Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia (1):
HempHHH
Madonna (1):
Tr1ckster

No Vote (2):
BlueBloodedToffee, Luca Blight

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Thursday, May 1, at 9:00 AM CDT, which is in (expired on 2014-05-01 09:00:00).
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 247, Aquanim wrote: Okay then.

I agree with Thor that you're scummy. Sheeping the IC would be a legitimate scum tactic I agree but I have my own reasons for voting you and even if I didn't a townie might quite reasonably look at Thor's reason for voting you and think "yeah that's worthy of my vote too".

I
have
provided reads on people I think are town, and I'm willing to discuss them.

I can't even comment on "analysis of my posts was pretty awful" since you haven't substantiated that at all.

Madonna asked for other people's opinions of her case on Tr1ckster and I responded. (This is one example of me commenting on a townread.) I don't understand Madonna's attitude towards me, but I have other fish to fry at the moment.

TL;DR your entire case on me is unsubstantiated and in some aspects plain wrong. I'm not impressed.
What are your own reasons for voting me, may I ask?

You're contradicting yourself regarding town reads. You specifically said you did not feel it was a good use of your time to post about your townreads, now you're saying you actually have provided reads and you're willing to discuss them. Why the change of heart?

Your analysis was like 'Stuff', you commented on my discussion with Thor as though it was a negative, was 'long winded' the phrase that you used? I was simply answering questions being fired my way, if you thought it was long winded, is that not the fault of the person asking the questions as opposed to the person answering them. I fail to see how you can vote for me that.

I don't have a case on you. Yet.
In post 248, Aquanim wrote:Also, which of your reasons for thinking Thor is town do you think do not apply to my play?
In post 249, Aquanim wrote:Furthermore, how are you "sure [Thor's] intentions are good" when a fair proportion of his posts are tunneling a single point about you?
Thor was the instigator, he came after me off his own back, not following anybody else. He put himself in the spotlight to chase me down, I say spotlight because our discussion pretty much dominated 3 pages. As I said, you have simply followed his lead. It's more what you do that makes you look scummy, as opposed to what you do that makes you look town.

'Sure' may have not been the right word to use. Obviously, I cannot be sure his intentions are good, but I feel that it is genuine scum-hunting. Of course, it would not be hard for an experienced IC to outplay a newbie like myself, but this is how I feel regarding the situation as of now. He is doing all the things I would expect a townie to do.

You have jumped on my wagon. Thor's 'tunneling a single point' certainly looked good enough for you to delve a little deeper, right? So, why does that not indicate that he is town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 231, Not_Mafia wrote:And I have explained my behaviour, whereas at the time of BBT's vote Hemp hadn't and arguably still really hasn't, so I don't agree.
At the time of my vote and his complaint about my vote you hadn't - thus defeating this whole stance unless I'm missing something.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:18 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 251, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: What are your own reasons for voting me, may I ask?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5839056
among other posts. My reasons for voting you are pretty clear
You're contradicting yourself regarding town reads. You specifically said you did not feel it was a good use of your time to post about your townreads, now you're saying you actually have provided reads and you're willing to discuss them. Why the change of heart?
There's a difference between "willing to discuss town reads", which I am, and "thinking that talking about my townreads is going to help us to lynch scum today more than talking about my scumreads", which I'm not.
Your analysis was like 'Stuff', you commented on my discussion with Thor as though it was a negative, was 'long winded' the phrase that you used? I was simply answering questions being fired my way, if you thought it was long winded, is that not the fault of the person asking the questions as opposed to the person answering them. I fail to see how you can vote for me that.
I'm not voting you for answering Thor's questions, as I've explained multiple times. I'm seriously running out of explanations for your failure to understand this that aren't "deliberately obtuse".

I'm voting you because you're not doing anything
besides
answering Thor's questions, and now OMGUSing me.
Thor was the instigator, he came after me off his own back, not following anybody else. He put himself in the spotlight to chase me down, I say spotlight because our discussion pretty much dominated 3 pages. As I said, you have simply followed his lead. It's more what you do that makes you look scummy, as opposed to what you do that makes you look town.
I don't see how you can reasonably think that all I'm doing here is sheeping Thor, or not putting myself in the spotlight.
'Sure' may have not been the right word to use. Obviously, I cannot be sure his intentions are good, but I feel that it is genuine scum-hunting. Of course, it would not be hard for an experienced IC to outplay a newbie like myself, but this is how I feel regarding the situation as of now. He is doing all the things I would expect a townie to do.

