he was on his phone. I'm still waiting for one piece of evidence that shows me being scummy though...
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Looking at privates long post to see if I can salvage anything from it, wondering if he was using reverse psychology by making us think they were true but they are in fact lies. But he knew he was dead so it could be reverse-reverse psychology. But that would be wrong. Reverse-reverse-reverse psychology? Nah, too confusing.
Note that the only variable that didn't change that whole time was DDD...
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Why night kill Zephyrus?
Is it because he was the only one not voting, and therefor you don't need to narrow the list of the lynchees of PrivateI to point out the mafioso who is helping with the lynch of his partner?
Or is it so that Jake can make us think so, and have us looking through the lynch list instead of looking at him?
Is it dawn_to_dusk that got locked in with a vote on his partner? Or randomidget?

At least, currently DDD and jklash12 are on my "not vote" list.
Jake is my top suspect, but still I fear that he's pulling innocents VT-playstyle.
dawn_to_dusk is second, and randomidget third.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 am

Need to re-read. Wasn't expecting a private scum flip.

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:44 am

Sorry, why are people accusing me? Show me one example of me being scummy? ONE.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 393, Randomnamechange wrote:Sorry, why are people accusing me? Show me one example of me being scummy? ONE.
I'm not reading you as a mafioso, but does that make you excempt from investigation?
You are not part of my top 2 townies, and not in my top 2 suspects, so that places you square in the middle.

Are you such a bad player that you mean to say that you could not hide your guilty status if you had one? :o
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 am

In post 393, Randomnamechange wrote:Sorry, why are people accusing me? Show me one example of me being scummy? ONE.
I did say (at least I thought I did) it felt like you were stalling waiting for private to do something. Him flipping scum kinda supports that

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

After looking at voting patterns, Jake screams at me being scum. (But the killing of Zephyrus makes no sense to me if Jake is scum.)
(Red votes are obsolete votes, i.e. retracted or vote moved.)
PlayersDay 1 voting
dawn_to_dusk
10: Billi
jklash12
7: random
Billi bilaði
1: jklash12
Jake f. SF
5: innocent
6: random
11: Billi
Zephyrus
randomidget
3: Zephyrus
PrivateI
4: dawn
12: DDD
15: jklash12
18: Jake
19: Billi
DDD
13: random
14: dawn22: innocent
innocent
2: Jake
8: PrivateI
9: random
16: Zeph
17: Billi
20: random21: Billi23: Jake24: DDD

Wagons:
1 V3: innocent: Jake, PrivateI, randomidget (? 2 mafiosos trying to get a wagon?)
2 V4: innocent: Jake, PrivateI, Zephyrus, Billi (Zeph unvotes)
3 V4: PrivateI: DDD, jklash12, Jake, Billi (Jake unvotes !!!)
4 V5: innocent: PrivateI, random, Billi, Jake, DDD - LYNCH

PlayersDay 2 voting
dawn_to_dusk
(13: PrivateI - after lynch)
jklash12
Billi bilaði1: Jake
2: jklash12
3: dawn
7: PrivateI
Jake f. SF
4: DDD
5: random
6: Billi
Zephyrus
randomidget11: PrivateI
PrivateI8: dawn9: Billi10: random11: DDD12: jklash12
DDD

Wagons:
1 L3: Billi: Jake, jklash12, dawn (? 1 mafiosos trying to get a wagon?)
2 L3: Jake: DDD, random, Billi
3 L4: Billi: Jake, jklash12, dawn, PrivateI (? 2 mafiosos trying to get a wagon?) dawn unvotes!
4 L5: PrivateI: dawn, Billi, random, DDD, jklash12 - LYNCH

=======

On day 1, Jake votes PrivateI, and then is the first to retract when L-1.
On day 2, Jake is the only one still alive not voting for PrivateI.

Why would dawn, random, DDD & jklash move over to PrivateI on day two when there were 2 perfectly good wagons to pursue further?
Why lynch in only 12 votes on day 2?
Why kill Zeph who only voted twice in the whole game, and retracted both votes? Was he too obvious town.

Is somebody messing with my head and framing Jake because he got under fire on day two?
Well, it's 2:30 am, so I need to sleep on this.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

Sorry, incorrect voting number sequence on day two for last 3 votes.
DDD's vote is no. 12, jklash12's lynch vote is no. 13, and after-lynch vote is 14.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 391, Billi bilaði wrote:Why night kill Zephyrus?
Well I did give some pretty decent reasons why he was town; there's also the fact that if scum think there's a doctor, there's no chance they protect Zephyrus; there's also the possibility that Zeph was a PR though I didn't get that vibe myself. For me there's only two directions I'd like to go today; DTD or Jake. I'm town, I have a town read on random, Billi is on the good side of things, and jklash gets a pass for one day for being the hammer which leaves two; further breakdown probably tomorrow.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

this analysis thing looks fun

billi was very townie D1 and hasnt been a suspect at all for me. thinking weak town only because i havent been given a hard reason not to think this and others have a better reason. (just to note, weak town read means that i think they are town but not very strongly right?)

RM was the first to give a reason for private's lynch. there was no suspicion going around of either of them being mafia and yet, RM got the mafia scum to be lynched. for this reason, weak-strong town should suffice

jklash hammered private. there were others who could have done this (zephyr) but jk was the one to hammer. therefore, a town read. strong town because of this

DDD brought private to L-1 which was a dangerous position to hang around in. he didnt attempt to stop the hammer but didnt promote it either. may be mafia trying to divert attention non-directly but that is unlikely. weak town

jake was the only person (other than zephyr who we know is townie) to not vote private. he instead stuck on the same person who everyone has accepted to be civvy, billi. after random posted that someone should hammer, jake did not hammer. maybe trying to prevent it? i dont know. but for now, my vote goes to:

VOTE: Jake

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”