MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1337, Tim Howard wrote:I basically can't pick out a read on Cerulean. I'll have a conversation with Nexus about it today, if I can catch him online.
How many games have you played with Tammy to this point? Because ... okay, Tammy will be smug if I'm misreading her, I guess, but I just don't see how you can't have a solid read on that slot at this point.
In post 974, Tim Howard wrote:So that entire sixty/reck discussion was
interesting
, but left me with basically nothing other than "boy they seem mad at each other." They both made good points and they both made bad points. Pretty much came out a wash at this point.
I know you refused before, but I really would like to know what "good points" and "bad points" Sixty and Reck each made. In general this post (especially the bolded) seems like a really weird way to talk about something you later claim to have found unpleasant to read and unhelpful in understanding the game better.

Also:
In post 974, Tim Howard wrote:The justice bones in my body really want to lynch the crap out of Katsuki for ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing while it was happening.
(1) You think "ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing" is something worth lynching Katsuki over.
(2) You have nothing to say about the Sixty/Reck thing, it hasn't changed your reads and you refuse to discuss it further when asked.

Does this not seem odd to you? (I mean, I see that you're making the point that Katsuki was posting at the time, I just don't really understand why that matters. What would you have said if you were posting at the time?)
In post 997, Tim Howard wrote:
In post 992, xRECKONERx wrote:I really don't like that quadz's opinion about the me vs Sixty thing seems to just boil down to, "That was interesting but here's why it's null."

I'd be very interested in hearing him expand on what he means by, "They both made some good points, they both made some bad ones." Which points, specifically, did you think were good or bad from either side?
I could go back and re-read it and quote shit, but I'm really not that interested in going back and doing an in-depth re-read of a fairly unpleasant argument near the end of the game day which did not result in significant read changes. *shrug*
Can you remind me what your read on Reckoner was before you read the Sixty/Reckoner argument?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Plessiez »

NS:
In post 1125, Nobody Special wrote:This may not stick (remember, I still have ~8 pages to catch up on):

Vote: Katsuki
Can you explain why you voted Katsuki at this point?

(And can you tell me why were voting Plum today?)
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Tim Howard »

I don't remember how many games I've played with Tammy, tbh. At least a couple, and I've modded for her in a couple of others. I've found her hard to read in the past, IIRC, and the fact that Empire isn't posting isn't making things easier for me.

Too bad.

No, it doesn't seem odd to me
because they happened at different times
. The situation is completely different.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I don't think I really had one?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:49 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 2, VC 15
Venmar - (1):
Cerulean
Tim Howard - (7):
kanyeknowsbest, Shadoweh, xRECKONERx, Untrod Tripod, chamber, Flipping Awesome, Nobody Special
Untrod Tripod - (3):
Plum, Tim Howard, Venmar,
kanyeknowsbest - (2):
Plessiez, Zdenek

Not voting - (2):
Lady Lambdadelta,
Nero Cain

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1:
11th of May at 8:10pm
Irish Time - countdown: (expired on 2014-05-11 15:10:00)

No one is V/la.[/area]
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Townie
Tim Howard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Tim Howard »

Ugh, this game is no-reveal. Fine, I'm claiming cause if I do get hammered I want to make sure our ability is public.

We're
CDB
. We have two abilities:
Creator of the Deck - Allows us to send 1 person per day phase a random card. That card grants them an ability. We have a laundry list of potential cards, all taken from the Great Idea deck, that can be given. Each one can only be given once. Some of them are useful, some of them are not. We are told what card they receive. On Day 1, we gave a card to CDB (now plessiez). On Day 2, we gave a card to Flipping Awesome. I don't want to reveal what cards were given because I don't know if abilities were used or not and I don't want to nullify their use in case they can accomplish something.

