Newbie 1494 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:26 am

Post by Moonlight »

One more person call me scum. I fucking dare you. You have robbed me of the one thing I took pride in whenever I'm Town; being obvious.

BRING IT.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:48 am

Post by Kenobi »

The fact you've been at L-1 for basically 9 hours and nobody's done anything about it says that either you ARE scum and your scumbuddies don't want to bus you, or that at least one of the scum is already on your wagon (with the other quite possibly being one of the less active ones). Either way, this tells me something, and I don't need to deal with this charade any longer.
Unvote

I don't really see either you or Tony being scum, but it was good to see more emotional reactions, and I'm quite confident Moon's town now.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 344, Moonlight wrote:I
did
become suspicious of Tony when he didn't doubt me, if you remember. There is a fucking reason I stopped doubting.
The reason I haven't doubted you is because there has been no reason for me to doubt you.

If you want me to reconsider about HSS, then show me why HSS is town, becuase so far nobody's explained to me why he's flailing newbtown.
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:14 am

Post by Moonlight »

@Kenobi: No shit Sherlock, HSS is on my wagon and so is BC, who I have posted something about that you continue to ignore. -_-

Tell me if what I have observed is just me being crazy or something legit, please?

@Tony: I doubt everyone and everything unless given a reason not to, it's kind of vice versa for me. And I do believe you're Town in this game.

I mentioned how HSS could have been Town before his last outrageous post; he
could
have been a Townie whose mind is simplistic enough to think "HERPADERP SOMEONE IS VOTING ME, I'M TOWN, SO HE MUST BE SCUM". His recent post shows a disgusting, almost offensive approach to his vote and how he is not responsible for it. I CANNOT see that coming from Town and I don't know what Nacho sees that I don't.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:41 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 353, Moonlight wrote:@Tony: I doubt everyone and everything unless given a reason not to, it's kind of vice versa for me. And I do believe you're Town in this game.

I mentioned how HSS could have been Town before his last outrageous post; he
could
have been a Townie whose mind is simplistic enough to think "HERPADERP SOMEONE IS VOTING ME, I'M TOWN, SO HE MUST BE SCUM". His recent post shows a disgusting, almost offensive approach to his vote and how he is not responsible for it. I CANNOT see that coming from Town and I don't know what Nacho sees that I don't.
Most relevant part:
Hmm. I see. I do agree, however, that that last post was unforgivable.

Somewhat less relevant:
This is how I picture HSS in a nutshell. I do not guarantee accuracy.
In this post, I wrote:HSS: Can be good player. Yes. What want?

Me: We want you to stop acting scummy.

HSS: Posts! U r making posts! We r make posts buddies.

Moonlight: Shut up, lousy scum.

HSS: MOAR POSTS!

Me: Stop it. You're making everyone suspect you...

HSS: POOOOOOOSTS!
Even less relevant:
Conman, where are you?

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Moonlight »

*sigh* I hate getting angry, but the silver lining is that I see a major difference between Town-me and scum-me when it comes to anger. That helps me improve my scum game.

Also, I keep forgetting for some reason that BC is no longer on my wagon. My point still stands though.

And yeah, input from conman would be others. I also want to hear from Squirrel, even if she still thinks I'm scum.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Moonlight »

EBWOP: input from conman would be nice.

(How did I type "others" there? O_o I was thinking "hmm, I want to hear from others too".)
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Tony PF »

@Mod: Conman needs a prod.

BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:37 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 351, Kenobi wrote:The fact you've been at L-1 for basically 9 hours and nobody's done anything about it says that either you ARE scum and your scumbuddies
He was at L-2...Please learn to count votes, all of you.
In post 353, Moonlight wrote:@Kenobi: No shit Sherlock, HSS is on my wagon and so is BC, who I have posted something about that you continue to ignore. -_-

I have been voting HSS for a while now, I'm not voting you...
In post 355, Moonlight wrote: Also, I keep forgetting for some reason that BC is no longer on my wagon. My point still stands though.
Oh there, thank you...geez. But your point doesn't stand as it was completely based off of me being on your wagon. Same with all the points about you being L-1, as you weren't ever at that point.

Spoiler:
In post 330, Moonlight wrote:Waiiiit a minute...
In post 263, Moonlight wrote:Perhaps he wasn't reading the thread during the 50 minutes that the charade was on.

That aside, I like what I got from it. Tony, Squirrel and Nacho all reacted to it and it's defininitely something I might want to look back at later on.
In post 264, BipolarChemist wrote:What kind of read do you think their retraction gives, Moonlight?
In post 284, BipolarChemist wrote:Oh boy, I'm questioning my read on ML, I'd throw him down near null for me now. HSS though...

