Mewbie 1493~ Game Ovah

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

...we're still here?
In post 547, Not_Mafia wrote:If Josh does flip scum I'll be looking at the reactions surrounding that VT claim, I recall a wagon being formed very quickly for it
That might be useful if he's town too, I'll be looking at it regardless of his flip.
Good as gold. (i.e. totally useless until hammered into shape)
I'm an alt. Of who is the secret.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 549, I Love Fairies wrote:
In post 546, goodmorning wrote:If you really are VT then NotMaf is 100% Scum.
Why? If Josh turns town, it doesn't necessarily mean that NotMaf is scum.
To me it does, because PoE etc.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Malakittens »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Final Day 2
With Seven Alive.. It takes Four to Lynch

Voting:

*I Love Fairies -
*saturnine -
*Josh_B - Mr Glidder, Not_Mafia, Imkingdavid, goodmorning [4] [LYNCH]
*Mr Glidder -
*imkingdavid -
*Not_Mafia - saturnine [1]
*goodmorning - I Love Fairies [1]

Not Voting:
Josh_b[1]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mew Count DownsDay 2 ends in.. (expired on 2014-05-07 22:40:00)

Flip in the next~
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

~Purrz.

Josh_B was taken out of the playpen for a nice nap.

His collar states,
Vanilla Kitten

Mew Count DownsNight 2 ends in.. (expired on 2014-05-07 23:02:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Blech sorry got caught up with something else.

Kittens likes to rock it, Kittens likes to rock it
Kittens likes to rock it like a boogie woogie choo choo train

Imkingdavid rocked himself too hard out of the game. He was a
Kitten Doctor.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

With Five Alive.. It takes Three to Lynch

Voting:

*I Love Fairies -
*saturnine -
*Mr Glidder -
*Not_Mafia -
*goodmorning -

Not Voting:
Mr Glidder, Not_Mafia, goodmorning, I Love Fairies, saturine [5]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mew Count DownsDay 3 ends in.. (expired on 2014-05-21 23:48:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Thu May 08, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

You can cast suspicion, but please do not post any votes yet.

Personally, I think we should lynch GM.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:06 am

Post by goodmorning »

We should lynch Mr G. Discuss.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 am

Post by goodmorning »

@Mala: I thought 5 alive was 3 to lynch?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If ILF's post is sincere then that makes Mr. G/Saturnine the scumteam
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@Mala - Saturnine has not visited the site since May 2nd. Can he be prodded/replaced?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 557, goodmorning wrote:
@Mala: I thought 5 alive was 3 to lynch?
It is. Editing now I am horrible with math -;;
In post 559, Not_Mafia wrote:
@Mala - Saturnine has not visited the site since May 2nd. Can he be prodded/replaced?
Giving him until we hit the 24 mark since this day has opened before searching

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 1:58 am

Post by goodmorning »

stop being scummyscum notmaf

i know you're backed into a corner but srsly
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

We both know why you want Mr. G lynched. Considering your conf scum read on me and the town read on ILF at the end of day 2. How would this have been allowed to happen? If the other slot was dead
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:47 am

Post by goodmorning »

Spoiler: some analysis of the scumslot while I remain alive
In post 197, Mithrandir wrote:Sorry for the delay, some moron hit the power pole and knocked out my power for a couple of hours. I was 3/4 finished writing my post when everything went black. When my power came back, and chrome restored my tabs, I cried real tears of joy that my partially finished post popped back to life.

While I have never played mafia before, but I have read a few games before. This one is definitely a little different. Most games people take turns throwing mud at each other and see what sticks. This game someone jumped into a mud puddle on post 5 and almost everyone's been debating how much mud has been sticking to him ever since.

To answer the obvious question ...
In post 194, Josh_B wrote:How do you feel about the character that you've replaced?
From my read of the situation, he appeared to have been posting from his home under the bridge, so DNFTT says it all.

Now on to the more interesting part, the scumhunting. The deadline is coming up, and town has almost completely stalled. It's become all about that guy in the mud puddle. Now claiming VT was either a kinda dumb move if he was town, or part of a more clever gambit if he was scum. Having read over the thread again, plus reading his posts in isolation, my gut tells me it was more likely the former rather than the latter. (My brain gives 70-30 odds) There's a definite chance that he's playing dumb, but his posts have been fairly consistent so I'm thinking he's town.

So my gut says he's not scum. Following that line of thought, I'm betting the scum are thrilled he's here. He's drawn so much attention that it's been too easy for a lot of people to be just chilling like snakes in the grass. That's where I'm looking for the scum right now. We need to throw some mud at them and get some heat going to smoke them out of the grass.

So in the interest of throwing mud and generating heat, here's my reads list at the moment.

SNS (Bambo) - Bambo lurked and didn't contribute much. SNS came it, gave an initial read and a couple of thoughts, but not much. Insisted she'd reread and come back, but to date hasn't. Said to not worry as she's always scummy in post 172, which struck me as odd.

