Mewbie 1493~ Game Ovah

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 423, Josh_B wrote:
In post 422, goodmorning wrote:
Mmmmm, calling someone a "fucking moron" is always uncalled for, especially in a game. Lighten up.
My philosophy on this game is that it's a game and much more enjoyable for everyone if we can all be nice to one another. That said, you're being really judge-y and that makes me sad.
judge-y? Really? What game are you playing? and doesn't that contradict your previous statements concerning ILF's NKA?
She's judging me for calling you a fucking moron. It has nothing to do with anything other than that.

I'm not even being kuribo here.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:07 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

@GM: I thought I had been posting my opinions.

I'm being "judge-y" while you call someone a "fucking moron" instead of responding to a point? Jeez, this is just like real life; I say something completely innocuous or I defend someone and suddenly a hurricane of drama ensues.

@Josh: What is this conversation?
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 am

Post by goodmorning »

Because the "point" had nothing to do with anything that had
actually happened.
There's no way to "respond" to something someone pulled out of his ass.
saturnine
saturnine
Townie
saturnine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am

Post by saturnine »

GM: OK, I believe that you weren't softclaiming. I was unfamiliar with this particular aspect of meta. I'd love to hear an elaboration of your read when it won't get you modkilled, though. Even after this game is over, if necessary.

N_M: That post of yours that I pointed out? Yeah, it still makes no sense to me, except as a pun so bad that I don't even get it. If you didn't think GM was softclaiming, why would you make that post? Don't say "argument about semantics", that describes a looooot of posts in this game, scummy and otherwise.

I, too, am really interested in the "conversation" Josh is hinting at, especially since it seems IKD doesn't know what he's talking about. I have some thoughts about what might be going on, but would like to hear Josh's explanation first.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:37 am

Post by goodmorning »

That seems to be the plan.

I wouldn't bother about NotMaf, he seems to be the type who's pretty good at deflecting suspicion, unless I miss my guess.
saturnine
saturnine
Townie
saturnine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 am

Post by saturnine »

Is that a reason to not bother? Why? :/
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

In post 426, I Love Fairies wrote:I say something completely innocuous or I defend someone and suddenly a hurricane of drama ensues.
This is indeed how the game works.
In post 429, goodmorning wrote:I wouldn't bother about NotMaf, he seems to be the type who's pretty good at deflecting suspicion, unless I miss my guess.
I don't understand this either. If someone's "good at deflecting suspicion", shouldn't we be piling more onto him?
Good as gold. (i.e. totally useless until hammered into shape)
I'm an alt. Of who is the secret.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Josh_B »

The conversation: IKD are you are you a cop or Jailer?

The matrix indicates that there is are two possible games where the chances of hitting a town power role are 1/7 instead of 2/7. With my hard claim the possible targets were reduced to 2/6 OR 1/6. But IKD never included the 2/6 possibility, which indicated to me that he as a power role from a 1/7 game. No one has claimed a PR yet and I'm not sure they should. Power Roles really haven't been brought up yet -Except for Not_M suggesting that GM could be a Tracker(trackers follow their target).

I'm seeing that Not_M is either suggesting that he has a power role which is either Doctor or 1xbulletproof or he's scum. In all newbie games, the scum teams know that they have either 2 goons or 1 goon and a role blocker. Despite which game is actually chosen, the Mafia, know that if they have a role blocker, there is a 2/6 chance of hitting a power role. If they have 2 goons, there is Jailkeeper, OR a Cop, OR a Tracker WITH Doctor or 1xBulletproof.

I haven't been having that conversation and I wanted to wait on the conversation because NO ONE has exactly claimed to have received any information from their night actions. AND no matter what PR's there are or aren't, I'd rather keep them a secret than out them before they have a chance to produce any information.

BUT, the burning question that I want everyone to think about, IS IT POSSIBLE that NotM is a town Power Role that has a Tracker counterpart? Because if he is, This Conversation just burned a town PR. and I'm sorry that I had it.

When I asked IKD to postpone the conversation, I was worried that he was going to CC me on a claim that I didn't have and I didn't want to suggest that he had a Power Role without having a chance to use it. When he agreed to postpone the convo instead of pressing it. I gave him a town read and thought that he had a 1/7 PR for certain.
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Mr Glidder »

Holy moly.

