Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I read your post. You said jk is less likely cause he hammered. You didn't give any other reason in that post. If that's your only reason it's wrong.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

jklash

You know I think I mentioned that new players sometimes have a hard time faking scumhunting and thus end up voting their partner more than you'd expect. jk goes through the first four pages basically and doesn't find anything to poke at but then suddenly jumps behind me with the exact reasons I'd have given to justify my vote. I think it's equally plausible or possibly more so that he's so observant in regards to PrivateI because you notice the flaws in your and your scum partner's game far more intensely than town players do. He defends his vote a little and pokes around at random issues of little importance.

The Billi wagon that Jake and jk shared at the start of day two was still absolutely awful scumbait because it gives them something to wave around like it matters but in reality it would've been an extremely aggressive scum move and much more likely to be exactly what it was, town PR signaling. Can we also note how strange it is that jk goes the entirety of day two without mentioning PrivateI and then suddenly signals his intent to hammer? I know he was representing a negative opinion on PrivateI on day one but if it was that strong surely he would've mentioned it again at some point on day two. It certainly feels like he was hoping to get away from bussing his partner on day two but when the wagon looked inevitable he made the only move he could and offered him up to the town.

I mean his random case on day three was alright but in the end I disagreed with enough of it that I only moved on random when no other good options presented themselves and it was wrong. I think I made my point about consistency in this game (yup) and the sort of consistency that jklash showed through the entirety of day three is the sort of consistency I love to lynch because it's scum making sure they have their story straight and not straying from the party line.

~~

There are some goofy things that make me think he's town though the little dialogue with/about PrivateI after he was lynched and the sheer obviousness about why a theoretical doctor would've protected random last night. Do scum really make those posts?
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 646, Jake from State Farm wrote:so one of jk and ddd are scum, time to go back and re-evaluate though i'm leaning heavy on DDD given BB claimed 1 shot.
Why does BB claiming have to do with you leaning scum on DDD?
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 647, dawn_to_dusk wrote:I think I understand billi, reckless and full townie day 1 to attract attention, preventing NK and giving town a great edge right?

Also, jk, I was hoping a doc could protect a claimed tracker, just in case it was correct.
Ok that makes sense due to the fact he claimed tracker. I probably wouldn't have protected him though.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

In post 652, jklash12 wrote:
In post 646, Jake from State Farm wrote:so one of jk and ddd are scum, time to go back and re-evaluate though i'm leaning heavy on DDD given BB claimed 1 shot.
No cc means he's probably clear so it's you or ddd and I was town reading you yesterday

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 4:06 am

was going to re-read but we have 1 mislynch left and I am pretty sure jk is town

vote: ddd

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 4:07 am

that should have said "we have 1 mislynch left in case I am wrong"

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 7:15 am

I just want to get this straight, you go from criticizing Billi for only providing one (bad) reason for his jk read yesterday to voting without any reasons today.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 7:16 am

But I was suspicious of him. I'm not suspicious of myself.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Since we have 1 mislynch left, I would just like to find the least likely mafioso of the 3, and then focus on lynching the other two in order, if we get it wrong today.
Currently I think Jake is the least likely, so I would join wagons on the other two at some point. But there is no hurry.
I think I'll be "quiet in the corner" while jk and DDD talk things out for awhile.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 8:40 am

In post 658, Jake from State Farm wrote:But I was suspicious of him. I'm not suspicious of myself.
I didn't mean day three I meant Wednesday aka like five posts ago.
In post 659, Billi bilaði wrote:Since we have 1 mislynch left, I would just like to find the least likely mafioso of the 3, and then focus on lynching the other two in order, if we get it wrong today.
Currently I think Jake is the least likely, so I would join wagons on the other two at some point. But there is no hurry.
I think I'll be "quiet in the corner" while jk and DDD talk things out for awhile.
No. If you care at all about this game you will interact with me so that I can convince you of the truth, I'm not going to persuade jklash he's scum if I decide he's more likely to be scum than Jake and he's not the one I need to convince anyways so why would I talk things out with him?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 8:42 am

On that last note, DTD should come talk to me as well.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am

Well I just didn't see any point in fighting with him over something I can't change plus he's essentially confirmed with no cc.

