MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

+ who the hell forgets their birthday?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 2, VC 10
Venmar - (1):
Cerulean
Tim Howard - (4):
kanyeknowsbest, Shadoweh, xRECKONERx, Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod - (4):
Plum, chamber, Tim Howard, Venmar
Lady Lambdadelta - (1):
Nero Cain

Plum - (1):
Nobody Special
chamber - (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Not voting - (3):
Zdenek, ChannelDelibird, Flipping Awesome

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
11th of May at 8:10pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-05-11 15:10:00)

No one is V/la.[/area]

Prodding ChannelDelibird.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Prodding Cerulean
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Untrod Tripod
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1400, Nero Cain wrote:+ who the hell forgets their birthday?
I do because I never got to celebrate it as a kid?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I am intrigued, tell me why.

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 1398, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think he was trolling like at all, that was a pressure point against Chamber.
You'd have to be incredibly dumb to ask and push his point at face value. So it was trolling, or he's an idiot or scum. You can choose.
Taking a break from the site.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1406, chamber wrote:
So it was trolling
, or he's an idiot or scum.
FIFY!

Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Tim Howard »

In post 1368, Shadoweh wrote:Well, since nothing was happening today, I got bored and read 3 other completed mafia games (rereading ADWD is always fun for me, I can be like 'oh did that actually happen? I didn't remember I posted that.') I also took the time to reread Day 1 with a better emotional disconnect so I could actually look at words being typed.

VOTE: Tim Howard

Can you explain to me where your read on Plum is coming from? The way you treat your reads in general is very odd to me. To explain:
In post 375, Tim Howard wrote: People who can go on the town pile: Nero Cain, Venmar, LLD and Plum. I've liked what I've seen from those people.
-Nexus out
Presumably something Plum said in her first posts turned out town to you, okay.
In post 835, Tim Howard wrote: Flipping Awesome's thoughts on Plum are actually quite good. (also thanks for the explanation on the big ol' list that makes more sense.)
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Plum
MIRACLES, eh? (This is pretty much a full sheep on Flipping Awesome's reasons.)
Considering there's not much explanation for why you thought she was town in the first place, it's pretty easy to change your mind, but Flipping's reasons that you quote for changing your mind are literally "Plum feels scummy. Her walls feel fluffy and not like she is trying to drive the game forward and I am coming around to Penguin's scumread on her." If I'm townreading someone it generally takes more for me then 'This person actually feels scummy' from someone who I'm not actually townreading to convince me to vote them. (In #787 you accuse Flipping of making fallback wagons, not something you say about a strong townread.) Your last comment on the issue yesterDay was that your Plum scumread 'hadn't gone away'.
And come today:
In post 1337, Tim Howard wrote: Plum's 1275 (case on UT) is solid. His response is non-useful in terms of reading him further. However, considering my townread on Venmar, the fact that UT keeps pushing him is really making me feel like he could be scum angling for a fairly easy mislynch.

Plum's posting toDay in general has been stronger than it was yesterDay.
You're sheeping her because her posting is 'stronger'? That doesn't actually change anything she did yesterday so.. you changed your mind because she made a case? How is his response non-useful in reading UT? I don't think that actually means anything, he's reacting pretty snarkily and annoyed (A little like you yesterDay but less rude) and I'd think you'd try to get a handle on thaat better if you actually cared? Your suspicions in my eyes seem to follow this pattern of not actually giving any opinions of your own, declaring someone else's case is good, and sheeping that read until it becomes convenient to switch to another wagon. I don't actually believe you have any reads of your own at all. You throw out town/scum reads, true, but they don't seem to mean anything two posts later or when it's time to actually vote someone.
The first post was Nexus' thoughts. I was pretty null on Plum until I read Flipping Awesome's comments on her, which I agreed with. Later posts from FA seem to say that they weren't all that confident on their Plum read, but that doesn't change the fact that I thought the reasoning given was good and worth voting.
The post about her posting being 'stronger' - I'm using stronger to mean 'townier' in that sentence. Sorry if that was unclear. My read on her changed because I thought the case she made was A) good and B) seemed to be from a townish mindset.
Also, my reads tend to change semi-rapidly as I read the game, yes. I have a hard time holding my thoughts/reads on everyone in the game static in my head over the course of days/weeks/months, and it's just not the first thing on my mind 98% of the time.

Not impressed with UT's sheepy OMGUS vote on us and I approve of the additional votes on him!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Post by Plum »

Dear lord, it's almost as if I didn't acknowledge
at the time
how I felt about my NS push.
In post 1389, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I want this one.

Vote: Chamber

Can I kill this one Miss?
Plz don't my kitteh.

Anyway, Shadoweh questioning of TH good (+Townish), their response seems okay. This may be bias because their latest posting is in my favor and against my biggest suspect, buuuuut all things considered it felt natural to me (I mean, I also think that my play today has been much more productive, which etc.) and their feelings about the gamestate on Day 1 and their play Day 1 look consistent enough. Willing to cautiously okay for now.
In post 1340, Untrod Tripod wrote:reading one player as scum because of a townread on an unflipped player is WHOOSH. like. I don't really know how to respond to that.
Out of nowhere talk to Shadoweh as if you
know
she's Town, bro? Along with the other stuff, etc.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Prod received and it's totally my fault. I promised empire that I'd catch up and post yesterday as he's been busy but I got distracted, and I'm not distracted right now though I still have no desire to play but this hydra was supposed to be me and him occasionally so whatever.