Let me get this straight. Because of IKD's , wherein he stated that the Mafia's chances of killing a PR had been increased from "1/7" to "1/6", you believe that he has a PR in setup 1 (JK only) or B (Cop only) due to ommiting the possibility of "2/7" and "2/6". Because you suspect this, you outright demand him to claim (for lack of a better term).

That is so anti-town I don't even think I can say it's scummy, because even scum should know to not be this blatant about rolefishing. Of course that's WIFOM so argh.
In post 432, Josh_B wrote:AND no matter what PR's there are or aren't, I'd rather keep them a secret than out them before they have a chance to produce any information.
The fact that you made that post kinda says otherwise.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by goodmorning »

"Too scummy to be Scum" is fallacious.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

There is a difference between anti-town and scummy.

That said, I can think of at least one scenario where Josh's actions are decidedly town, but it's also risky as hell. We'll see what happens.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Mr Glidder »

In post 434, goodmorning wrote:"Too scummy to be Scum" is fallacious.
I'm still hung up on his gamestart VT claim, to be honest. I can't convince myself that it came from scum and that's really stilting my attempts to read him.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Josh - Ahhh, I remember now. - I had forgotten about that exchange.
Josh wrote:BUT, the burning question that I want everyone to think about, IS IT POSSIBLE that NotM is a town Power Role that has a Tracker counterpart? Because if he is, This Conversation just burned a town PR. and I'm sorry that I had it.
At this point, any of setups in the table are possible, so sure it's possible that NotM is a PR alongside a tracker. It is also possible that he is a VT. It is also possible that he's a pro-scum role. Ultimately, we have no way of knowing that right now, and speculation is not very helpful to anyone other than scum.

I'm not sure what your obsession with role claiming and figuring out roles is, but it is not pro town. That is not to say it's necessarily scummy (though it may well be), but it is at the very least anti town, as others have pointed out. Regarding your question about whether or not I am cop or jailer, I will refrain from providing an answer either way. If I am VT and say as much, they will know to look elsewhere for PRs. If I am VT and say I'm a PR, we've already had enough discussion about why that's bad. If I am a PR and say I'm VT (in an effort not to be NKed), that makes me unable to claim later on should the need arise. If I'm a PR and say so, they know who to NK next. Any answer is bad regardless of my actual role, so I will not answer.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 433, Mr Glidder wrote:Holy moly.

Let me get this straight. Because of IKD's , wherein he stated that the Mafia's chances of killing a PR had been increased from "1/7" to "1/6", you believe that he has a PR in setup 1 (JK only) or B (Cop only) due to ommiting the possibility of "2/7" and "2/6". Because you suspect this, you outright demand him to claim (for lack of a better term).

That is so anti-town I don't even think I can say it's scummy, because even scum should know to not be this blatant about rolefishing. Of course that's WIFOM so argh.
In post 432, Josh_B wrote:AND no matter what PR's there are or aren't, I'd rather keep them a secret than out them before they have a chance to produce any information.
The fact that you made that post kinda says otherwise.
Nope, but that was the conversation. I really hoped it would work itself out. But... If someone has a role that would indicate there is no Tracker, We should lynch NotM, and I explained why.

But for now, I'm still saying GM.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh dear. What have I wrought? I have played with GM before and one of the other players started scumreading her for "reasons they could not say" which turned out to be ongoing meta, GM ended up being town in both of their games and that person ended up readflipping and it looked really bad, almost getting them lynched, our conversation was me trying to hint for her not to do the same in reverse.

However, this baseless slew of rolefishing that has been born from it might make me readflip on Josh
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

With Seven Alive.. It takes Four to Lynch

Voting:

*I Love Fairies - Mr Glidder [1]
*saturnine -
*Josh_B -
*Mr Glidder - Not_Mafia [1]
*imkingdavid -
*Not_Mafia -
*goodmorning - Josh_B, I Love Fairies [2]

Not Voting:
saturnine, goodmorning, imkingdavid [3]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mew Count DownsDay 2 ends in.. (expired on 2014-05-07 22:40:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by Malakittens »

For future reference. If we could avoid using a spoiler inside of a quote (and then closing inside of a quote) that would be grand. It's what was messing up the codes in Josh's 400.

(If you are going to use a spoiler in a quote do
Spoiler:
roar
to avoid messing up sidebar~)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 439, Not_Mafia wrote:Oh dear. What have I wrought? I have played with GM before and one of the other players started scumreading her for "reasons they could not say" which turned out to be ongoing meta, GM ended up being town in both of their games and that person ended up readflipping and it looked really bad, almost getting them lynched, our conversation was me trying to hint for her not to do the same in reverse.

