Newbie 1494 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

it is not the NUMBER of posts HSS, it is the QUALITY of posts. You are not saying anything about anyone other than you think Moon is scum, but not why. A vague comment at SG, then nothing else. Do you have any town reads? Why or why not?

HSS is my primary scumspect. I also do not like that I have not seen much from Nacho yet.

I think Moon, Tony, and BPC are town. I have a weakish town read on SG, mainly because of her pushing on me and paranoia of me.

Sorry I am not posting more, but I have to stay in bed a lot and keep my legs up due to the cellulitus. It is putting a damper on my computer time.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 325, RachMarie wrote:it is not the NUMBER of posts HSS, it is the QUALITY of posts.
This is so very true.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm headed to see family for Easter weekend, but I will find time to do a little reading and a little posting in this game.
I don't think HSS is scum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 327, Nachomamma8 wrote: I don't think HSS is scum.
Elaborate when you get the time plz!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 325, RachMarie wrote:I have a weakish town read on SG, mainly because of her pushing on me and paranoia of me.
Funny how that works: I've been having some trouble reading you and I'm not sure why, but the post of yours that made me pause for a while was . The vibe it gave me is that from a Town perspective, you disliked but at the same time understood Squirrel's point of view. It felt like a Town vs Town kind of thing and I'm not confident in reading you but hey, it's a start.

Which presents a whole new problem for me; other than HSS, I've got diddly squat on a proper scumread on anyone else. Nacho is unlikely if HSS is scum, that's good. If I were to trust all my reads of any strength, I'm looking at BC purely through PoE and I hate that. >_> There was that question about how I'm reading Squirrel that bugged me (it would make sense for scum-BC to determine whether Squirrel is a good mislynch target) and his current vote could be a result of realizing his buddy is toast.

That's just one side of the coin though and the other one looks legit too. =/ My read on him has remained nullest of null.

Pedit: He... he's not scum, Nacho? D: Errr... that was unexpected to say the least. I'm definitely looking forward to reading that.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Moonlight »

Waiiiit a minute...
In post 263, Moonlight wrote:Perhaps he wasn't reading the thread during the 50 minutes that the charade was on.

That aside, I like what I got from it. Tony, Squirrel and Nacho all reacted to it and it's defininitely something I might want to look back at later on.
In post 264, BipolarChemist wrote:What kind of read do you think their retraction gives, Moonlight?
In post 284, BipolarChemist wrote:Oh boy, I'm questioning my read on ML, I'd throw him down near null for me now. HSS though...

HSS: I know you can't be on too often, but do you have any extended reads or thoughts? I'm seeing so very little from you even when you do post.

I didn't notice Moonlight's 'lock' before. How in any world did you think that was lock?! There weren't even any votes after the previous vote count before you voted...
In 264 you seemed aware of my play. What gives? o_o Could... could 284 have been distancing from HSS?

*paranoid mode activates*
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I would love to hear your reasoning on that Nacho, we have been missing you.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Moonlight »

Meh, I'm going to sleep on it now but I want a sanity check on my last post. Either I'm seeing things or something weird is going on.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Moon welcome to Mafia, you will often feel that way, it is part of the fun :P

Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 327, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm headed to see family for Easter weekend, but I will find time to do a little reading and a little posting in this game.
I don't think HSS is scum.
Because?
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Tony PF »

Going to bed now. Hopefully when I wake up HSS will be at L-1.

Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Kenobi »

In post 291, Moonlight wrote:We've almost spent half of D1 and almost half of us aren't voting. I'm not very pleased about that.

