FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:29 am

Post by FourteenPointFive »

In post 1898, goodmorning wrote: It's stupid because he's Town. All the other votes on his wagon are stupid too, but as I wasn't around for them...

I have almost 30 hours in which to read up and make a vote that's more serious (or more of a compromise, depending), but your rather presumptive reaction to my vote on you is not particularly comforting; I shall certainly be looking at you rather closely in future.
TROLOLOLOL Scum-cliche #14: I'm gonna look at you more closely.

But seriously, of the players who's voting your townread, you go with a vote on a lynch that is probably not viable, when Zednek has 4 votes on him already. Even if you went and voted anyone else I still would have called you out on the bullshit. We have only 48 hours to give the night shift some viable options to lynch. Once our time hits zero that's it. If your vote is in an unhelpful place it stays there. I don't see you arguing that a 14.5 lynch is a viable one that is going to net scum. I see you just placing down a vote for the sake of placing one down. Then maybe if we no-lynch you can go "trololol I tried to get a lynch guyz"

Re: Venmar. I read it as he got kicked to the night shift. Hence "Venmar has been sent home early". It fits with the flavor that we work in the factory during the day, they work during the night.

Serious talk, we really didn't like Dry-Fit (or anyone who sheeped BRO on Zednek), for sheeping BRO, would anyone be willing to go with us there? I think it might be the best lynch for today. He's been pretty lazy with his votes I feel, he was Agar's top scumread, and sheeping the IC who admitted his vote was just a placeholder to remind himself to look at Zednek in the future, is really scummy.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 1741, FourteenPointFive wrote:
In post 1735, Dry-fit wrote:My top two suspects from this shift are Aronis and Reck. Aronis I've already explained. Reck has been playing antitown by ignoring the other shift. He's also been making a lot of fluff posts.

Unvote. Vote: Zdenek.
Sheeping BRO, though I'd like to see a vote with more conviction.
Ummm what? BRO is sheeping me kinda, and using Zednek as a placeholder vote as per his post. What is going on here? Why are you voting Zednek when you clearly state you want to lynch Aronis and Reck? It's not like either of those is more unlikely than any other lynch at this point. You're not the only player who has called one or both of them scum. You just accused Reck of making fluff posts....while making a fluff post.
I just wanted to prove the point that I'm going to be sheeping BRO.
Hiplop wrote:can venmar not do anything but vote?

If so, Venmar find a way to communicate with us through votes? Like use multiple votes to send some sort of code or signal to us? Its really not helpful at this point to have a completely quiet player
This looks too tryhard to be true.

I don't see a reason for town to silence Venmar so I'm going to assume it's coming from scum. The question is if this is scum silencing their own guy to make him look like town.

If you want to know who I really want to lynch it's probably Aronis at this point. There's just no real town motivation I can see behind any of his votes.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 am

To really lay it out for you goodmorning, because by your posts I don't think you get it. And this goes for everyone really. If your vote is not on a wagon with at least 4 or 5 votes by the end of the shift, then your vote is wasted. Simple as that. This is the last shift of the episode for us. The time for pressure votes, placeholder votes, and stubborn votes are over. If you're going to vote for someone, you better be doing the leg work to make them a viable lynch for the night shift.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by hiplop »

sorry dryfit i dont understand of what you meant by too tryhard?2
third best scummer of all time
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1901, FourteenPointFive wrote:
In post 1898, goodmorning wrote: It's stupid because he's Town. All the other votes on his wagon are stupid too, but as I wasn't around for them...

I have almost 30 hours in which to read up and make a vote that's more serious (or more of a compromise, depending), but your rather presumptive reaction to my vote on you is not particularly comforting; I shall certainly be looking at you rather closely in future.
TROLOLOLOL Scum-cliche #14: I'm gonna look at you more closely.

But seriously, of the players who's voting your townread, you go with a vote on a lynch that is probably not viable, when Zednek has 4 votes on him already. Even if you went and voted anyone else I still would have called you out on the bullshit. We have only 48 hours to give the night shift some viable options to lynch. Once our time hits zero that's it. If your vote is in an unhelpful place it stays there. I don't see you arguing that a 14.5 lynch is a viable one that is going to net scum. I see you just placing down a vote for the sake of placing one down. Then maybe if we no-lynch you can go "trololol I tried to get a lynch guyz"
I see you being an idiot if you don't realise that protest votes and votes on people one finds scummy are much more useful than just going "dur hur im votin for the big waggin lawl"

Are you saying that IGMEOY is a scumtell?

Are you saying that my vote as it stands right now is totes permanent and cannot possibly change before the end of the shift? Because I'm aware of the time pressures and the vote pressures, and I've already said that I have time in which to make a better-informed decision. 48 hours is not the same as 48 minutes, and I think you need to understand that.