Call it bad/lazy play or whatever but we have a mislynch and it's much easier to scum hunt between 2 people then 3. Tomorrow we ever with 1 confirmed townie vs 2 unknowns. For me it's you or jk and that's it. So I'm going with my gut knowing if I'm wrong today, I'm right tomorrow and town still can win.

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting nk'd so I can be lazy. If they decide to lynch me today I'm ok with it cause they know where I stand.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 660, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 658, Jake from State Farm wrote:But I was suspicious of him. I'm not suspicious of myself.
I didn't mean day three I meant Wednesday aka like five posts ago.
In post 659, Billi bilaði wrote:Since we have 1 mislynch left, I would just like to find the least likely mafioso of the 3, and then focus on lynching the other two in order, if we get it wrong today.
No. If you care at all about this game you will interact with me so that I can convince you of the truth, I'm not going to persuade jklash he's scum if I decide he's more likely to be scum than Jake and he's not the one I need to convince anyways so why would I talk things out with him?
As I am, you should be happy to hang if you are pretty certain that the last mafioso hangs no later than tomorrow. So, I'm willing to discuss with you which one of the 3 of you is innocent. After that has been established I might be willing to follow your voting today.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

If we mislynch today either me or dawn will be nightkilled. Is there anyway for the townies to affect the nk-selection to our benefit?
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 654, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 652, jklash12 wrote:
No cc means he's probably clear so it's you or ddd and I was town reading you yesterday
Ok yeah I get the no cc but you just worded your sentence kind of funny.
In post 664, Billi bilaði wrote:If we mislynch today either me or dawn will be nightkilled. Is there anyway for the townies to affect the nk-selection to our benefit?
I bet it will more likely be you (billi) as you are conftown.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

It depends on which of me and dawn will be more likely to go with the mafioso.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Ok so my thoughts right now.

Billi- conf town

So that leaves dtd, ddd, and jake

Dtd- I think most unlikely to be scum as he looks like newb town but I am not ruling him out.

As for DDD and Jake I am not sure but leaning Jake as the final scum at the moment.

Yell at me if you want but I went back and looked at Jake's predecessor fused and found something interesting.
In post 10, fused_shadows wrote:
In post 8, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 5, fused_shadows wrote:Hi

VOTE: innocentvillager

I doubt you are such.
VOTE: fused_shadows

Opportunistic scum alert.

I tell you it's usually scum that goes for my provocative name.
Yes, I'm scum. How did you know? o: #sarcasm

It made a pretty good RVS joke, no?
In post 25, fused_shadows wrote:
In post 19, Billi bilaði wrote:Now, innocentvillager got a response out of fused_shadows which got randomidget to place the second vote on fused_shadows. It is a good enough reason that merits some poking into.
So, fused_shadows, how would you yourself respond to such a sarcastic response about being a villain that is destroying our homes?
<Prays for snow so that Igloos can be rebuilt>
Well, if I knew the person was being sarcastic (which I obviously was), then I would likely just ignore it. It's a type of comment that I've seen used by both Town and Mafia, so seeing someone else do it wouldn't really give me any reads on them.

I'm very intrigued by your research results, Billi. I wonder why innocentvillager would lie so blatantly like that.
Fused looks like he is trying to play it cool by saying more than once that he was using sarcasm.

First off, I realize this doesn't make Jake scum but it is a place to start. Tomorrow when I get free time I will go through Jake's posts to see if find anything worth looking at for scum or town.
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

In post 667, jklash12 wrote:Ok so my thoughts right now.

Billi- conf town

Dtd- I think most unlikely to be scum as he looks like newb town but I am not ruling him out.

As for DDD and Jake I am not sure but leaning Jake as the final scum at the moment.

Yell at me if you want but I went back and looked at Jake's predecessor fused and found something interesting.

I doubt you are such.

In post 19, Billi bilaði wrote:Now, innocentvillager got a response out of fused_shadows which got randomidget to place the second vote on fused_shadows. It is a good enough reason that merits some poking into.
So, fused_shadows, how would you yourself respond to such a sarcastic response about being a villain that is destroying our homes?
Well, if I knew the person was being sarcastic (which I obviously was), then I would likely just ignore it. It's a type of comment that I've seen used by both Town and Mafia, so seeing someone else do it wouldn't really give me any reads on them.

