The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 151, vezokpiraka wrote:Anyone who isn't voting ruffing or zzzx should reread these two guys.
@vezok: What don't you like about ZZZX?

@UniversalSlutBus: I get that there are two of you. Still, your play around Umbrage is confusing. Let me show you something. These are both jkm posts:
In post 144, UniversalSlutBus wrote: Umbrage: Self voting at that point in the game, then still not having changed it seems noncommittal. Fairly astute observation on the Yates/Nero probably being town v town though, so more of a town read for me.
In post 370, UniversalSlutBus wrote: Umbrage, on the other hand, seems eager to call a bunch of stuff town without really justifying why. Sees Yates getting frustrated and needing a friend, becomes that friend...

I think Alex changed our vote, I'm changing it back.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Umbrage
The very thing that jkm found townie in the first quote turned into a scummy thing in the second. What happened in between?
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 542, The Rufflig wrote:Let's try to cut these walls down in size. This is the most important part, as far as I'm concerned.
In post 475, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Actually, I have no interest in disproving that statement or of telling you I think that scummy intent exists. What I think about it is entirely irrelevant to the fact that you were putting those words in someone's mouth.
It is not irrelevant. What you think is definitely important. Your case on me depends on my case on pidgey. My case on pidgey depends on pidgey's case on displaced. You've been defending pidgey for some time now. It isn't a stretch to state that you must have swallowed pidgey's case on displaced and therefore think I'm off-base for going after pidgey. If you don't believe in pidgey's case, then you have no case on me.

:right:
I would like to hear your thoughts on pidgey's case and why you believe it.
I don't believe pidgey's case. If you'd been listening to me, you might have figured out that I don't think that's relevant, and I don't even think HE would call it a case, it was two fucking posts. You are trying to reduce this argument into something that it isn't so that you can win it even though you don't have a leg to stand on, and I refuse to participate in it. This point has nothing to do with anything. Anyone who actually cares enough to read our entire wallfest as one unit will see that you've tried the entire time to replace my argument with one of your own that you can actually win. You are scum.
In post 544, pidgey wrote:Since ive all the fucking hot talk in this day im willing to be fucking lynched since you guys would get a ton of info as long as you lynch this goddamn scumbo tomorrow.
^town
In post 545, pidgey wrote:You dont want to keep talking about it because your entire "case" against me depended on those 2 posts, and now that everyone fucking showed and realized you were just misdirecting my two posts as something they werent (and even if they were what you say, they arent even that scummy). You have said nothing regarding my slot about anything else besides those 2 posts and now you are suddenly saying you have a very meaty and solid case even if you take that away, but thats a fucking gigantic lie. Seriously, you REALLY DONT. Im calling your bluff, quote it.
And now you're posting completely unrelated things to try to distract from the fact that this post is COMPLETELY RIGHT.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:the ruffling
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 454, Squirrel Girl wrote:Yeah, but that's the point though. i think all I did was basically re-state what was already contained in that post, and you didn't even seem to buy half of it, but suddenly your demeanor went from 'can lynch SG' to 'pals with SG' it didn't feel like a legit mental shift considering the interaction. That's why I called it out.
K. I mean does it make you think I'm scum or not. If not I don't really see the point in bringing it up.
In post 470, pidgey wrote:ThAdmiral - Wierdly lurking
I'm not sure how you quantify lurking but I'm posting at around 1 or 2 per day, which is normal for me.
In post 486, pidgey wrote:Just a quick note since im at work and on phone, but i've played other jason themed super hero games.

DC universe for example.

And scum always had a fake claim. So i'd go with the idea that they wouuld have fake claims here too. For all we know, there could be 2 scum teams too, since many jason games of this size i played had 2 scum teams (DC universe, WWE 1.0, WWE 2.0)
Agree with this, furthermore there is often a neighbourhood which is always fun to be a part of. *cough* *pls pick me for the neighbourhood*
In post 493, Josh_B wrote:At some point in the game, I'll probably prefer to lynch KidA because his inexperience is a liability. If he's willing to bounce from wagon to wagon now, what's he going to be like when the town pool is getting smaller and smaller and the scum are becoming more and more manipulative in their play style?

Maybe we should lynch him now anyways, and see who's interested in keeping him around -but I think that would be better played in a future DP.
This is a terrible post.

@ pv512: yeah so why didn't you say any of these reasons at the time. And fuck off for having an eye on me for questioning you about it, you know I have a damn good reason not to be satisfied with a unqualified vote in a jokey looking post which you say is serious. I expect more from you, matey.
I don't know why you are keeping your cards so close to your chest this game.
In post 493, Josh_B wrote:At some point in the game, I'll probably prefer to lynch KidA because his inexperience is a liability. If he's willing to bounce from wagon to wagon now, what's he going to be like when the town pool is getting smaller and smaller and the scum are becoming more and more manipulative in their play style?

Maybe we should lynch him now anyways, and see who's interested in keeping him around -but I think that would be better played in a future DP.
He means shit. He means your case is shit.

