Mini 1566: Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Game Over)

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by sangres »

where are the reasons?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Aegor »

Whoops. Forgot to ask you why you think I in particular am benefiting from the spam.

My reasons are simple: This game makes me sad. Killing HKC or Jake would cut the number of posts in half and make me not sad since I could actually contribute. Killing me would make me happy because it would remove me from the hell that is slogging through the posts in this thread. It is page 34 and I still have no actual reads on anyone, and I do not really think a re-read will change that. I have very little to offer here.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 822, SMP wrote:I leave for a couple hours and come back to Jake and HKC blowing up the thread with their half drunken town vs town exchange.

I'm leaning towards Shroomish right now, mainly for his earlier push for Jake to claim. There was no reason for that so early in the day when he had all of 3 votes on him.

VOTE: HighShroomish

I like Anti's posts since coming into the game, though I'm not really getting the kdub read. Where are you getting that from Anti?

Interesting that the ??? vote move again. This time to Scar of all people. Not entirely sure what to make of that.
awful post, awful vote
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Aegor »

Why is the vote awful? It is not like there was any momentum on HS.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

for kdub, i feel like there's a lot of questioning, but little connection to the big picture. in particular, the PhD parts are bothersome (what's the opinion, does he like the scar lynch or not?; he's not criticizing the wagon, but leaving the door open to join it).
the shroom vote is meh too.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 828, Aegor wrote:Why is the vote awful? It is not like there was any momentum on HS.
it's awful because the case on shroom is awful
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 821, sangres wrote:
In post 820, fferyllt wrote:most of what I've seen while I was still paying attention was differences of opinion and observations from different vantage points. Sort of like me seeing your replies to some of my posts as discredits and you deny that. It's possible that neither of us are lying. But, I feel my observation is valid and I want you to think about how you're talking to me. And, don't dismiss out of hand the possibility that you don't intend to discredit me.
gah
Just reread and realized I left a word out. The last sentence should read "And
I
don't dismiss out of hand the possibility that you don't intend to discredit me."
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by sangres »

In other news.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Kdub
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 829, Antihero wrote:for kdub, i feel like there's a lot of questioning, but little connection to the big picture. in particular, the PhD parts are bothersome (what's the opinion, does he like the scar lynch or not?; he's not criticizing the wagon, but leaving the door open to join it).
went and re-read and you are actually right about kdub but why is the shroom vote meh?
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 am

Post by HighShroomish »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT STOP WITH THE FIVE AND A HALF PAGES AT NIGHT.
Again, just proxy everything sangres said. This is getting ridiculous.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 am

wow what a helpful post :roll:
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 am

Post by Kdub »

In post 785, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 784, Kdub wrote:HKC seems town,
tell me why lying is pro town
"Lying" means you think HKC knows that something is false and says it anyway. It's not lying if they say something based on their view/opinion of what happened, even if it turns out to be false. Being wrong != lying.
In post 826, Aegor wrote:My reasons are simple: This game makes me sad. Killing HKC or Jake would cut the number of posts in half and make me not sad since I could actually contribute. Killing me would make me happy because it would remove me from the hell that is slogging through the posts in this thread. It is page 34 and I still have no actual reads on anyone, and I do not really think a re-read will change that. I have very little to offer here.
I agree, I'd rather see wallposts but have the game be half the number of pages that it is. I don't know why, but it's psychologically tougher to go entire pages with just 3 or 4 people posting one-liners back and forth.
In post 829, Antihero wrote:for kdub, i feel like there's a lot of questioning, but little connection to the big picture. in particular, the PhD parts are bothersome (what's the opinion, does he like the scar lynch or not?; he's not criticizing the wagon, but leaving the door open to join it).
I saw no good reasons for the Scar wagon, so I didn't want to join it. Independent of that, I have a null read on Scar himself. I guess it's fair for you to say I haven't taken a strong stance on it, but I simply don't have one at this point.

