NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2603, Yates wrote: 1. Re: Nikanor - Why would I question a claim? Is this something I actually have to answer?
Nikanor claims a day cop on d1 of a normal game, and you're honestly asking if it's real? Come on! You only asked that to look townie and push Nikanor on it if he rightly refused to answer such a stupid question. It was a cheap push, and one which you never would have done as town.
In post 2603, Yates wrote: 2. Re: Marq - Same as above
Same as above. Marquis's claim was obviously RVS BS. Taking it seriously and pushing it as scummy kept you from doing any actual scumhunting.
In post 2603, Yates wrote:
3. Re: Softclaim - "And watch him say he never was trying to claim that [mason]" - I was never was trying to claim that. I was intimating that I know who the mason is and that it isn't Marquis.
In post 2147, Yates wrote:Bottom line:
- I'm accusing Marquis of fake claiming mason.
- I'm saying I can prove it *without* the REAL mason needing to counter.
- I'm saying that it's scummy to fake claim mason.
- I'm trying to make her hard claim something she's *trying* to soft claim in order to remove wiggle room.

PE: :facepalm: Then WTF is up with that quote that - btw - YOU requoted after the mason flip? Huh??
In post 2165, Yates wrote:
In post 2159, DeathNote wrote:We are lynching between Yates and Marq today and I am starting to lean Yates.
Well then you better get explaining because as far as I'm concerned Marq isn't getting lynched as long as I'm alive.
And my lynch won't go through either.
So you're going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.
BULL.
In post 2175, Yates wrote:
In post 2166, Untrod Tripod wrote:your lynch won't go through? do tell.
In due time.

In the mean time, why are YOU voting Yates? I'm not going to let you pretend it's because you think I was trying to out the mason. It's clear I was role fishing - but only Marquis and Marquis knows why so...???
In post 2180, Yates wrote:Alright - I'm going to bed. I expect to see cases when I wake up. And you're going to want me to claim before you do something terrible so don't do something terrible while I'm sleeping.
FREAKING.
In post 2196, Yates wrote:
In post 2194, serrapaladin wrote:Aw hell naw.
Ha! Touché. How long have you been walking around with THAT in your back pocket?
In post 1374, Yates wrote:I am so confident on Mhork right now
I'm targeting Ms M tonight
. This information is important.
See the difference? In that game, I hinted at having a PR. Ironically, that's why I initially thought Marquis was scummy here. I didn't say "my lynch won't go through" like I did last night. My concern last night was getting run up so quickly without so much as a case. If you were Town, I would have expected you to say something yourself given the complete lack of information my mislynch would have given you.

Also, it's not like this would be the first time I made a bold prediction like that as Town, would it?
Spoiler:
In post 154, Yates wrote:I will sig bet you that you can not get me mislynched within the next 72 real hours. This is a limited time offer so get to work. Chop chop. If I'm not lynched by this time Saturday night, you lose.
In post 1317, Yates wrote:Instead of wasting everyones time with a lynch that I can 100% guarantee will not go through, why don't you tell me what you think of Plum?

Bottom line: you are rolefishing me. I'm not going to take the bait. If your scum-padres want to know my role you will have to get them to vote me up to L-1 or shoot me tonight.
CRAP.
In post 2603, Yates wrote:
I will admit that if I were a mason with Poro, something like that FoS you pointed out [contrary to your purported opinion, btw] would be TOTALLY in line with me distancing from my mason buddy in order to make the two of us harder to figure out in the event one of us got killed.
NO. NO. NO. This is not town thinking at all. You do not distance from your mason partner. There is no need to distance from your mason partner, as you want that connection to be seen. This is scum thinking, because scum want to distance so that the connection CAN NOT be seen. For masons, you don't want to make it obvious, but you don't want to distance. Calling your mason partner scum or "suspecting" them of being scum is bad play.

