quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:42 am

Post by quadz08 »

I assume they got lost in the weekend crashy postlossy thingy we had a few weeks back
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 am

Post by AGar »

In post 99, xRECKONERx wrote:Why are they "re-nominations"?
Guessing it probably has something to do with this, if they were posted during that time and before the OP was updated?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

oooooh
green shirt thursdays
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 101, AGar wrote:
In post 99, xRECKONERx wrote:Why are they "re-nominations"?
Guessing it probably has something to do with this, if they were posted during that time and before the OP was updated?
^this
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate AGar for Community Contributor
, for his continued work in this thread. Things that he is spending the time doing and gathering could have a significantly positive influence on the site, and he basically re-kicked that thread into high gear.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 98, mastin2 wrote:
In post 97, pieguyn wrote:
nominate displaced for Best Replacement

this guy replaced into a mislynch slot at 6p MYLO in Attack on Titan and proceeded to peg the fuck out of the scumteam. the game was up in the air at that point but he replaced in and quickly made a bunch of decisive arguments for BRO scum in 4p MYLO that were pretty much quick and painless. he didn't even have to do anything ridiculous to get the lynch, he just walked in and started owning it. there's a very good chance town would have lost this otherwise, but him replacing in here pretty much sealed the fate of a town win.
Oh, yes.

Second.

And speaking of re-nomming Attack on Titan:
Re-Nominante the town of Attack on Titan for best performance: Town
I said it the first time and I'll say it again the second time. Don't let the fact that the game came to 4p mylo fool you. The town in this game was always. ALWAYS. Ahead of the scum the entire game. We were playing catch-up to them. We managed to get to 4p mylo mainly through a combination of skilled scumplay and pure sheer luck, not because of town incompetence. Throughout the entire game? The town was filled with players who knew each other to be town
and
didn't
get paranoid about it
, a large key in their ultimate success.

If you look at the D1 wagons? All three lead wagons were on scum. We were being steamrolled. And that pressure never was let up on. The town did manage to mislynch a few times, but each of those mislynches ended up cornering the scum even further, costing them something. The town was basically in control for the entirety of the game, with few weak links and many, MANY strong ones. This was a town that I was glad to have lost to, since it was a town that really put their best feet forward.

Re-nominate Attack on Titan for Game of the Year
In spite of the town ultimately winning and being the team that ultimately deserved it the most...this was not a case of an incompetent scumteam. This was not a case of a rock-solid town against a scumteam that was only mediocre. This was a case of a QUITE strong scumteam butting heads against a town that just so happened to be slightly stronger at the end. It was a close game, because the scum managed to play solidly. They went from being all three of the lead wagons D1 to getting a mislynch, and then another mislynch D2.

All-in-all, it was a game where either side could have won. The town pulled through and earned that victory, but the scumteam put up a DANG-good fight. It was not a win given to them. It was a win that they had to battle their way into. So both teams played immensely well. In addition to that, the game was insanely fun to play in, too. I said it back then, and it's still true right now. So far, there hasn't been a single game thusfar in the year that I've enjoyed more than Attack on Titan, and I was proud to have played that game even though I didn't win.

It was a great game all-around. Excellent roles, interacting well, with an interesting mechanic. Nice flavor, too. Decently-solid modding. Plus a ton of simple, good play. There may have been some tension, and neither side played an absolutely perfect game...but both sides played an amazingly-strong, beautiful game and it really, really must be read to be believed.
2nd best town
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate Venmar for Best Mutation for the two-game combination of Left 4 Dead and Walking Dead

Both games were zombie-themed, featuring a similar mechanic. Each night, a zombie horde would attack and eat a player, acting as a vig. How the horde was handled each game differed by the theme (with it being more random when both town and scum were zombies, appropriately enough, and being controlled by the town more when the town was zombies against scum humans who had none over it), but the mechanic basically remained the same both games. In addition to the actual mechanic, the idea of 'herders' was a brilliant role that added to it, with herders in each game acting to give direction to the horde beyond the otherwise-random kills. Additionally, the role of baiter (a zombie-bodyguard drawing the horde onto yourself the first game and a zombie-doctor removing a player from the list of nom candidates the second game) was another brilliant addition to the mechanic.

