TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:06 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

So you're either his partner or misreading him?
What are the reasons for scumreading me?
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 am

Post by talah »

Holy shit TIP, that looks an awful lot like your cult meta.
Why do you assume that I would be newbscum in this game?

@Reck - do you remember Hip Hop Mafia and how I said in the scum QT that I attacked you because I *knew* you wouldn't be lynched? TIP is acting to my scum meta, what do you think about that?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 428, Oversoul wrote:
In post 357, qwints wrote:Oversoul, I didn't like your response to Aronis voting you. It felt forced.
What was my reaction? I never responded to him.
Qwints, answer this and address my concerns to you in my most recent large post.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 543, PeregrineV wrote:considering my recent reread of ActionDan, when I read you your first real post is a sheep of his vote, and your wall finds his rap posting "town". By your own admission of half-assed town-reads, why, of all people, is ActionDan "sheepable"?
I'm fairly certain AD's rapping had more to do with a game that ended recently (some Touhou game?). I found his entrance here rather jovial and loose.

As far as me sheeping him, I was actually planning on voting Oversoul (I don't remember the reason off the top of my head) before I lost interest based on his interactions with Farside. Mnem looked like a fine wagon for me at the time and there wasn't really much thought put into it.

Regarding you not being able to read me yet, I'm pretty sure I've created more content with just three posts than half this playerslist. So don't blame your shit on me not posting enough content.

Also, I like the changes you've made to your play-style.
In post 547, talah wrote:Just as an afterthought too, it might be a really good idea if we all give indications of who we're prepared to see lynched today, idunno, maybe a list of 3 or more each. That way we can discuss candidates in enough time to get some kind of consensus happening, and have a reasonable idea of potential failovers in the case of claims. The OP states that this game has a decent amount of PRs iirc.

I'm not getting to it tonight because I'm being a lazy fuck, but will commit the time tomorrow night.
1. Papa Zito
2. You
3. Venmar

1. Mnem
2. Aronis
Some other lurker not named me
DeltaWave
4. Venmar

*Venmar's just on this list based on policy (and I needed a third lynch candidate). I don't really know how to read him.
In post 552, AGar wrote:I'm not lynching Zito today. Just throwing that out there.
Welp, don't know what to tell you then.
In post 565, Juls wrote:So far all I have seen from talah are: useless lines of questioning, meta discussions, and lurker hunting.
Don't forget the part where she's picking me out from the group to buddy her read on.
In post 565, Juls wrote:Then he posts Post 423. Yeah that's not massive in any shape-form-or-fashion. Also, there is nothing there in terms of scum reads. Lots of town reads though on "everyone posting content". Wow. This post oozes scum points.
It depends on your definition of massive. And he does create a larger one about two posts later.

As far as this 'lots of townreads' goes, people on this site typically associate towniness with whatever looks like scumhunting. And seeing as how only a small handful of players have actually been around to do stuff up to this point, can you really blame the guy for not having enough scumreads? And to me, it does look like he's trying to rile some players up and find answers to his concerns.
In post 575, qwints wrote:I agree with KK in seeing this as a chainsaw defense of Aronis.
I might be inclined to agree if KK doesn't seem to be so wrong about why Aronis was voting him in the first place.

Also, Muffin still looks town to me.
In post 575, qwints wrote:AGar and Bulbazak notice it, but don't pursue it. Since the dialogue between KK and zMuffinMan was ongoing, this makes sense from town players.
Maybe.
In post 581, PeregrineV wrote:The fact I don't have any strong scumreads right now means scum is in the lurkers
Highly probable.
In post 603, Bulbazak wrote:I don't normally equate 3rd party play with scum play. Why do you?
Wasn't the cult technically the scum faction that game? I think in a vacuum with the lack of another faction, it's the same as scum-play.
In post 607, KingdomAces wrote:Zito I still am getting gut negatives from. As he proved I really can't say all that much more than that, but of the people who have been actively posting he seems more like scum than the rest, so if you don't want to lurker lynch, then I'd have to say this is the only lynch I'd be comfortable with.
Why are you getting gut negatives from Zito?
In post 617, zMuffinMan wrote:i mean this game is basically a scum team's wet dream.
I actually wanted to roll scum in this set-up. Zoraster's RNG broke my heart.

*Muffin looks good in his exchanges with Bulba. Bulba does not.
In post 627, zMuffinMan wrote:i have trouble following the logic leaps you're making about what i have said when what i have said seems pretty black and white
Your read on Aronis is actually pretty grey. But you explicitly state so. Several times.
In post 638, TheIrishPope wrote:"Everyone who scumreads me is scum waaaaaah"
Except me.

