BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by BROseidon »

1) I'm not "forcing" you to do anything. However, when given the chance to bounce ideas off of someone whose alignment is confirmed to you, so why wouldn't you use that to your advantage if you're town?

2) Such reasons, very wow. Also, you can't ignore the context of Serene claiming lyncher to BnB, because lynchers are usually to town, not scum.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Venmar »

1) i said what i said and i stand by it, now go away

2) i can ignore anything i want, just for the record. though lynchers can have anyone as their target, be it town as scum? leaving to generic chance that this outcome might be town in this case is stupid, since you seem to be beginning to revolve your reads around this stupid expectation, and if lynchers were almost always on town, which is the tone you gave off, lyncher would likely be a pro-town role at that. bnb is scum for his horrendous play during the last shift i had with him, and for his reaction to serenes lyncher claim, which is really the only thing related to serene in terms of my reasons in scumreading bnb. but if you are expecting me to build you a case, then you're out of luck, i don't do shit.

what exactly were you hoping to accomplish by talking to me, lol?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Venmar »

also the fact you used a doge reference is infuriating, don't do it

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1501, Venmar wrote:what exactly were you hoping to accomplish by talking to me, lol?
Doing something called make the game move, which apparently nobody this shift wants to do.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1501, Venmar wrote:2) i can ignore anything i want, just for the record. though lynchers can have anyone as their target, be it town as scum? leaving to generic chance that this outcome might be town in this case is stupid, since you seem to be beginning to revolve your reads around this stupid expectation, and if lynchers were almost always on town, which is the tone you gave off, lyncher would likely be a pro-town role at that. bnb is scum for his horrendous play during the last shift i had with him, and for his reaction to serenes lyncher claim, which is really the only thing related to serene in terms of my reasons in scumreading bnb. but if you are expecting me to build you a case, then you're out of luck, i don't do shit.
Also, here're the problems with this paragraph:

1) While lynchers can in theory go to town or scum, they typically go to town more often than scum (i.e., more than the ~75-80% rate at which town exist in games) for balance reasons.

2) bnb's play wasn't horrendous. AP's acting about how I'd expect him to act as town, and this is coming from the guy who's in-sync with AP enough most of the the time that people mistake his posts in-hydra for mine and vice versa. So you're not gonna get BnB lynched, because unless you make an argument, I'm going to make the argument that they're town, and the fact that I'm confirmed town AND have a solid history with AP means that I'm going to win.

3) Reaction to Serene's claim was fine. The parity-cop thing made no sense, and pushing bnb off it before Zora made no sense.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1502, Venmar wrote:also the fact you used a doge reference is infuriating, don't do it
nope.avi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1473, The Critic wrote:Bird and Beast (4) - Serene2, Venmar, MrZepher, hiplop
Serene2 (3) - ika, infinte jesters, xRECKONERx
Dry-fit (2) - Bird and Beast, AGar
MrZepher (1) - Svenskt Stal
AGar (1) - Dry-fit
Venmar (1) - BROseidon
This is the VC right now.

BnB wagon is shit. Get off it people.

Serene wagon is meh. Lynching a lyncher isn't unacceptable, but it's far from optimal play.

Dry-Fit wagon I'm eh on. Case sort of exists, but there are better places for wagons.

Zeph wagon is worse than Dry-Fit wagon.

AGar wagon is solid.

Venmar wagon is best right now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I expect all votes to be on a major wagon once this shift ends so that the next shift can get a fucking lynch.
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by FourteenPointFive »

In post 1486, xRECKONERx wrote:Don't scum control shift placement? So why would they need a special action to move Venmar to us?
HOLY SCUM POSTING BATMAN!

Reck moves up to scum in our list. I knew someone was going to go "why did scum only move on player?" to draw attention to a extraneous detail, and I had the feeling that player would be scum. I mean, and with especially the other shift, the way the shifts are right now, we're pretty unproductive, I had a feeling that our shifts would not change much, if at all. Cheery and I had been waiting on that. We're of the opinion that shift distributions and and changes are of little consequence, and are just a detail to muck things up some more. This also makes me wary of the Venmar vote a little bit. Reck's sheeping play of BRO is uninspiring, because Reckscum would know if BRO was right or not. And if BRO is wrong, all Reck gets to do is throw up his hands and say "I was following the confirmed town" and wash his hands of his play. I don't like it at all.