You have jumped on my wagon. Thor's 'tunneling a single point' certainly looked good enough for you to delve a little deeper, right? So, why does that not indicate that he is town?
I was suspicious of you for these reasons before Thor voted for you (though obviously you have only my word to take for that). However, since it was still early in the day I decided I'd give you more time to start improving your reads. Eventually I ran out of patience.

And having some "gut read" that Thor is town to explain the contradiction between your read on him and why you're not townreading me... that's not going to cut it.

TL;DR BlueBloodedToffee is just making stuff up at this point. His read on Thor makes no sense considering he's scumreading me, he's obsessing over irrelevant parts of my contribution to the thread because he can't make a case that I'm scum, and he's trying to claim that my reasons for voting him don't exist rather than actually answering them. Can we get a lynch over here?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:44 am

In post 253, Aquanim wrote:
In post 251, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: What are your own reasons for voting me, may I ask?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5839056
among other posts. My reasons for voting you are pretty clear
There's a difference between "willing to discuss town reads", which I am, and "thinking that talking about my townreads is going to help us to lynch scum today more than talking about my scumreads", which I'm not.
I'm not voting you for answering Thor's questions, as I've explained multiple times. I'm seriously running out of explanations for your failure to understand this that aren't "deliberately obtuse".

I'm voting you because you're not doing anything
besides
answering Thor's questions, and now OMGUSing me.
I don't see how you can reasonably think that all I'm doing here is sheeping Thor, or not putting myself in the spotlight.

I was suspicious of you for these reasons before Thor voted for you (though obviously you have only my word to take for that). However, since it was still early in the day I decided I'd give you more time to start improving your reads. Eventually I ran out of patience.

And having some "gut read" that Thor is town to explain the contradiction between your read on him and why you're not townreading me... that's not going to cut it.

TL;DR BlueBloodedToffee is just making stuff up at this point. His read on Thor makes no sense considering he's scumreading me, he's obsessing over irrelevant parts of my contribution to the thread because he can't make a case that I'm scum, and he's trying to claim that my reasons for voting him don't exist rather than actually answering them. Can we get a lynch over here?
Just for the record, can you be nice and succinct in why you're voting for me.

Again, you make the assumption that your town reads are just simply correct. Of course your town-reads could help lynch scum, if Player A suspects Player B of being scum, your town-read and reasoning for that read may change Player A's thinking, and vice versa. Holding back information that you have is simply not good for town. The more information, the better.

I thought we had got past this OMGUS thing. I would go after Thor if that was the case. That makes the most sense right? Scum don't usually start wagons, they jump on when they see it rolling.

Of course you're sheeping Thor, that much is pretty obvious. It's pretty easy to go after the first guy who gets a case made against him, especially from the 'big, scary IC' of all players.

I feel I have been more than clear in why I believe Thor is town. As I also stated earlier, it's not about your town game, it's what you do that makes you come across as scummy.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Aquanim »

Okay: I originally voted you because I did not think you were interested in improving your reads on other players in the game. In addition to that, I am also now voting you because I can't believe a townie can think I'm scum while thinking Thor is town for the reasons you've outlined.

I've already answered that argument about the townread thing, which I really think you'd know if you were a townie reading my posts with intent to find my alignment rather than throwing mud:
If there is a serious danger of my town-read getting lynched, I would then go to bat for them - but there would not be any need before that point.
And that would be the "changing Player A's thinking" to which you refer. If Player B can defend themselves and doesn't need my help there is no need for me to intervent.

If you're scum you're OMGUSing me instead of Thor because you know you can't lynch Thor but you think maybe you can lynch me. I have no idea why you think scum can't start a wagon.

And no, I'm not "sheeping" Thor. Sheeping Thor would imply I was following his vote blindly because he's Thor. I am doing my own critical thinking about your posts, which I've displayed abundantly. You're not even the first person who's had a case made against him (Tr1ckster, Hemp, Not_Mafia...)