Also, for someone trying to argue that you weren't setting yourself up for a mason claim, you are beginning to set yourself up for a mason claim here by trying to convince us that Poro could have absolutely been masons with you and have been "distancing" from you:
In post 2603, Yates wrote: Of course, we'd also work out a way to verify in the event one of us needed to claim later. This is something I expect to see if/when the real mason is forced to claim.
You can't have it both ways, scumbag.
In post 2603, Yates wrote: 5. Re: my "focus" on your slot yesterday - this is the sum total of my laser focus on your slot:
In post 2463, Yates wrote:Re: RC slot - Bulba is the new RC and has two content promise posts. I think the slot is broken.
No one expects you to read the whole game. I *would* expect you to at least look at the deadline wagons, though. Doesn't seem like a stretch to expect - oh - ANYTHING after a full week.
Except I ALWAYS read the full game when I replace in. I think I even stated upon replacing in that I would be reading the game. That comment by you was a cheap shot. As for ISOs, they would tell me nothing, as I would have no context to put them in, and the best context for the game actually comes from having read it. I think it's too much to try to imply that the slot as a whole is useless (most likely pushing for a PL here) based on my not being caught up on a 100+ page game in 2 days (and not a week, like you're claiming was the case).
In post 2603, Yates wrote: Somehow Kagami and Nacho managed to post content...
Kagami posted because he had to, due to his being scum and in danger of being lynched. Nacho only ISO'd NS, saw that he was scum (Nacho is one of the few I'd trust to read NS like that.), and then asked that he be lynched. Given how little he actually posted, I'd say he wasn't that caught up either.
In post 2603, Yates wrote: 6. Re: lack of activity from your slot - You know how many scum wagons your slot has been on? It shouldn't take too long to count to zero.
I'd say that's not surprising, seeing as how my predecessor couldn't keep up and had to be replaced. What is your point?
In post 2603, Yates wrote: Conversely, I killed the Mafia RB and the Mafia Encryptor.
You jumped on when the wagons were gaining momentum and were not instrumental in getting either lynched. Don't you dare try to get towncred from that.
In post 2603, Yates wrote: So for a non-contributing slot to wonder why I - as someone that has contributed reads, advanced the game, killed scum, and actually scum hunted contrary to your bs accusation - would have the gall to call your slot "broken" is laughable.
Again, your actual contribution to the scum lynches were minimal, so you trying to use that as a reason to exalt your points, while discrediting mine, holds no water.
In post 2621, Yates wrote:What's bothering me...

Bulba? Seriously? You said this???
In post 2594, Bulbazak wrote:Nachomamma8: I want to believe town, mainly because I have a hard time thinking he'd replace into a scum slot with 2 buddies down, and then bus another one, especially when Kagami could have turned that slot around. However, this is Nacho, and I don't want to rush into a town read prematurely.
And then ignored looking at where my slot was on each of those wagons?? :facepalm:

So, you don't think Nacho would replace in to a scum slot down two players BUT you *do* think I would bus a third scum PR???

What I wouldn't do for a bullet...
Given that all 3 players were liabilities, were likely to be lynched given the momentum on their wagons, and the fact that being on the wagon might net you towncred, absolutely I believe you'd bus another PR. Being on the wagon is not the same as actively pushing the wagon, even when it would not be beneficial to do so at that given moment.

Vote Yates

I'll get to the rest soon.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:25 am

Post by Yates »

Happy Easter!

I'll be caught up tonight or [more likely] tomorrow. [Skimmed the post above. LAWL! Not even sure it's worth responding to. But I will...]
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Desperado »

Disclaimer: The jokes in this video have absolutely nothing to do with this game of mafia and are meant solely to amuse.

Vote Count 8.1tman2nd (2) - Marquis, DeathNote
Bulbazak (1) - Elyse,
Yates (1) - Bulbazak

Not Voting (4) - Yates, Ythan, tman2nd, Green Canyons

The deadline for Day 8 is Friday, May 2nd, at 8:00 PM EST. With 8 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2014-04-25 20:00:00).
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Desperado »

Green Crayons and Ythan have been prodded
;)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2680, Green Crayons wrote:Is anyone familiar with RC's other game play that earned him his reputation, and what that play is like?

Curious how closely it tracks to his play this game.
So I guess nobody?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 am

Post by tman2nd »

Eh, I'm conflicted. Like, I can see where a scum read of Yates would from. Yates hasen't exactly had the best track record. So, that kind of makes me want to read him as scum. Except, there are some things that give me pause. First, Bulba seems to be scum reading Yates for the wrong reasons. He focuses a lot on the thing with Marquis which I don't see as scummy at all. In fact, I still don't understand why Marquis made this post. I do not see how Yates was attempting to get the mason to out. I also, don't see how he was setting himself up as a mason claim. This should have been easier to see with the benefit of reading it all at once. Second, I still feel like Yates is town. There are some things he's said recently that give me that impression. I could actually see both Bulba and Yates as being town. That would leave Ythan and DN, which could be correct. I'd be happy with a Ythan lynch, but I think that wouldn't give us as much information. I'm going to go with a Yates townread today, but I'm not sure who I'd want to lynch betweeb DN and Bulba. I'd like to hear what GC thinks.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:32 am

Post by tman2nd »

Those of you who were town reading RC before Bulba replaced, I'd like to know why.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 am