Phok - My scummiest read. A self-admitted lurker whose made no contributions to town. Well, he tried to start a train on that captain asshole, but I can't hold that against him.

Mafioso - My read on him is wierd. I get a vaguely pro-town vibe from him, but that contrasts with his absolute tunneling on Josh, which feels scummy. Even after it was pointed out to him, he's still going on about Josh to the exclusion of everyone else.

Goodmorning - My first impression was that he used a lot of deflection. A re-read softened my suspicions a bit. Answers a lot of questions with questions, but they tend to be good questions.

imkingdavid - My strongest pro-town read. Not just because he recognized my handle as Gandalf's name in elvish, but because he seems to be the most interested in spreading the pressure around.

Saturnine - A vaguely null read. A bit flip-floppy, but my gut says nervous town newbie.

ILoveFairies - Another mixed feeling. My brain looks through her posts and sees town, but for some reason I can't articulate my gut doesn't quite agree.

I could say more, but I think this wall of text is quite enough for now. I'm not going to vote yet, but with my current information I'm leaning towards Phok as most-likely-to-be-scum.
Any of phok, saturning, ILF could be his partner based on this list. I'd lean towards the non-wishywashy phok read being the partner, but the wishywashy ones are equally possible.

His subsequent hardtunneling of phok could go either way: shedding deadwood? or easy mislynch?
In post 256, Mithrandir wrote:Also, re-reading my own posts, I've been tunneling a bit on GM. To spread the joy around a bit, here's my updated reads on the rest of you in no particular order, except the final one.

Josh - When reading his posts in isolation I can't help but be reminded of an excited puppy. I agree with GM that his stream of conciousness posting in 228 seemed to confirm my town read. I still haven't completely given up on the whole initial claim thing was a gambit to get town-cred long term, but the more he posts the less likely I find it. He's got me on his short list for lynching, I guessing because of my predecessor, but I would like to know why.

Mafioso - I'm still having a hard time reading him. He's not tunneling quite so hard on Josh now, which I think is good. I agree with his points summed up in post 241 that SNS and ILF preemptive claims of being bad sound like scum excuses. Plus he called out ILF in post 252 over her attacking me, which I will comment on more momentarily. Despite all these good facts, my gut is still conflicted, for a reason I can't articulate.

IKD and Saturine - Initially both fairly strong town reads, now a bit less so. Can't help but agree with Mafioso that their departure from this thread was very conveniently timed. Saturn has come back and has posted while IKD has not/ She also stands a bit higher due to actually giving notice about V/LA. There's also been a distinct lack of real content in any of his more recent posts. Overall I still think Saturns town, but my read on IKA is more nullishly mixed.

Phok - What more can I say that my initial vote didn't? He's been called out, and the longer he doesn't contribute, the scummier he feels to me. My top suspect.

ILF - Still a mixed opinion. On one hand, a lot of her actions seem quite town. On the other hand, she's premtively claiming to be bad at the game, which seems like a scummy ass-covering move. On the third hand, I find it hard to vote for someone who feels guilty to voting for me because I'm new and a replacement. On the fourth hand, she is incredibly wishy-washy, much like this read.

For the record, if you think I'm scummy, don't hesitate to vote. All I ask is that you explain why, and don't do what SNS did. Speaking of SNS ...

And finally, there's SNS - With GM leaving my #2 scum spot, SNS has nicely stepped up to take her place. In case anyone wonders why, here's my reasons. First, there was the actions of her predecessor, which were kinda scummy. I'm the last person to vote for that reason alone, but it does need to be mentioned. In post 144 she's willing to lynch possible townies because they are unhelpful, which was the first eyebrow raiser. Then there was her "always scummy" comment in post 172. Then there was her reads, perticularly her read of me.
This readslist makes saturnine less likely, imo, though there's always the possibility that he wanted to pair her with a town player and try to link them in our consciousness (unlikely).
In post 371, Mr Glidder wrote:This is the post of reads I was working on during night (I read the whole game but just skimmed some of the larger walls).

Josh_B: I honestly have no idea what to make of this guy. Super-early VT claims tend to be legit from my experience, but his argument with (mainly) mafioso just seems all sorts of convoluted. In the end I have him on the town side of null, but it's shaky.
Not_Mafia: Predecessor was lurk-null, N_M himself has nothing really alignment-indicative as far as I can tell. Even his posts today, not 100% sure what to make of it.
imkingdavid: Getting a town vibe from this guy. He seems to match a decent amount of my thoughts on various things.
goodmorning: Eh town-null. Seems to be saying all the right things but something in my head is tweaking.
saturnine: Also town. Nothing in that ISO looks like scum to me.
I Love Fairies: I kinda like this slot for scum. I see needless cruft and a decent amount of somewhat distracting "I'm bad mmmkay". I had a gut feeling of "something's not right here"; GM then said today "It's all been fluff, theory, WIFOM", which fits right in.