And yes, you've been clear why you think Thor is town. Handwaving away the fact that all your arguments why Thor is town apply to me too by "it's not about all the things you're doing that are towny" is simply ridiculous.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:16 am

In post 255, Aquanim wrote:Okay: I originally voted you because I did not think you were interested in improving your reads on other players in the game. In addition to that, I am also now voting you because I can't believe a townie can think I'm scum while thinking Thor is town for the reasons you've outlined.

I've already answered that argument about the townread thing, which I really think you'd know if you were a townie reading my posts with intent to find my alignment rather than throwing mud:
If there is a serious danger of my town-read getting lynched, I would then go to bat for them - but there would not be any need before that point.
And that would be the "changing Player A's thinking" to which you refer. If Player B can defend themselves and doesn't need my help there is no need for me to intervent.

If you're scum you're OMGUSing me instead of Thor because
you know you can't lynch Thor
but you think maybe you can lynch me. I have no idea why you think scum can't start a wagon.

And no, I'm not "sheeping" Thor. Sheeping Thor would imply I was following his vote blindly because he's Thor. I am doing my own critical thinking about your posts, which I've displayed abundantly. You're not even the first person who's had a case made against him (Tr1ckster, Hemp, Not_Mafia...)

And yes, you've been clear why you think Thor is town. Handwaving away the fact that all your arguments why Thor is town apply to me too by "it's not about all the things you're doing that are towny" is simply ridiculous.
You're voting me because I didn't follow up on my reads. OK, got it.

I'm sorry but the bold actually made me laugh. What makes you think I can't lynch Thor? What makes you think you are more 'lynchable' than Thor? You know an IC has just as much of a chance as being scum as anyone else right? This is an example of you thinking Thor is a 'power player' for want of a better phrase, and a reason for why you're more than happy to follow him.

I'm the first 'real case' that's being presented and being pushed hard. NM was pretty much from the RVS stage, Hemp was hardly a case; poor guy couldn't understand what was going on. I forgot about Trickster, but hey the IC wants my head, jump on this wagon!

How is it ridiculous? It's your scummy acts that draw attention, just like my scummy acts have drawn your attention right? You're not focusing on me as town anymore, you have decided I am scum, and that is what you're looking for.

I think my reasons for why Thor is town and you are not are still valid as well.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Aquanim »

You do keep making baseless assertions that I'm blindly following Thor, and ignoring my points to the contrary. This is getting pointless.

And yes, I do have respect for Thor as a "power player", and I think if you tried to lynch him D1 you would fail, regardless of his alignment. Doesn't mean I'm sheeping him.

If I was 100% convinced you were scum, I wouldn't be talking to you. There's no point to trying to persuade a scum that they are scum. I've been talking to you to try to ascertain your alignment, by pointing out things you have said which were either wrong or unsubstantiated; your insistence on clinging to your claims despite that, and your unbelievable reads, are convincing me I'm wasting my time trying to persuade you of anything.

...Yeah, I'm done with this for the moment. If you're scum I'm wasting my time, and if I've made a mistake and you're town we're just shouting at one another and making noise for the scum to hide in.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Ok. Before I post, I would like to note that any thoughts that seem to be rather cut off are because if I keep going I will simply OMGUS myself into insanity.

Anyways, here's where I'm at.

The case on BBT has been fleshed out pretty thoroughly, IMO. He has been acting very scummy for the following reasons.

1. He contradicted himself when he disliked Thor's post about lynching early and then voting for Hemp.
2. He OMGUS'd Aquanim.
3. He seems to be backtracking and to have talked himself into a hole.

I think I have a weak town read on Thor for the following reasons:

1. The last game I played with him he was pretty scummy D1, but he was town.
2. He cleverly used NM's self-vote as a gambit to try and get a scum-tell from someone.

However,

1. Could simply be that he always plays this way, and
2. Could be that it wasn't meant as a trap, it was legitimately scummy play.

I don't know. Obviously this is not enough evidence to really go either way, but after reviewing the thread, I doubt he would do what he did early in the day as scum. It seems too easy. And my gut says he's town.