Post by tman2nd »

Marquis, did you ever explainthis post?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by DeathNote »

RC town

Only game I could think of off the top of my head in which I played with RC town. Pretty much the same here.... does it mean RC is town? Ehh... maybe.... I don't know what RC scum looks like. I just know RC plays very much a VI role.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 2705, tman2nd wrote:Eh, I'm conflicted. Like, I can see where a scum read of Yates would from. Yates hasen't exactly had the best track record. So, that kind of makes me want to read him as scum. Except, there are some things that give me pause. First, Bulba seems to be scum reading Yates for the wrong reasons. He focuses a lot on the thing with Marquis which I don't see as scummy at all. In fact, I still don't understand why Marquis made this post. I do not see how Yates was attempting to get the mason to out. I also, don't see how he was setting himself up as a mason claim. This should have been easier to see with the benefit of reading it all at once. Second, I still feel like Yates is town. There are some things he's said recently that give me that impression. I could actually see both Bulba and Yates as being town. That would leave Ythan and DN, which could be correct. I'd be happy with a Ythan lynch, but I think that wouldn't give us as much information. I'm going to go with a Yates townread today, but I'm not sure who I'd want to lynch betweeb DN and Bulba. I'd like to hear what GC thinks.
This is town.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2662, tman2nd wrote:Oh! I wonder if that was a nk or something else.

So, I currently am town reading Elyse, Marquis, and Green Crayons pretty heavily. That leaves, Ythan, Deathnote, Bulzabeck, and Yates. Out of those, Bulbazeck seems like the best option. As, others have pointed out, there have been some inconsistencies with the way he has read people, so that's who I want to lynch today.

VOTE: Bulbazeck
In post 2671, tman2nd wrote:It is based on what others have said. I'm not going to go look for those posts right now because Bulbazeck is preparing a rebuttle to them anyway. Actually, I think I should have probably looked a little more into the arguments. I think I was a bit to hasty with my vote.

UNVOTE:
In post 2678, tman2nd wrote:
In post 2672, DeathNote wrote:
In post 2671, tman2nd wrote:It is based on what others have said. I'm not going to go look for those posts right now because Bulbazeck is preparing a rebuttle to them anyway. Actually, I think I should have probably looked a little more into the arguments. I think I was a bit to hasty with my vote.

UNVOTE:
So you are backpedaling out of that vote because you realize you don't remember what others have said or you don't think those comments are as condemning as you had hoped? You had Elyse voting with you so there was obviously something to work with. Why call it a hasty vote?
Maybe it wasn't a bad vote because it did put some pressure on Bulbazeck, but I'm realizing I need to refresh my memory and I'm unvoting because I'm not as confident in that vote anymore. I kind of had this idea build up in my mind that Bulba is scum over the last night, and I probably should have actually taken time to look at the evidence.
These are not.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Elyse »

yeah they are
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2708, DeathNote wrote:RC town

Only game I could think of off the top of my head in which I played with RC town. Pretty much the same here.... does it mean RC is town? Ehh... maybe.... I don't know what RC scum looks like. I just know RC plays very much a VI role.
Looking at that, I'd say we can't really base a read on Bulba based on RC's actions.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2711, Elyse wrote:yeah they are
No they aren't
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2681, Yates wrote:
In post 2668, Bulbazak wrote:[Yates]'s scum, and there's no inconsistancies to my reads, as my response will show.
Please be sure to hard commit to your "Yates is scum" case. I suspect it will be especially convincing given you have already voted and unvoted another player so early in the day phase. :igmeou:
This is what discrediting looks like.
In post 2684, Elyse wrote: Also this isn't strong at all but last time I played with Bulb he was town and was more all over the place and emotional. I realize it's only one game and he could've changed, etc. but it's something.
That probably has to do with putting up with a paranoid Mollie and tunneling Wisdom.
In post 2684, Elyse wrote: If a PR can confirm someone I highly suggest claiming. But only if you can confirm someone.
In post 2685, Elyse wrote:I don't see why scum would purposely no kill with potential masons around...is there a chance they forgot to kill?

If we massclaim and find no PR that could have prevented the kill, then we could start looking at people who were inactive at the time. Just a thought.
We are not massclaiming today, and you can stop trying to set up ways to pick off the weaker players, tyvm.
In post 2689, Yates wrote:
In post 2686, DeathNote wrote:Interesting....
How is that "interesting?" You basically created a false dichotomy by claiming you'd vote Yates
or
Ythan and MYLO/LYLO is likely tomorrow. What would you expect?
How is that a false dichotomy?
In post 2689, Yates wrote: There are exactly two confirmed Town as far as I'm concerned - based on events - and Marquis is one of them.
Interesting...