/Post 645
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Juls »

To whoever asked me if I equate Cult (third party) with Mafia, the answer is no. However, in the game TIP posted there was no mafia, only cult and town. So in that instance, yes, I do equate them.

talah, feel free to wait until you get your answer but after you do, please tell me how the question below helps advance the game:
In post 676, talah wrote: Why do you assume that I would be newbscum in this game?
This has been a huge part of my problem with you. Asking questions that do not advance anyone's scum reads. Also, the things you call "scummy" are 1) people who think you are scum, 2) lurkers, and 3) people you have seen growing interest in. To me that is simply a lack of ability to formulate a case. And I equate the failure to develop a case to being scummy. Either that or you are terrible at taking criticism. Do me a favor, please link me the game you think you best played as scum and the game you think you best played as town.
-------------------------------------
Juls
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 am

Post by qwints »

In post 677, Oversoul wrote: Qwints, answer this and address my concerns to you in my most recent large post.
Maybe if you ask nicely.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:54 am

Post by talah »

Our join dates are not too far off. We only played together, briefly, in my very first game. TIP should not know anything about my meta, let alone be assuming I'm newbscum (and using that as an argument). So it feels to me like he's got access to information that he wouldn't otherwise have, unless he had researched me, or is being fed information from someone in the scumteam who knows that I actually have only one (significant) scumgame out of about 10 or so completed games.

Generally when I'm called on meta I spam the thread with self-meta bullshit which hasn't really been helpful in the past, so I'm suspicious of his reasons of calling me newbscum because it'd be highly likely that I would do that again.

Does it feel to you like this would be me playing as newbscum?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 675, TheIrishPope wrote: What are the reasons for scumreading me?
You came in early game with scumreads based on crap reasoning and then just sat on them and coasted. I could maybe see the first coming from town TIP, but I'd then expect to see you interacting with the game more and to see your reads evolving. They're not, and you're coasting on your earlier posts. That's indicative of TIP-scum.
In post 678, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 603, Bulbazak wrote:I don't normally equate 3rd party play with scum play. Why do you?
Wasn't the cult technically the scum faction that game? I think in a vacuum with the lack of another faction, it's the same as scum-play.
I wouldn't know. I didn't read that game. I just thought it was strange that people were using meta from TIP as 3rd party to call Talah scum.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:07 am

Post by talah »

Oh and this is going to irritate the shit out of you, but you can do your own fucking meta research if you want to meta per-se since I don't intend to go down that path this game. The scum game was hip Hop Mafia which I've mentioned numerous times, I played as Schillinger (alt). Mini Theme I think.

Also I find it really weird that you think you have a really strong correct scumread on me when you know literally nothing of my play, whereas players who I've played with before have practically no concerns about me. That's part of the reason I'm happy to dispense advice - you're not looking at the big picture, and it looks like you feel like you need to have *really strong reads* to come across as town. And that's wrong Day 1 especially.

ed: ^@Juls
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah, no. I'm not voting for Reck today.

Seriously, if people don't want to see that TIP is scummy as it gets, lynch me so I don't have to continue on in this game because it's maddening as fuck to see him so blatantly scummy and this feels like a repeat of uPick of Ice and Fire where the town fucking derped an easy win away with really stupid plays.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'll look at the tip vs talah tomorrow.

Question to anyone reading this: do you have a town read on tip or talah? If so which one and why?

In the back of my mind I'm seeing talah more town the tip, but it's just posting of his thoughts and such. I don't see talah acusong every player who finds him scummy as scum. Tip on the other hand, if I recall correctly, is just pushing a case he made from the start and sitting there almost want to saying goading talah is my impression.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Venmar »

hrmrmmmm

yeah my talah vote isnt moving

lynch it plox
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 685, farside22 wrote:Question to anyone reading this: do you have a town read on tip or talah? If so which one and why?
Talah. Partially gut, partially getting a solid ping of "Oh fuck this" out of frustration from him, and partially due to the multiple contrived attacks on him.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I am probably inclined to lynch tip at this point on the grounds that I think talah is town.

I reread Venmar and he is pretty scummy apart from the post about the Oversoul townread that I always liked.

meh.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 685, farside22 wrote: Question to anyone reading this: do you have a town read on tip or talah? If so which one and why?
I'm townreading Talah. I replaced into his slot when he was town, so I recognize his town game. This is about as obv. town as Talah gets.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 501, zMuffinMan wrote:
kublai khan wrote:1) Wait, how the hell do you have a scum-read on me? I've barely posted anything in this game.
correct
So.. why?
In post 501, zMuffinMan wrote:
kublai khan wrote:2) It's more than just "forgetting" he was voting Oversoul. When called on it, he unvoted Oversoul and at no point did he throw a vote at me. I understand why you conclude that it's derp, but it's not town-derp.
then walk me through the scum motivation here
"Hey! That lurking guy did a naked vote! Let me jump on it and call him scummy! Oh, shit. I forgot I was pretending to think Oversoul was scum. Bail out!".

