Newbie 1497 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Wazza
Thor

Tynn
Hemp

Those guys
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 47, Not_Mafia wrote:The rng though
A computer cannot replace human instinct. I'm sure you know this already?
In post 48, Aquanim wrote:UNVOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 49, Aquanim wrote:I just realised BBT RVS'd Not_Mafia, which meant my vote put him up to L-1 (if I've counted right). Whoops :/

The sentiment of "Please do something useful" stands, though.
Did I miscount or did that only put him at 3 votes, or L-2?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:Wazza
Thor

Tynn
Hemp

Those guys
...Yes, that's a list of the people who haven't posted as much so far. What do you mean?
In post 51, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 49, Aquanim wrote:I just realised BBT RVS'd Not_Mafia, which meant my vote put him up to L-1 (if I've counted right). Whoops :/

The sentiment of "Please do something useful" stands, though.
Did I miscount or did that only put him at 3 votes, or L-2?
Your vote, my vote, BlueBloodedToffee's vote (first post) and his self-vote. I think.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 52, Aquanim wrote:...Yes, that's a list of the people who haven't posted as much so far. What do you mean?
Before
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 52, Aquanim wrote:Your vote, my vote, BlueBloodedToffee's vote (first post) and his self-vote. I think.
Oh yes. I missed his self-vote. >.<
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Best vote*
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

tl:dr - this entire commentary block is all about introducing myself as the IC, blathering about my duties, and offering a basic idea of some of the strategy of the RVS. If this interests you, please read on (especially if this is your first time playing here) if not, feel free to skip.
Spoiler: IC Intro
===========================================================================================

Greetings,

I am Thor665 and I am the Inexperienced Challenged (IC) player of this group. What this means is first and foremost - I am here to play this game with you in a way that will show you what it is like to play on Mafiascum.net. I am here to win and should be treated as such.

My goals and the rules governing my actions are covered in this handy article: Being a good IC
That article is part of our amazing MafiaWiki System. I *highly* recommend this system as a good way to get your feet wet and to find out what a lot of the common abbreviations mean. There is a lot of play strategy discussed in there too. A lot of players consider that advice almost all outdated now. I don't recommend trying to run verbatim with anything there, but a lot of the basic advice is very good to at least be aware of as it can help you avoid blatant pitfalls as you become familiar with the game play here.

Now, as an IC I am here as a resource for you to ask questions of concerning game theory. I WILL NOT lie about game theory answers and will answer them to the best of my ability. I will also offer you the following quick pieces of advice;

1. Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
3. It's a game - have fun.

We are now starting what is known as the RVS (random voting stage). We are in a low information period because scum already know who they are, and even have a rough idea of what power roles may or may not be in the game. It is now town's job to root them out. Because the start of the game leaves us with no information to start with generally the way to start is to begin voting and questioning other people to see if you can catch them doing something scummy (scummy actions being acts that a scum player is more likely to do then a town player).

In post 9, Tr1ckster wrote:1. You probably are about to vote for some random person you've never voted for before. Why? Why that person in particular?

2. Have you ever played mafia before? IRL or on a forum? Where?

3. What can you give to this game, why are you important here? What role do you think you'll play as the game develops? Do you tend to post in short bursts or in long paragraphs? A mixture?

4. How often can you visit the thread?
Hurm...these are actually less offensive to me than most RQS lists. Okay, let's dance;

1. I am about to vote Not_Mafia because he is playing an an anti-town and wuss manner and it would amuse me to see him dead or active.

2. Yes. Here and there.

3. My thoughts. I am important because I am a player. A snarky one. Dunno. Dunno.

4. More often than I will.
In post 29, Not_Mafia wrote:That would compromise the integrity of my vote, duh. So unless you guys want to start scumreading random.org then I suggest you look elsewhere
But...as far as I can tell you agree with random.org that you are scummy...?

Sweet!

Vote: Not_Mafia

That's L-1
, which means if anyone else wants to vote him you should request a claim instead, and give people time to discuss the claim
prior
to voting him.
Thor

Tynn
Hemp

Those guys
Oh, you need people to post before you can provide a valid post?
What if they're like you, and need you to post before they can provide a valid post?
Seems like either you're a bad player or you're trying to avoid saying things for no clear reason. I'd like to lynch you know.
I guess I'll wait for other people to post 'Hello' before you're allowed to talk to me. Shame. I'll try to get you lynched first so we don't need to wait, how's that sound? ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 55, Not_Mafia wrote:Best vote*
That was the best vote of the game so far.

Well...besides the sloppy hammer that will happen from some overeager newb - then that will be the best vote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

@Thor665

I agree with your opinion on self-voting... But I'm far from ready for a lynch. We have two weeks. Why would we end D1 in 24 hours?

I don't like how you're ready for a lynch already...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Thor
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I C Wazza, maybe then
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 59, Tr1ckster wrote:@Thor665

I agree with your opinion on self-voting... But I'm far from ready for a lynch. We have two weeks. Why would we end D1 in 24 hours?

I don't like how you're ready for a lynch already...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Thor
So...should I take that to mean you're not ready to lynch me and that I shouldn't even care about this vote because you'll unvote me immediately if I look to be in danger?

Also, look at Not_Mafia - please list all the pro-town reasons he has to self vote.
Here - I'll help and do it for you;

1. None.
2. Though, if you *really* squint, you could argue 'for reactions'

He has been put to L-1 *twice*
He still hasn't assessed his reactions.
I call that scum - what do you call it?
HempHHH
HempHHH
Townie
HempHHH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by HempHHH »

Thor

Tynn
Hemp

Those guys
Im just a busy guy, I have a gut feeling it is one of the more experienced guys
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

What is?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 60, Not_Mafia wrote:I C Wazza, maybe then
Why Wazza specifically?

And why won't you contribute before he does?

Don't make me regret keeping you from getting lynched. And I can't keep you from getting lynched for long. I want participation, and I want information.

TBH the only real reason I'm not voting for you right now is because there are other people here who haven't even posted yet. And I'd like participation from them before you get lynched.

You are incredibly scummy for not even being halfway through D1 at the moment...

1. You self voted.
2. You refuse to justify your self vote.
3. You blame the self-vote on an RNG.
4. You refuse to participate until others have posted.
5. You won't move your self-vote elsewhere.

If you are town, please get your act together. I'd like to get as much time out of D1 as possible, but I'm not the only one playing here, and I can't control everyone else.

And I still kind of view you as scum anyways. If you cannot play a good town game soon... I will help lynch you early. Because I've seen quite a few games where people scumread the right player really early and then got distracted when a scum-buddy came swooping in to save them.. and then it got impossible to lynch them later.

PEdit:

@Thor
Yeah. You're right. I realized that my vote on you meant nothing a little bit after I put it there.

And I kinda just talked myself back into voting him again when I was trying to explain to him why he should get his act together. >.< Gimme another good reason to lynch him early and I'll change my vote.

For the time being:

UNVOTE:
HempHHH
HempHHH
Townie
HempHHH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by HempHHH »

In post 63, Not_Mafia wrote:What is?
I have a feeling one of the more experienced guys are Mafia.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Which one?
HempHHH
HempHHH
Townie
HempHHH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by HempHHH »

In post 66, Not_Mafia wrote:Which one?
Tr1ckster
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why is this?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 64, Tr1ckster wrote: >.< Gimme another good reason to lynch him early and I'll change my vote.
So an early lynch now isn't scummy?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 69, Thor665 wrote:
In post 64, Tr1ckster wrote: >.< Gimme another good reason to lynch him early and I'll change my vote.
So an early lynch now isn't scummy?
Here's why I'm reconsidering.. (and I believe I stated this in my other post...)

I've seen far too many games where we get a good hold of a scummy player early in the day and then their scumbuddy swoops in and distracts town.. and then by the time they're done, a towny's on the chopping block and it's hard to build up momentum to lynch that scum player for the rest of the game.

Obviously, this reason is not great. But you're an IC. You've played plenty of games. You seem to think an early lynch isn't scummy. So I'm asking you to explain to me why it's not a bad idea to lynch early. Past the reason I just gave you.. because that's not enough of a reason for me to lynch him. Only enough for me to reconsider.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Madonna »

Early lynches are scummy in a sense that yeah, we could end this by stringing up someone fast, but we lose a lot of time which would have netted us more information. I am all for watching Not_Mafia's lynching, but seeing him participate would be a far bigger payoff.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why is that reason to quickhammer, why not just keep your early reads but still fully utilise the 14 days

UNVOTE: Not_Mafia

So I did actually RNG and I did roll a 6, I was going to re-roll but then I thought I'd try it out as a reaction test, I was either looking for people who were eager to jump on my wagon or people who whiteknighted me out of the blue. It wasn't very successful.

1) Aquanim - Slight town
2) BlueBloodedToffee - Town, towniest read, I liked his inquisitive response
3) HempHHH - I don't like that he didn't even acknowledge my posting, skittish scum trying to play around it?
4) JasonWazza - Post pls
5) Madonna - Weird posting style makes him hard to read
6) Not_Mafia - Scum
7) Thor665 - Not a fan of the way he jumped on my wagon
8) Tr1ckster - I was thinking town, but those last few posts are concerning me now
9) Tynn - slight town

VOTE: HempHHH

Serious vote. Why are you scumreading Trickster and why did you not reference my self voting, which was the main topic on your entry?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 72, Not_Mafia wrote:Why is that reason to quickhammer, why not just keep your early reads but still fully utilise the 14 days

UNVOTE: Not_Mafia

So I did actually RNG and I did roll a 6, I was going to re-roll but then I thought I'd try it out as a reaction test, I was either looking for people who were eager to jump on my wagon or people who whiteknighted me out of the blue. It wasn't very successful.

1) Aquanim - Slight town
2) BlueBloodedToffee - Town, towniest read, I liked his inquisitive response
3) HempHHH - I don't like that he didn't even acknowledge my posting, skittish scum trying to play around it?
4) JasonWazza - Post pls
5) Madonna - Weird posting style makes him hard to read
6) Not_Mafia - Scum
7) Thor665 - Not a fan of the way he jumped on my wagon
8) Tr1ckster - I was thinking town, but those last few posts are concerning me now
9) Tynn - slight town

VOTE: HempHHH

Serious vote. Why are you scumreading Trickster and why did you not reference my self voting, which was the main topic on your entry?
And that was the sound of my scumread on you going down the drain.

@Thor

I would still like to see a good reason why an early lynch would be a good thing. I believed for a bit that you actually had good reasons ..to the point where I unvoted you... Even made up a halfway decent reason myself. But I need good reasons. Because if you can't answer this, you're my top scumread. Like I said before.. the reason I provided was far from enough for me to lynch NM.. only enough for me to reconsider. You jumped on and you jumped on fast. Please tell me why. You must have good reasons... you stuck to your bit even after I challenged you with a vote.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

And I'm back to town reading Trickster.

If I could double vote right now I would

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”