To Nacho, Rach, Kenobi and conman: do something new. A vote would be a simple solution, but it doesn't have to be that if you want to keep it and you can find some other way. Just make something happen, please? Pretty please with sugar on top?
I'm pretty certain I have been contributing. Just because I'm not casting a vote just yet doesn't mean that I'm not providing reads; just that my reads aren't solid enough to warrant a vote. But if you want a vote, then here it is:
Vote: Moonlight

In post 295, Tony PF wrote:
In post 293, Moonlight wrote:And set myself up for disappointment? Naaah. At least those I know those I mentioned are capable of good posts.
In post 294, Moonlight wrote:One "those" too many up there, sorry. You know what I mean. >_>

Besides, despite not saying or doing much of anything else, HSS has at least voted. It's something, and just about the only thing I needn't doubt, even if it comes with reasoning that makes me sigh.
Ok, I completely understand.

Anyone want to be the inevitable dissenter?
Me.

I'll have to admit, HSS is still pretty scummy to me, but Moonlight, your behaviour, and the pandering that Tony's giving you is really, reaaaaally pushing me to thinking that you're a scumteam.
In post 320, Tony PF wrote:
In post 314, Moonlight wrote:He just implied that if I flip Town, he has been mislead, right?

I didn't misunderstand, did I? Can someone correct me please if I have misunderstood?
He is trying to imply it.

This isn't working, HSS.
Tony's opinions always echo Moonlight's;
In post 312, Tony PF wrote:
In post 308, homosapiensapien wrote:
In post 296, BipolarChemist wrote:If we had to lynch now, who would everyone like to see lynched?
I would like to see Moonlight lynched. Even if I'm wrong (And I really Hope I'm not) at least everyone would know that most of us were being mislead by
who ever started the case
. then we'll have a better idea about who is probably scum.
Oh dear, that's just glued my vote to you.

You have just admitted (by the part in bold) that you haven't been thinking for yourself, and have instead just been following everyone else's cases.That's not pro-town behavior.

Admit it, HSS.
You're the one trying to mislead us.
Uhhh... actually, I think you'll find that's Moonlight.
In post 309, Tony PF wrote:
In post 308, homosapiensapien wrote:
In post 296, BipolarChemist wrote:If we had to lynch now, who would everyone like to see lynched?
I would like to see Moonlight lynched. Even if I'm wrong (And I really Hope I'm not) at least everyone would know that most of us were being mislead by who ever started the case. then we'll have a better idea about who is probably scum.
Squirrel Girl & Bipolar Chemist, do you find Moonlight scummy?
Only
Moonlight? Not interested in their scumreads on other people? This interests me.
In post 299, Tony PF wrote:
In post 298, BipolarChemist wrote:Can you make a decent case for him being scum?
Shit activity(fewest posts in the entire game according to Activity Overview), shit cases on us(only said I "looked scummy" when he voted me), shit contributions to discussion(Poh-Tay-Toes), shit...everything I guess.

I know that's only half decent, but Moonlight could probably elaborate more.
Moonlight could probably elaborate more.
Okay. So. Moonlight's focusing entirely on HSS, has dismissed the thought of any scumbuddy with HSS, and is just constantly pressuring HSS. Sure, he hasn't given much, but HSS has pointed out Moonlight's attempt to mislead people. Which was then immediately turned back on him by, oh, who? Tony.

I'm feeling scum more readily from Moonlight, but I also want to see what Tony would do without Moonlight to sheep.

