BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 5:33 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1024, Thor665 wrote:Except that my point was that you clung to the back of issues. Not that you lacked reasoning. Sheeping multiple identical cases supports one of those more than the other, and it doesn't support the one that I'm making the case on you over. Now, if my case was that you lacked original thought - then me lying about that might make some sense. My point of you clinging to the back of cases is supported by you not coming at me until 2 other people had done so first - it doesn't matter what their reasoning, or yours was, it matters that you didn't express an issue with me today till after two others did the same. If I'd lied and said 3, that would, again, be in support of my case - but I didn't do that either.
So, the case I presented on Elk was clinging onto the back of what issues exactly?

Here is NM's and Tr1ck's 'attack' on you before I presented my opinion
In post 824, Not_Mafia wrote:
Thor looks worse to me for his disappearance late day 1
In post 827, Tr1ckster wrote:
I don't like this. You and NM are both pinging. Why do you care what everyone else thinks before you share your own thoughts?
In post 829, Tr1ckster wrote:
Thor's post might have been him trying to scare people off of the NM wagon. Which would support a Thor NM scum team.

Anyways.. I think in order for scum to have that many wagons on town we'd have to have very influential scum... which rather supports my fear that Thor is scum...

Although.. this is only an assumption that Thor is influential scum.. based on the fact that he's an IC.. has anyone played with Thor as scum before?
You're right. Those two were going after you pretty hard, I don't know how you would possibly defend yourself. It's such an easy D2 lynch; I'm jumping on that wagon! (clinging to the back of this case) /sarcasm

NM wrote one line and Tr1ck wrote a couple. Neither were mounting sufficient pressure and neither were presenting a solid case for me to 'cling to the back of'.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1020, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1011, Aquanim wrote:Uh... the BBT wagon did get to L-1, if only briefly. Madonna put it there.
Do you think she was coming back? Were you? This is a silly conversation.
If there had been insufficient interest in a Belisarius lynch I was coming back. If there had been insufficint interest in a Belisarius or Tr1ckster lynch, I think Madonna would have come back.
In post 1011, Aquanim wrote:And no, you didn't get town a lynch and a flip. I got town a lynch and a flip, on someone I was happy to lynch, by pushing the Belisarius wagon. You didn't contribute to that wagon, you came in and hammered it at the end having put no work into it and not even being accountable for it, since it was Beli or a no-lynch at that point.
:neutral:
Ah, right, so at the stage it was Belli or no lynch...what are you saying I should have done? And who do you think was going to make the Belli thing happen if not I? ANd which is preferable, Belli or no lynch?
I'm not saying you shouldn't have hammered Belisarius. I'm saying I don't give you any town credit (nor a scumread) for it since I think you'd have done that whatever your alignment; and prior to that point, you did not exert any effort towards getting a "lynch and a flip".

As for who else would have made it happen? Madonna springs to mind, she was voting Beli before. But that's beside the point.
In post 1012, Aquanim wrote:I also still want you to reconcile these two statements:
I did call Madonna town and was correct.
I did go through multiple shifts with her wherein I noted that she was becoming less town or that I supported a lynch on her.
I did express a "not calling her town" which you are apparently deciding equates to "calling her scum"
That's not what I said. I think a "not calling her town" attitude is kind of different to a "calling her town" attitude. Amd they're both different to a "calling her scum" attitude. That being said I have my answer to this question.
In post 1021, Thor665 wrote: You have shown, and proven, that Thor is not fact checking himself.
That proves that all my answers are coming off the top of my head without fear.
Or that you're scum and you're not reading the thread or remembering what your professed attitude at certain points in the thread was. So that proves nothing.
You have shown I have gotten facts skewed.
You have not shown any issue with what I'm saying vs. what I was and am doing - indeed, those all line up perfectly.
Well, except for the parts that line up imperfectly. But if I decide you're scummy enough to be lynched it won't be because of those; it will be because I believe that your activity during the game, what cases you chose to push and when, reflect a scum mentality. Clarifying discrepancies between what you state in your defence and actual events is a necessary part for me in making that decision.

