Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1297, AGar wrote:
@Talah
The paragraph I quoted was only in reference to follower type roles. No clue about how it works with Kills/Protects/etc, nor am I inclined to try and figure it out seeing as it's not an impact on our game going forward.
AGar, if you look at the Day 1 Refresher post that I quoted, you'll see that it works the same way for at least kills and protects.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Only relevance being WIFOM related to whether scum would risk targeting someone farther away.

Which is pretty weak in that the doctor is more nerfed.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1300, Iecerint wrote:
@Talah
The paragraph I quoted was only in reference to follower type roles. No clue about how it works with Kills/Protects/etc, nor am I inclined to try and figure it out seeing as it's not an impact on our game going forward.
AGar, if you look at the Day 1 Refresher post that I quoted, you'll see that it works the same way for at least kills and protects.
In post 1301, Iecerint wrote:Only relevance being WIFOM related to whether scum would risk targeting someone farther away.

Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by AGar »

WELP. Fail. Lemme try that again.
In post 1300, Iecerint wrote:
@Talah
In post 1301, Iecerint wrote:Only relevance being WIFOM related to whether scum would risk targeting someone farther away.

Fair enough. The geography mechanic gave me a massive headache and I really didn't let it factor into anything personally. Then I was being accused of being a RB and went into a rage and flew off the handle. Now I'm back from the gym and much much calmer.

TIP's "low-hanging fruit" comment is fucking scummy, btw. It's basically saying "Yeah, I'm playing shitty and scummy as fuck, but I'm gonna self-deprecate in order to deflect any possible attention from that and allow myself to continue acting in an anti-town manner."

More people should be voting to lynch the ever living daylights outta that.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

Agar ( 2 )
TheIrishPope
Juls
[/color]
(L - 10 )

Papa Zito ( 3 )
farside22
Oversoul
Bulbazak
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Not Voting ( 17 )
PeregrineV Aronis Kublai Khan zMuffinMan mnemonicdevice DeltaWave Papa Zito DeathNote xReckonerX Venmar Prof Fridays Brian Skies Iecerint ActionDan BROseidon talah Agar

Total Votes ( 22 )

Needed to Lynch [ 12 ]

DeadlineDeadline is May 14 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-05-14 20:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Double Action
Tomorrow's Event:
Dia De Los Muertos
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1303, AGar wrote:TIP's "low-hanging fruit" comment is fucking scummy, btw. It's basically saying "Yeah, I'm playing shitty and scummy as fuck, but I'm gonna self-deprecate in order to deflect any possible attention from that and allow myself to continue acting in an anti-town manner."

More people should be voting to lynch the ever living daylights outta that.
Why aren't you?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by AGar »

Because I completely forgot to revote after unvoting Iec.

VOTE: TheIrishPope

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I've read the night action discussion twice and I'm still confused by it all. If someone smarter than me figures it all out I'll happily sheep along. What I DO know is someone shot KingdomAces and whoever it was ilu.

This needs death.

VOTE: Prof Fridays
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

What is your deal, Papa Zito? I feel like you've been tunneling me this whole game for no apparent reason. You named me as a top bullet catcher even and no one agreed with you. I've brushed it off, but at this point it's becoming absurd, especially when you don't even back up your vote with a reason. Both BBMolla and KindgomAces were two rooms away from me. The probability of my killing either of them is pretty damn slim, so I don't see why you would place your vote on me.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In the interest of being above OMGUS,

VOTE: TheIrishPope

I rather agree with AGar's sentiments, and despite Papa Zito's, hrm, odd behavior, I still think he brings more to the table than TIP at this point, though they're both pinging on my "scumdar" at this point.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1308, Prof Fridays wrote:Both BBMolla and KindgomAces were two rooms away from me. The probability of my killing either of them is pretty damn slim, so I don't see why you would place your vote on me.
5 man scumteam. You personally don't have to carry out the kill.

This is scummy.

mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1157, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1152, Oversoul wrote:
I agree with Juls.
In post 1153, Oversoul wrote:
Fuck.
No indication of what might be up here? Are you claiming that your blue text was a total shock to you after reading the previous speculation about what might cause it?
Looks like iec saying things to make it seem like he is active... Nvm, read on later, and he does start posting content.
In post 1176, DeathNote wrote:
I get it!
AAAAAnd... here we go again with teh useless
In post 1186, Bulbazak wrote:
Vote Papa Zito

I'm really not comfortable with that list. Something's wrong with it somewhere.
In post 1199, Iecerint wrote:I am an idiot. You being roleblocked could indeed account for it, and is probably what happened because you claimed "confirmable at night" or something yesterday.

Venmar is 1 room away from you, so you could only be blocked by someone at most 1 room away from you if I understand how the mechanics work. I think your logic that it is more likely to be someone in your room makes more sense, provided that the person in your room was capable of blocking you.