Are you seriously saying you don't see this sort of scum-derp happening?
In post 503, zMuffinMan wrote:
kublai khan wrote:It's more than just "forgetting" he was voting Oversoul
also, if it was actually more than this (ignoring the fact that you voted him before he got "called on it"), why didn't you talk about it in 493? because this kinda just looks like you're adding whatever you can think of as an afterthought now
Because the first thing was pretty scummy by itself and I didn't need the second thing? I didn't realize you were going to move the goalposts then accuse of trying too hard to get a lynch.
In post 521, Brian Skies wrote:I was confused because as I was reading through the thread, I had no idea what you guys were talking about (and I wasn't in the mood to go back to figure it out).

But what he's accusing you of doing and what he actually did are two different things. Or that's how I see it.

Why did you vote Oversoul?
Are you Aronis' press secretary? Why are mentioning you know the processes of his mind, then not explain anything?

I voted Oversoul to fish for reactions and to force myself to actually play this game. This game is pretty overwhelming and cases/wagons have either been overly thick and meta filled that it's too much effort to follows them or so wafer thin that they are unappetizing. Had to blaze my own path.
In post 575, qwints wrote:(KK"s 500 complaint about scrutiny is truly awful.)
If zMuffinMan is going to ignore anything I point out because of a strong confirmation bias based on less than five posts, then it needs to be addressed. Asking why a scum-read on me exists is a perfectly reasonable question.

I think Bulbazak is jumping to hasty conclusions because he isn't bothering to explore this.

----
In post 593, DeathNote wrote:I am pretty good at catching bullets.
Hmm. ^ Needs a bullet.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 690, Kublai Khan wrote: I think Bulbazak is jumping to hasty conclusions because he isn't bothering to explore this.
What am I not exploring?

Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

[Just wanted to say that I've been working on a long post the past two days in small chunks as I've had time; it's been busy lately for me. Apologies. I should have it up the 24th, whether that be today or tomorrow in your time zone, haha.]
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

To whoever asked me to explain a gut read, when I say gut, it usually means that I don't actually know the reason myself. If I did, then I would have stated it already.

Of TIP and Talah, my townread on Talah is stronger. I still do think that TIP is town though.

I don't know about Reck's activity on the rest of the site, but I do know that he replaced out of the haunted mansion game currently going on in mish mash due to being overburdened before he mentioned anything about his activity here. Because of that, I highly doubt the inactivity is fake. I do agree that he needs to post more, but I wouldn't be so quick to call him scum for it.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

too tired to catch up will do so soon
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kublai khan wrote:Are you seriously saying you don't see this sort of scum-derp happening?
i could potentially see that but that's not what i asked about. you said it was more than that, you said it was also that he got called on it, and unvoted oversoul and didn't vote you. i asked you to explain the scum motivation here
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kublai khan wrote:So.. why?
because i think you're scum and nothing you've said looks town. it's not just a lack of posting, it's the lack of anything remotely town looking when you do actually post. i mean. quite literally the only memorable thing you've done today is attack aronis for derping... and post nothing else particularly interesting or insightful or anything that looks like you're trying to figure out the game
kublai khan wrote:Because the first thing was pretty scummy by itself and I didn't need the second thing? I didn't realize you were going to move the goalposts then accuse of trying too hard to get a lynch
moving what goalposts?

the conversation thus far has literally gone like this:

you: i think aronis is scum for X
me: i see X, it's derp, it could be scum or town derp
you: it's more than that, also Y
me: what is the scum motivation for Y?
me: why didn't you mention Y before if you think that's scummy?
you: this is the scum motivation for X
you: i didn't think i needed to mention Y. stop moving the goalposts.

????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

brian wrote:Your read on Aronis is actually pretty grey
it is black and white that my read is grey

grey is what's black and white

but there is no grey about my read being grey and people (mostly bulba) seem to think my read is either black or white when it's not
farside wrote:In the back of my mind I'm seeing talah more town the tip, but it's just posting of his thoughts and such. I don't see talah acusong every player who finds him scummy as scum. Tip on the other hand, if I recall correctly, is just pushing a case he made from the start and sitting there almost want to saying goading talah is my impression.
that is basically as i am seeing it, except i dunno whether tip is scum or just thinks he's right for some reason
True Ogre
True Ogre
Goon
True Ogre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by True Ogre »

That's my sliver of doubt. I don't think TIP will be lynched today. Happy to vote KK.
True Ogre WINS!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by talah »

In post 698, True Ogre wrote:That's my sliver of doubt. I don't think TIP will be lynched today. Happy to vote KK.
Okay I feel like a dickhead. But that was me posting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”