Things I would question about Thor, however, are the fact that BBT didn't OMGUS him, he OMGUS'd Aquanim. Is it because they're a scum team? Or maybe BBT simply doesn't believe he can get Thor lynched. That's assuming BBT is scum, of course. If BBT is town, I would question whether or not Thor was tunneling BBT knowing he was town, going for a lynch that wasn't too easy, but wasn't too hard, either.

Aquanim is a weak town read for me at the moment.

1. After seeing some of his thought processes, he seems to have a pretty good handle on what's happening and who's doing what.
2. He seems to be legitimately trying to find scum.

I don't know. I guess my read on him is more gut than anything. One thing that I'm questioning about him... It's quite possible that Thor is scum and he's following his scumbuddy as a newb scum.

Hemp and NM have been relatively scummy but give off newb town vibes. Null for both of them.

Luca hasn't really posted at all. Null for him.

Tynn hasn't really posted much at all either, but she's in a better place than Hemp, NM, and Luca. Null with a townish hue due to gut.

Madonna has BBT in her peripheral vision... in that she's noted that he's scummy among other things and has pointed out that she thinks the wagon on me is going nowhere, but has yet to unvote me. If BBT is scum I think this puts her as my next scum read, because this looks like she's trying to distance without risking having BBT lynched. If he's town it might be her scared to vote for him because she doesn't want to be on the wagon for a town lynch. I don't like this much at all. Weak scum read for her.

BBT has contradicted himself and done several scummy things (it's even possible I've missed some things.)

Moderate scum read for him.

Alright. On to the questions:

@Thor and Aquanim
I don't think this argument with BBT isn't really going very far. Right now it seems to be merely filling up the thread. Would you consider scumhunting elsewhere? I think right now most of town is looking at your interactions with him as tunneling and that might be why they aren't voting for him. I would vote for him now, but I'm not ok with a lynch this early in the game. It would be good, I think, to place pressure elsewhere and then come back to him at day end with a solid case and better reads on everyone else. Because I don't know about you, but my reads are pretty null right now, and tunneling BBT isn't helping that. Just asking!

@Madonna
Please respond to my case on you. Be sure to explain why you noted BBT was scummy and that my wagon wasn't going anywhere and still refused to change your read on me. Then I'd like a reads list, please.

@BBT
If you're truly town, please begin a scumhunt. Your observations are not really getting us very far.

@Tynn and Luca
Please update us on what you think of the current situation.

@Hemp and NM
Definitely want an update on the situation from both of you.

I'd like it if everyone put a vote on one of their null reads right now and try to get information out of them. Null reads who don't respond to pressure become slight scum reads. I don't want to go into D2 with a scum lynch and little to no reads elsewhere.

UNVOTE: Madonna
VOTE: Luca
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 252, Thor665 wrote:
In post 231, Not_Mafia wrote:And I have explained my behaviour, whereas at the time of BBT's vote Hemp hadn't and arguably still really hasn't, so I don't agree.
At the time of my vote and his complaint about my vote you hadn't - thus defeating this whole stance unless I'm missing something.
I'm talking about his Hemp vote
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 252, Thor665 wrote:
And that isn't true either, I explained myself in #72, BBT complained about your vote on me in #83.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
tynn
tynn
Townie
tynn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:49 am

Post by tynn »

In post 189, Aquanim wrote:Which part of post 11 are you talking about? I wouldn't describe his play as "very active" at this point, though he's hardly a lurker either.
I think I was referring to the part 'have a mixture of post lengths though, depends what I am posting about'.

In post 191, Thor665 wrote:I find Not_Mafia's contribution to be weak at this stage, but superior by a solid margin to Hemp's - you didn't find a playstyle shift from him after he took off his self vote?
He did start participating more after he took off his self vote - but only with a small margin.

In post 258, Tr1ckster wrote:@Tynn and Luca Please update us on what you think of the current situation.
I'll get back to you about the current situation. Need to do another read through tomorrow so I don't miss anything.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 258, Tr1ckster wrote: ...
@Thor and Aquanim
I don't think this argument with BBT isn't really going very far. Right now it seems to be merely filling up the thread. Would you consider scumhunting elsewhere?
Fair enough. There hasn't been much of anyone else active in the thread for me to talk to for the last day or two.

In case it gets lost in the last couple of pages, I have a question I'd like Madonna to answer here.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

@Luca your lack of posts has been.. err.. interesting.

