Newbie 1494 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 374, RachMarie wrote:Tony chill a bit. We have one of the best mods, and believe me he is very meticulous about modding. Well he is meticulous and a bit of a pedant about everything. I should know since I am his fiance, Rachael.
Sorry. Boredom does things to people.
RachMarie wrote: Why are you so sure that HSS is town Nacho I really want an answer to that.

SG why are you more convinced that Moon is scum over HSS? I have Moon down as a town read along with Tony.
Anyone else think these are spot-on the questions we're waiting for answers to before we lynch HSS? Or is there more?
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 373, BipolarChemist wrote:Not being ignored, I just don't have time today and I wasn't sure what you were on about. I asked you the question in 264 because you claimed to be running a gambit and I wanted to know what you were getting from it, I had missed the actual gambit :P
... Darn, that answer fits. You were drunk at the time too, so it makes sense for you to not notice it right away.
if HSS turned up scum, how would it make sense for me to be scum, I was one of the first to point out his scuminess.
There's this thing called distancing, you know. :P

I did consider an HSS/Tony team when HSS' vote was on Tony, I just left that out of my analysis of HSS' play. Scum buddies tend to scumread each other quite easily.
In post 375, Tony PF wrote:Anyone else think these are spot-on the questions we're waiting for answers to before we lynch HSS? Or is there more?
These are great questions, but I'd like to hear more from HSS himself actually.

@HSS: Any thoughts as to why Nacho is townreading you? Or anything else that's been going on?
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Post by Kenobi »

In post 365, conman41895 wrote:
Kenobi: Please clarify, was it a real vote and Moonlight's emotional response convinced you otherwise, or was the vote a reaction test and you never truly believed moonlight to be scum.
The latter. I wanted to be sure of Moonlight's intentions, and getting an emotional outburst is one of the best ways to get a good read. I'm now 100% convinced that Moon's town. Still a bit hesitant on Tony's sheeping, but I'm chalking that up more to inexperience. I'm in agreement that HSS is the scummiest (active/semi-active) person on here, but I'm not convinced about BC.

Also, I do apologise in advance, but I'm not sure how often I'll be on for the next few days, my laptop is having all kinds of weird networking issues (the kind that are OS-independent; my Ubuntu and my Windows both connect to the network, but not to the wider internet >.>). I'm posting this from another family member's computer, but there's a very limited window that I can use it in.

So, I'm inclined to vote HSS now, because if nothing else I want to see what he flips. If he's scum, excellent, but if he's town, it's at least one stagnant and unhelpful player down. I see that as win-win, especially given that this is day 1. I'm curious to see what the night-kill will be, as that SHOULD tell us something about the scum players (who I feel could well be within the inactive portion of players), which would explain the lack of particularly scummy reads.

Without further ado,
Vote: HSS

Anyhow, back to the wonderful world of fixing-my-fracking-computer.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Pedit: Hmm, that's L-1 (I'm counting correctly this time, yeah?) @HSS: please, contribute SOMETHING.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Moonlight »

Mhm, that's L-1 indeed.

I want Nacho to chime in, so please no quickhammering.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Tony PF »

Very good.

HSS please claim when you get on.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Moonlight »

He shouldn't claim before someone declares intent.

... Which is a matter of time from the look of things, unless HSS posts something good or Nacho gives a convincing argument for him being Town.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 381, Moonlight wrote:He shouldn't claim before someone declares intent.

... Which is a matter of time from the look of things, unless HSS posts something good or Nacho gives a convincing argument for him being Town.
I don't see someone declaring intent before HSS comes and goes again, which is sad because HSS's position is basically indefendable.

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 374, RachMarie wrote:SG why are you more convinced that Moon is scum over HSS?
Nothing I haven't noticed or mentioned already around the time of the gambit hammer thing. If you want me to restate that stuff I could. i'd suppose I'd toss in how easily everyone is voting for him so I think it's just lynchbait stuff - I'd certainly be willing to also repeat my issues and thoughts about you vs. HSS as regards that lynch, and why one is happening and the other isn't with total disregard to expected output from the two of you. I'd just probably get ignored again though.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 383, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 374, RachMarie wrote:SG why are you more convinced that Moon is scum over HSS?
Nothing I haven't noticed or mentioned already around the time of the gambit hammer thing. If you want me to restate that stuff I could. i'd suppose I'd toss in how easily everyone is voting for him so I think it's just lynchbait stuff - I'd certainly be willing to also repeat my issues and thoughts about you vs. HSS as regards that lynch, and why one is happening and the other isn't with total disregard to expected output from the two of you. I'd just probably get ignored again though.
Please repeat it, then.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 383, Squirrel Girl wrote:Nothing I haven't noticed or mentioned already around the time of the gambit hammer thing. If you want me to restate that stuff I could. i'd suppose I'd toss in how easily everyone is voting for him so I think it's just lynchbait stuff - I'd certainly be willing to also repeat my issues and thoughts about you vs. HSS as regards that lynch, and why one is happening and the other isn't with total disregard to expected output from the two of you. I'd just probably get ignored again though.
I have already considered HSS as lynchbait and provided my reasoning why I'm leaning heavily towards newbscum instead of newbtown.