You don't find it even the least bit sketchy that HS asked Jake for a role claim at the point that he did? I could get into why his reasons for asking for the claim were crap as well, but let's just start on this point for now.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:25 am

"Lying" means you think HKC knows that something is false and says it anyway.
Yep
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:28 am

I saw no good reasons for the Scar wagon, so I didn't want to join it. Independent of that, I have a null read on Scar himself. I guess it's fair for you to say I haven't taken a strong stance on it, but I simply don't have one at this point.
So why not do more? Question the people in scar's wagon better or question scar to determine his alignment. Saying you don't want to join it but would anyway is scummy. Who are your scum reads? What are you doing to try and get them lynched?
Show
Things I've learned.
PhDScar
PhDScar
Goon
PhDScar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:47 am

Post by PhDScar »

In post 826, Aegor wrote:Whoops. Forgot to ask you why you think I in particular am benefiting from the spam.

My reasons are simple: This game makes me sad. Killing HKC or Jake would cut the number of posts in half and make me not sad since I could actually contribute. Killing me would make me happy because it would remove me from the hell that is slogging through the posts in this thread. It is page 34 and I still have no actual reads on anyone, and I do not really think a re-read will change that. I have very little to offer here.
I agree 100% but that doesn't explain why you are just pretending to do stuff.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Kdub »

In post 838, Jake from State Farm wrote:So why not do more? Question the people in scar's wagon better or question scar to determine his alignment. Saying you don't want to join it but would anyway is scummy. Who are your scum reads? What are you doing to try and get them lynched?
I said I would compromise on Scar if it came down to it just so we can get a lynch and end the day. That's not scummy, it's reasonable play if your top lynch choices become unviable.

I thought I made it clear that I suspect HS and Aegor at the moment. I'm trying to see why people are giving HS a pass for his stance on you earlier.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Hello Kitty Creampuff »

bert wants to say that he thinks ffery is town

and mara agrees
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Hello Kitty Creampuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Hello Kitty Creampuff »

he has nothing else to add at this time
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:17 am

In post 841, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:bert wants to say that he thinks ffery is town

and mara agrees
Great. Because she's under so much suspicion right now. Thanks for clearing that up for us all...
Show
Things I've learned.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:28 am

Post by sangres »

In post 826, Aegor wrote:Whoops. Forgot to ask you why you think I in particular am benefiting from the spam.

You in particular because you're using your vote as a ratchet with no real reasoning for why you think each person you're voting is scum. When the vote is so obviously a ratchet it should be drawing a lot more questions. And would if the thread were less noisy.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 836, Kdub wrote:You don't find it even the least bit sketchy that HS asked Jake for a role claim at the point that he did? I could get into why his reasons for asking for the claim were crap as well, but let's just start on this point for now.
context: shroom was pushing jake and jake already softclaimed.
looking at the ISO, it looks a lot more like shroom thinks he's calling jake's bluff rather than just straight up role fishing out of nowhere.

fun exercise:
assume shroom is scum and jake's town. why would shroom ask for a counterclaim? he knew he wouldn't get one.

kdub's case makes a lot less sense considering the context.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 720, sangres wrote:The other players I'd consider lynching are kdub, Aegor and AJ. Which is part of why I liked your catch-up. SMP is a maybe, which could firm up tonight, but I doubt it.
Had you mentioned any of these before the Anti replace-in?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 732, Hello Kitty Creampuff wrote:and inconsistent shit since SCUM DON'T MAKE FUCKING CASES
I think I've written more cases per capita as scum than as town?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:28 am

Post by sangres »

In post 846, BROseidon wrote:
In post 720, sangres wrote:The other players I'd consider lynching are kdub, Aegor and AJ. Which is part of why I liked your catch-up. SMP is a maybe, which could firm up tonight, but I doubt it.
Had you mentioned any of these before the Anti replace-in?
That shouldn't be to hard to figure out on your own.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my concerns about Aegor. I think Nacho did too, but I'm not going to go back and check it. Aegor was pinging from quite early with his voting pattern. Nacho questioned kdub in his last visit to the thread. I don't think either of us have mentioned AJ, and Antihero did influence that read somewhat, mostly because his other comments have been very much in line with what I've thought about the game during those moments when I can hear myself think in here.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:29 am

Post by BROseidon »

This game is the worst.

I'd vote Jake to make this game less terrible, but I think he's town :/

I'm still fine with my SMP vote.

pedit: It's not, but I was reading.