Also, Thor: Let me make something perfectly clear to you. If I was convinced you were the most likely person to roll scum this game, I'd be voting for you already. I'm not. I'm asking you questions like this because I don't understand why you would do and say some of these things as a townie; that being said, I'm prepared to consider the explanations you do make. But I do need those explanations to make that judgement.

I'm also doing this because, based on my knowledge of you as a player, nothing less than this would give me any basis on which to read you accurately at all, short of associative cases with flipped scum.

So - if I'm hurting your feelings by ensuring that you are held to only accurate statements, rather than whatever half- or mostly-truths you remember which are more consistent with your arguments, then I apologise; but if you're scum I won't let you win a game by defending yourself with only half-true arguments.

I'm not really interested at this point in debating what you think of my style and methods as a townie; save it for the postgame. In fact, I'm not really interested in discussing any of this last part - you asked what I'm doing and I've answered, but I don't think discussing it further gets anyone any closer to finding scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:If there had been insufficient interest in a Belisarius lynch I was coming back. If there had been insufficint interest in a Belisarius or Tr1ckster lynch, I think Madonna would have come back.
By the time I made my move there was no time for much change at all - and neither of you had shown any initiative in moving anywhere. I stand by my read of the situation. If you were going to wait till there was no activity before moving back - you were comfortable waiting to a point I considered non-functional.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:I'm not saying you shouldn't have hammered Belisarius. I'm saying I don't give you any town credit (nor a scumread) for it since I think you'd have done that whatever your alignment
So what is the purpose of this conversation? Because I'm only doing it because I think you're town and want you to understand that I am - but apparently I'm spinning my wheels because you have no purpose. Yes/no?
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:As for who else would have made it happen? Madonna springs to mind, she was voting Beli before. But that's beside the point.
You do realize that she, as town, made the comment that se wasn't thrilled by the Belli vote but didn't support trying to switch stuff around. Crazy concept coming from a town player, really.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:Or that you're scum and you're not reading the thread or remembering what your professed attitude at certain points in the thread was. So that proves nothing.
:neutral:
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:Well, except for the parts that line up imperfectly. But if I decide you're scummy enough to be lynched it won't be because of those; it will be because I believe that your activity during the game, what cases you chose to push and when, reflect a scum mentality. Clarifying discrepancies between what you state in your defence and actual events is a necessary part for me in making that decision.
The parts that line up imperfectly are stupid quibbling - you need to look past fine details and notice the point and the purpose of a post.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:Also, Thor: Let me make something perfectly clear to you. If I was convinced you were the most likely person to roll scum this game, I'd be voting for you already. I'm not. I'm asking you questions like this because I don't understand why you would do and say some of these things as a townie; that being said,
I'm prepared to consider the explanations you do make. But I do need those explanations to make that judgement.
Aquanim, let me make something perfectly clear to you - if you don't need my explanations stop wasting my time and filling the thread with walls. It is anti-town on both fronts.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:I'm also doing this because, based on my knowledge of you as a player, nothing less than this would give me any basis on which to read you accurately at all, short of associative cases with flipped scum.
And yet we appear to be going nowhere still.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:So - if I'm hurting your feelings by ensuring that you are held to only accurate statements, rather than whatever half- or mostly-truths you remember which are more consistent with your arguments, then I apologise; but if you're scum I won't let you win a game by defending yourself with only half-true arguments.
I have not defended myself with any half-truths. You have attacked me with half truths that ignore that, regardless of the factual accuracy, my point still holds firm, meaning I had no reason to lie to make my point, meaning the lies are not alignment based.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:I'm not really interested at this point in debating what you think of my style and methods as a townie; save it for the postgame. In fact, I'm not really interested in discussing any of this last part - you asked what I'm doing and I've answered, but I don't think discussing it further gets anyone any closer to finding scum.
Agreed - vote BBT now. Or advance your Elk case.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1025, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So, the case I presented on Elk was clinging onto the back of what issues exactly?
To no issues at all - I never said it was. It *was* clinging to the back of their attack on me. Frankly, look at how long it took you to chime in on this one - you're clinging to Aqua's back now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 6:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1028, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1025, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So, the case I presented on Elk was clinging onto the back of what issues exactly?
To no issues at all - I never said it was
. It *was* clinging to the back of their attack on me. Frankly, look at how long it took you to chime in on this one - you're clinging to Aqua's back now.
But you said my stance for the day was clinging to the back of issues. This kinda goes against what you said, no?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 943, Thor665 wrote:I find his play today to be like clinging to the back of any discussion so that if it goes under he shall remain afloat.
I dunno - *is* that what I said?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Aquanim »