I don't believe a Townie would have such an incredibly selfish outlook. He preemptively laid the blame on "whoever started the case on me" in case I flip Town. Who the fuck does that as Town? :?

(A voice in my head says: "A bad player. And HSS might be one. You might want to take it slo-")

Quiet, you!

Anyway, yeah, I don't think it's impossible for him to flip Town, it's just hard to believe.

Squirrel, I cannot speak for anyone else but I'm not ignoring you at all. We don't agree, but that's why I'm listening. You provide a different perspective and I NEED that.

I still don't know what to make of Rach. All I can tell is that she has been townreading you since , if not before that. I cannot tell if this comes from her knowing your alignment or reading you correctly, since I have been townreading you myself this whole time. >_>

(@Rach: If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.)
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:26 am

Post by RachMarie »

A weakish town read on SG, I have stronger town reads on others including you.

The gambit was kinda lame, but it felt from a towny PoV of trying to get info. Plus the other posts you posted tend to make me feel good about you being town.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Moonlight »

I assume that your lack of voting means you're lacking scumreads and you're trying to narrow it down through PoE.

What are your thoughts on lynchbait-HSS versus scum-HSS?
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 387, Moonlight wrote:I assume that your lack of voting means you're lacking scumreads and you're trying to narrow it down through PoE.

What are your thoughts on lynchbait-HSS versus scum-HSS?
I think I know what she's gonna say, but I won't say anything until she answers. I don't want to taint her response.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Moonlight »

A thought that makes me worry is that no one but Squirrel is defending HSS. So if he is scum, what is his buddy doing? Are they on the wagon, or have they stayed neutral?

Or he's just Town and Squirrel's right. >_<

I don't think an HSS-Squirrel team makes sense. HSS wouldn't refer to her as "whoever". If he was good enough to fake that, he wouldn't be in this position to begin with.

I won't be happy if D1 ends before there's a little more content from HSS and Nacho.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:35 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I quite often see scum on the other side of a wagon when town is deadset on lynching another townie. HSS has proven to be a distraction by not being here and when he is here not saying a whole hell of a lot.

This lynch, if HSS is not scum, could be a great info lynch, as well as trimming the fat.

Where the hell is Nacho?

And lol, Tony said taint.
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 am

Post by conman41895 »

I understand squirrels comment that she doesn't believe that HSS is scum. I actually agree with her, I just have a feeling that HSS is town, however he is the most scummy out of everyone so far. Thanks why if nothing changes by deadline I would be willing to hammer him, but I still have an annoying suspicion that he is town.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 391, conman41895 wrote:I understand squirrels comment that she doesn't believe that HSS is scum. I actually agree with her, I just have a feeling that HSS is town, however he is the most scummy out of everyone so far. Thanks why if nothing changes by deadline I would be willing to hammer him, but I still have an annoying suspicion that he is town.
If HSS turns up town, these comments right here will be interesting to look at. This could easily be scum hiding behind an "oh I thought he was town to begin with" barrier.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by RachMarie »

yes I agree there BPC

Moon
My primary scumspect is HSS, however I am giving Nacho a bit more time to chime in, instead of rushing to end the day. However if deadline comes close I will hammer HSS and not let us end up with a NL situation on D 1

Nacho knows I will do it too.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by RachMarie »

You can count that as INTENT TO HAMMER, BTW.

Just gonna hold the hammer for a bit to give HSS a chance for final thoughts claim and so on, plus for Nacho to chime in since we still have 5 days and change before deadline

Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 393, RachMarie wrote:yes I agree there BPC

Moon
My primary scumspect is HSS, however I am giving Nacho a bit more time to chime in, instead of rushing to end the day. However if deadline comes close I will hammer HSS and not let us end up with a NL situation on D 1

Nacho knows I will do it too.
In post 391, conman41895 wrote:I understand squirrels comment that she doesn't believe that HSS is scum. I actually agree with her, I just have a feeling that HSS is town, however he is the most scummy out of everyone so far. Thanks why if nothing changes by deadline I would be willing to hammer him, but I still have an annoying suspicion that he is town.
Why are you contradicting yourself.

1)You said you think he's town
2)You said you find him scummy.

Pick one.

Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Tony PF »

HSS, Please claim.

Everybody make sure he sees that.

homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien
Townie
homosapiensapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by homosapiensapien »

In post 327, Nachomamma8 wrote: I don't think HSS is scum.
@Nacho: And why is that?most people think I'm scum?
please explain next time you are on

I like it how people have scumread people who aren't just me while I haven't been on.

I'm just accepting that i'm too scummy whatever I do, and that everyone is probably lynch me anyway.

PS: can't wait to see how people are going to turn this into a "declaration of being mafia" or whatever
homosapiensapien
homosapiensapien
Townie
homosapiensapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by homosapiensapien »

When i say "I like it how have scumread people who aren't just me while i haven't been on." I know that everyone has been doing it all the time but your just doing it even more
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Bump
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”