Please let us know where you are in the thread and your position so far.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In any case, there's not a whole lot to be done with Tynn, Not_Mafia, Hemp and Luca until they've caught up with the thread, as you say... which won't be helped by further pages of argument on my part.

I'll not be moving my vote for now.

@Trickster
: How much does it bother you that a large proportion of Thor's contribution to the thread at this time is pressuring BlueBloodedToffee over a single point?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 264, Aquanim wrote:In any case, there's not a whole lot to be done with Tynn, Not_Mafia, Hemp and Luca until they've caught up with the thread, as you say... which won't be helped by further pages of argument on my part.

I'll not be moving my vote for now.

@Trickster
: How much does it bother you that a large proportion of Thor's contribution to the thread at this time is pressuring BlueBloodedToffee over a single point?
Yeah. You're right. My vote on Luca is useless atm. >.<

Madonna, I would like an explanation.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Madonna

As to Thor, I don't like his tunneling very much at all. However, he did something similar last time I played with him, too, and he was town. That can be easily discounted by the fact that it was one game and he might be counting on that fact... but due to the fact that I'm currently reading his ploy with NM's self-vote as an attempt to catch scum, I think I'll keep a slight town-read on him.

However, it should be noted that his play this game can easily be seen either way and my read on him is probably the shakiest of them all.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Trickster - No, I want to get him lynched, you should sheep me.
In post 259, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm talking about his Hemp vote
I understand - I'm talking about the comparison.
In post 260, Not_Mafia wrote:And that isn't true either, I explained myself in #72, BBT complained about your vote on me in #83.
That doesn't change when I voted you, nor his stated reasons for why he thought the vote was bad - unless you think he was holding me accountable for things said afterwards (which is impossible, because then my vote would be an L-2, and should be even more in line with him being fine with it.
In post 261, tynn wrote:
In post 191, Thor665 wrote:I find Not_Mafia's contribution to be weak at this stage, but superior by a solid margin to Hemp's - you didn't find a playstyle shift from him after he took off his self vote?
He did start participating more after he took off his self vote - but only with a small margin.
Please compare/contrast his play to Hemp's in your opinion.
In post 265, Tr1ckster wrote:As to Thor, I don't like his tunneling very much at all. However, he did something similar last time I played with him, too, and he was town. That can be easily discounted by the fact that it was one game and he might be counting on that fact... but due to the fact that I'm currently reading his ploy with NM's self-vote as an attempt to catch scum, I think I'll keep a slight town-read on him.

However, it should be noted that his play this game can easily be seen either way and my read on him is probably the shakiest of them all.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... arently.29

Also - since when is what I'm doing tunneling? I feel like you're complainging that people can't focus and are mistaking focus for tunneling - please define how you understand tunneling. Because unless it contains the phrase "to the exclusion of all else" then I think you have a bad definition. And if it does contain that, then I'm curious how you think I'm doing it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't think that BBT was pushing for an early lynch though, which is what he called you out on. I understand that you think BBT exhibited behaviour he called you out on, however I don't agree. I don't like the appeasement that has followed or the backpedal, however I can see that coming from a frustrated newbie who isn't feeling that he's being heard properly, which is what I think is happening here.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

My issue is - I can fully understand him having an issue and being scared about someone going to L-1. That makes sense to me and though I find it a silly fear I understand it is highly normal for a Newbie to have it.

That said...

It is pretty unusual for those newbies to then be all like, well, now I'mma wagon this other guy...L-2!

He should either be nervous of a lynch, or he shouldn't, and if he's nervous about people being close to lynch to the point he needs to call it out and suggest someone is scummy (oh, sorry 'dislikeable) when they do it...and then wants to also put someone at L-2 and act like that's pro-town? Something doesn't seem to add up there.

It's especially compounded because the case on both of you is practically identical.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

Thank you for that wonderful piece of WIFOM.
Also - since when is what I'm doing tunneling? I feel like you're complainging that people can't focus and are mistaking focus for tunneling - please define how you understand tunneling. Because unless it contains the phrase "to the exclusion of all else" then I think you have a bad definition. And if it does contain that, then I'm curious how you think I'm doing it.
Ok. Let's make it a little more clear.