You know what?

VOTE: Thor665

I'm not even sure I care what your alignment is anymore - this bullshit has gone far enough. Get out.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

My point has nothing to do with what issues you are or are not expressing agreement to - it's the *method* of how you are doing so.
Is that clear now?

@Aquanim - what Bullsmurf? Specificaly?
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Knell »

? What
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote BBT - maybe it will reset Aquanim to normal mode off of aggro mode.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Here's the case for why y'all should lynch Thor:

1) Absolutely no interest in the day 1 lynch after the BBT wagon regressed a little. Thor's incredibly stubborn about everything else, and yet he gives up when the going gets hard? I don't believe it.
2) His entire contribution to this game has been some tunnel on BBT I'm not buying anymore.
3) It's impossible to actually have a conversation with him without him twisting everything you say and then holding you accountable for his lies. Either he's scum or he's a goddamn liability.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Knell »

VOTE: BBT

Reset. *pushes button*
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

My rebuttal to the case;

1. Thor had interest in the Day 1 lynch, until we went for a lynch he wasn't excited about - I think he 'gave up' in the last 48 hours...clearly he shouldn't have done so till some other near deadline moment.
2. I will accuse him both of stopping tunneling on BBT at the end of Day 1 and also of tunneling on BBT too much, this makes sense.
3. I have not held you accountable for any lies - I would e curious to see where you think I have.

@Aqua - vote BBT now?
@Knell - thanks.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1027, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:If there had been insufficient interest in a Belisarius lynch I was coming back. If there had been insufficint interest in a Belisarius or Tr1ckster lynch, I think Madonna would have come back.
By the time I made my move there was no time for much change at all - and neither of you had shown any initiative in moving anywhere. I stand by my read of the situation. If you were going to wait till there was no activity before moving back - you were comfortable waiting to a point I considered non-functional.
Completely missing the point of what I said. By the time Thor made his move there WAS sufficient interest in a Belisarius lynch.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:I'm not saying you shouldn't have hammered Belisarius. I'm saying I don't give you any town credit (nor a scumread) for it since I think you'd have done that whatever your alignment
So what is the purpose of this conversation? Because I'm only doing it because I think you're town and want you to understand that I am - but apparently I'm spinning my wheels because you have no purpose. Yes/no?
The purpose of this conversation was a DIFFERENT read, which in the end Thor didn't contest (namely that he did nothing besides hammer Belisarius), but he dragged the discussion off into "whether or not he should have hammered Belisarius" and then blames ME for bringing up irrelevancies. Piss off.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:Also, Thor: Let me make something perfectly clear to you. If I was convinced you were the most likely person to roll scum this game, I'd be voting for you already. I'm not. I'm asking you questions like this because I don't understand why you would do and say some of these things as a townie; that being said,
I'm prepared to consider the explanations you do make. But I do need those explanations to make that judgement.
Aquanim, let me make something perfectly clear to you - if you don't need my explanations stop wasting my time and filling the thread with walls. It is anti-town on both fronts.
I explicitly say I need his explanations, and then he goes off and blusters about what I should do if I don't need them? This is just noise.
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:So - if I'm hurting your feelings by ensuring that you are held to only accurate statements, rather than whatever half- or mostly-truths you remember which are more consistent with your arguments, then I apologise; but if you're scum I won't let you win a game by defending yourself with only half-true arguments.
I have not defended myself with any half-truths. You have attacked me with half truths that ignore that, regardless of the factual accuracy, my point still holds firm, meaning I had no reason to lie to make my point, meaning the lies are not alignment based.
So when Thor makes up something that didn't happen to defend himself, and then I call bullshit, that's not him defending himself with lies. What a joke.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1037, Thor665 wrote:My rebuttal to the case;
@Aqua - vote BBT now?
@Knell - thanks.
LOLOL