I've kept up in a pretty skimmed manner but the wagon on UT is fucking stupid? And I'd really appreciate it if you'd get your votes off of him. I mean I kinda do get some of the suspicion on him from a really superficial basis, but that doesn't actually make him scum. I feel like I'm in the Reckoning all over again and Tim Howard, should actually see what I'm seeing and I thought that Reck would too and I'm glad to see that he ended up taking his vote off of him in the end because UT just feels so much like the Reckoning in which he was mislynch bait and we read him correctly except I don't have a weak neighborizer this game to prove that he's actually town and save him from a mislynch. He just feels nothing like he did in Wicked and so much more like he did in the Reckoning. I think the only one who really sees that is Flipping Awesome and that's awesome!

I think beyond that Chamber is my next strongest town read and mostly that's based on yesterday and the similar way we thought about some of Shadoweh's posting, and really would it have bothered you too much to just say "I said that in my first post". I don't think that would have been too difficult, but WHATEVER, anyway, I still think he's town and I have no idea what Lady Lambda is doing voting for him because it just feels like the weirdest placed vote ever. I'm willing to suppress some of empire's concerns over Plum on chamber's word though, so that can wait.

Beyond that, I'm just not in the best of moods right now, so that's all you're going to get and I really haven't talked to empire about this game so I'm not sure exactly where he stands but I do know that he's damn convinced of Venmar!scum so we'll see where that goes later.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Venmar

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Are you mad b/c we made you the Boss? I'm sorry okay? :< We just wanted to make you skip turns forever!
Tammy since you're actually reading again: I'm really sorry. I don't like feeling helpless and by the time you were shouting at me just before replacing out you pushed me past blind rage into exhausted resignation. I think if you look back you might realize we were all being very uptight over arguments that weren't that heated, it's just a game and all. So calm down and let's make some posts that involve having fun in this silly game together again. <^_^>

Tim Howard can't see what you're seeing because he's scum. I'm sure he'll be happy to sheep you onto whoever but he's still a scumbawg. (His reply doesn't change my mind, I'm aware he meant townier but it doesn't change read-convenience, I could bully this point mmore right now but im rather sleepy and I'd rather hear the sound of other people's voices for a bit.)
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:13 pm

In post 1409, Plum wrote:Dear lord, it's almost as if I didn't acknowledge
at the time
how I felt about my NS push.
In post 1389, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I want this one.

Vote: Chamber

Can I kill this one Miss?
Plz don't
my kitteh

Anyway, Shadoweh questioning of TH good (+Townish), their response seems okay. This may be bias because their latest posting is in my favor and against my biggest suspect, buuuuut all things considered it felt natural to me (I mean, I also think that my play today has been much more productive, which etc.) and their feelings about the gamestate on Day 1 and their play Day 1 look consistent enough. Willing to cautiously okay for now.
In post 1340, Untrod Tripod wrote:reading one player as scum because of a townread on an unflipped player is WHOOSH. like. I don't really know how to respond to that.
Out of nowhere talk to Shadoweh as if you
know
she's Town, bro? Along with the other stuff, etc.
Y-You're kitteh?! W-well, o-ok! If you want,
nya~

In all seriousness, Chamber actually posted something that sold me on unvoting.
Unvote:

I'm actually kind of lost now though, I need to realign myself for reads. Shadoweh and Plum, pls to be helping me!

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Vote for Tim Howard because he's scum.
Also stop sucking up to people, it's unbecoming of you. Seriously don't ask, just pick someone to hate and hate them until they die, otherwise my dying message is going to be to policy lynch you before LYLO because you're being impossible to read and no one would get you were scum anyways.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm

... * Your.

TIRED

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by Flipping Awesome »

So, I am starting to wonder about most of my townreads which have gone stale. I am still convinced UT is town and would like Plum to address my case. Tammy's latest post reassures me of my townread there. Shadoweh is a surprisingly strong townread for me and Penguin as well. Chamber and Zdenek are town. I'll bet the game about that much. Everything else will have to wait until I get a chance to re-read the thread. LLD's and CDB's low activity has made those townreads a bit stale but I am still leaning town.

~ F-16
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1395, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'd like to reiterate my previous question of why we aren't killing this ^?
Hi UT, I'd still like you to tell me about the scumminess oozing out of plum's post.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1408, Tim Howard wrote:seemed to be from a townish mindset.
What aspect of it?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 1:07 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Nero, your last four votes were naked. Please explain why.

-Nobody Special
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 1:08 am

Post by chamber »

Unvote Vote Tim Howard
Taking a break from the site.
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 2:06 am

Post by Tim Howard »

In post 1418, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1408, Tim Howard wrote:seemed to be from a townish mindset.
What aspect of it?
She didn't hop on my wagon, which she had every excuse / reason to at that point. Instead, she basically kickstarted a new one on UT, who there was no serious wagon on at any point D1. Shadoweh had already voted UT, and Plum had voted him prior to making the case, and that was it. Not only was it a fresh new wagon, but she approached her post / scumhunting from a perspective that felt like town actually looking for scum, not like scum looking to invent something scummy.
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Tim Howard »

In post 1419, Nobody Special wrote:Nero, your last four votes were naked. Please explain why.

-Nobody Special
This is worth repeating
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1417, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1395, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'd like to reiterate my previous question of why we aren't killing this ^?
Hi UT, I'd still like you to tell me about the scumminess oozing out of plum's post.
zed plz

her case is basically "you didn't telegraph your reads, and some of them weren't that strong"

it's like 139874297 words and aping a PBPA to make that point in enough words that people won't realize that's it's empty and terribad

like, I shouldn't have to walk you through this stuff
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 7:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1408, Tim Howard wrote:Not impressed with UT's sheepy OMGUS vote on us and I approve of the additional votes on him!
quadz is Nexus even posting in your hydra anymore?

Also you know better than to use OMGUS as a scumtell so this is just gross.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”