Replace "tunnel" with "obsession over a single incident that may or may not be important"
In post 267, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't think that BBT was pushing for an early lynch though, which is what he called you out on. I understand that you think BBT exhibited behaviour he called you out on, however I don't agree. I don't like the appeasement that has followed or the backpedal, however I can see that coming from a frustrated newbie who isn't feeling that he's being heard properly, which is what I think is happening here.
Do you still think Hemp is scum? Why? Who do you think is scum? Explain.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm torn on Hemp currently as I stated above, I don't know if he's newb town or scum. My read won't evolve on him until he posts and I don't really want to move my vote off him.

Madonna I am still finding hard to read, I can see them as scum. Thor is looking townier to me the more he elaborates on the BBT situation. Basically, i have townreads but I don't really have any proper scum reads at this juncture.

@ Thor

I get what you're saying, however I can easily see a reasonable distinction between how you jumped on my wagon and how he jumped on Hemp, please bare in mind stuff this accompanied your vote and it was your entrance in to the game
In post 57, Thor665 wrote: That was the best vote of the game so far.

Well...besides the sloppy hammer that will happen from some overeager newb - then that will be the best vote.
I think it's more a style issue he has than a black and white L-1/L-2 thing. I do see hypocrisy as scummy, however your case is house of cards and I don't agree with the original premise.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@Not_Mafia
: Do you have any comments to make on my reasons why BBT is likely scum, as opposed to Thor's reasons?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I haven't really gotten an impression that he's trying to look town, if there's any particularly egregious cases of this in his ISO please do highlight them cos I can come round on it. What I don't like moreso is his OMGUSy read on you

.I want to ask BBT a couple of questions.

What do you think of my comments on you vs. Thor?
Nicely and concisely, why are you scumreading Aquanim?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 272, Not_Mafia wrote:I haven't really gotten an impression that he's trying to look town, if there's any particularly egregious cases of this in his ISO please do highlight them cos I can come round on it. What I don't like moreso is his OMGUSy read on you
I don't have a slam-dunk argument for you on that score. His listpost of reads is the closest I can come to an "egregrious case" of this; I got the impression that they were posted for the sake of having posted some reads and seeming to contribute, rather than being intended to pressure scum or to make other people bring interesting information into the thread. That's an opinion from me - take it or leave it.

To phrase it differently, I would classify BBT's play this game as being very reactive, rather than proactive in finding scum. Now, that's partially understandable since Thor and I have been hammering on him and demanding reactions to our questions.
However
, I think his tendency to reactivity extends beyond what is explainable by that. (Another opinion.) His posts were almost purely reactive during the time before he was pressured, for what that's worth.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:21 pm

In post 272, Not_Mafia wrote:I haven't really gotten an impression that he's trying to look town, if there's any particularly egregious cases of this in his ISO please do highlight them cos I can come round on it. What I don't like moreso is his OMGUSy read on you

.I want to ask BBT a couple of questions.

What do you think of my comments on you vs. Thor?
Nicely and concisely, why are you scumreading Aquanim?
I'm not really sure what to make of it. I don't know if you feel obligated to defend me as I was first person to take a vote off you or if you just simply understand what I'm trying to say, even though it seems I'm doing it pretty badly. To be honest, I'm just glad one person understands where I was coming from, it's a hard game when you're on the back foot from the beginning.

I'm scum-reading Aquanim because;

*I'm skeptical of the first person to jump on a wagon, especially an IC driven wagon - seems the safest place for scum to jump on
*I thought, and Aquanim confirmed, that he views Thor as a 'power player' and wanted to get onto his good side asap. A great place for scum to start the game
*His analysis of my posts was weak - I don't know how he could analyze my posts because as he said himself, I haven't done anything other than try to defend myself against Thor - so that seemed a pointless exercise and something he did just so that he could justify his own vote
*He stated his reason as voting for me because 'I had done nothing to improve my reads'. Again, this is pretty weak. At least I tried to provide some early reads just to give some information and maybe start a discussion or two. Just because I did not feel obligated to follow up on these reads immediately he believes he can use this as a reason to vote for me as well.

Basically, it just comes across as scum looking for any/weak reasons to jump on the IC driven wagon and vote for me.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”