Room 5
xReckonerX
Prof Fridays
farside22
Kublai Khan

Room 4 <--- most likely because a block from outside would fail if she targeted a roommate, and talah would rationally target a roommate for that reason
BROseidon
Bulbazak
talah
Agar

Room 3
Venmar
Oversoul
GuyInFreezer
Papa Zito

I should mention that I clarified with the Mod D1 that geography could not cause my action to fail, so it's not the case that my lack of proximity to talah accounts for a null result.
Town reasoning here.
In post 1209, talah wrote:XD

I love that you're town.

My main problem with Venmar atm is that aside from the track no-result, his claim protecting Oversoul seems weak, and he's not dying for what - three nights now? And hey cool for town it seems. I don't get Oversoul as a protect.

He didn't mention why he didn't protect me, and his talking about it seems like he understands the best moves, but just didn't take it?

Why did BB die then? I mean he was partially suspecting me, he said let's not lynch Venmar *today*, and that's about it apart from saying KA was town. KA had a lot to say and frankly was not scumread by a huge amount of folks, so he must have been saying things of value. Unless you think Molla was somehow going to lynch scum? Or you think he wifommed vig hard enough? Egh...

To me it just seems like Molla was the vig target, especially considering the goo, which I think Pere raised as a possibility too. Roughly half the player list has wifommed vig at this point I reckon.

ed: stop ruining moments zMuffin
Why is he town?
In post 1235, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1189, TheIrishPope wrote:VOTE: AGar
Pretty convinced that he's hard tunneling low hanging fruit to look town.
It's your opinion that you are "low hanging fruit"?

Who are the low hanging fruits of this playerlist? You can present them in order of "ease of picking" if you like.
:)

Anyways, because of above post, and others like it, Bulb is strong town for me.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1310, AGar wrote:
In post 1308, Prof Fridays wrote:Both BBMolla and KindgomAces were two rooms away from me. The probability of my killing either of them is pretty damn slim, so I don't see why you would place your vote on me.
5 man scumteam. You personally don't have to carry out the kill.

This is scummy.
Precisely what I was going to say. And it's a hell of a reaction to a single vote.

Your iso speaks for itself my dear professor.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1273, talah wrote:Farside had outted with a jailkeep.

To directly contrast your example, if KK had submitted a roleblock on me, that would fail.

However if farside submitted a jailkeep on a roleblocker in my room, the roleblock would succeed.

At least that's my understanding.

ed: ^@Pere
I could be tempted to vote AGar but in the balance we did have a kill in Venmar's room as well and if it was actually scum and not a vig that points back at Venmar/Zito I think. Not too worried about Oversoul at this stage.
@Talah-
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

I'm vt and I'm gonna get to this game this weekend (today or tomorrow)
I'm claiming to not waste time
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by talah »

I'm deliberately not posting a snarky comment here.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1313, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1273, talah wrote:Farside had outted with a jailkeep.

To directly contrast your example, if KK had submitted a roleblock on me, that would fail.

However if farside submitted a jailkeep on a roleblocker in my room, the roleblock would succeed.

At least that's my understanding.

ed: ^@Pere
I could be tempted to vote AGar but in the balance we did have a kill in Venmar's room as well and if it was actually scum and not a vig that points back at Venmar/Zito I think. Not too worried about Oversoul at this stage.
@Talah-
@Pere-
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1121, Venmar wrote:I protected Oversoul, cause yeah
Sure. Whatever. Makes sense.

*I don't have any thoughts on goo or what it does and I don't have any access to goo or color variants of it. Nor do I have any previous experience with goo.
In post 1140, Oversoul wrote:I think Brian is town.
Well, this is interesting. Why am I being singled out and why do you think I'm town?
In post 1166, Oversoul wrote:
Can we eliminate this cheeky scumbag already
I'm considering it and if BBmolla really did indicate he was visiting Reck last night, then it just makes him look worse (only if BBmolla was the scumkill though, which I'm not leaning towards atm).
In post 1190, farside22 wrote:Bro is scum. Seriously all he has done is talk about ka and now about the goo. His scum suspects are?
Maybe. His contributions thus far have been lacking and I'm not opposed to sheeping a wagon on him if you started one.
In post 1191, farside22 wrote:Either I'm wrong or my bet is scum targeted bb last night. I seriously don't see why people are looking at ka post.
Why do you think BB was scumkilled?
He hadn't even done anything notable in the thread up to that point.
I need to reread his contributions. Do you think KA could have been vigged?
In post 1220, Venmar wrote:Considering BOTH BBMolla and Kingdom of Aces were at least 2 rooms away from mine
BB replaced GiF? And he was in your room?

*The discussion over who was NK'ed/Vigged, etc doesn't actually do anything for my reads.