Looking back I have only one "scum read". Ergh. Let's say I'm caught between N_M and GM for a #2.
This post makes it probably not ILF; he'd be more likely to sheep me on ILF if she was Town.
It also makes NotMaf look suspect, as "lurk-null" and "nothing really alignment indicative" should probably be classed scummier than "eh town-null."

In post 429, goodmorning wrote:I wouldn't bother about NotMaf, he seems to be the type who's pretty good at deflecting suspicion, unless I miss my guess.
Before I forget, that quote was me asking NotMaf if he was BP.

P-Edit: How would what have been allowed to happen? If you mean why not you, it's because one mustn't play all her cards at once.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 am

Post by goodmorning »

If what other slot was dead? And what of it?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The other scum slot being dead/MIA. I.e Saturnine flaking
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

I believe the scum team is GM and Mr Glidder. However, I'm less certain about GM than I am Mr Glidder at this point, so I retract my previous statement and will say I'd rather lynch him instead of GM.

We should wait for Saturnine to come back before we make any decisions.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

In post 558, Not_Mafia wrote:If ILF's post is sincere then that makes Mr. G/Saturnine the scumteam
I know you said in that you'd "take a serious serious second look at Saturnine", but this still looks kinda out of nowhere. You'd barely mentioned saturnine up to this point (as scum or otherwise) and now you're (conditionally) calling him on the team?

Also you need to explain what you meant by the "this" in "How would this have been allowed to happen".

For the record though, my townread on saturnine is also weakening, given how he's disappeared near the end of both days so far. I wouldn't lynch him/his slot today though. I want to lynch ILF or Not_Mafia, and maybe even both (I'm not convinced they're scum together, but I'm pretty sure at least one of them is, and I need to work out which one I'm more sure of).
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 565, Not_Mafia wrote:The other scum slot being dead/MIA. I.e Saturnine flaking
Scum can usually specify which one does the kill, even if said slot is flaky. If
that's
what you're asking.
In post 566, I Love Fairies wrote:I believe the scum team is GM and Mr Glidder. However, I'm less certain about GM than I am Mr Glidder at this point, so I retract my previous statement and will say I'd rather lynch him instead of GM.

We should wait for Saturnine to come back before we make any decisions.
You are really not paying attention to the subtext here.
In post 567, Mr Glidder wrote: I want to lynch ILF or Not_Mafia, and maybe even both (I'm not convinced they're scum together, but I'm pretty sure at least one of them is, and I need to work out which one I'm more sure of).
I want the answer to this right sharpish.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

@Mala - Do you allow one member of a scum team to submit a kill in their partner's name?
Mr Glidder
Mr Glidder
Goon
Mr Glidder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Mr Glidder »

Hm.

Josh_B
's D1 wagon: saturnine on (1),
my slot
on (2),
mafioso
on (3),
sns
on (4),
mafioso
off (3), saturnine off (2),
mafioso
on (3),
sns
off (2),
my slot
off (1),
mafioso
off (0).
mafioso
and
sns
died.
Josh_B
's D2 wagon:
me
on (1), N_M on (2), GM on (3), GM off (2),
IKD
on (3), GM hammer (4).
IKD
died.

Aside from my slot (which had the three votes/unvotes each made by different players), the two wagons have absolutely nothing in common. That's really strange. I see two possibilities:
  1. saturnine is town. Scum watched Josh_B pile up the votes and wanted the wagon to remain all-town in case it went through. They then tried to push through the mislynch D2.
  2. saturnine is scum, with the partner trying to be on a different wagon. This partner then got on the wagon D2 while saturnine stayed off.
Both these possibilities imply that one of N_M and GM are scum. Possibly even both, but having both push the D2 lynch through feels like overkill to me. As stated before, I think N_M is the scum in that pair.

However, it's also worth nothing that ILF's slot is the only one to have never voted Josh_B. Only townie to correctly believe J_B is town throughout both days? Or scum who wants to stay off that wagon while their buddy pushes it? Given the funny pair of wagons above, I think it's the latter; as a result I believe possibility #1 from above.

When I put all this together, I end up with something like this:
  • conftown
  • goodmorning
  • saturnine
  • I Love Fairires
  • Not_Mafia
  • confscum
Summary:
  • I think the D1 J_B wagon is all town.
  • I think the D2 J_B wagon has exactly 1 scum.
  • Let's lynch N_M.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 am

Post by goodmorning »

I don't get what point you're trying to make here.

PEDIT: That post makes me think it's saturnine after all, though a bus is possible.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

@GM (post 568): Wait, did you want me or Mr Glidder to respond to that?

@Mr Glidder: I think you'll find that I haven't been on either lynch so far. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever had a vote on SNS or Josh. It's weird to think that I'm "scummy" because my vote record isn't tarnished by townie blood.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Mr G. You're fine.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Saturine is being replaced for not picking up a prod.

Also, I have always allowed actions to be submitted on behalf of other players as this is how it allowed in past games that I have been apart in.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”