RE: your last post: I've said I'm going to be doing the legwork. I've said I have plenty of time. I've said I don't plan to keep voting you this shift. I don't know why you seem unable to do anything but strawman me.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1901, FourteenPointFive wrote:Venmar. I read it as he got kicked to the night shift. Hence "Venmar has been sent home early". It fits with the flavor that we work in the factory during the day, they work during the night.
Vote: BnB
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Venmar »

Vote: Dry Fit

Content removed.
-Mods
Last edited by The Critic on Thu May 01, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1901, FourteenPointFive wrote:Serious talk, we really didn't like Dry-Fit (or anyone who sheeped BRO on Zednek), for sheeping BRO, would anyone be willing to go with us there? I think it might be the best lynch for today. He's been pretty lazy with his votes I feel, he was Agar's top scumread, and sheeping the IC who admitted his vote was just a placeholder to remind himself to look at Zednek in the future, is really scummy.
What's bizarre about this is the fact that I never stated why I moved my vote onto Zdenek.

Yeah, probably 1-2 scum in the group sheeping me (I'd say like 75% 1, 25% 2).
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I think I have a bad grasp of the gamestate right now, and that scum are taking advantage of that :/
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by BROseidon »

At this point, I don't think I'm going to be that super-helpful with specific reads. Like, this isn't one of those games where I come in and peg the scum team nearly-perfectly on day 1. Best I can do is be a sounding board/intellectual pivot at this point, since I don't have the time/emotional energy/drive to dunk this game at this point.

A few things worth noting:

1) Scum didn't move shit around too much when they could have. That means that they generally liked the distribution of people, even though one of them got lynched day 1. This means that
scum want one shift generating a lot of noise while the other isn't doing anything
. Scum in this shift are almost certainly in the lurkers. Scum in the other shift could be anywhere, given that BnB/Serene/IJ together will, regardless of alignment, produce a metric fuckton of noise.

2) Venmar getting moved probably means he's town. Also, the way he interacted with me when I pushed him probably came from a town IDGAF mindset.

3) Scum in this shift, seeing how much I'm not dunking, have probably generally been okay with letting me tout my own horn and take the driver seat.

4) AP mentioned how he/mastin got a role that made it seem like things weren't fully randomized. Keep this in mind, because my role sure as fuck wasn't random in the context of my record with UT/Quadz (perfect reads in Anything Goes, very good reading in POTUS, near-perfect reads in Wicked Mafia, which was in-progress while this game was in setup). This is part of why Serene as lyncher to BnB makes sense (other than the fact that they've claimed it and played like it). AP/kuribo's meta-level animosity towards one another would make that lyncher target make sense. Everyone who's saying that they aren't a lyncher should probably reconsider that.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Aronis »

So you think that people weren't assigned roles randomly?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:34 am

Post by goodmorning »

That would be interesting...
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:39 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 0, The Critic wrote:
  • All roles have been given out by Random.org.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:43 am

Post by The Goat »

Is it my imagination, or did that night shift last five days?

Here today, will do full re-read and try to be constructive.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 2:31 am

Post by The Critic »

It is now a Day Shift.

Aronis
BROseidon
Dry-fit
FourteenPointFive
hiplop
goodmorning
PeregrineV
The Goat
xRECKONERx
Venmar

Episode 2, Shift B.5 (Day), VC 2Zdenek (4) - BROseidon, Dry-fit, ika, Bird and Beast
Bird and Beast (4) - Venmar, hiplop, Zdenek, FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive (2) - MrZepher, goodmorning
The Goat (2) - PeregrineV, xRECKONERx
Serene2 (1) - ~Jordan'
hiplop (1) - Brian Skies
ika (1) - Infinite Jesters
xRECKONERx (1) - Svenskt Stal
Venmar (1) - Aronis

Not Voting (2): The Goat, Serene2

With 19 alive, it is 10 to lynch.

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-05-01 23:00:00).
The Episode will end in (expired on 2014-05-03 23:00:00).
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 2:38 am

In post 1908, BROseidon wrote:
What's bizarre about this is the fact that I never stated why I moved my vote onto Zdenek.

Yeah, probably 1-2 scum in the group sheeping me (I'd say like 75% 1, 25% 2).
We got some time, let's do something about it. Make one of those players a viable wagon. I think your insistence on leading the town early in the game has contributed to the way this shift has played out. Too many players have been content to follow you cause your the IC.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:00 am

Post by The Goat »

In post 1792, Infinite Jesters wrote:add goat boy to the list of people of interest he is really getting his hands dirty or interacting with people all that much which is very different from the 1 game we played together.

hey goat boy, lets interact. I know we are on separate shifts but we can still xtalk and didn't you say you wanted to talk to me????
Hi. My eyes are bleeding after the 20-ish pages I just powered through. I'm going to assume you meant "isn't" rather than "is."