BnB is still playing like shit and is probably scum. The scumread has weakened a bit only because nothing about their play has changed, and others have actively been scum. I want to vote BnB here, we got a day though.

We think that if the lovers are a scum-town pairs, Jesters are the scum, by way of Sven being so fucking town.

Finally, Cheery disagrees with me on Peregrine, but I think he's bussing scum. When I entertained the thought that Zor's fakeclaim was true, he was very vehement in shutting down any and all discussion. It wasn't that he was telling me he didn't believe Zor, he was telling me it wasn't worth discussion because the outcome was already assured. This reads to me like he is a scumbuddy who already knew the outcome and wanted some towncred by defending the lynch. It looked like 100% bussing.
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm currently getting nowhere, but we should probably continue to lynch within the night original night shift.
What would be best is if we can have 4 practically global town reads from this shift and work the rest via PoE

Or we can try the same thing with Day shift with getting 6 town reads.
This gives 5 potential scum, and if we manage to go through episodes before scum can kill, we'll easily have enough mislynches to risk it.
In short I think this game can be broken.

At the moment if Reck would like to confirm his "confirmable town role", it'll be much easier
If that does in fact happen, the remaining possible scum from the first shift can be narrowed down to
PeregrineV
Aronis
hiplop
iamausername

On the assumption I think Goat didn't allow Zor to selfhammer deliberately and makes him town and that Dry-fit is being picked on as an easy mislynch by the scum in the first shift.

It will depend on what happens when iamausername gets replaced and what a replacement will do whether he stays in that group or not.
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Serene2 »

Go home you're off the clock
Last edited by The Critic on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm

You're pretty obviously not a part of this shift Serene.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

Post by Dry-fit »

So it seems like scum is trying to take advantage of the the inactivity of this shift. I already thought iamausername was town but this makes me think it moreso.

I don't know what to make of Venmar.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Venmar »

you obviously need to make me town

any other answer is futile

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 1504, BROseidon wrote:and
the fact that I'm confirmed town
AND have a solid history with AP means that I'm going to win.
thanks! this is exactly the exact fucking reason i never have ANY motivation to interact with an IC. you just proved why me talking to you was going to be a waste, like it has?

now imma go and drink a pint while this all blows over

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: Venmar

Sheeping the Innocent Child for now. I'll try to do something substantial later.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:12 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1514, Venmar wrote:thanks! this is exactly the exact fucking reason i never have ANY motivation to interact with an IC. you just proved why me talking to you was going to be a waste, like it has?

1) This isn't going to blow over, because we're lynching during the next shift.

2) So you're implying that you ascribe 0 value to other people's opinions by implying that you interact with someone only to discern their alignment, yet you expect other people to sheep what you say without backing?

Yeah no.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Venmar »

bro

im town

now go away

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1517, Venmar wrote:bro

im town

now go away
Why do you think you were moved to day shift? And only you. And not between episodes but in the middle, so to speak?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1512, Dry-fit wrote:So it seems like scum is trying to take advantage of the the inactivity of this shift. I already thought iamausername was town but this makes me think it moreso.

I don't know what to make of Venmar.
What do you make of the 58 pages pre-Venmar?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1503, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1501, Venmar wrote:what exactly were you hoping to accomplish by talking to me, lol?
Doing something called make the game move, which apparently nobody this shift wants to do.
You got me for like 6 hours, so post'em if you got'em.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1508, FourteenPointFive wrote:
In post 1486, xRECKONERx wrote:Don't scum control shift placement? So why would they need a special action to move Venmar to us?