In post 2692, Marquis wrote:I suppose there is a possibility that scum no-killed.

If any PR has an action that could have stopped the kill, please claim though.
Any PR should hold off on claiming for the moment.
In post 2705, tman2nd wrote:That would leave Ythan and DN, which could be correct
Ythan is scum. DN is town.
In post 2712, tman2nd wrote: Looking at that, I'd say we can't really base a read on Bulba based on RC's actions.
That sounds about right. What is your read of my slot based on my actions?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Marquis »

Marquis, stop having so many fucking townreads.
link in bio
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2714, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2712, tman2nd wrote: Looking at that, I'd say we can't really base a read on Bulba based on RC's actions.
That sounds about right. What is your read of my slot based on my actions?
Well, I don't like what you scumread Yates for. At least, in your first post. At the same time, I get a town vibe from you. My read on you is rather up in the air at the moment.

I guess I should look at DN now.

Also, some of the ways Yates has defended himself has been poor, but I still think he is town.

Elyse, what are your reads?
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2715, Marquis wrote:Marquis, stop having so many fucking townreads.
As long as you still have room for 2 scum, it should be fine.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Yates »

Nurse - now doctor. FTR - I was not self-aware. Matias and I received a VT role PM.

No protection N1
N2 - Marquis
N3 - Marquis
N4 - Elyse
N5 - Elyse

In post 2700, Bulbazak wrote:Marquis's claim was obviously RVS BS.
Was it? So I guess post 1975 was RVS, then?
In post 2700, Bulbazak wrote:BULL.
Which part? The part where I go on to show you in post 2603 how I knew Marquis wasn't Poro's Mason buddy or the part where I said my lynch wouldn't go through and it subsequently didn't?
In post 2700, Bulbazak wrote:You do not distance from your mason partner.
Which is my point, yes? I'm saying there's a difference between distancing ["leaning scum"] and trying to blur the line a bit ["FOS"] so the connection isn't obvious.
In post 2700, Bulbazak wrote:for someone trying to argue that you weren't setting yourself up for a mason claim, you are beginning to set yourself up for a mason claim here by trying to convince us that Poro could have absolutely been masons with you and have been "distancing" from you
Is that what I was doing? Or was I simply illustrating the point above?
In post 2700, Bulbazak wrote:Except I ALWAYS read the full game when I replace in.
Well aren't you special. And how's that working out for you? Seems like a HUGE overreaction to an accurate observation on a slot. You might have cause for paranoia if I was pushing to lynch the lurker slot at
any point
during this game. But this? It looks like an attempt to find evidence to fit the "read" as opposed to the other way around - at best. Really, it looks like a massive misrep and an outright lie to me - especially in regards to the "pushing for a PL here" comment. With the exception of a lulzy "I might lynch Marquis just to shut her up" comment way early in the game [which was a joke but I'll be generous and say you can mischaracterize that as a PL push], where do you see me pushing for policy lynches? I'd like specific quotes please and thank you.
In post 2700, Bulbazak wrote:your actual contribution to the scum lynches were minimal
Regardless of how you want to "perceive" my contributions to those lynches, I was part of them. You claimed to have a Town read on someone for being part of ONE of those lynches and called me scummy in the SAME POST even though I was part of TWO. I'm not using the fact I was a member of those scum lynches as proof I'm Town - I'm using that to challenge your logic. So don't try to misrep my case by taking those statements out of context.
In post 2714, Bulbazak wrote:This is what discrediting looks like.
Yup. That's what discrediting looks like. I'm saying your "read" [claiming 'Yates is scum because blah blah misrep'] and your actions ['vote tman'] are not in alignment therefore you have discredited yourself. Nice job.
Please pm me to pre-in
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:26 am

Post by Ythan »

Secret nurse is normal?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2719, Ythan wrote:Secret nurse is normal?
Yup.
Please pm me to pre-in
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Ythan »

Aren't you prepared.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2721, Ythan wrote:Aren't you prepared.
Only since - like - post 2165 or so. In case I had to claim to prevent a mislynch.
Please pm me to pre-in
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by tman2nd »

I believe Yate's claim. I think there are two mafia out of DN, Ythan, and Bulba. I'm inclined to lynch DN today, but I need to finish reading his ISO. More on that later.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 am

Post by Marquis »

Not inclined to lynch Yates, Elyse, or DN.

I think I'm starting to come around to the idea of a Bulba lynch. But I also still want that tman lynch. Ythan????? Idk. Reading will happen after classes.
link in bio

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”