Newbie 1497 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That was dorected at Trickster sorry. Phoneposting.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Beli claim?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Did you ask Madonna to claim at L-1?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 749, theelkspeaks wrote:Time to start begging for alms, Belisarius
xD I'm probably the only one who's going to get that.

Not going to happen, though. I stand by everything I've said in this thread, and getting mislynched doesn't scare me. Just do me a favour and send some scum to keep me company in the Dead QT as early as you can tomorrow.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Belisarius »

I'm not claiming without intent to hammer, and I'm heading off to work now. Today I'll have less opportunity to phonepost from work, but I have fewer games to keep up with than I did earlier atm, and this game is currently my #1 priority, so I'll definitely be able to hit this thread once before work and once on each break.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

Consider this intent then - and claim next time you're here.

A final reads post would be nice also.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Madonna »

In post 752, Not_Mafia wrote:Did you ask Madonna to claim at L-1?
In post 673, Madonna wrote:I will wait for more players to weigh in before claiming unless the clock is really ticking.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Oops nope. I forgot. >.<
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 756, Madonna wrote:
In post 673, Madonna wrote:I will wait for more players to weigh in before claiming unless the clock is really ticking.
Oh. That's why I didn't ask her too. That makes sense.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Madonna »

In post 723, Belisarius wrote:Why are you bargaining for a Madonna lynch so much?

If Tricks flips scum, Madonna's conftown.
I do not think life works that way.

While I am very glad I am not the deer in headlights, this resolves very little between Tr1ckster and I, though this current situation was exactly what I was aiming for earlier when I gave reads:
In post 602, Madonna wrote:Belisarius and theelkspeaks are both huge nullreads for me, and I chose my friend because he would understand me best and accept this. theelkspeaks can just as easily been my focus, because yeah, tynn was nice and all, but she did not really give much and for very long. So they and Knell are huge question marks for me, and thus fine to pressure and depending on their output, fine to lynch. The more either of them talks, the more liable I am to look at the other as a candidate.

I clearly have stated my bias against Tr1ckster, and yes, even with diminished arguments as he has defended himself well, I take umbrage with his living. This is not a healthy want, I recognize it, and so despite it, I am keeping back from Tr1ckster for now.
So throw that in your tell bucket for me, alongside my active dislike of Tr1ckster.

Does this mean we are getting a good flip from Belisarius? I doubt it. If he is scum, he will have distanced himself enough from who he wanted while closing with town. If he is town, he played a bad method of coming to reads, was not active enough in the game, and chose his prospects poorly. You could have jumped on me, Belisarius, and I would have understood. But in either case, I feel he got caught between two targets that town wanted, so we will be revisiting those options pretty quickly tomorrow, with fewer leads than we might hope to have.
Make the right decision,
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I feel like Madonna is narrating this game more than she is actually scumhunting
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 7:24 am

Post by Madonna »

Work on bettering your game before your criticize mine, Not_Mafia. Your most active and contributive posts were in relation to defending/whiteknighting BlueBloodedToffee against Thor665 shortly after changing your tune on your RNG play.
Make the right decision,
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 755, Thor665 wrote:Consider this intent then - and claim next time you're here.

A final reads post would be nice also.
Et Tu, Brute?

Then fall, Caesar!

I'm a VT.

Lynch Tricks tomorrow, and if he flips scum, disregard my scumread on Madonna.

I have no idea who would be the most likely scumbuddy for Tricks. Maybe N_M?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Belisarius »

Added note: I think hammering me instead of going for another flashwagon and claim is more likely coming from townThor than scum, but I'm less sure of that
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

It's more 'bored and frustrated Thor' really.

I really don't see Tricks as scum right now, he's being terrible but it's a very generic and undirected terrible - I would tend to expect a scum him to have a goal. He doesn't seem to know which way he's going, so why do you think he's scum? Especially with some of the other options out there? Like, i think Not_Mafia looks worse, and frankly probably so does BBT and maybe even Madonna. What am i missing here?
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Madonna »

Look, Belisarius, I know I am voting Tr1ckter and definitely hold no love for him, but asserting his death will clear mine (and will the inverse also be true?) is silly. I am well aware we may just be two town bickering and scum are just letting us or encouraging it. There is little for it, though, if Tr1ckster finds he must chase me.
Make the right decision,
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 765, Madonna wrote:Look, Belisarius, I know I am voting Tr1ckter and definitely hold no love for him, but asserting his death will clear mine (and will the inverse also be true?) is silly. I am well aware we may just be two town bickering and scum are just letting us or encouraging it. There is little for it, though, if Tr1ckster finds he must chase me.
In other words...

Your vote for me is an OMGUS one?

Ah, sorry. Here. Let's try to work together, shall we?

Who is your biggest scum read at the moment?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I was taking a look at JasonWazza (the original person in the Beli slot) and he was posting elsewhere on the forums, including in games at the time this game started. I know there are players that systematically replace out or flake if they draw the alignment they dislike, does anyone know JasonWazza to be one of those players? I've had a quick look through his profile but not found anything to indicate anything either way

I've played with Luca as both alignments and he was very active in both, his last post indicates computer issues.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't see how you got that Madonna was saying she was OMGUS voting you out of that Trickster
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.17

Belisarius (4):
Aquanim, Knell, Tr1ckster, theelkspeaks
Madonna (2):
Not_Mafia, BlueBloodedToffee
Tr1ckster (2):
Belisarius, Madonna
BlueBloodedToffee (1):
Thor665

No Vote (0):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, May 2, at 9:00 AM CDT, which is in (expired on 2014-05-02 09:00:00).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In this topic a lot of people aren't paying attention to the guy I'm likely to hammer when I'm done questioning him.

So I hope and trust all of you are 100% happy with all the info on him at this juncture.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 768, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't see how you got that Madonna was saying she was OMGUS voting you out of that Trickster
In post 765, Madonna wrote:Look, Belisarius, I know I am voting Tr1ckter and definitely hold no love for him,[/b] but asserting his death will clear mine (and will the inverse also be true?) is silly. I am well aware we may just be two town bickering and scum are just letting us[/b] or encouraging it.
There is little for it, though, if Tr1ckster finds he must chase me.
The bolded parts. Unless I'm reading that wrong?

I read the first bolded part as "we might just be two townies fighting"
the second as "but i'm not going to unvote unless he backs off and leaves me alone"

PEdit:

Yes, Thor. I'm pretty happy. You're clear to hammer.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Knell »

I'm not totally happy with this. But I rarely am. Good with a strong town read on Tr1ckster.And more information than I could ever want. The interactions around Beli are a little bare though.

I'd like if he gave a reads list. Because, I don't think I've out right stated it, but I do rely on other player's interpretations and opinions to direct my attention some. If he's town it should help as a resource later.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 772, Knell wrote:I'd like if he gave a reads list. Because, I don't think I've out right stated it, but I do rely on other player's interpretations and opinions to direct my attention some. If he's town it should help as a resource later.
Agreed. But I don't think he plans to give a reads list.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If it must be him I want a reads list first, I won't be surprised whatever he flips, but if he does flip town we're pretty much at square one day 2, I know it won't change my reads except for maybe my read on Madonna, which #761 is kinda making me do anyway

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”