I'm very intrigued by your research results, Billi. I wonder why innocentvillager would lie so blatantly like that.
Fused looks like he is trying to play it cool by saying more than once that he was using sarcasm.

First off, I realize this doesn't make Jake scum but it is a place to start. Tomorrow when I get free time I will go through Jake's posts to see if find anything worth looking at for scum or town.
random is conf tracker. random tracked me N2. it came up with nothing. please tell me how i still have a chance of being scum
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

if we mislynch today, we have a 50-50 chance tomorrow. leaning jk today.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 12:34 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 668, dawn_to_dusk wrote:
In post 667, jklash12 wrote:Ok so my thoughts right now.

Billi- conf town

I doubt you are such.

random is conf tracker. random tracked me N2. it came up with nothing. please tell me how i still have a chance of being scum
He tracked you? I must have missed that let me check.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 596, Randomnamechange wrote:VOTE: Unvote dtdOk, im town tracker. Also just wanted to say that I have been really stupid. Last night I tracked dtd. He couldnt have killed Zephyr.
VOTE: Vote DDD he is the player I would most like dead at the end of the day.
I'm an idiot. :facepalm:
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 12:40 am

Post by jklash12 »

So billi and dtd are conf town. Later today I will read through jake's posts.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 660, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:...No. If you care at all about this game you will interact with me so that I can convince you of the truth, I'm not going to persuade jklash he's scum if I decide he's more likely to be scum than Jake and he's not the one I need to convince anyways so why would I talk things out with him?
With 150 posts (6 pages) I believe I care a bit about this game.
But my thoughts at this point would only help the mafioso to wiggle and twist.
So, I'll interact with you reactively, and not be putting forward half-baked thoughts that might confuse things.

You know that either or both of jk and Jake are townies.
Same goes for them.
So, you 3 deciding upon which of you 3 is the most likely townie would give us a lynch pool of 2 that should be a very sweet deal for the 4 townies?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 am

In post 663, Billi bilaði wrote:As I am, you should be happy to hang if you are
pretty certain
that the last mafioso hangs no later than tomorrow. So, I'm willing to discuss with you which one of the 3 of you is innocent. After that has been established I might be willing to follow your voting today.
I am certain to pretty certain of about three things; 1) I'm town, 2) You and DTD are town, 3) I don't trust you and DTD to make the right decision without me holding your hand; so no I will never be happy with my lynch in these circumstances.
In post 664, Billi bilaði wrote:If we mislynch today either me or dawn will be nightkilled. Is there anyway for the townies to affect the nk-selection to our benefit?
Not that I can think of.
In post 671, jklash12 wrote:
In post 596, Randomnamechange wrote:VOTE: Unvote dtdOk, im town tracker. Also just wanted to say that I have been really stupid. Last night I tracked dtd. He couldnt have killed Zephyr.
VOTE: Vote DDD he is the player I would most like dead at the end of the day.
I'm an idiot. :facepalm:
Like literally scum cannot be this incompetent, right? It'd be mind-boggling. Furthermore Jake has completely given up any pretense of giving a fuck, earlier in D4 he was chiding Billi for not providing reasons and then he provides none for his vote? I imagine it's much more likely that it's Jake trying to run a scam than jk and his attitude seems to be an attempt to parrot Billi's attitude so we can even tack pandering onto the charges.
In post 673, Billi bilaði wrote:But my thoughts at this point would only help the mafioso to wiggle and twist.
So, I'll interact with you reactively, and not be putting forward half-baked thoughts that might confuse things.

You know that either or both of jk and Jake are townies.
Same goes for them.
So, you 3 deciding upon which of you 3 is the most likely townie would give us a lynch pool of 2 that should be a very sweet deal for the 4 townies
So your logic is, we have two confirmed town players but instead of letting them dictate the day we should instead put it in the hands of two unconfirmed town players and a scum player to dictate how the day will go. Why would you willingly turn over any power to scum? Seize the game by the fucking throat and make sure it's the town who dictate how the day will go and not scum.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”