It was highly-innovative, highly-original, and has a HUGE amount of potential, which once understood properly, made it insanely fun to see. It never quite got full usage, but that was partly design, in that the mechanic was there, but was always intentionally not meant to be THE driving force behind the game, and it never was. So it was there, contributing, but never overwhelming. It added a lot of interesting dynamics to how both town and scum thought in both games, and overall, was an absolute blast to play.

I don't think I've really seen any other game so far this year that has quite integrated together a new mechanic and roles associated as well as Venmar did with these two games. He deserves every bit of recognition he can get for this highly-innovative, original idea.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, and speaking of Left 4 Dead...

Nominate Left 4 Dead for Game of the Year

This game ultimately ended up surpassing even Attack on Titan for me in terms of enjoyment by the end. It was an absolute, entire, utter blast to play in. Extremely skilled, lethal scum players, executing an audacious plan (that actually worked!) made it really, really fun to engage in at the time, as the town tried to figure out what was going on. But the town was no slouch, either (thus one reason the scum's plan was cooked up in the first place!), and they were all highly-skilled players who were playing a fairly effective game. Both sides played strongly, and the fun continued even into the dead thread, featuring plenty of trolling and when a spoilered dead QT went up, plenty of, "They did WHAT now?!?" reactions.

...Plus, it's not every day that you get to see Mastin claim scum, in-thread, and troll for the entire rest of the day phase. Fun to play, fun to watch, just overall fun to have been in. Great mechanic, great players, not really a lot of drama, a healthy dose of confusion, and an overall fairly healthy game environment. It was a very good game to play in, and one of the best possible rematches for the Walking Dead crowd.
My academy.
Agnigi
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wasn't Walking Dead already nominated for last year's Best Mutation category?

p.edit: Yeah, Walking Dead isn't eligible for consideration
green shirt thursdays
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Cabd »

I don't think a game where town was apathetic because a VT hard counterclaimed the town cop that had already given two guilties is really "best game of the year" material either, so I can't in good conscience give it a second.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Can do a kodak moment for when PV claims to have recieved a report from a non existant Amn cop with a guilty on the real cop who made up the amn cop.

And then
flips town
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 104, mastin2 wrote:
Nominate AGar for Community Contributor
, for his continued work in this thread. Things that he is spending the time doing and gathering could have a significantly positive influence on the site, and he basically re-kicked that thread into high gear.
Second
To be clear: quack
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 9:04 am

Post by quadz08 »

Nth AGar
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 108, xRECKONERx wrote:Wasn't Walking Dead already nominated for last year's Best Mutation category?

It was, though L4D is still viable, don't know why Mastin decided to mention both?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 113, Venmar wrote:
In post 108, xRECKONERx wrote:Wasn't Walking Dead already nominated for last year's Best Mutation category?

It was, though L4D is still viable, don't know why Mastin decided to mention both?
I mentioned Walking Dead mainly as a reference FOR Left 4 Dead, to compare the mechanics. The nom's for L4D.
My academy.
Agnigi
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 64, Scummies wrote:The thread and first post have been updated and brought up to date. (up to post #63.)

As of now this thread will be regularly kept up to date on a day by day basis.

lol
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Nominate everyone in this game http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44815 for kodak moment because page two scum lynch
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 116, Burning_Earth wrote:
Nominate everyone in this game http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44815 for kodak moment because page two scum lynch
Seconding this for RVS scum hammer.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 117, reinoe wrote:
Seconding this for RVS scum hammer.
Thirding because wow, that was incredible!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Such Pressure

Hammered after a single post
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:21 am

Post by Guyett »

don't know if it deserves a kodak moment as it happens often enough.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:27 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

It wasn't a vengeful.

It was a 9p game, it happened page two, and IT WAS ON SCUM.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:29 am

Post by Guyett »

I've been lol hammered as scum as early as post 30 in a game :shrug:
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

wow, amazing.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Scummies »

Up to date.
Please be more specific as to who the nominees are and why, "everyone" is a bit too broad of a nomination for Kodak moment.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”