The one game we played together, I was on vacation, and drinking quite a bit. Now I'm working from home. And drinking quite a bit.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Aronis »

So the episode is only 6 shifts this time???
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:21 am

It's 8. This episode started A.7
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:33 am

Post by The Goat »

Powerskimming results:

First and foremost, the content from a few days back was so laden with "my brain is bigger than yours" bullshit that it makes reads difficult. Knock it off girls...you're all pretty.

Second, Serene...your actions were, in my eyes, counterproductive to your wincon. What you did completely muddled the BnB read for most of the town. I still think he's scum (the phone posting bit pinged the hell out of me), but we'll get around to it when we get around to it. Jumping up and down and screaming "lynch him so I can go home!" isn't exactly motivational.

Initial Town Reads:

Sven
Brian Skies
Venmar (that bit where he argues with Broseidon was either the most over-the-top scum play I've ever seen or pure town. I'm going with the latter.)

Leaning Town:

PeregrineV

Scum reads:

BnB
Reckoner

Reck: You actually take time to come in and post, but don't take time to post content...and this is from one of the fluffier posters on this site. I really do not like the way you're flinging your vote around all nimbly-pimbly. All you're doing is sheeping with a very shady-looking soft claim.

I was going to put hiplop on my scum list because of post 1896, but upon reading his ISO, I realized that his reads and reasoning were very similar to mine. So...:shrug:

Sticking with my original read, because he hasn't gotten ANY better upon reading his content.

vote BnB

Will re-read and post more before the end of this shift.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1907, Venmar wrote:
Vote: Dry Fit

Content removed.
-Mods
Idea: Venmar, use morse code.

VOTE: Aronis: -
VOTE: Venmar: .

Http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code

If you need it^

UNVOTE:
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1911, Aronis wrote:So you think that people weren't assigned roles randomly?
Ugh, reading rules is hard.

People were assigned randomly for the first set of shifts. For the second set, scum could move people around within certain restrictions (each group had to contain at least one scum, keep numbers even, etc).

Moving the groups around minimal accomplished 3 things for scum:

1) It put Venmar in a position where he would get attacked immediately, which, given that he's likely town, meant that scum wanted me to push a lynch through on him. We should check responses to my push on Venmar, as 1-2 scum likely buddied that push (I don't think more, since it never got very far). There may have also been 1-2 scum who immediately went to white-knighting Venmar in response to scum anticipating this response.

2) Limited the ability for town to PoE down the game based on who was in what shift when.

3) Keep the game flow rate the same.

Number three is critical here. Scum literally only moved one person. They could have easily moved more and still not been particularly worried about 2, but that they only moved 1 person meant that they really, really liked the way the game was moving.

They're encouraging lurking this phase.

They don't really have to do anything with the other phase given that AP/kuribo/mollie will produce infinite noise (assuming none of them are faction scum. If any of them are, same shit).
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1911, Aronis wrote:So you think that people weren't assigned roles randomly?
Oh I misread this.

Yeah apparently I'm wrong. Maybe AP's trolling me because my role is perfect for me (at least when I'm on my game)?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1920, The Goat wrote:Powerskimming results:

First and foremost, the content from a few days back was so laden with "my brain is bigger than yours" bullshit that it makes reads difficult. Knock it off girls...you're all pretty.

Second, Serene...your actions were, in my eyes, counterproductive to your wincon. What you did completely muddled the BnB read for most of the town. I still think he's scum (the phone posting bit pinged the hell out of me), but we'll get around to it when we get around to it. Jumping up and down and screaming "lynch him so I can go home!" isn't exactly motivational.

Initial Town Reads:

Sven
Brian Skies
Venmar (that bit where he argues with Broseidon was either the most over-the-top scum play I've ever seen or pure town. I'm going with the latter.)

Leaning Town:

PeregrineV

Scum reads:

BnB
Reckoner

Reck: You actually take time to come in and post, but don't take time to post content...and this is from one of the fluffier posters on this site. I really do not like the way you're flinging your vote around all nimbly-pimbly. All you're doing is sheeping with a very shady-looking soft claim.

I was going to put hiplop on my scum list because of post 1896, but upon reading his ISO, I realized that his reads and reasoning were very similar to mine. So...:shrug:

Sticking with my original read, because he hasn't gotten ANY better upon reading his content.

vote BnB

Will re-read and post more before the end of this shift.
So in the next 6 hours, huh? And this will happen because.................?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”