Tzar of 62 - Allows us to choose one person, once during the game. That person takes 1 extra vote to lynch for that day phase. We cannot choose ourselves.

woooo.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1552, Tim Howard wrote:I don't remember how many games I've played with Tammy, tbh. At least a couple, and I've modded for her in a couple of others. I've found her hard to read in the past, IIRC, and the fact that Empire isn't posting isn't making things easier for me.
... but Empire is the one doing most of the posting :?.
In post 1552, Tim Howard wrote:No, it doesn't seem odd to me
because they happened at different times
. The situation is completely different.
Let me try this from a different angle. What would you have expected a town!Katsuki to say about the Reck/Sixty posts?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Shadoweh »

UNVOTE:
I'm going to sleep so I'm going to think about that while I do. Day-Inventor does seem provable enough to not wish cleansing of the fire for it immediately.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1534, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1529, Untrod Tripod wrote:you say, while voting me

I can't read or write
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:25 am

Post by Plessiez »

CDB did receive an ability (from the Great Idea deck) during day 1. So I think that Tim Howard's role is pretty much confirmed (unless anybody wants to counter-claim having sent me something, which seems silly).

I was going to point out that roles and alignments are independent, but I'm not sure scum!TH has any reason to anonymously send abilities to town. Hmm. There's still time for people to vote kanye?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you mean other than to confirm their role as "town", right?

because that seems like a pretty good reason imo
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1559, Untrod Tripod wrote:you mean other than to confirm their role as "town", right?
Well, sure, that's the only motivation I can think of. But he sent it to CDB, who was town-reading him
anyway
, which seems a bit misguided if that was the idea?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

why? he should know well enough that if he sent it to someone who wasn't really townreading them, the response would probably be exactly what mine was

send it to someone who is already inclined to townread you and you're more likely to "confirm" yourself
Flipping Awesome
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Flipping Awesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Flipping Awesome »

Card received.

UNVOTE: Tim Howard

Willing to reconsider.

Nero Cain, when I said I didn't have a town read on you and thought you might be scum, you outright dismissed me as never reading you right. I went through games and determined that as town I actually did read you right more often than not. You ignored that conclusion entirely. Of course, while this was going on there was also the ongoing 172 that's now over where I stuck to my (correct) town read on you even though it contributed to your suspicion of me. And while you were going on about my auto-scum reading you, depending on when the spoilered dead QT kicked in you knew I'd read you honestly and correctly.

So since you're disinclined to take me seriously, I'll just keep observing and let F-16 in on my read status. Because arguing with you when you've already dismissed me as an idiot doesn't exactly seem productive.

--PA
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Venmar »

FA now realizes arguing with Nero Cain is as useful as trying to light a match with a stick of water.
In post 1561, Untrod Tripod wrote:why? he should know well enough that if he sent it to someone who wasn't really townreading them, the response would probably be exactly what mine was

send it to someone who is already inclined to townread you and you're more likely to "confirm" yourself
What the fuck? Is your view of using a role an anti-town one? "OH I THINK I'M GOING TO BE GIVING MY CARDS TO PEOPLE I DON'T FUCKING TRUST TROLOLOLOL"
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1562, Flipping Awesome wrote:Nero Cain, when I said I didn't have a town read on you and thought you might be scum, you outright dismissed me as never reading you right. I went through games and determined that as town I actually did read you right more often than not. You ignored that conclusion entirely. Of course, while this was going on there was also the ongoing 172 that's now over where I stuck to my (correct) town read on you even though it contributed to your suspicion of me. And while you were going on about my auto-scum reading you, depending on when the spoilered dead QT kicked in you knew I'd read you honestly and correctly.

So since you're disinclined to take me seriously, I'll just keep observing and let F-16 in on my read status. Because arguing with you when you've already dismissed me as an idiot doesn't exactly seem productive.
Well, I was wrong too. I legit believed that you had never read me correctly (aside from when you were scum) but yea I wasn't wrong. *shrug* All I'm saying (or atleast trying to get across) is that I'm paranoid of you two 'cause this whole "I think you are scum but I'm not going to talk to you." 'cause I feel like that's a stance that scum would take. If it makes you feel better I'd lynch several slots before you!

but in any case, if you guys aren't lynching TH, can you guys help me kill scumVenmar.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 am

Post by chamber »