It looks particularly bad because it is an attempt to pile pressure on the current lynch leader.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Josh_B »

@theadmiral. Can you clarify? You quoted my post twice and the besides you thinking that the post is shit, I don't follow. Are the comments to the second quote related to my post or to another post?

I think we resolved my whole reliance on character claims as proof of alliance.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 551, Chandra Nalaar wrote:And now you're posting completely unrelated things to try to distract from the fact that this post is COMPLETELY RIGHT.
Nope. How many other players do you hear in this discussion? No one else cares.

So, I'm going to find your scum buddies. I can't do that while I'm forced to make wall long responses to you and pidgey. Both of you seem to feel that your case is lacking and keep trying to get me to engage solely on your own terms. Nope, not going to do it. I don't need anything else from either of you. I've made my cases. I've pushed them as far as I can. It doesn't appear that I'm going to get either of you lynched, so I'm moving on to find your scum buddies. I hope to have better luck with them.

I am going to keep my eye on both of you. I'm sure you two will screw up again. I'll be waiting.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 555, The Rufflig wrote:Nope. How many other players do you hear in this discussion? No one else cares.
Cheeky fucking scumbutt. You're right, it's quite plain no one is going to bother lynch you over what is essentially a scumclaim because they aren't paying attention. Good deduction. Keep refusing to link to a post that doesn't exist.

Why isn't this dead yet? Can I have a double vote?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 471, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 407, Squirrel Girl wrote:I'm bugged that people are choosing to dismiss how I caught Yates by just calling the conversation "silly" without actually providing any validity to the claim that it's silly.

I CAUGHT SCUM! Why does everyone always ignore me?
Silly is an opinion. Yates calling the conversation silly doesn't mean it is silly, nor does it mean he's scum.
Silly is an opinion - it should still be able to be supported if it has validity. Yates is not calling it silly, other people are. I didn't say the people calling it silly were scum or town for calling it silly, I complained that they were unhelpful to me and the gamestate.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 557, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 471, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 407, Squirrel Girl wrote:I'm bugged that people are choosing to dismiss how I caught Yates by just calling the conversation "silly" without actually providing any validity to the claim that it's silly.

I CAUGHT SCUM! Why does everyone always ignore me?
Silly is an opinion. Yates calling the conversation silly doesn't mean it is silly, nor does it mean he's scum.
Silly is an opinion - it should still be able to be supported if it has validity. Yates is not calling it silly, other people are. I didn't say the people calling it silly were scum or town for calling it silly, I complained that they were unhelpful to me and the gamestate.
Well, don't get into flame wars. Or be the one that backs off. Players that tunnel always look the scummiest, especially when there's more going on in the game than just the flame war.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

What? I didn't flame anyone and neither did I back off from anyone. Am I really that crazy here? Did I actually go and call Yates scum for calling me silly and then backed off at some point? I feel like everyone is reading a different game than I am!
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Reading it again, that comment doesn't even feel connected to what I had posted in the quoted post.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 553, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 454, Squirrel Girl wrote:Yeah, but that's the point though. i think all I did was basically re-state what was already contained in that post, and you didn't even seem to buy half of it, but suddenly your demeanor went from 'can lynch SG' to 'pals with SG' it didn't feel like a legit mental shift considering the interaction. That's why I called it out.
K. I mean does it make you think I'm scum or not. If not I don't really see the point in bringing it up.
And I've been debating this, but I suppose my answer is - yes, yes it does make me think you might be scum. Mostly because it doesn't feel like a logical mental shift, which makes me feel like the presented stances from you are false because they don't flow logically. I also feel like you're being evasive in this discussion.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 559, Squirrel Girl wrote:What? I didn't flame anyone and neither did I back off from anyone. Am I really that crazy here? Did I actually go and call Yates scum for calling me silly and then backed off at some point? I feel like everyone is reading a different game than I am!
The post meant to read "if you get into flame wars you should be the one that backs off, but you shouldn't get into them in the first place."
You got into a flame war with Yates and made the important stuff in the DP nearly unreadable, and at the bear minimum really, really hard to look up.

You shouldn't get into flame wars, or continue the flame war with Yates. (I don't care if he did call it silly). There is more in the DP than his opinion of your opinion about whether or not he was or wasn't scum hunting.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

Vote The Rufflig

He attempts to dodge discussion more than he actually tries to engage. He states that he has a case or has stated a case, yet when asked about it, he avoids talking about it. He refuses to back points up. He tries to look like he's being incredibly pro-town, and that he's not going to clog up the thread with arguments or walls, but in reality, he's avoiding talking about his assertions and cases and is trying to put on a show more than actually trying to show why what he's saying is accurate or why Pidgey or Chandra are scum.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 562, Josh_B wrote:You got into a flame war with Yates and made the important stuff in the DP nearly unreadable, and at the bear minimum really, really hard to look up.

You shouldn't get into flame wars, or continue the flame war with Yates. (I don't care if he did call it silly). There is more in the DP than his opinion of your opinion about whether or not he was or wasn't scum hunting.
I don't think I made anything unreadable, and if I did you can just skip it. It's like you are skipping it, because he never called it silly and I never said he did, and I just made a post clarifying this fact that you decided to take time out of your day to suggest was poor play on my part while clearly not reading it - I guess because I make things unreadbale.

I also don't think I have failed to comment about other issues, but if you think there's an issue that needs my attention feel free to name it. :igmeou:
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by jklash12 »

JoshB and/or PV, you were speculating about Kid A claiming wolverine. With him saying this, would this make him a bad lynch because of the uncertainty of his role or would it make him a good lynch because he claimed as he did?

Thanks
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Kid A »

im actually very surprised that nobody is voting me
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 563, BulbaFenix wrote:
Vote The Rufflig

He attempts to dodge discussion more than he actually tries to engage. He states that he has a case or has stated a case, yet when asked about it, he avoids talking about it. He refuses to back points up. He tries to look like he's being incredibly pro-town, and that he's not going to clog up the thread with arguments or walls, but in reality, he's avoiding talking about his assertions and cases and is trying to put on a show more than actually trying to show why what he's saying is accurate or why Pidgey or Chandra are scum.

-Bulba
Either bussing or very tired bulba.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by Kid A »

josh b's read progression is forced

VOTE: josh_b
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 am

Post by Yates »

In post 555, The Rufflig wrote:No one else cares.
I care. I happen to agree that you have no case if you are willing to accept that Pidgey simply mixed metaphors as that changes the entire context of those two posts and invalidates your claim.

Let me show you...

You obviously think Pidgey meant "mudslinging" per post 127 where you say "Would you say
displaced is attempting to smear
mozamis or mozamis' read on me?"

Pidgey's post 136, in retrospect, appears to be a clarification that supports the theory that he misspoke and meant "seeing what sticks" when he says "i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona
point anout something without really commiting to a read
was what made me weary of displaced"

The reason I use the term "mudslinging" above is because that's how displaced characterized the statement in post 214 ["How is that post mudslinging? How is mudslinging non committal?"], which you refer to as justification for your vote in post 229 ["pay attention to displaced - he caught all of the problems with Pidgey's posts that I was picking at"].

Post 258 appears to be your summary of the situation and in this post you point out that Pidgey's post 136 [quoted above] "is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced" from post 125 where Pidgey says "Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks." Do you see how if you replace "throw some dirt and see if it sticks" with "throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks" [per our recent clarification] is
entirely
in line with what he stated in post 136? And if you accept that, then the "back pedaling" you refer to in post 363 is also invalidated.

The last point you have in play is from post 433 "Could you look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent?" I happen to agree that I find nothing scummy about post 121 and asked Pidgey the following " I happen to agree with displaced on that point, actually. Saying that banter "feels relaxed" as an explanation for a Town read is pretty weak. Do you disagree?" in post 412. Pidgey's response was "yes, it felt to me as if he wanted to point something and see if others would think is scummy" in post 414.

Essentially your only remaining point, then, is that you disagree with Pidgey's assessment of Displaced's post 121. And that's really nothing at all. So... what else have you got?

Also, what was the purpose behind your unofficial vote count?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:41 am

Post by mozamis »

Right, Yates last post about Rufflig makes him look very town to me. It's completely logical, doesn't seem to misrep or exaggarare or obfuscate in anyway, and seems completely open and transparent. If he is scum, then he is very, very good. But seems unlikely as hell.
Rufflig, I care about the argument and dislike the fact that you seem to be trying to shut it down. Also, why would you give up on trying to get your two best scum reads lynched this early in the game? Also, I think I understand why you think Pidgey is scum. But your scum read on Chandra seems pretty much just OMGUS, please explain.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:07 am

Post by displaced »

Bleh I will try and get something together about this agme at some point today
Struggling to motivate myself though
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Yates »

In post 571, displaced wrote:Struggling to motivate myself though
Can you at least motivate yourself enough to comment on my assessment of the displaced-pidgey-ruffling mess summaraized in post 569?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 568, Kid A wrote:josh b's read progression is forced

VOTE: josh_b
explain and substantiate or GTFO
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 565, jklash12 wrote:JoshB and/or PV, you were speculating about Kid A claiming wolverine. With him saying this, would this make him a bad lynch because of the uncertainty of his role or would it make him a good lynch because he claimed as he did?

Thanks
I hope PV responds to this too. probably Chandra{Is it your Birthday?},Fenix, and some of the others that were in on the conversation earlier can talk about this too. My original theory that such an early claim that wasn't counter claimed was a sign of it being town. The extent of counterclaims however indicates that unless his role lines up with his claim, it could be a predetermined fake claim.
My position is that his play style lines up with an inexperienced pioneer(someone that likes to wagon). However, it's not the case that he is inexperienced, so his play style this game has been purposely anti- town trolling. I have a theory about why an semi-experienced player claiming wolverine would do that, but I think it should be proven on a future DP.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”