HSS: I know you can't be on too often, but do you have any extended reads or thoughts? I'm seeing so very little from you even when you do post.

I didn't notice Moonlight's 'lock' before. How in any world did you think that was lock?! There weren't even any votes after the previous vote count before you voted...
In 264 you seemed aware of my play. What gives? o_o Could... could 284 have been distancing from HSS?

*paranoid mode activates*

How is asking HSS if he has extended reads distancing?

Anyways, I'm busy with holiday stuff today. This will probably be my only post. And please read with a semi-annoyed tone.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Moonlight »

You have not answered how you went from being aware of my play in to amnesia in .

Am I going crazy?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Moonlight »

My point had nothing to do with BC's vote? What the fuck is going on? My posts read fine to me. Why am I being so misunderstood all of a sudden?!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Moonlight »

Hmm, let me try quoting those posts again. I will do exactly the same thing and hope for a different result. Apparently I AM INSANE.
In post 263, Moonlight wrote:Perhaps he wasn't reading the thread during the 50 minutes that the charade was on.

That aside, I like what I got from it. Tony, Squirrel and Nacho all reacted to it and it's defininitely something I might want to look back at later on.
In post 264, BipolarChemist wrote:What kind of read do you think their retraction gives, Moonlight?
In post 284, BipolarChemist wrote:I didn't notice Moonlight's 'lock' before. How in any world did you think that was lock?! There weren't even any votes after the previous vote count before you voted...
In 264, BC asks me about the reactions I got from my play.

In 284, he is acting as if he noticed it for the very first time.

So he is lying.

Can. Someone. Tell. Me. Why. This. Is. Being. Ignored?
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 361, Moonlight wrote:Hmm, let me try quoting those posts again. I will do exactly the same thing and hope for a different result. Apparently I AM INSANE.

In post 284, BipolarChemist wrote:I didn't notice Moonlight's 'lock' before. How in any world did you think that was lock?! There weren't even any votes after the previous vote count before you voted...
In 264, BC asks me about the reactions I got from my play.

So he is lying.

If you think you're insane, you should meet my sister.

Also, it could be an HSS-BC team we're dealing with here.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Moonlight »

Good, at least we might be insane together then. There's some comfort in that.

I'm still looking forward to hearing from Nacho. If he manages to convince me HSS can be Town (which I can't even imagine, but "never say never" I guess...), I'm going after BC.

I know first-hand that when I'm scum, I can forget things that happen in the thread, even things I have said.
Never
as Town. What applies to me doesn't have to apply to anyone else, but my read on BC was null before that and I was starting to consider him through PoE alone.

If anyone else has any thoughts to add to this madness, by all means.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 357, Tony PF wrote:

conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 am

Post by conman41895 »

I apologize for my extended absence. It was my birthday yesterday and I was at work all morning so I haven't has time to post. As i read I quoted all the posts I found interesting.
In post 304, homosapiensapien wrote:
But you're having trouble finding something particularly towny and I can guess why. Are you also getting a Town vibe from ? I spent minutes reading that one trying to pinpoint what caused it.
I agree that that post from Rach reads town to me. I won't be voting for her due to lack of activity because she is trying with an injury, but mostly because she is more town than scum in my mind.
homosapiensapien wrote:
In post 296, BipolarChemist wrote:If we had to lynch now, who would everyone like to see lynched?
I would like to see Moonlight lynched. Even if I'm wrong (And I really Hope I'm not) at least everyone would know that most of us were being mislead by who ever started the case. then we'll have a better idea about who is probably scum.
I also agree on the very scummy read everyone had on this post. Everyone should craft their own reads. However even with this really bad post I am not ready to vote for HSS. He remains my number one suspect and if we were near deadline I would, but we still have a few days left and I like day one to go on as long as possible to get as many reads as possible.
In post 304, homosapiensapien wrote: I 'm dissapointed that no one had voted differently while i was away for a whole day and night
People aren't going to change their vote on you if you don't give them a reason to change. Time doesn't heal wounds in this game you have to heal them yourself with logic and intelligent argument.

Spoiler:
In post 336, Kenobi wrote:
In post 291, Moonlight wrote:We've almost spent half of D1 and almost half of us aren't voting. I'm not very pleased about that.