Unvote Vote Nero
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:03 am

Post by chamber »

shadow, with me!
Taking a break from the site.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I said I was asleep >.>
I was waiting for something else but I can't disagree with the sentiment for now.
VOTE: Nero Cain
In post 1563, Venmar wrote:FA now realizes arguing with Nero Cain is as useful as trying to light a match with a stick of water.
In post 1561, Untrod Tripod wrote:why? he should know well enough that if he sent it to someone who wasn't really townreading them, the response would probably be exactly what mine was

What the fuck? Is your view of using a role an anti-town one? "OH I THINK I'M GOING TO BE GIVING MY CARDS TO PEOPLE I DON'T FUCKING TRUST TROLOLOLOL"
I actually have to agree with this sentiment, if I could send out role powers I would probably send them to the towniest people I thought would live through the night. I think having a bunch of town get more powers is worth the risk that the giver is a scumbag. I'm sure he's mad at me for pushing him to claim this but it's better that we had more time to have this argument.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Plessiez »

I'm not sure I understand Venmar or Shadoweh's last posts. They both seem to be responding to something in UT's that I don't think he's actually saying.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1564, Nero Cain wrote:Well, I was wrong too. I legit believed that you had never read me correctly (aside from when you were scum) but yea I wasn't wrong.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. I do know that you'd been spoiled for Large Normal 172 a few days before you posted though :neutral:. So you "legit believed" something you'd just seen wasn't true?
In post 1564, Nero Cain wrote:All I'm saying (or atleast trying to get across) is that I'm paranoid of you two 'cause this whole "I think you are scum but I'm not going to talk to you." 'cause I feel like that's a stance that scum would take.
But if that's all you're trying to say I don't know why you keep bringing up PA's supposed inability to read you. Why is that relevant? In fact, if Flipping Awesome is town, and if PA never reads you correctly, wouldn't you
expect
PA to be calling you scum here?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1568, Plessiez wrote:I'm not sure I understand Venmar or Shadoweh's last posts. They both seem to be responding to something in UT's that I don't think he's actually saying.
I think calling someone out for sending a role power to someone who is townreading you so they can confirm you better is pretty silly to hold against someone, is all, when the reasoning for sending it to them as town is more believable.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1569, Plessiez wrote:
In post 1564, Nero Cain wrote:Well, I was wrong too. I legit believed that you had never read me correctly (aside from when you were scum) but yea I wasn't wrong.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. I do know that you'd been spoiled for Large Normal 172 a few days before you posted though :neutral:. So you "legit believed" something you'd just seen wasn't true?
Well I couldn't talk about ongoing games but I was more talking about our past few games. I had really thought she had called me scum every game but I was wrong.

In post 1564, Nero Cain wrote:All I'm saying (or atleast trying to get across) is that I'm paranoid of you two 'cause this whole "I think you are scum but I'm not going to talk to you." 'cause I feel like that's a stance that scum would take.
But if that's all you're trying to say I don't know why you keep bringing up PA's supposed inability to read you. Why is that relevant?
In fact, if Flipping Awesome is town
, and if PA never reads you correctly, wouldn't you
expect
PA to be calling you scum here?
I don't think I keep bringing up PA's inability to read me at all. I said it once, she showed that she actually had read me correctly at times. And that was it. I'm also not calling Flipping town so I don't really get the bolded.

So anyways, if you guys flip me today be sure to kill Venmar and Shadow.

vote:Shadow
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1570, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 1568, Plessiez wrote:I'm not sure I understand Venmar or Shadoweh's last posts. They both seem to be responding to something in UT's that I don't think he's actually saying.
I think calling someone out for sending a role power to someone who is townreading you so they can confirm you better is pretty silly to hold against someone, is all, when the reasoning for sending it to them as town is more believable.
the subtle distinction I'm trying to make here is that I think it's unwise to go "10/10 PERFECT TOWN", especially when you have a strong scumread on him at it wasn't at all a secret that his lynch would be up for discussion today
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

EBWOP

"and it wasn't at all...."
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx