Micro 327 -- Ladies Night 3: Wine and Chocolate (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 297, Mist7676 wrote:but I assumed it was WIFOM because she's literally offering herself up for a lynch.
I wrote the book on AtE, that's not AtE.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:12 pm

In post 291, House Targaryen wrote:but I'm not calling her a confirmed town.
I'm calling her confirmed town.

Why wouldn't you?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:14 pm

In post 280, Shadowcat wrote:no, you are not confirmed town
Maybe I'm missing something?

A scum coming into a replacement and claiming straight up would be a really ballsy move... one more likely to draw the NK.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:16 pm

EBWOP

A scum coming into a replacement and claiming straight up would be a really ballsy move... one more likely to draw suspicion if not NK'd.

But the correct town play would still be to follow the cop tomorrow. If she's wrong, she's the next lynch. Do the numbers afford us this luxury?

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Juls »

Not if we don't hit scum today...
-------------------------------------
Juls
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm

My gut believes her.

Lemniscate
Lemniscate
Goon
Lemniscate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Lemniscate »

In post 299, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 277, Lemniscate wrote:I agree, if anyone would like to counter-claim me, feel free. I'll personally lead the lynch on myself today. I'm alright with that, seeing as how we get a free scum for tomorrow.
How does that work?
Because the only person that can counter-claim me is scum. We
Absolutely Need
someone to counter-claim me today if there is. It'll confirm that either myself or that person is scum. If we let that person go, and we mislynch today, scum can leave me alive tonight to frame me and just counter-claim me tomorrow and say "look, she's not dead! she's obviously scum! Plus I'm a power role, and I wanted to use whatever my ability was one last night before I outed myself and died!" Then I get lynched and we lose. We can't give scum that option. If they are ballsy (that's a funny word considering we're all girls) and they want to pursue a counter-claim, now would be the time to force them to do it. We should say if anyone counter-claims tomorrow, they should be lynched on the spot. That way either we deal with the situation now while we have a mislynch to go, or i'm confirmed town and we eliminate the possibility of scum having a play for tomorrow. It's forcing their hands and eliminating a possibility for a play tomorrow. Granted I know I'm dead tonight, but at least then the rest of us have a chance at figuring out who scum really is tomorrow.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Lem I don't think you are going to get a CC with these rather wise ladies playing, so why don't you move onto something else, oh like scum hunting...

As for the complaints about us commenting on your pred's behavior, that is certainly kosher to do since many of us were scum reading your pred. The slot does not change alignment just because someone replaces in, so of course your pred's behavior WILL be part of how we read YOU.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Lemniscate
Lemniscate
Goon
Lemniscate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Lemniscate »

In post 307, RachMarie wrote:Lem I don't think you are going to get a CC with these rather wise ladies playing, so why don't you move onto something else, oh like scum hunting...

As for the complaints about us commenting on your pred's behavior, that is certainly kosher to do since many of us were scum reading your pred. The slot does not change alignment just because someone replaces in, so of course your pred's behavior WILL be part of how we read YOU.
So you're shutting down the idea of cornering scum and eliminating their chance at playing us tomorrow, and instead trying to move on and give them a chance? And you do it by AtE (calling them "wise ladies") and twisting my whole point in saying that?

I'm definitely okay with scum hunting.

VOTE: RachMarie

You're definitely trying to give your team a chance at winning through the motivation behind your posts, and now I see which side you are on. It's a good play, try and give your team a chance to play the town by ignoring the obvious play today and hoping nobody else jumps on board. You didn't even try to make it sound like it was a good idea to allow scum to gambit tomorrow either, you just flat out tried to discredit my opinion by talking about my predecessor. It wasn't even a good try, but either way you are caught here.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Nice OMGUS there

seriously chica, I am not discrediting you, I am pushing you. There is a difference. My point is there has been plenty of time, and had anyone planned on CCing you, they would have done it already. Meanwhile we have no idea, other than your OMGUS read there, what your reads are.

If you really are the backup cop as you say you are, then you should be focused on finding out who the scum are and letting us know your reads, just in case you get NKed at night duh.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by RachMarie »

As for my point on your pred, you totally missed it. It is the reason why so many of us are sitting here wondering about you, because Arc was not playing to her town meta. We are not voting you and giving you a chance because you are an un CCed PR claim, but that does not mean you have a fresh slate and nothing your pred did counts.

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

OK, will not lynch list is Lemniscate, RachMarie, Shadowcat

...if those are correct, that puts this game into auto-win territory for me, actually. Tempted to just lynch down the list, but eh, might as well put some brain power into this.

DGB: Weighing the hammer against the part where this is DGB's town game. The hammer, it is heavy, but possibly just shiny. Surprisingly non-defensive about the hammer, has some good points about scum-motivated cases versus town-motivated ones. The whole 'lynch me if you want to' thing reminds me of her town play in Anything Goes IIRC where she basically threw herself on the scum kill via day phase banter.

Juls: I liked her Day One play, and while I'm not sold on her DGB argument, I like that she's interacting with other players as the day phase goes on and generally not taking the easy tunnel route.

HT: The DGB push is weak: lots of talking about how scummy she is, very little to back it up. The shift from seeing her as aggressive town to being oh-so-scummy feels unnatural. The attitude toward the deputy claim is weird as hell. Why would we deal with it tomorrow? Without a counterclaim today, we either have a vig who has decided to shoot Lemniscate overnight, in which case we get the obvscum flip, or it's a true claim and scum has to kill her overnight, in which case we get the obvtown flip. Only way Lemniscate doesn't die overnight is if she's town and we lynch the goon, rendering her role useless and scum's dumb enough to do a 1v1 at 4:1 town:scum.

I'm running low on time just now, but I'd like to do a partner analysis via double ISOs on these three before the day phase ends. See what shakes out. I'll vote after that.

Lemniscate, I assume is about me...? But some of your points just don't make sense, straight up:
In post 282, Lemniscate wrote:#6. The Day 1 VCA with her staying off of the mislynch wagon but not having any real reasons posted or any reads to give us reasons why she would stay off. This reveals the opportunity of a mindset that she already knew it was a mislynch.
I'd replaced into the game at post #186, 2:45 PM my time. Baezu was at L-1. That I managed to catch up at all on a weekend was a thing for me, and Baezu was hammered at 5:10 PM my time. Why on earth do you think I should have come in and hammered? This was a short read, and yeah, I'd have gone with the lynch in the end, but no way in hell was it happening in three hours when we had 3-4 days on the clock.
In post 282, Lemniscate wrote:After being able to confirm someone is town, the fact that you'd leave your vote on them does not seem like a town-motivated thing to do, especially when you've had posts since then and more than enough ample time to change it.
Do not grok. You claimed deputy, I unvoted while waiting to see if there was a CC. If you're talking about your entry post, do give me some time to stop laughing at the idea that you saying you can confirm someone as scum and yourself as town should be enough to make any sane player unvote. Especially when you also imply that the cases against you might be good after all.

The rest of your points are general statements that don't relate back to anything I've done, so not really interested. I'd suggest you look outside your predecessor's wagon for scum though.

P-edit: And hey, you are!...right into town-RachMarie. :facepalm: Argh. Look, RachMarie, upon further thought, any PR should CC today. Yes, if there's a vig, they can shoot Lemniscate tonight, but that only makes a difference if we lynch scum from the remaining five people today. Claiming and knowing we have scum in Lemniscate gives us two additional chances to shoot scum at 5p and 3p; waiting for the vig to shoot overnight means with a mislynch today we still end up in MyLo with one shot at lynching correctly, given that conf-town vig means MyLo = LyLo. It does give the vig an extra shot at 3p overnight, but I think the extra time with more voices involved is better for us on the whole of it.

Lemniscate, people disagreeing with you or voting your unclaimed predecessor for scummy behavior doesn't make them scum. What of the game have you read? Because it looks to me like you've skimmed over a lot. And I don't know if you've played with RachMarie before, but she is never, ever, ever this active as scum. If she put on a sandwich board with a town role PM on it and walked up and down Main Street I couldn't be more convinced she's town.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 12:10 am

Post by Juls »

The only way someone should NOT CC is if they are the vig. Let me make this clear....
if anyone other than the vig CC's tomorrow, I will NOT believe you
. If we have a vig they can just shoot Lemi in the night.
Juls
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 2:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 2 - 4
  • DrippingGoofball
    (2) (Juls - House Targaryen)

Juls
    (1) (DrippingGoofball)

House Targaryen
    (1) (Shadowcat)

RachMarie
    (1) (Lemniscate)

Lemniscate
    (0) (
    Shadowcat
    -
    penguin_alien
    )

penguin_alien
    (0) (
    Lemniscate
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (
    Lemniscate
    - RachMarie -
    House Targaryen
    - penguin_alien)
With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.

Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-05-13 14:05:00)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:34 am

This is it, then.

VOTE: House Targaryen

Shadowcat
Shadowcat
Goon
Shadowcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Shadowcat »

@ Rach:
Who do you think are the scum?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Juls »

Deadline in just under 3 days. I don't plan on changing my vote....I will be V/LA tomorrow.
Juls
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Going to take a good look at the wagons (HT and DGB) and vote

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I really lack the brain power to do the detailed double ISO reads I did in Micro 318 right now. I will make sure I hit that in the next 24 hours; just weekend time/energy suck.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Juls »

Uh bump... 19 hours to deadline.
Juls
Shadowcat
Shadowcat
Goon
Shadowcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Shadowcat »

In post 319, Juls wrote:Uh bump... 19 hours to deadline.
It's okay! You are allowed to bus your scumbuddieeee for the deadline lynch <3

~Mala
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Juls »

I'm voting scum.
Juls
Shadowcat
Shadowcat
Goon
Shadowcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Shadowcat »

No, I don't think you are. Explain why DGB is scum? I'm townreading her.

~Cat
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Juls »

I've already explained. If you think I am scum though your reading is very poor so I can't help you much. I'm not even sure how you can possibly get a town read from DGB. If apathy equals town then I guess DGB is town. Otherwise, all she has done is OMGUS and lurk. But whatever...I'm not changing my vote.
Juls
House Targaryen
House Targaryen
Townie
House Targaryen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by House Targaryen »

We are also keeping our vote on scum. The rules state that if a majority isn't reached, a no lynch will occur, which would put us in the same position tomorrow. (1 mislynch and we lose)

Lynching gives us information. It would be best if we hit scum, because it grants us more time, but even if we hit town, we are still in danger tomorrow. Though, I don't expect that to be a problem, since DGB is scum!

~Vissy

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”