To Nacho, Rach, Kenobi and conman: do something new. A vote would be a simple solution, but it doesn't have to be that if you want to keep it and you can find some other way. Just make something happen, please? Pretty please with sugar on top?
I'm pretty certain I have been contributing. Just because I'm not casting a vote just yet doesn't mean that I'm not providing reads; just that my reads aren't solid enough to warrant a vote. But if you want a vote, then here it is:
Vote: Moonlight

In post 295, Tony PF wrote:
In post 293, Moonlight wrote:And set myself up for disappointment? Naaah. At least those I know those I mentioned are capable of good posts.
In post 294, Moonlight wrote:One "those" too many up there, sorry. You know what I mean. >_>

Besides, despite not saying or doing much of anything else, HSS has at least voted. It's something, and just about the only thing I needn't doubt, even if it comes with reasoning that makes me sigh.
Ok, I completely understand.

Anyone want to be the inevitable dissenter?
Me.

I'll have to admit, HSS is still pretty scummy to me, but Moonlight, your behaviour, and the pandering that Tony's giving you is really, reaaaaally pushing me to thinking that you're a scumteam.
In post 320, Tony PF wrote:
In post 314, Moonlight wrote:He just implied that if I flip Town, he has been mislead, right?

I didn't misunderstand, did I? Can someone correct me please if I have misunderstood?
He is trying to imply it.

This isn't working, HSS.
Tony's opinions always echo Moonlight's;
In post 312, Tony PF wrote:
In post 308, homosapiensapien wrote:
In post 296, BipolarChemist wrote:If we had to lynch now, who would everyone like to see lynched?
I would like to see Moonlight lynched. Even if I'm wrong (And I really Hope I'm not) at least everyone would know that most of us were being mislead by
who ever started the case
. then we'll have a better idea about who is probably scum.
Oh dear, that's just glued my vote to you.

You have just admitted (by the part in bold) that you haven't been thinking for yourself, and have instead just been following everyone else's cases.That's not pro-town behavior.

Admit it, HSS.
You're the one trying to mislead us.
Uhhh... actually, I think you'll find that's Moonlight.
In post 309, Tony PF wrote:
In post 308, homosapiensapien wrote:
I would like to see Moonlight lynched. Even if I'm wrong (And I really Hope I'm not) at least everyone would know that most of us were being mislead by who ever started the case. then we'll have a better idea about who is probably scum.
Squirrel Girl & Bipolar Chemist, do you find Moonlight scummy?
Only
Moonlight? Not interested in their scumreads on other people? This interests me.
In post 299, Tony PF wrote:
In post 298, BipolarChemist wrote:Can you make a decent case for him being scum?
Shit activity(fewest posts in the entire game according to Activity Overview), shit cases on us(only said I "looked scummy" when he voted me), shit contributions to discussion(Poh-Tay-Toes), shit...everything I guess.

I know that's only half decent, but Moonlight could probably elaborate more.
Moonlight could probably elaborate more.
Okay. So. Moonlight's focusing entirely on HSS, has dismissed the thought of any scumbuddy with HSS, and is just constantly pressuring HSS. Sure, he hasn't given much, but HSS has pointed out Moonlight's attempt to mislead people. Which was then immediately turned back on him by, oh, who? Tony.

I'm feeling scum more readily from Moonlight, but I also want to see what Tony would do without Moonlight to sheep.

@Moonlight: You wanted something new? Here you go.

This, when i initially read it didnt feel like a case to me. It felt like Kenobi saying moonlight is scum because he is tunneling on HSS, and then he repeated himself after each quote. It made me curious as to his intentions.

Then moonlight's rant happened. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't believe in getting emotional because at the end of the day it is only a game but his reaction made me confused. I'm not sure if it was just because our personal gameplay differs on how to respond, but it made me uneasy. I don't know if it was angry town or angry scum. In short im just trying to say I'm still confused on my read on Moonlight.
In post 351, Kenobi wrote:The fact you've been at L-1 for basically 9 hours and nobody's done anything about it says that either you ARE scum and your scumbuddies don't want to bus you, or that at least one of the scum is already on your wagon (with the other quite possibly being one of the less active ones). Either way, this tells me something, and I don't need to deal with this charade any longer.
Unvote

I don't really see either you or Tony being scum, but it was good to see more emotional reactions, and I'm quite confident Moon's town now.
Kenobi: Please clarify, was it a real vote and Moonlight's emotional response convinced you otherwise, or was the vote a reaction test and you never truly believed moonlight to be scum.

If anyone has any questions that they would like me to answer, please be my guest.

Preview Edit: Tony I'm back no worries! :P
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Moonlight »

Angry scum-me guilt-trips you into not voting him while showing a more passive-aggressive attitude.

Angry Town-me wants to rip your head off and shit down your neck as he makes a phonecall to nuke your city of birth from orbit.

That's the difference. >_>
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Moonlight »

@conman: Thoughts on BC-scum and his amnesia?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Moonlight »

I'm off to bed, but not before saying that if anyone wants to read me based on my meta, I keep my wiki updated and you can find my games there.