@Moonlight: You wanted something new? Here you go.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Also, for the record? Poh-Tay-Toes was me.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Moonlight. I don't think anyone can possibly say a name other than the one they're voting without having to justify insanity.
In post 305, Tony PF wrote:
In post 301, Tony PF wrote:I could take a look at her ISO.
Looked though it, nothing particularly scummy. Only 17 posts though.
I'm asking because you are flat out castigating HSS - and I look at your case on him and I see Rach doing basically the same thing. Then I look at their join dates and consider which i would expect to be able to do better, if town. Then i wonder why you're chasing the easy to lynch one. Help me out here?
In post 309, Tony PF wrote:Squirrel Girl & Bipolar Chemist, do you find Moonlight scummy?
Yes, tht's why I called him scum, made a case on him, voted him over it, and had Nacho call my play bad. I didn't just do it because people pay me to do things and look beautiful while I do them. Though, clearly, they do.
In post 325, RachMarie wrote:I have a weakish town read on SG, mainly because of her pushing on me and paranoia of me.
I'm going to just start making cases on everyone, apparently it's an assured town read immediately thereafter. Like an OMGUT - oh my god you're town! or something.
In post 332, Moonlight wrote:Meh, I'm going to sleep on it now but I want a sanity check on my last post. Either I'm seeing things or something weird is going on.
I don't even understand your last post and what it means for your current stance, if any. Basically you cited off a few town names and then acted chagrined that it didn't work easily with your scum theories. That just sounds like maybe you need to stop buddy hunting before a flip, or that the reason things don't gel is because base conclusions are wrong.

I almost feel like I want to call Moonlight town now, because he really seems to be the only player here (and I may even lump myself into that category) doing anything. Everyone else is either trying to lynch him or trying to buddy him, and that's screwy.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:47 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 336, Kenobi wrote:I'll have to admit, HSS is still pretty scummy to me, but Moonlight, your behaviour, and the pandering that Tony's giving you is really, reaaaaally pushing me to thinking that you're a scumteam.
I really didn't want to have to do this, but I guess I have no choice.

Much of my confidence behind Tony's towniness comes from the way he... phrased something. You know what a breadcrumb is, right? I've spotted an unusual one from him that would be a complete coincidence if it came from scum. And I don't believe in coincidence.

This is two Townies working together. Learn the difference. -_-
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:51 am

Post by Moonlight »

And no one has fucking commented on what I said about BC. Thanks, guys.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Moonlight »

No, wait, my bad.
In post 338, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't even understand your last post and what it means for your current stance, if any. Basically you cited off a few town names and then acted chagrined that it didn't work easily with your scum theories. That just sounds like maybe you need to stop buddy hunting before a flip, or that the reason things don't gel is because base conclusions are wrong.
Stop thinking what my post fucking means.

Stop.

Take a look at and what it refers to. Then take a look at . Then think. Think hard. And post. Yeah? Yeah, good.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:17 am

Post by Moonlight »

Also,
In post 336, Kenobi wrote:HSS has pointed out Moonlight's attempt to mislead people.
That's not what he fucking said.
In post 308, homosapiensapien wrote:I would like to see Moonlight lynched. Even if I'm wrong (And I really Hope I'm not) at least everyone would know that most of us were being mislead by who ever started the case. then we'll have a better idea about who is probably scum.
He is saying here that when I flip Town, his attention will be on whoever started the case on me.

AKA Squirrel, who is continuing to tunnel me for bullshit reasons.

You wanted me to not be like The Dude? Well, here you go.

I can't believe I woke up to see this bullshit.

If I get derphammered, my best guess would be HSS-BC for the scumteam. And I
will
come back to this post in postgame and I
will
tell you "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO".

Fucking hell.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:19 am

Post by Tony PF »

Woke up. Whoa there Kenobi, slow your roll.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:42 am

Post by Moonlight »

I would have expected someone like Kenobi, who has played with Nacho before, to use his brain.

I
did
become suspicious of Tony when he didn't doubt me, if you remember. There is a fucking reason I stopped doubting.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 am

Post by Moonlight »

I still cannot believe I am at L-1 with the way I've been playing in this game.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:49 am

Post by Moonlight »

Oh wait, L-2, still.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:50 am

Post by Moonlight »

I had completely forgotten BC had taken his vote off me, now my rant should make sense. >_>
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Moonlight »

I'm so fucking disappointed in Squirrel. She is a lot like me. I can tell how she feels in each and every one of her posts. How the FUCK has she been misreading me so badly in this game? =/
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:12 am

Post by Moonlight »

But most of all, I guess I'm disappointed in myself. How the fuck do I have 3 votes on me? HOW?!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”