MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 968, xRECKONERx wrote: I'm assuming you, too, do not have a reason for voting me!
It's more like a statement.
Tim Howard wrote:The justice bones in my body really want to lynch the crap out of Katsuki for ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing while it was happening. He's just completely all over the road, especially tonight. Mark me down as 'willing to vote Kats' for the Day.
So what's stopping you? Let me put it this way:

VOTE: Katsuki
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Tim Howard »

acceptabru

VOTE: katsuki
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 974, Tim Howard wrote:So that entire sixty/reck discussion was interesting, but left me with basically nothing other than "boy they seem mad at each other." They both made good points and they both made bad points. Pretty much came out a wash at this point.

The justice bones in my body really want to lynch the crap out of Katsuki for ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing while it was happening. He's just completely all over the road, especially tonight. Mark me down as 'willing to vote Kats' for the Day.

I would vote Reck to save our bacon, but I feel similarly as I did in my previous post with Shadoweh - generally unconvinced either way at this point.
MAYBE BECAUSE RECK/SIXTY IS HARD TO READ AND REQUIRES SITTING DOWN AT A COMP?

AND HOLY SHIT YOU TALK AS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TRYING TO PUSH THE KATSWAGON AT ALL
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 975, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 968, xRECKONERx wrote: I'm assuming you, too, do not have a reason for voting me!
It's more like a statement.
Tim Howard wrote:The justice bones in my body really want to lynch the crap out of Katsuki for ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing while it was happening. He's just completely all over the road, especially tonight. Mark me down as 'willing to vote Kats' for the Day.
So what's stopping you? Let me put it this way:

VOTE: Katsuki
CHAMBER THIS IS THE INCOMPETENCE YOU'RE CALLING TOWN
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

chamber is not calling me town at all. <_< Speaking of incompetent?
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 1, VC 32
Tim Howard - (4):
Zdenek, Katsuki, Plum, kanyeknowsbest
Venmar - (2):
Nero Cain
, Untrod Tripod
Shadoweh - (2):
ChannelDelibird, Nobody Special
xRECKONERx - (3):
Lady Lambdadelta, Sixty, Venmar
Plum - (1):
Flipping Awesome
Sixty - (2):
chamber, xRECKONERx
Katsuki - (3):
sangres, Shadoweh, Tim Howard

Not voting - (1):
Cerulean

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
26th of April at 5pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-04-26 12:00:00)
Plum is V/la.
[/area]
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 979, Shadoweh wrote:chamber is not calling me town at all. <_< Speaking of incompetent?
Oh so why aren't we killing you then? I completely ignored oyu because I thought chamber called you town.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Tim Howard »

Yeah this is absolutely a thing we should lynch. I think the last time I mentioned you was over a week ago, Kats.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 981, Katsuki wrote:
In post 979, Shadoweh wrote:chamber is not calling me town at all. <_< Speaking of incompetent?
Oh so why aren't we killing you then? I completely ignored oyu because I thought chamber called you town.
Sixty pointing out that the PLAIN RED reference was likely to roles and not just about Admin coloring made me sufficiently less sure about her, also the slot managed to be extremely scummy in the same instance, which helped. I also previously assumed that the town color was actually the admin color (being aligned with mith and all) because the skin mafBlack updates that color to (FF0000) the color the town actually is. Which is better described as PLAIN RED than the admin color is, which is why I had overlooked that reference.
Taking a break from the site.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

It's like you're speaking another language. :|
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 984, Shadoweh wrote:It's like you're speaking another language. :|
I experience that often, and I'm never sure if it's because I'm being very clever or very dumb, I'm always sure it's one of the 2 though.
Taking a break from the site.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I'm completely fucking exhausted so I'm cutting this (somewhat) short for tonight unless people want to talk to me about other stuff in the ~1 hour I have left awake.
In post 882, Sixty wrote:But assuming they know the Town color
that is in the very first page
isn't all that nonsensical, yes?
The idea in my head at the time that she just fucked up: when I first read the line, I did a double take because I couldn't believe that had been posted. Her reaction to this whole thing is what made me think I probably jumped the gun on that one and now I'm just not at all as sure as I was before (as an aside, the town color isn't really something I think about or put in effort into trying to remember when I'm scum but that's probably because I'm bad at it, so).
In post 884, sangres wrote:Empire, you remember thinking that my Plum town-case in pennipedum looked too simplistic to be town?

If I had been town and had to explain why I thought Plum was town in that game, the case would have been very similar but I would have gone on a bit more about why the Plum in the On A Boat game was different.

I'm not seeing quite the same level of <I'm looking for a word here but I don't think there's a single word that hits the mark - ambiguity, many words that say not much, off-to-the-side> play, but IMO she's much closer to that than to the open, engaged, in the moment play I saw in Pennipedum.