Or just use the good ol' search button.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 180, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 149, Tony PF wrote:We might want to figure out who we all want to be pushing. TBH I'd even be fine lynching myself as long as it will help Town.
I just got to this post. No. Just no. You've just shot up to damn near the top of my scum list.
While I was looking through BC's ISO, I came to this. Ah this. The timing of it is somewhat awkward. BC says they "just" got to it, which means they didn't see my attempt to get sympathy/explanation/whatever you would call post 159.

This feels a bit rash to me. I would expect this sort of thing to come from the post of an experienced scum that has been waiting to call a good scum hunter scummy. Why couldn't you have asked questions?

My vote is glued to HSS right now, but you're not a bad lynch either.

Spoiler: My plan of action through D2, in case I get NKed N1
D1 Lynch(95% confidence): HSS. He has been inactive over half the time, has made extremely scummy votes and posts, etc. He can't survive to LyLo.

In case he's town:
Just want to throw this out there, Moonlight led this lynch, not me.

D2 Primary Lynch option(72.5% confidence): BC. Between this, and the amnesia incident, fairly confident. He's also an experienced player, so I can't exactly take him at face value.

Of course, if anyone else decides to do something that reeks of scum so hard it makes you incapable of smelling town in their presence, then feel free to string them up instead.

In case he's town:
If, and only if, HSS, was also town, this brings us to LyLo(unless scum fail to kill at some point.) We'll figure that out when we get there.

If HSS is scum,

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 364, Tony PF wrote:
In post 1, Nobody Special wrote:
Rules

(References: Equinox, Hoopla, Tierce, Vel-Rahn Koon, zoraster)

Activity

1. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought.
    For purposes of activity, Saturday and Sunday will be considered a 24-hour period.
  2. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice.
  3. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return.
Functionally, what I do is: Beginning at 12:01AM Saturday through 11:59PM Sunday, each two-hour period counts as one hour. So, conman had about 8-10 hours to go, IIRC.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 370, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 364, Tony PF wrote:
In post 1, Nobody Special wrote:
Rules

(References: Equinox, Hoopla, Tierce, Vel-Rahn Koon, zoraster)

Activity

1. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought.
    For purposes of activity, Saturday and Sunday will be considered a 24-hour period.
  2. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice.
  3. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return.
Functionally, what I do is: Beginning at 12:01AM Saturday through 11:59PM Sunday, each two-hour period counts as one hour. So, conman had about 8-10 hours to go, IIRC.
Whoops, missed the part about weekends. Sorry about that.

Now, can we get a vote count?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.11

homosapiensapien - 3 - Tony PF, Moonlight, BipolarChemist
Moonlight - 2 - Squirrel Girl, homosapiensapien

Not Voting: conman41895, RachMarie, Nachomamma8, Kenobi

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-25 23:06:24)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 361, Moonlight wrote: In 264, BC asks me about the reactions I got from my play.

So he is lying.

Not being ignored, I just don't have time today and I wasn't sure what you were on about. I asked you the question in 264 because you claimed to be running a gambit and I wanted to know what you were getting from it, I had missed the actual gambit :P
In post 369, Tony PF wrote:
In post 180, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 149, Tony PF wrote:We might want to figure out who we all want to be pushing. TBH I'd even be fine lynching myself as long as it will help Town.
I just got to this post. No. Just no. You've just shot up to damn near the top of my scum list.
While I was looking through BC's ISO, I came to this. Ah this. The timing of it is somewhat awkward. BC says they "just" got to it, which means they didn't see my attempt to get sympathy/explanation/whatever you would call post 159.

This feels a bit rash to me. I would expect this sort of thing to come from the post of an experienced scum that has been waiting to call a good scum hunter scummy. Why couldn't you have asked questions?

My vote is glued to HSS right now, but you're not a bad lynch either.
Firstly, I quoted and posted right away because any notion of someone indicating they are fine with their own lynch annoys the piss out of me. Second, if HSS turned up scum, how would it make sense for me to be scum, I was one of the first to point out his scuminess.

Also, you keep saying I'm more experienced, I've played here for like a month longer than Tony...

back to easter stufffff
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Tony chill a bit. We have one of the best mods, and believe me he is very meticulous about modding. Well he is meticulous and a bit of a pedant about everything. I should know since I am his fiance, Rachael.

Lurking in itself is not a scumtell BTW. It is the type of lurking you are looking for. Which is one of the reasons I want to see MORE from Nacho to peg him.

Why are you so sure that HSS is town Nacho I really want an answer to that.

SG why are you more convinced that Moon is scum over HSS? I have Moon down as a town read along with Tony.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”