You do realise a BBT vote would be a hammer, don't you? Of course you do.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Aquanim »

If you thought trying to fool me into hammering BBT would annoy me less, I'm afraid you've sadly misjudged me.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Knell »

In post 1036, Knell wrote:VOTE: BBT

Reset. *pushes button*
VOTE: BBT *presses down harder*
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@Knell
What makes you think that BBT is in my top two scumreads at the moment and that merely asking me to vote him would be sufficient to make that happen?
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Knell »

What makes you think this kind of push is acceptable? Keep your cool. He wasn't trying to trick you into quick hammering. -_-
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1038, Aquanim wrote:The purpose of this conversation was a DIFFERENT read, which in the end Thor didn't contest (namely that he did nothing besides hammer Belisarius), but he dragged the discussion off into "whether or not he should have hammered Belisarius" and then blames ME for bringing up irrelevancies. Piss off.
I find this an objectionable and whiny complaint, here is how I saw the conversation;

A: You did nothing to advance lynching BBT.
T: Yes I did, I did a lot.
A: Not in the final 48 hours.
T: I will agree with that, but at that stage it would have been anti-town to try.
A: I disagree.
T: I disagree with you and fail to see how that makes me look scummy.
A: You should have tried regardless, you are scummy for failing to try.
T: Is this going somewhere?
A: Don't complain about this being irrelevant!

That's my perception of the conversation. Where do you think I'm losing the flow and making stuff up?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I've been baited into enough of these stupid arguments with you Thor. I'm done with them.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1043, Knell wrote:What makes you think this kind of push is acceptable? Keep your cool. He wasn't trying to trick you into quick hammering. -_-
For the record, while I am annoyed at the moment, I am at least moderately serious. I've been leaning scum on Thor for a while, and since I don't think my read on him's ever going to get any better than that...

As for the other... what is your description of "asking someone to vote for an L-1 wagon without mentioning that fact"?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I don't really give a toss as to what Thor thinks at this point, but as a sign of goodwill to Knell:
UNVOTE: Thor
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Knell »

Given the context of when he asked you. Do you think Thor thought it likely you would actually just be say, "Okay! Vote BBT"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1038, Aquanim wrote:So when Thor makes up something that didn't happen to defend himself, and then I call bullshit, that's not him defending himself with lies. What a joke.
Explain the justification of why I needed to lie, and show the lie. If it's the "two people, same case" as opposed to "two people, different case" when the point wasn't "same case" but "Two people" then I am unimpressed. If it was the "called Madonna town" and your issue is "you did, but at an earlier point, and though you defended her near the end of the day you demurred from expressly calling her a town read...even though the reason you brought it up was justification of choosing Belli to lynch over her...which you clearly did, and at no point really pushed the Madonna lynch...and I'm not even sure why it's an issue that Thor is arguing that he preferred not to lynch Madonna over Belli when that is a debate of a t vs. t lynch" then...I don't know what your issue is at all, regardless of thinking whether I was lying or not.

Edit:Oh, and now asking for backup annoys you...but you are angered when I get annoyed. Look, I'm trying to talk to you about the reasoning behind your case - I'm not even debating semantics with you. Take a chill pill, and come back later. The point of these questions is to ask you about motive. You have a piece of evidence, evidence that I'm not even denying (and never have...despite your odd claims to the contrary) but what I'm debating with you is that there's no valid reason to think I would bother to do that as scum. Seriously.

Edit Edit: Oooh, did the reset work?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”