*I just realized that room 6 is next to room 1 with Bulba listing me as a killer suspect.
In post 1283, AGar wrote:Also, Venmar and Oversoul were in the same room. Talah would receive no result from tracking Venmar anyways. Then Iece was as far away as you can possibly get from Talah, and Talah only went 1 room over to track Venmar, so Iece wouldn't receive a result either if he is any type of follower-style role.
This logic is flawed. Being in a further room doesn't prevent a night action from taking place, it just places it as lower priority in the NAR.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1298, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2, zoraster wrote:
Night Resolution Order

0. Special
1. Roleblocking
2. Protecting
3. Mafia Kills/Traitor Recruitment
4. Vigilante Kills
5. Other Kills
6. Miscellaneous
7. Investigations

Same category actions occur simultaneously.

Roles that do two different things will do them in the order indicated. For example, a Jailkeeper with Roleblock and then Protect. If a Roleblocker roleblocks the jailkeeper, the jailkeeper will still roleblock, but they will not protect.
Having played in a Zoraster game before, actions with priority can cancel out actions with less priority. So mafia kills could cancel out other kills and even investigations, as long as scum killed the player who could do such an action. In other words, timing (or resolution, really) plays a very important role in how actions play out.
So in fact, where Zoraster mentions "if they follow someone who is taking the same or longer period of time", he meant to say so that everyone could understand it, "actions which usually resolve before other actions will fail if they are performed in another room and the target's action is performed on a player less distant".

This is really really doing my head in. Does this mean then that kills would automatically fail outside of the same room? If not, why not, and where was that elaborated on?

And what gives with this and the contradicting claim that geography wouldn't affect the action from Iece?
In post 1288, Iecerint wrote:Wait, nevermind. Zoro just sent me a clarification PM. <_<_<

You do have to track someone prior to their action for the track to be successful. Zoro misunderstood what I was asking -- he thought I was asking only if tracking prior to the action would work, and he clarified that it would. But I intended my question to more generally ask about whether tracking at a different time than the action would cause problems (i.e., either tracking prior to someone submitting an action, such that there is no apparent action as it hasn't happened yet; or tracking after an action, such that it is already done).

I would obviously not have targeted talah last night if this had been more clear. <_<

So basically both tracks are 100% worthless, because they both occurred after the claimed action.

So pretend none of this ever happened. <_<
Although I agree somewhat that it seems both tracks automatically failed - what does the time of submitting the track have to do with anything?
In post 6, zoraster wrote:Just as a clarification: most power role PMs come with a
Time of Night
section. This time of night ONLY applies when the Time of Night event is active (so at most, once a game).
Ugggghhhhhhhhhhbbblaaaahhhh
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1317, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1283, AGar wrote:Also, Venmar and Oversoul were in the same room. Talah would receive no result from tracking Venmar anyways. Then Iece was as far away as you can possibly get from Talah, and Talah only went 1 room over to track Venmar, so Iece wouldn't receive a result either if he is any type of follower-style role.
This logic is flawed. Being in a further room doesn't prevent a night action from taking place, it just places it as lower priority in the NAR.
@Mod: I think we absolutely need clarification on this. Especially regarding in what circumstances an action fails.

Sorry to be a butthole but I can't even think what kind of hypothetical question I'd PM you to try and divine the answer.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1166, Oversoul wrote:
Can we eliminate this cheeky scumbag already
I'm considering it and if BBmolla really did indicate he was visiting Reck last night, then it just makes him look worse (only if BBmolla was the scumkill though, which I'm not leaning towards atm).
So this is a derivation. Do
you
think BB indicated he was visiting Reck last night? I mean, serious question, I'd like your opinion (in the least wall-based post you can muster).
In post 1191, farside22 wrote:Either I'm wrong or my bet is scum targeted bb last night. I seriously don't see why people are looking at ka post.
Why do you think BB was scumkilled?
He hadn't even done anything notable in the thread up to that point.
I need to reread his contributions. Do you think KA could have been vigged?
I need to reread KA's as well. KA's actually a bit of an uncut gem (as he whinged and bitched about at the end of FE:A :P) and his reads were pretty good there but he just didn't make a verbal(?) impact. He got killed in the biggest room in this game, therefore with the least concentration of suspicion which makes sense from a scum perspective. Despite people saying he was widely suspected, he was nowhere near being lynched yesterday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:29 am

Post by farside22 »

@brian
Why do you think BB was scumkilled? He hadn't even done anything notable in the thread up to that point. I need to reread his contributions. Do you think KA could have been vigged?
I explained a bit on why I think bb is the scum kill and why ka vig kill. Currently phone posting so here is the break down.

Ka had people suspicious of him bb did not
Bb hinted at a role I noted after seeing the flip day 2 and pretty sure him being a vt means he did not visit anyone.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i think PV is scum

Vote: PeregrineV
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

agar wrote:TIP's "low-hanging fruit" comment is fucking scummy
maybe
agar wrote:5 man scumteam. You personally don't have to carry out the kill.

This is scummy
stupid, not scummy
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:51 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1322, zMuffinMan wrote:i think PV is scum

Vote: PeregrineV
I'm starting to think this too. The no scum reads being this far in the game is a big read flag.
I found the papa/Friday conversation interesting. Not sure why Friday would call papa really tuneled but I stand by my notice that papa continues to attack those with less experience and with a weak case.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”