Reck moves up to scum in our list. I knew someone was going to go "why did scum only move on player?" to draw attention to a extraneous detail, and I had the feeling that player would be scum. I mean, and with especially the other shift, the way the shifts are right now, we're pretty unproductive, I had a feeling that our shifts would not change much, if at all. Cheery and I had been waiting on that. We're of the opinion that shift distributions and and changes are of little consequence, and are just a detail to muck things up some more. This also makes me wary of the Venmar vote a little bit. Reck's sheeping play of BRO is uninspiring, because Reckscum would know if BRO was right or not. And if BRO is wrong, all Reck gets to do is throw up his hands and say "I was following the confirmed town" and wash his hands of his play. I don't like it at all.
green shirt thursdays
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1508, FourteenPointFive wrote:

Reck moves up to scum in our list. I knew someone was going to go "why did scum only move on player?" to draw attention to a extraneous detail, and I had the feeling that player would be scum.
When did you know "someone was going to go '
why did scum only move one player?
"
Considering mafia is the only ones who can switch shifts, why is Venmar's movement an "extraneous detail"?
You are basically calling the guy commenting about the elephant in the room scum for commenting on the elephant in the room.
Explain the above, and your rationale about how/why scum-Reck would need to point out the elephant his team just shoved into the room.
I mean, and with especially the other shift, the way the shifts are right now, we're pretty unproductive, I had a feeling that our shifts would not change much, if at all.
So was the 60 pages in one day unproductive, or the scumlynch on Zoaraster unproductive?
I had a feeling our shifts wouldn't change much, but that's because it aids in the process of elimination (as in Mafia in La-La-Land.
Cheery and I had been waiting on that. We're of the opinion that shift distributions and and changes are of little consequence, and are just a detail to muck things up some more. This also makes me wary of the Venmar vote a little bit. Reck's sheeping play of BRO is uninspiring, because Reckscum would know if BRO was right or not. And if BRO is wrong, all Reck gets to do is throw up his hands and say "I was following the confirmed town" and wash his hands of his play. I don't like it at all.
Think your confusing hiplop and Reck here. Which, given you already are claiming Reck is scummy, seems confusing how you can confuse them.
BnB is still playing like shit and is probably scum. The scumread has weakened a bit only because nothing about their play has changed, and others have actively been scum. I want to vote BnB here, we got a day though.
You've felt that way since .
We think that if the lovers are a scum-town pairs, Jesters are the scum, by way of Sven being so fucking town.
This has to be like the 100th post that I have the exact opposite opinion on. Why is Sven "so fucking town"?
Finally, Cheery disagrees with me on Peregrine, but I think he's bussing scum. When I entertained the thought that Zor's fakeclaim was true, he was very vehement in shutting down any and all discussion.
Discussion with the accused, because Zoraster was in our shift, and you didn't talk to him at all. Either head.
You managed somehow to believe and hope Zoraster was town, push a Logical lynch first, and not talk to him during that whole time.
Perhaps a detailed breakdown of your Zoraster townread would help us ignore any and all of your reads since he's already flipped scum.
It wasn't that he was telling me he didn't believe Zor,(, ) he was telling me it wasn't worth discussion because the outcome was already assured.() This reads to me like he is a scumbuddy who already knew the outcome and wanted some towncred by defending the lynch. It looked like 100% bussing.
Amazingly, I gave my opinion on why I disbelieved Zoraster( ).
You should show my why you had developed the opposite opinion, since you were attacking the lynch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1509, FourteenPointFive wrote: On the assumption
I think Goat didn't allow Zor to selfhammer deliberately
and makes him town and that [bold]Dry-fit is being picked on as an easy mislynch[/bold] by the scum in the first shift.
Why you think this?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1514, Venmar wrote:
In post 1504, BROseidon wrote:and
the fact that I'm confirmed town
AND have a solid history with AP means that I'm going to win.
thanks! this is exactly the exact fucking reason i never have ANY motivation to interact with an IC. you just proved why me talking to you was going to be a waste, like it has?

Actually, even if he is wrong and you are mislynched, you would think that you would at least get all your ideas out there and bounce them off of the confirmed town, since you know he's town and not bullshitting you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”