However, this baseless slew of rolefishing that has been born from it might make me readflip on Josh
Which game was that again?

And it's not something I do unless I'm pretty sure.
saturnine
saturnine
Townie
saturnine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:22 am

Post by saturnine »

Josh: That response was... not what I expected and pretty antitown. Wow.

Backing off from the rolefishing debacle, it's not doing any good. It's Sunday and I have time to actually get a bird's eye view of this mess instead of just responding to whatever jumps out at me. I'll start by getting to a place with a more stable internet connection and ISO some dudes.
saturnine
saturnine
Townie
saturnine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:25 am

Post by saturnine »

ISOs in no particular order:

ILF: Still obvtown to me. Yeah, she seems a bit insecure, but that's getting better and wasn't alignment-indicative anyway as far as I'm concerned. How people can read ILF as scum and Josh as town is just a mystery to me, as he has all the same obvious markers of inexperience as well as, y'know,
actually doing antitown things
. (I'll come back to Josh later.) I might be missing something concerning ILF, but unless anyone manages to convince me otherwise, she's town to me.

GM: Seems to be tunneling a bit on ILF. I don't necessarily think that's scummy, though - I'm actually relieved to see her get personally involved in a discussion. Still null to me, but a bit more town-leaning than before.

N_M: I may have let this guy off a bit easy. He started by making a random vote without reading the thread and basically explained it with "lol, oops". After that he's been posting quite a bit of fluff, as well as what I still think of as rolefishing. I think I was just so happy to have a posting replacement for phok that I was blinded to his scumminess. Leans strongly scum for me.

M_G: Has posted quite a bit of good content since he replaced in. I strongly disagree with his case against ILF, but that doesn't mean he's scum. He's a bit of a strange case though - how much should I take his predecessors into account when reading him? I think I'll go with null for now.

IKD: His recent posts have made me reconsider my previous scum-leaning read. A lot of content, responsive to questions. Nullish.

Josh_B: Oh boy. One word to describe his playstyle: blatant. Yes, there is a difference between anti-town and scummy, but exactly where does that line go? Reading all Josh's posts I find him guilty of blatant sheeping, blatant self-contradiction, blatant rolefishing, buddying, assuming alignments, misrepresenting, horrible leaps of logic, IIoA and general theatrical distractions. The early VT claim and the mafioso NK is entirely consistent with this: blatant lying, blatant vengeance. Now, on a gut level his tone still seems town to me, but the question is: how much emphasis should we put on gut and tone? Shouldn't the actual semantic content of posts matter at least as much? I can't help but think Josh might be using the lack of earlier games to play the village idiot. He's certainly getting away with things no other player in this game would have gotten away with. I can't believe I'm saying this, but when I re-read Josh's posts in isolation and force myself to consider what he's actually doing with them, he seems pretty scummy to me.
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

Screw it I can't let one post shape my whole read on someone.

Vote: Josh_B

Are most early-game VT claims town? Yes. How are the rest of his posts? Convoluted water-muddying tirades. It's too much to ignore.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:10 am

Post by goodmorning »

A NotMaf wagon is actually not the worst idea ever.

Vote: NotMaf

More on this a bit later.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Thinking in the realm of [Mr. Glidder, Josh, ILF] but I have my issues with all the possible teams in there too. I'm leaning a Josh lynch today as I'm thinking more and more that early VT claim was to fake "lol noob town" and also I'm apprehensive of his tunneling in LYLO, which I know from first hand experience is not good (I have almost lost town games doing it myself).

About my behaviour, I will say this now instead of when I am run up to L-1 and save everyone some time. I mistakenly took something GM said early game for a crumb, in our other game she did something similar, as my slot was under suspicion when I subbed in I tried to signal to her I had noticed the 'crumb' so as for her not to waste what I thought as her power on me. She wasn't responding to my hints so I started making them less and less subtle, eventually I realised that she wasn't picking up on them because she hadn't actually crumbed anything and by that time it had gotten to the point where it looked like I was rolefishing in thin air and that I had dun' goofed
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:34 am

Post by goodmorning »

oh god that post tho

Vote: ILF
saturnine
saturnine
Townie
saturnine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:46 am

Post by saturnine »

Why does that convince you? Not saying it was a scummy post in itself or anything, just doesn't seem like enough to change anyone's opinion about a possible wagon.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”