I can move our vote there. But, I'd much rather be on a wagon that you and F-16 both think are scum if I'm not going to stick with nacho's strongest scum read.
"Passive" might be a decent word there? The thing is she looks like scum particularly because she does remind me of that game in the ways I mentioned but my biggest concern right now is that it might be activity related (since she's been V/LA for a large part of this Day phase). I could vote her but I wouldn't feel confident in it at all.
In post 936, sangres wrote:ha! even as I was answering this with "not at all since our first set of reads lists" I was getting text messages from him <3

I like that you're engaging me about our reads.

He feels pretty strongly about his katsuki read and I'm feeling a little bad about moving our vote rather than trying to push that wagon by proxy.

He feels like Katsuki's push on him in this game feels a lot like his push on kuribo in Anything Goes. And that his reaction to Nacho's push doesn't feel at all as organic as his town reactions usually are.

Basically I think he's calling Empire's meta-town read on Katsuki too shallow.
Uh, I just looked over what Nacho had posted about him in #295 and he says there that Katsuki as town tends to talk about how Nacho should be able to read him. Is that not what he's doing here (#626)? What more were you guys expecting from his reaction (I don't think Katsuki really one much for detail when he's town)?

---

@Sixty:
I still think Reck is town, in fact even moreso after the series of posts just now. I don't know if you guys have read The Reckoning III and that Mini Theme Fate ran, but if not, you really should (although Reck's effort level when putting forth a defense is more like the former than the latter). In fact, I'd say his play here mirrors The Reckoning III almost exactly...I get why you guys are suspicious of him, I remember having reservations on a townread on him while following it even though he literally townslipped on like page 5 or something of that game because his play felt half-finished/under-construction but I don't think he's scum here. If I had to pick a wagon to compromise on, it'd be Plum, though I have some reservations about going that way especially given that Tim Howard is one of the major proponents of it and every time they post, I get reminded of CDB's townread and then get traumatic flashbacks to the townreads on Andrius from The Game That Won't Be Mentioned.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 986, Cerulean wrote:"Passive" might be a decent word there? The thing is she looks like scum particularly because she does remind me of that game in the ways I mentioned but my biggest concern right now is that it might be activity related (since she's been V/LA for a large part of this Day phase). I could vote her but I wouldn't feel confident in it at all.
It might be a good word but it's not what I thought about her play in On A Boat. "Impenetrable" maybe. At the time, I thought she was playing so differently (and maybe better) than I was, because most of the players both at the start and as the replacements came in were people I had no experience with (but in several cases had experience playing with each other), and it was hard for me to say if reads I disagreed with were bad reads or if my reads were bad.

Then in Pinnipedum she wasn't impenetrable at all and I don't think that as town I would have had the same sort of trouble reading her.

Her play in this game is somewhere between those two points.
Cerulean wrote:
In post 936, sangres wrote:ha! even as I was answering this with "not at all since our first set of reads lists" I was getting text messages from him <3

I like that you're engaging me about our reads.

He feels pretty strongly about his katsuki read and I'm feeling a little bad about moving our vote rather than trying to push that wagon by proxy.

He feels like Katsuki's push on him in this game feels a lot like his push on kuribo in Anything Goes. And that his reaction to Nacho's push doesn't feel at all as organic as his town reactions usually are.

Basically I think he's calling Empire's meta-town read on Katsuki too shallow.
Uh, I just looked over what Nacho had posted about him in #295 and he says there that Katsuki as town tends to talk about how Nacho should be able to read him. Is that not what he's doing here (#626)? What more were you guys expecting from his reaction (I don't think Katsuki really one much for detail when he's town)?
I think I'm at my limit of channeling Nacho and trying to fill in the blanks. Hopefully tomorrow either he and I can talk by text more so I understand his concerns better or he can make an appearance.
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Flipping Awesome »

Empire, I read your analysis in Post . I obviously agree with your CDB read. I am not sure what to make of Tim Howard jumping in on Plum and pushing the wagon since I wasn't super-confident about the Plum read and didn't really post much of a "case" beyond a couple of sentences. I was more hoping Plum would get back into the thread so we develop a better read. But, I think scum bandwagoning might be more subtle as opposed to blatant. Also, considering both CDB and Chamber are convinced he is town, I'd rather table that read for D2.

I lean slight town on
Katsuki
here based on meta. I re-read the Death Note game I linked earlier. Ffery, did you or Nacho get a chance to read it? The main thing I observed is that he is very go-with-the-flow as scum and at times, even predicting the flow before it happens. Notice his early push on Hopkirk just as Mastin (in a hydra with me as Mafia Theory) pushes Hopkirk and the Herself hydra jumps in. Katsuki pretty much pushes the wagon for all it is worth. The other thing I noticed I noticed on re-reading is that he adjusts his tone and stances to fit in with the playerlist. In that instance, see his Post 144 where he explains his thoughts to me in detail upon being asked. In general, I find that he is in sync with the gamestate and the players as scum, but as town, he isn't. I'm not sure about the exact reasons but I think it is probably because he wants to push his scumreads even if others disagree. I am still not ready with this read though since I don't have external validation for it that I was hoping for and obviously Empire and Nacho can't both be right so that will take some more time to figure out. I am also happy that you want to build consensus and hope you are town. I'd like to see where your reads are at right now.

I am not the best at reading xReckonerx and when I was following Fall of Gondolin in real time, I thought he looked scummy on page 1 with the "wrong as fuck like always Tierce" discredit but I am willing to consider your townread him. What are your updated thoughts on Kanye?

~ F-16
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Empire »

F-16, right now my townreads are you, Sixty, sangres, Zdenek, chamber, CDB, LLD, and Reck...weaker ones on NS and Katsuki. That leaves a pool of: Shadoweh (who is potentially town via her reactions), kanye, Nero Cain, Plum, Venmar, UT, and Tim Howard (who I'm willing to defer to CDB for now despite my reservations), which is actually part of why this game makes no sense to me as it feels like any combination of 4-5 of them would make a ludicrous team. Makes me feel like I'm wrong somewhere.

I was hoping that my questioning kanye would lead somewhere but it hasn't. The main reason I asked him about the Sixty wagon was that Tammy told me a while back that kanye likes to get reads off of stuff like that as town so I was trying to follow up on that idea but his absence basically negated that whole line of inquiry. I was concerned that his strong townread on Katsuki was an attempt to buddy up to him so I tried to get some more substance there but refusing to elaborate the reasons behind it seems like something he'd do as both alignments.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 989, Empire wrote:F-16, right now my townreads are you, Sixty, sangres, Zdenek, chamber, CDB, LLD, and Reck...weaker ones on NS and Katsuki. That leaves a pool of: Shadoweh (who is potentially town via her reactions), kanye, Nero Cain, Plum, Venmar, UT, and Tim Howard (who I'm willing to defer to CDB for now despite my reservations), which is actually part of why this game makes no sense to me as it feels like any combination of 4-5 of them would make a ludicrous team. Makes me feel like I'm wrong somewhere.

I was hoping that my questioning kanye would lead somewhere but it hasn't. The main reason I asked him about the Sixty wagon was that Tammy told me a while back that kanye likes to get reads off of stuff like that as town so I was trying to follow up on that idea but his absence basically negated that whole line of inquiry. I was concerned that his strong townread on Katsuki was an attempt to buddy up to him so I tried to get some more substance there but refusing to elaborate the reasons behind it seems like something he'd do as both alignments.
First time for everything. =/
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

They're probably not the entire scumteam but there's probably scum in there somewhere. I think y'all are trying too damn hard to solve the entire game on Day 1. You need to throw away some reservations and just vote/push someone you're not sure of. Even if it was loud, pushing Reck helped read him when alot of people weren't sure what to think of him. Take a chance on something even if you're not sure you believe in it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I really don't like that quadz's opinion about the me vs Sixty thing seems to just boil down to, "That was interesting but here's why it's null."

I'd be
very
interested in hearing him expand on what he means by, "They both made some good points, they both made some bad ones." Which points, specifically, did you think were good or bad from either side?

Cerulean is my first bonafide town read this game, HOORAY!
Given my recent track record, that probably means they're scum!
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also, legitimately, Sixty's argument with me was scummy. They pushed a
very
bad read on me (subjective), but then OBJECTIVELY LIED in order to try and paint me in a scummy light. When it was pointed out that they lied, they hand-waved it away and said, "oh you might be right, meh" and didn't think twice about it. Very reminiscent of exactly what Nuwen did in Fate's last mini theme. And they DO raise a good point: Tierce attacked me pretty early in Fall of Gondolin, because she was trying to poke the bear like she did when she was town in Scummies Invitational. Why isn't she doing the same thing here?

Something about F-16's recent post bothers me. I think it's the way he tries to recall my play from FoG like it was something that happened in the past, but directly quotes me from that game (implying he is reading it, like, right now).
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also yeah, I would probably go for some hot Katsuki action. The only thing making me hesitant is Kats saying he wishes he could still read me, because I think Kats-scum would be more likely to buddy me and call me town and get in my blind spot.
green shirt thursdays
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I would've been tempted to vote you based on skim if not for what happened in Destiny II.

You hsould totally help vote Quadz though.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 884, sangres wrote:<I'm looking for a word here but I don't think there's a single word that hits the mark - ambiguity, many words that say not much, off-to-the-side>
Fogging (or, much more obscure, pettifogging).

You're welcome.

unvote
(completely and totally unrelated to the above)

-Nobody Special (who is still 4 pages behind)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Tim Howard »

In post 992, xRECKONERx wrote:I really don't like that quadz's opinion about the me vs Sixty thing seems to just boil down to, "That was interesting but here's why it's null."

I'd be very interested in hearing him expand on what he means by, "They both made some good points, they both made some bad ones." Which points, specifically, did you think were good or bad from either side?
I could go back and re-read it and quote shit, but I'm really not that interested in going back and doing an in-depth re-read of a fairly unpleasant argument near the end of the game day which did not result in significant read changes. *shrug*
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Prodding Untrod Tripod and Nero Cain.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

yeah I've been busy. thanks so much for the prods.

will post more later

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”